Ratings for Dr. Peter Seviour

The last time I saw Dr. Seviour was in 2014 and I have not been back to him since. He referred me to a psychiatrist that I had seen before and was not interested in treating me (I have anxiety issues). I told him this but he referred me anyway. The next time I saw him, he told me he would no longer treat me because I refused to see this psychiatrist. I had explained why I would not see the psychiatrist he was going to refer me to when he made the referral and asked to be referred to anyone else; I didn't care if I had to wait a year but he referred me anyway; ironically, when I got the letter in the mail saying I have an appointment with the psychiatrist I was refusing to see it was literally for the next year, almost the exact same date I received the letter! I walked out on him and said that if he truly cared about me he would have listened to me instead of dismissing me then discharging me from his practice. I have since found another physician who does listen to me and has referred me to (and I am seeing) a psychiatrist who treats me like a human being - the psychiatrist I had an issue with would not treat me like a human being; when I explained to the psychiatrist that Dr. Seviour wanted me to go back to that I had a brain injury, the psychiatrist told me to stop speaking and would only see me if someone else was there with me - apparently if I have a brain injury I am too "retarded" to see a medical professional on my own (the psychiatrist I originally saw told me this).

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I really believe the good reviews are completely fake. This is one of the least knowledgeable doctors around. His lack of concern for older patients is appalling. He cannot diagnose the simplest of diseases and has caused at least two people I know, their lives. Do not go to this doctor. The emergency room is much safer.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Seviour for over ten years and have never had an issue or a complaint regarding his deliverance as my family physician. Canadians as a nation should appreciate their health care system. Peter is a great doc and a great person!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Glad I finally went to see him. Sat and listened, got me back on track. Very professional.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Very open minded and never misses an opportunity to ask about how I'm really doing. So very happy with his care.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

My mother was under the care of this QUACK. She recently passed away from undiagnosed lymphoma. Run as fast as you can before he puts your family in jeopardy.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr Seviour is excellent! I do not understand any negative reviews as I have been a patient of his for several years and have witnessed nothing but professionalism and compassion.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Awesome Doctor. Never had an issue with him rushing me out or not listening. Always willing to talk about my medications. Seems like the people complaining just like to complain.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

It seems that every time I go there he is in such a rich and don't even give me time to ask the questions that I have concerns with my heath, and when I ask his not so professional receptionist if I could ask him a quick question that I forgot to ask she abruptly tells me NO and to make another appointment. I'm 67 years old and I forget things sometimes

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

great doctor, very thorough and understanding. Read some of the other comments here, makes me wonder about their motives. Recommend Dr Seviour to all my friends and they`ve all had the same great experience

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015