Ratings for Dr. Deborah O'Keefe

Very mean and condescending. Angry doctor. Treats patients very badly !!!! Staff nice but not the doctor!!!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Strait to point and very knowledgeable. Got my diagnose dead on while other spent lots of test for unconclusive result... If you leave your ego at door, this is the best in town....

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

She is rude and obnoxious, she dismissed me when I wanted to ask questions about my mom. She advised me that she would come back to me to discuss my mom's condition and never came back. I had to ask an Emergency Nurse to see what was happening with my mom and she was kind, sincere and answered my question. Dr. O'Keefe should take some lessons from the Emergency Nurses at the Hospital.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

I am a medical professional and was very impressed by Dr. O'Keefe. She was friendly, thorough and explained everything clearly. She was direct in pointing out a few things to me but she did so in a friendly way so as not to offend. I came out of the appointment feeling very well cared for by a busy yet compassionate professional. Thank you Dr. O'Keefe.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I have seen dr. O'keefe for about 10 years but yesterday I had to separate our ways. I am not a doctor but I work in Healthcare. And I I'd ever treat a patient the way she treated me yesterday, I would certainly loose my licence. It is strange that she does not believe in any diseases that she treats...Maybe it is all in my head? She does not believe in people affected by the diseases she treats, she does not believe in her patients becoming unable to work...Her treatments mainly consist in pain medication and recomandation for gentle to vigurous yoga. However from time to time she was kind enough to treat my excruciating painfully finger joints with steroid injections. In Ottawa a physician who is trained in delicate joints such as finger joints is very rare, Ibeven wonder if drO'keefe ia aware of this situation...She is very good at it but definitely is too busy to do it...and she will NOT organize workshops with the sport medicine doctors, family physicians , etc to teach them how to safely do these simple procedures. The way she treated me a few times when i needed a steroid steroid shot I cannot even describe...Anyways, I do not know what happens in her professional life and even if I have a few reccomamdations for her I will abstain from doing this or insult her. However I will tell you that In retrospect of her care for me I feel used and abused and I cannot believe that she could say the things she said to me yesterday. She has zero stars from me, and I want to assure you that I am one of the kindest, most enduring, stoic patient On this site you cannot have zero stars , so that I will put one star only, but ...sorry...you do not deserve it! Bye and all the best!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Oh my, what a nightmare she turned out to be ......The months leading up to my appointment were mixed with unbelievable shoulder /neck pain and full body wide chronic pain and the hopefulness that i was going to see someone who could help me with pain management. Instead i was greeted with what i can only describe as surliness . She began by informing me that she absolutely DID NOT believe in fibromyalgia and if that was why i was there i was wasting her time. Needless to say this set the tone for the rest of the appt. . She spent the next 20 minutes belittling me about my weight and the size of my breasts. She told me i should have them removed not once but 5 times. I am happy with my D cup by the way. When she finally decided to examine me she used the pointy tip of her pen to try to force me to lift my arm higher than i was able to lift it by poking it into my flesh from below . She said i was going to have injections into the shoulder joint without even asking me or telling what was wrong . When i made the mistake of asking her about why i needed them she started yelling at me like i was a 6 year old (i also knew everyone in the waiting room could hear her humiliating me) and told me if i didnt want her help to get out that there were lots of others to take my place. Shame on her. I finally relented after being bullied into the injections which by the way DID NOT help .Subsequent MRI showed a full thickness tear in the rotor cuff that needed surgery to repair. My family Dr. was mortified at her behavior and admitted that i was not the first horror story she had heard about Dr. Okeefe . Shame on you Deborah Okeefe (i refuse to call you Dr.) for not living up to the oath you took to help people. Did you have your fingers crossed when you said it or do you just not care. I left there in tears that day , not from the injections but from your stinging treatment . I wish i had known about this site before I allowed her to waste my time. I would have thought twice...if you have an appt. read all the reviews and then decide.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

