Dr. Deborah O'Keefe

5 1 4.0

You may also like

Rate Dr. Deborah O'Keefe

Dr. Deborah O'Keefe's Ratings

MUST READ THIS BEFORE YOU SEE THIS DOCTOR...
Dr. Okeefe is heartless and rude. (We cannot be reached via regular phone line) So Dr. Okeefe's secretary contacted my son who then emailed me. I always provide my son's cell phone number to physicians. When I called her office in February to confirm my appointment with Donna as we live 3 hours away from Dr. Okeefe's office, Donna told me my appointment is on May 26th at 1:00 pm. Donna was also rude when I called. On May 25th, a Monday, I called the Riverside Hospital to confirm my May 26th appointment and was told by the switchboard that it was in fact on May 26th at 1:00 pm. My husband drove as I was in too much pain to drive. When we arrived, the reception told us it was on May 27th at 1:00 pm, I argued that I called yesterday to confirm and when the receptionists mentioned this to Dr. Okeefe, the doctor's response as I stood there, she yelled at these poor ladies "I don't care" I am already behind with my patients and then slammed her door on them and me. I asked the receptionists if they told her we drove 3 hours to get here, and they said yes. We left obviously disgusted with Dr. Okeefe and I immediately called the Riverside Hospital to complain about this as it was fresh in my mind. The hospital said they would investigate this and finally a couple of weeks later, I was told that Dr. Okeefe would send a letter of apology which I received, but when I asked for a reimbursement for the amount we had to pay in gas for a 6 hour journey, I was refused. Further, Dr. Okeefe stated to the hospital board that she would fax a referral for me, I have yet to receive any referral and it is almost August. Today July 22nd, 2015, I contacted the Hospital again to find out where my referral appointment was by Dr. Okeefe? No response yet. I also asked the Hospital if I could see Dr. Okeefe as she could squeeze me in which would be the least she could do...I received an email today stating that Dr. Okeefe refused to see me. Don't waste your time seeing this doctor. . . and whatever happened to her Hippocratic oath? Plus, I waited almost a year to see her and now it will likely be longer. All Dr. Okeefe needs to do to make this right is to squeeze me in. Granted, it's not my first choice as I would rather see someone else, however my pain outweighs my opinion of this doctor. A week later, I decided to call back the switchboard to verify this date and time and low and behold I was told that I now had two appointments, one on May 26th at 2:18 pm (you read right) and the other on the 27th at 1:00 pm. It seems that someone modified the dates to prove me wrong. However, would I not question a ridiculous time of 2:18 pm on the 26th when I called to confirm on the 25th if that was the time originally given to me? We always confirm our appointments to avoid this type of nightmare. Dr. Okeefe should be ashamed of herself on various counts. The three ladies at the reception area at the Riverside were wonderful and I give them five stars, Donna zero stars if zero were available. However the rating for staff on this site is derived and projected to Donna and NOT to the 3 wonderful women who felt so bad for us and who tried so hard to make Dr. Okeefe understand the stress / exhaustion / and pain we were forced to endure because of Dr. Okeefe and Donna. Without prejudice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2873495].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 22, 2015

All of you are so lucky to even be seen by her. Dr.Okeefe saw me once and that was just for an appt to assess me and schedule an MRI. After I did the MRI my pain specialist told me to make a follow up appt to discuss my results. Well I called and called left messages never returned her office wS closed for an entire summer and when I finally got threw to a person not a machine I was told Dr.O doesn't do follow ups now what doctor in their right mind doesn't do follow ups isn't that the hole point on taking on new people.. Even my pain specialist triedcontacting her amd nothing not even so mucj as a call back. So in my opinion I would find someone else do not go see Dr O'Keefe its a waist of your time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2842004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Genuine caring doctor, who took the time to do a full assessment and listen to my issues. I am so glad I was referred to her, my meeting with her was life changing and I hope I can follow her excellent advice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2840794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

She is direct and expects the patient to be an active partipant in their own care. I see some people who rated her are suck holes so this is not the doc for them. I always take her advice and am grateful she is my doctor. She listens and runs tests to make sure I'm doing well. I respect her. Her staff is wonderful and I was sad to see Caroline retire. I'm a professional and she has never been condescending to me. She's is awesome and VERY direct. She has patients who fly in from down East twice a year to see her. That says a lot.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1291885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2012

A wonderful caring and very thorough Doctor. She tells it like it is in a compassionate way. She did not rush and from interaction I witnessed with other patients, she takes an interest in their emotional well being as well as their physical well being. She is a gem in the medical system.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1291884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr. O's for over 15 years. From diagnosis to care, she has been not only an amazing Dr. but a compationate friend (telling me to call her ANY time if things didn't feel right). Thanks Dr. O for being such a great Dr.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1291883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2012

Very smart doctor, extremely good at communicating with family doctor, can be fast and short but she is very busy.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1291882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Okeefe's for quite a few years. She is very knowledgeable and my condition has certainly improved. However, I would recommend getting an early in the day appointment as the last few times I went after lunch, I found her to be testy and impatient and yes...rude.Maybe she just gets tired of the same old, same old.But for someone who suffers from RA, pain is scary and demoralising.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1291881].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Okeefe for 6 years and I have found her extremely knowledgeable and she doesn't rush through your exam. She leaves no stone unturned. While she is very business-like it doesn't mean she doesn't care. I didn't want a doctor to hold my hand but to help me through my disease. She has done this in spades and I applaud her. Don't understand negative comments by others.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1291880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Always very rushed....too many appointments in one day. Quick answers, not a lot of time to think/ask further. Very thorough with tests/ blood work/ booking exams (x-rays, scans etc).

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1291879].votes_count ]]