Ratings for Dr. Grazyna Morton

I waited a year and a half to see someone for my bi-polar disorder which is currently not being treated by anyone. I let her know that my medication is no longer working for me and that as a result I am currently unable to work due to my symptoms being so bad. She didn't change my medication, instead she just increased my dosage and sent me on my way. She said she cannot help me because I live so far away. I moved while waiting for the referral to go through. Now, I have to wait on a waiting list for a new family doctor, get another referral where I live. This could potentially take years-again. I'm scared and I told her so. I'm so scared because my illness is so bad. I don't sleep. I have mixed episodes all the time where I don't sleep but I'm so depressed. I told her that I stay up all night and cry. The only thing that saves me from suicide is my children. I wish I could die instead of suffering like this. She told me that I am unemployable and I should stop trying to get better to go back to work and just go on a disability. But I know I can get better if I have proper care like I did ten years ago. Knowing that I may never work again just increased my depression. The increase in meds hasn't helped my symptoms, I'm just tired and still sick. I don't mind driving any distance just to get the help I need. I'm scared that I will give up on everything. She didn't seem concerned that I'm unable to live and how bad my symptoms were. I asked her if she could refer me to someone where I lived and she said she couldn't, but I know she could. She just didn't care to help me. It's made my depression worse, because I got my hopes up that someone would help me. It's hard enough when you are so depressed that you don't even want to do anything to try and get help, but when you finally do and the person doesn't want t o even refer you- it just makes it so hard to keep trying. If she reads this, it's all in my file. And if I die from my disease it's all her fault. I do have to say that the young man that did my intake was wonderful and if she had actually followed through on what I talked to him about and helped me I'd feel at least a little hopeful I could get my life back. Avoid her at all costs if you can get a referral somewhere else.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Despite being young (early 20's), I have seen my share of psychiatrists both in Canada and internationally. As well, I work in the mental health field as a professional. I say all of this to give you an idea of who I am. I have never had a particularly good experience with psychiatrists, but I have also NEVER had such a BAD experience as with Dr. Morton. I have seen her twice now, and she makes me feel absolutely "crazy", even though I hate using that word. I always am on the verge of a panic attack in her office and it takes so much mental preparation to go to see her. I was on an 8 month wait list to see her. Her admin staff as well as the psychologist who did my assessment were absolutely great. On the first appointment, Dr. Morton clearly showed that she had not read any of my history, nor my life story that i had sent through the psychologist for her to read. This was despite it being in my folder (i saw it). The way she talks, it feels very demeaning and I'm a person that is comfortable with silence, but hers is not therapeutic at all! Before the second visit, Dr. Morton left me waiting 30 minutes for a 40-45 min appointment. She could've come and told me or her secretary that she would be late or give me an estimate of when she would be done. But no, and as someone with diagnosed general anxiety you can imagine how stressful this was for me. I have a feeling she has NO idea how to properly medicate someone, and she told me we were in a "trial and error " period basically. That's not very reassuring considering I haven't had a rediagnosis from her. Overall, I would never reccomend this doctor and I can't imagine how she makes people that are reaching for help for the first time feel.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I wasn't going to leave a review about Dr.Morton because I feel spreading negativity only creates more negativity. I've realized I should do this because if there is anyone out there like me who is desperately looking for answers regarding their health, you need to know not to see this doctor. I actually had a very pleasant experience with the nursing staff, I forget her name, but she made me feel very comfortable talking about my illness. After meeting with the nurse I was very optimistic to meet Dr.Morton since the rest of the staff were very friendly. Well, I was wrong. I swear I was stuck in the twilight zone, it felt like everyone there was trying to fuck with me. I don't have a great sense of direction so when I asked a member of the staff where I should be they told me to go to registration. I looked and looked but could not find registration. So I asked someone else and they point me to admissions. I get my patient file thingy at admissions and wander aimlessly around the Royal until I find Dr.Mortons office. Upon meeting Dr.Morton, she did not seem very interested in me, and it was clear that she hasn't read my file. I have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome and since it's a syndrome I experience a plethora of negative symptoms including; anxiety, insomnia, dizziness, rapid heart rate...the list goes on. I spent quite awhile explaining these symptoms to Dr.Morton which I felt was redundant since I was there to ask for help weening off Seroquel. After many seemingly unconnected questions and multiple awkward silences she says to me, "you probably want to know what I think". And honestly, no. I didn't. Here's what she thought: -She thinks I have bi-polar disorder solely based on my family history(even though this has been ruled out by all of the psychiatrists I've ever seen -I should start anti-depressant drugs -The antidepressants will either cure my depression and anxiety (also, not why I was there) -Or they with trigger a manic episode and she will just treat me for bipolar. There was so much wrong with this visit. It scares me to think there are other doctors out there that think its okay to give people, who they believe have bipolar disorder, antidepressants. I have never, and will never take antidepressants because of my family history. I shared all of this with her and her solution was to give me an antipsychotic mediaction (I'm already taking antipsychotics and the purpose of the visit was to get off of them) I didn't want to go to the follow up but I did and was one again disappointed. This time she told me I actually need to be taking more seroquel. Which is ridiculous because seroquel makes me so ill but it's so hard to get off. She pretty much told me that I'm not taking my health seriously because I disagree with her treatment methods. But I think choosing to leave that doctor was the best decision I've ever made for my health. I hope this was helpful. Always remember, if the advice you're receiving from a doctor doesn't seem like it would be helpful or you feel like it would actually be damaging.. GET OUT!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Dr Morton is a cow! I went to see her for mood swings and she called CAS on my family, this was right after she denied me treatment because i was drinking alcohol.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Norton for a while now and I really like her. She is professional, kind, empathetic, soft spoken and easy to talk to. Having been a consumer for a bipolar disorder for over 30 years, I have met several mental health practitioners and Dr. Norton rates high on my list of preferred doctors. I trust her implicitly. She is experienced, knowledgeable of new medications, is willing to listen to my suggestions or questions and will work WITH me to resolve any concerning issues regarding my meds. I would highly recommend Dr. Norton to anyone who is suffering from a bipolar disorder and needs support and counsel regarding treatment.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Great Dr. she has helped me overcome some major issues I have had. It seems she took the cautious road to help me so the process was slower than I would have liked but the end result was amazing! thank you! As for the other negative comments here... I guess haters gonna hate!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

