Ratings for Dr. Peter Seviour

He misdiagnosed me many times. Refused to put me off work when I hurt my back badly. I got a new family doctor. Never went back to see Dr. Seviour. His secretary told me that she faxed files. They were not faxed. I called the office, she kept on insisting that she faxed the papers.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Rude doctor who does not listen to you at all - he will be only in the examination room for two minutes and then cut you off and leave, even if you have a UTI! What does it take for him to listen to a patient and show compassion????

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Rude doctor who seems to not care about his patients at all - he dismissed me when I went to see him about an issue; he didn't do any examination and said "nothing's wrong with you" and left the room - within two minutes! I ended up going to the Emergency Room and finding out that I had appendicitis!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Seeing Dr Seviour for over 10 years- always been happy with his knowledge and treatment. Recently got some medical problems, and he`s been on top of everything, even called me at home to see if I`d heard about the date for the test he ordered. Trust him 100%

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Rude doctor who will only speak to you for a couple of minutes and doesn't really listen to your problem - he would rather just dismiss you than listen to your problem and find a way to fix it.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Rude doctor who only half-listens to your problems; rarely does an examination to see if you are right about the problem - there have been many times I thought I had something because of symptoms but I didn't, it turned out I had something else, and I figured this out after being prescribed a medication after telling him what I was feeling (and he would not do any examination). I would end up either going back or going to the Walk-in Clinic on Blackmarsh Road and bringing the bottle with me; on the walk-in clinic on Blackmarsh Road the doctors examine me and told me that what he prescribed was not for the infection I had. This doctor has done this to me more than once; I stopped seeing him a while ago and now have a new doctor and if my doctor retires I won't go back to Dr. Seviour, since Dr. Seviour doesn't really care about most of his patients, and the patients he does care about, are lucky.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

By far the best doctor I`ve seen. Takes care of my whole family, and doing a great job.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Dr. Seviour seems to care more about the money than his patients - I have had appointments with him that I would be called in, I would only be in the room for four minutes and would be out again - each time without any examination - I guess he can determine how sick you are without doing anything. I went to him for a UTI and was prescribed an antibiotic that didn't work; he didn't even do a urine sample or ask me what symptoms I had!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I'm so glad I found a new doctor. I had been seeing Dr. Seviour for years and finally got fed up. Always had to wait 20 to 40 minutes after my appointment time to get in & when I got in he never followed up on anything and would ask what medications I'm on instead of looking in my chart... He was the one to prescribe them to me. He was always in a rush and couldn't take 2 seconds to listen to my problems, often trying to shove me out the door before I was finished. Finally left when I described some symptoms and without doing any blood work he suggested I had low iron and that I should take an over the counter iron supplement (didn't say anything about dosage so I started at 35mg). I switched doctors and actually had some blood work done and it turns out I only have 2/3 of the iron should & am now on 300mg of iron daily. He doesn't do necessary testing and doesn't seem to care about his patients. Would not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

The last time I saw Dr. Seviour was in 2014 and I have not been back to him since. He referred me to a psychiatrist that I had seen before and was not interested in treating me (I have anxiety issues). I told him this but he referred me anyway. The next time I saw him, he told me he would no longer treat me because I refused to see this psychiatrist. I had explained why I would not see the psychiatrist he was going to refer me to when he made the referral and asked to be referred to anyone else; I didn't care if I had to wait a year but he referred me anyway; ironically, when I got the letter in the mail saying I have an appointment with the psychiatrist I was refusing to see it was literally for the next year, almost the exact same date I received the letter! I walked out on him and said that if he truly cared about me he would have listened to me instead of dismissing me then discharging me from his practice. I have since found another physician who does listen to me and has referred me to (and I am seeing) a psychiatrist who treats me like a human being - the psychiatrist I had an issue with would not treat me like a human being; when I explained to the psychiatrist that Dr. Seviour wanted me to go back to that I had a brain injury, the psychiatrist told me to stop speaking and would only see me if someone else was there with me - apparently if I have a brain injury I am too "retarded" to see a medical professional on my own (the psychiatrist I originally saw told me this).

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017