Ratings for Dr. H. Steven Silver

I agree with with Loving Dr Silver, but his staff oh my goodness. They are rude and I work with a gril who goes to him also and she said the samething. I have never called over and had the receptionist be nice. She could at least act like she cares. The nurse does call me back quickley, but please consider people's feelings.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

This review is NOT to reflect on Dr. Silver, but rather his staff. The doctor (as little time as I have spent with him) is excellent. His staff, however, leaves a lot to be desired. How about a decent time to return calls, or a congenial attitude on the phone rather than being glib and rude. Have they no compassion for patients with concerns and questions? Someone in authority should take note of these negative reviews regarding Dr. Silver's staff.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I have been a patient for over 20 years and so has my mom and dad and he is by far the best gastro doctor in the business...he has found things in procedures that other doctors never check he turns his scope on as soon as he enters the mouth for an upper GI this is how he found a place on the base of my tongue..he is very knowledgeable and if he doesn't know what your problem is he will search until he finds out what is causing it...I have not had any problems with staff but it may just be I went on a good day ..you do have to wait sometimes but he takes his time with all his patients and that makes the waiting worth it...he came to the hospital after my gall bladder surgery and sat in my room answering questions for me and my husband he is very caring I love dr silver I wish all doctors were like him

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Dr. Sliver is a great doctor!!!!! However his staff is terrible!!!!! Especially the staff member that is at the front desk. I believe her name is Bonnie. She is rude, unprofessional and has a terrible attitude. We have had issues with making office appt. in advance , then when we arrive at the office we are told there is no appt. for us, also an issue with arriving at office, no one at front desk to check you in, no check in sheet ,finally when some one does appear at front desk you are told you don't need to sign in but then after waiting for over an hour and half, told you were marked a no show because you didn't check in and would have to reschedule. Even talked about this last issue to Leslie the office manger. The best excuse she could offer for this incompetent behavior was that it was up to the patient to make sure they checked in even though that was no staff member, no sign sheet at the front desk and even when staff member said not to sign in. Its now clear where the staff members get the attitude they have, from the management.Apparently, from the reviews I have read this is a common issue in this office. I don't understand why Dr. Sliver allows his patients to be treated in such a rude, disrespectful and incompetent manner. As great as Dr. Silver is, this behavior from his staff is very disappointing and certainly makes you consider changing doctors.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

He is a great doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Dr. Silver is the absolute BEST!! Yes there is a wait time but isn't it well worth it when ones health and safety? So he is to just needs to stop caring for the previous patient and move on to the next patient? That says volumes....he's great at what he does and more caring than any GI physician Ive seen. Yes there could be more staff courtesy although I have communicated this as well but I would never trust anyone else. If there's a problem HE WILL DO all in his power to help and he WILL figure it out. He takes care of me, my family, friends and my husbands family. Its very easy to cast stones when one fully does not understand the complexity of the practice. When presenting for my appointment, no there is not many staff members present and it doesn't excuse any rudeness. Ive experienced they go out of their way to do pre-certs but they also care for thousands of patients and see numerous patients a day which may take them time to return a call. When you see the BEST in town unfortunately things are not always smooth but this can be conveyed at the next appointment.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

This negative rating is based on poor experiences with the staff. At the start one staff member had a negative response to me which I overlooked because perhaps she was having a bad day. I was very satisfied with the doctor and procedure. He was very caring and thorough. But later when I called the office for help to resolve an issue, I had to leave a message on an answering machine. In the message I left I said the matter was urgent but the staff member did not call back for two days. I followed the directions I was given but after awhile matters got worse. The last time I called I was again asked to leave a message and no one called back that day. I called again the next day and the staff member did not listen to what I was saying and was condescending and rude. When I tried to explain my issue better basically I was told it was not their problem and there was nothing they could do to help me. She did not ask the doctor or someone else in the office what a solution might be. I will not go back to this doctor again because of the very bad experiences with the staff.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I am a former patient of Dr. Silver. I had issues with his staff on numerous occasions. The secretary is very rude and sounds brash at times. His nurse seems as if she doesn't really want to be there and is just getting through the day as fast as she can. I left a message for Dr. Silver but I am certain he never got it because I never got a call back. If you want an appointment with the Dr. make sure you have your day cleared because you will be waiting for a while, he's always running behind. If you have a hard to diagnose case I suggest you not go to him because he can't help you.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. Silver is a good doctor. My only set back is with the office help. I have never been so disrespected in all my life. They are just as rude in person as they are on the phone. If Dr. Silver wasn't such a good doctor he wouldn't have any patients with the staff he has. How could he not know how his patients are being treated. Very sad and unacceptable.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I showed up for my first appointment with Dr. Silver as a new patient. Finally, after waiting for an hour and a half, I asked the receptionist when I would be able to see Dr. Silver. She stated that she and the nurse did not know where he was and had not heard from him. When I asked her if this was unusual, she said "no, it happens sometimes."

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr. H. Steven Silver's Credentials

• Univ Of Tn, Memphis, Coll Of Med, Memphis Tn 38163 (Grad. 1975)

Guardian