Waited almost a year to get a shrink and then when I finally got an appt she tells me that she would only follow me for about three months then send me back to my family doctor. What kind of crappy service is that after waiting for so long. If they only see a patient for 3 months why is there such a waiting list. Found her completely unsympathetic and almost unprofessional. She also said that since I had such good treatment last time (13 years ago) that they were hoping it would last the rest of my life....really!!!! Depression does recur Dr. Morton. Completely useless and made me feel like I had done something wrong by not being fixed from the last treatment so long ago. Retire already!! She really needs an overhaul in professionalism and bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2013

Is it too much to ask that she be aware of my case when we see each other? I know she has a lot of clients. She can't remember all of them. I know that, but maybe she can have some kind of quick notes that she reads and adjusts as needed to read before she sees a client? She has receive reports from two sources that I am not bipolar, yet she keeps trying to treat my conditions as such. She has received reports of suggested treatments but ignores them (anti-depressants). She's got reports from 3 sources that I have issues with my eating and physical appearance but prescribes stuff that makes me gain weight, putting me at risk of a relapse. She also forgets that she is not the one that put me on sick leave. That was my family physician, she wanted to send me back to work 2 months before my family doctor thinks I should. I am trying to stick it out, it took me over a year to have a psychiatrist but sometimes I wonder if this is worth it at all.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

Dr. Morton is the most incompetent doctor I have ever met. She seems to be very lost and has no idea what she's doing. She would prescribe new medication to me and not follow me closely at all. She has time and time again told me she does not want to help me. "I've helped you twice before, I can't anymore." were some of her words. She stopped a medication without properly decreasing it first which lead me to have terrible withdrawals. Two days after stopping the medication I went back to complain of the horrible withdrawals and she claimed that there was no possible way I had withdrawals, that I was lying, and since I was getting angry that I couldn't be that sick. She then sent me to the civic for a medical assesment where they concluded I was suffering from withdrawals. She is a liar, and when you catch her on her lies she acts guilty and like she thinks you're too stupid to figure out the truth. I would never, ever reccomend her to ANYONE. Worst doctor ever! Beware!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

I found her not helpfull at all. I didn't feel comfortable with her. I can relate to the other negative comments about her.....

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012