MUST READ THIS BEFORE YOU SEE THIS DOCTOR... Dr. Okeefe is heartless and rude. (We cannot be reached via regular phone line) So Dr. Okeefe's secretary contacted my son who then emailed me. I always provide my son's cell phone number to physicians. When I called her office in February to confirm my appointment with Donna as we live 3 hours away from Dr. Okeefe's office, Donna told me my appointment is on May 26th at 1:00 pm. Donna was also rude when I called. On May 25th, a Monday, I called the Riverside Hospital to confirm my May 26th appointment and was told by the switchboard that it was in fact on May 26th at 1:00 pm. My husband drove as I was in too much pain to drive. When we arrived, the reception told us it was on May 27th at 1:00 pm, I argued that I called yesterday to confirm and when the receptionists mentioned this to Dr. Okeefe, the doctor's response as I stood there, she yelled at these poor ladies "I don't care" I am already behind with my patients and then slammed her door on them and me. I asked the receptionists if they told her we drove 3 hours to get here, and they said yes. We left obviously disgusted with Dr. Okeefe and I immediately called the Riverside Hospital to complain about this as it was fresh in my mind. The hospital said they would investigate this and finally a couple of weeks later, I was told that Dr. Okeefe would send a letter of apology which I received, but when I asked for a reimbursement for the amount we had to pay in gas for a 6 hour journey, I was refused. Further, Dr. Okeefe stated to the hospital board that she would fax a referral for me, I have yet to receive any referral and it is almost August. Today July 22nd, 2015, I contacted the Hospital again to find out where my referral appointment was by Dr. Okeefe? No response yet. I also asked the Hospital if I could see Dr. Okeefe as she could squeeze me in which would be the least she could do...I received an email today stating that Dr. Okeefe refused to see me. Don't waste your time seeing this doctor. . . and whatever happened to her Hippocratic oath? Plus, I waited almost a year to see her and now it will likely be longer. All Dr. Okeefe needs to do to make this right is to squeeze me in. Granted, it's not my first choice as I would rather see someone else, however my pain outweighs my opinion of this doctor. A week later, I decided to call back the switchboard to verify this date and time and low and behold I was told that I now had two appointments, one on May 26th at 2:18 pm (you read right) and the other on the 27th at 1:00 pm. It seems that someone modified the dates to prove me wrong. However, would I not question a ridiculous time of 2:18 pm on the 26th when I called to confirm on the 25th if that was the time originally given to me? We always confirm our appointments to avoid this type of nightmare. Dr. Okeefe should be ashamed of herself on various counts. The three ladies at the reception area at the Riverside were wonderful and I give them five stars, Donna zero stars if zero were available. However the rating for staff on this site is derived and projected to Donna and NOT to the 3 wonderful women who felt so bad for us and who tried so hard to make Dr. Okeefe understand the stress / exhaustion / and pain we were forced to endure because of Dr. Okeefe and Donna. Without prejudice.

Submitted July 22, 2015

All of you are so lucky to even be seen by her. Dr.Okeefe saw me once and that was just for an appt to assess me and schedule an MRI. After I did the MRI my pain specialist told me to make a follow up appt to discuss my results. Well I called and called left messages never returned her office wS closed for an entire summer and when I finally got threw to a person not a machine I was told Dr.O doesn't do follow ups now what doctor in their right mind doesn't do follow ups isn't that the hole point on taking on new people.. Even my pain specialist triedcontacting her amd nothing not even so mucj as a call back. So in my opinion I would find someone else do not go see Dr O'Keefe its a waist of your time.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Genuine caring doctor, who took the time to do a full assessment and listen to my issues. I am so glad I was referred to her, my meeting with her was life changing and I hope I can follow her excellent advice.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

She is direct and expects the patient to be an active partipant in their own care. I see some people who rated her are suck holes so this is not the doc for them. I always take her advice and am grateful she is my doctor. She listens and runs tests to make sure I'm doing well. I respect her. Her staff is wonderful and I was sad to see Caroline retire. I'm a professional and she has never been condescending to me. She's is awesome and VERY direct. She has patients who fly in from down East twice a year to see her. That says a lot.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012