Ratings for Dr. Parvesh Anand

Dr. Anand did a endiscopy on me 2 times, found nothing. Another Dr. did it once and found the problem the first time. Did a simple bladder lift, totally messed it up, still having problems years later. Wouldn't recommend him to human or otherwise.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

This doctor is aweful.Being my parents saw him.he did surgery on my dad back in 1999 turned out aweful on bowel cancer.what turned out to b a 3 inch cut turned out to be a 3 feet cut. he dunno what he is doing. my dad still had lots of probs using the bathroom.my dad passed away 4 yrs later.:( For my mom he wanted to take out her Gullbladder.turned out to be kidny infection.:(DO NOT HAVE SURGERY WITH THIS DOCTOR.travel to outside of town like Owen sound, Stratford.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2011

When I was about 14 years old, Dr. Anand performed an appendectomy on me. The experience was horrific for a girl of that age, and he did very little to comfort me. I felt extremely anxious and uncomfortable around him, and he had no consideration for my privacy. In addition, the surgery went poorly, and I ended up staying in the hospital for a week with very severe pain (the same degree of pain as before surgery). Even after I went home I had pain in my abdomen during urination for several months, and even now more than 10 years later I still sometimes get abdominal pain where the surgery occurred. I would never recommend this surgeon to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

A perfect gentlemen very qualified surgeon explained everything and most of all saved my life from cancer im glad he was my surgeon

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

I would NOT recommend Dr. Anand to anyone. My mother had a routine colonsopy done by him March 2011 and he "nicked" her bowel and she had MAJOR complications and had to have part of her bowel removed. We have since learned that he did the same procedure to another woman the very same day and also "nicked" her bowel. I wouldn't wish this on anyone as the recovery is extremely brutal. If you have any surgeries scheduled with this doctor I would seriously think twice.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Quiet, gentle manner and approach. Did laparoscopic cholecystectomy (removed my gall bladder) in January 2002. I was pounding nails and working (lightly) 2 days later. Never had a problem since. He also performed 3 colonoscopies on me between 1996 to 2002. No problems with any procedure. My only issue with Dr. Anand, is that he's not a big talker, and it's a bit hard sometimes to get a few details in his answers to your questions. He tends to be vague, but reassuring, nonetheless. I trust him to do a good job on me.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

I have known Dr. Anand as a professional colleague for many years. He is a technically skilled surgeon and one of the most kind compassionate physicians around.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2010

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR - he diagnosed me with a DOUBLE HERNIA, and had booked me for surgery - turns out it was just a pulled stomach muscle!!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

When I suffered an acute gallbladder attack in March 2002, I was offered a choice of surgeons in Goderich. I didn't know either of them, so I chose Dr. Anand just because his wife, Dr. Lal, is my GP. It was a matter of 4 weeks between the initial attack and my laparoscopic surgery, which I've since heard is a very respectable turnaround time. Dr. Anand's manner during my intake appointments was calm, reassuring and decisive. The surgery went smoothly, and I went home the same day. I recovered quickly, with no complications. Today, 6 years later, I have minimal scarring and no digestive/intestinal problems at all. I'm sad to see that there have been malpractice suits against Dr. Anand, which is why I'm happy to demonstrate that there are at least two sides to every story. If I required surgery again, I might hesitate to choose Dr. Anand on the basis of those lawsuits, but I would definitely be disposed to give him the benefit of the doubt.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

My husband still has pain from a vasectomy he had 10 years ago-as a result of an cauterization problem.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2007