Ratings for Dr. Iqbal Ahmed

Over the years I had worked with doctors in the helping profession. I have also seen a few doctors including specialists some of their receptionists have less than favourable reviews but not Dr. Ahmed's. And when I saw him for the first time I found him to be even more pleasant than his receptionist. He is easy to talk to hence making you feel comfortable to talk to him. He would listen and he is knowledgeable and at the same time he does not make you feel like when he speaks you must listen. To sum up he is supportive ,reassuring and easy to get along. He is a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Dr Ahmed brought my mother back from a very serious lung condition (ISD). Her recovery has been remarkable. Dr Ahmed has a wonderful, calm demeanour and is exceptionally knowledgable. He has cared for my Mother with first class treatment and follow-up.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

My wife has been under Dr. Ahmed's care over the last five years following her initial symptoms of IPF. As she is now in the late stages I find comfort in the fact Dr. Ahmed is genuinely interested in her comfort and the concerns I bring forward involving her care. In our last hospital visit Dr. Ahmed initiated and monitored a transition to the Palliative Unit where assistance was provided to bring her home where she will be most comfortable. I thank Dr. Ahmed for the on going compassion and assistance in making this terrible disease as tolerable as it may allow.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

In my long medical journey Dr Ahmed was a partner ,ushering me with gentleness & patience,,spending time to answer all my questions with no rush.He is a brilliant Doctor ,and with his knowledge we found the best outcome.i am truly grateful for him.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

I have suffered from asthma my whole life and was diagnosed with COPD. Dr. Ahmed was able to finally get my asthma under control as well as my COPD. I usually have at least one bout of bronchitis or pneumonia per year, but due to the medications Dr. Ahmed has me on, I seem to be under control and managing my breathing much better

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

My husband was his patient for almost 7years . He was suffering from cyclic fibrosis . He didn't do anything for him . My husband passed away last week in Vancouver general hospital and I am so upset . When I asked Dr.Ahmed about lung transplant for my husband which was the only treatment he look at me and said lung transplant is expensive . I just want to know my husband live wasn't expensive to you ? Honestly what did you do for him . Absolutely nothing ! Just giving him every 3 months breathing test . What a shame !!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Not helpful at all. Came to Dr. Ahmed about my breathing problems and chronic fatigue and he was no help. He did not ask many questions and seemed distracted. Highly don't recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

I suffer a chronic cough for years which leave me breathless & at times to the verge of vomiting. I have been to several doctors who were unable to diagnose the cause. I was subsequently referred to Dr. Ahmed who was able to diagnose the cause to me having emphysema. Presently I am being treated under his care & I find Dr Ahmed a very professional & highly competent specialist who demonstrated utmost care & concern to the extent of telling me to call his cell anytime in the event of any issues or complications from the medication I am on. I find his receptionist Kin also extremely helpful in scheduling my lab requisitions, appointments & inquiries. Keep up the excellent work & a big thank-you!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I saw Dr Ahmed last year with breathing difficulties. When I first met him, he was a nice polite man but I had the feeling like he was hearing me talk but not listening to me. I went back to see him a while ago as my problems worsened , he was rude told me he didn't want to hear about my surgery that I had just had, which was relevant in my situation and cut me off several time and I left in tears of frustration and despair. I will never go back to him. Just because he's a specialist doesn't mean he is good. I'm 52 years old and I will look for someone else.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I found him very pleasant. He explained my situation to a tea.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014