Ratings for Dr. John Murnaghan

Overall, great surgeon, horrible staff. Be ready to self advocate. Over and over and over again. I went to Dr Murnaghan for a revision of my amputation and he was very friendly, helpful, and the surgery itself went quite smoothly, but that's the end of anything positive I have to say. Communication with his staff leading up to the surgery and afterwards was appalling to say the least. Finding out the date of my surgery proved incredibly difficult; staff never returned calls and became annoyed when I would call again; changed the date with zero acknowledgment that it might be inconvenient at all. Post surgery while still in hospital, I was told repeatedly that Dr Murnaghan would come by to see how it went; he never came. Discharge instructions were "follow-up in 2 weeks." That was it. I was informed that his office would contact me. 2 weeks later, time for the follow-up appointment but no contact came. It took 5 or 6 calls, being referred from one office to another office to another, before I could finally get in to see him. Next follow-up to have stitches out they actually did contact me, but I wasn't given any information about physio or rehab or given any support at all. Happy with the surgery itself. Extremely disappointed with everything surrounding it.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Dr. Murnaghan has performed a total right hip replacement in July 2016. I had my left hip replaced 3 years ago - not by Dr. Murnaghan so I have a reference point. Prior to the operation, beside the pain my legs were not of even length. I am writing this review 13 days following my THR operation. To sum things up factually: - The staff were super efficient and well trained - I was on a "fast track" and therefore released after 48 hours. - I was almost pain free after 72 hours and took only Celebrex (100mg) and occasionally Tylenol 500mg. - After one week I was walking with one cane only and believe in 7-14 days it will no longer be needed. - There was minimal swelling and bruising - The incision is very clean with no bleeding or scarring. - My legs seem to be of even length following the surgery. Don't expect much idle talk from Dr. Murnaghan. He has a direct and dry humour, which suits me just fine. As far as I am concerned he is an amazing surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Knee scopes, knee replaced and new hip all with Dr. Murnaghan. He is the an outstanding surgeon and our family are thankful for the medical and personal support he provides. Best! Best Surgeon! He keeps us going.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Very good Doctor! Very knowledgeable re different prosthesis and best uses, never waited more than 15 minutes, his nurse could not be more pleasant. All in all an excellent experience albeit 10 years ago, but am about to call again to have a second hip replaced Catherine Blott

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. Murnaghan did not perform any surgery on me, so I can't rate his surgical knowledge and skills. However, contrary to all the other positive evaluations on his manners, he had a quite negative attitude and bold manners towards me and gave me a dim prognosis which left me very desperate and hopeless. It turned out he was wrong. I healed much better than he "prophesized". He should stick to his diagnosis as a scientist and not crush patients with negative prognosis.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

I had a hip replacement and the surgery went very well. I’m grateful for all his kindness, professionalism, expertise and good humor. His entire team is dedicated to help in and make each patient feel important. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr Murnahan has done two ligament surgeries on my son. Highly highly recommend him

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Did a hip replacement one year ago - minimal scar, and completely successful - I would go back to him, if I need further hip surgery at some time.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. J. Murnaghan operated on my knee. Joking around I asked him to mark the leg he was to operate on and he did. Love him the operation was a complete success! He is a wonderful, fun, well mannered doctor. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

wonderful wonderful doctor i am only 49 but due to a car accident had to have my knee replaced and i wouldnt trust anyone other than this wonderful doc and will go back if and when i have to get the other one done

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012