Ratings for Dr. Iqbal Ahmed

My wife has been under Dr. Ahmed's care over the last five years following her initial symptoms of IPF. As she is now in the late stages I find comfort in the fact Dr. Ahmed is genuinely interested in her comfort and the concerns I bring forward involving her care. In our last hospital visit Dr. Ahmed initiated and monitored a transition to the Palliative Unit where assistance was provided to bring her home where she will be most comfortable. I thank Dr. Ahmed for the on going compassion and assistance in making this terrible disease as tolerable as it may allow.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

In my long medical journey Dr Ahmed was a partner ,ushering me with gentleness & patience,,spending time to answer all my questions with no rush.He is a brilliant Doctor ,and with his knowledge we found the best outcome.i am truly grateful for him.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

I have suffered from asthma my whole life and was diagnosed with COPD. Dr. Ahmed was able to finally get my asthma under control as well as my COPD. I usually have at least one bout of bronchitis or pneumonia per year, but due to the medications Dr. Ahmed has me on, I seem to be under control and managing my breathing much better

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

My husband was his patient for almost 7years . He was suffering from cyclic fibrosis . He didn't do anything for him . My husband passed away last week in Vancouver general hospital and I am so upset . When I asked Dr.Ahmed about lung transplant for my husband which was the only treatment he look at me and said lung transplant is expensive . I just want to know my husband live wasn't expensive to you ? Honestly what did you do for him . Absolutely nothing ! Just giving him every 3 months breathing test . What a shame !!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Not helpful at all. Came to Dr. Ahmed about my breathing problems and chronic fatigue and he was no help. He did not ask many questions and seemed distracted. Highly don't recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

I suffer a chronic cough for years which leave me breathless & at times to the verge of vomiting. I have been to several doctors who were unable to diagnose the cause. I was subsequently referred to Dr. Ahmed who was able to diagnose the cause to me having emphysema. Presently I am being treated under his care & I find Dr Ahmed a very professional & highly competent specialist who demonstrated utmost care & concern to the extent of telling me to call his cell anytime in the event of any issues or complications from the medication I am on. I find his receptionist Kin also extremely helpful in scheduling my lab requisitions, appointments & inquiries. Keep up the excellent work & a big thank-you!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I saw Dr Ahmed last year with breathing difficulties. When I first met him, he was a nice polite man but I had the feeling like he was hearing me talk but not listening to me. I went back to see him a while ago as my problems worsened , he was rude told me he didn't want to hear about my surgery that I had just had, which was relevant in my situation and cut me off several time and I left in tears of frustration and despair. I will never go back to him. Just because he's a specialist doesn't mean he is good. I'm 52 years old and I will look for someone else.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I found him very pleasant. He explained my situation to a tea.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. Amhed was not helpful at all. In fact one of the most negative interactions I have experienced with a physician. Instead of being kind and compassionate this physician told me role is to take care of my husband and not to ask any medically related questions, although I am his primary caregiver. It was noted that he did not even make eye contact with me when I was trying to ask questions. He appears to be very arrogant, condescending and has no bed side manner. I am so thankful he was not the regular attending physician during my husband's hospitalization.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

Recently my mother aged 76 was admitted to hospital under the care of Dr. Ahmed she had previously been admitted to hospital under his care and has been under his care for apprx. 2 years and in those two years my mum has never been so well taken care of medically. He has an awesome bedside manner and a great way of dealing with the families of his patients. I am so glad that we found him i really think he has added years to my mums life !!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013