Ratings for Dr. Joseph Wen

Dr. Wen is the best doctor I have met, and I have met A LOT. My father had frequent gallbladder infections due to gallstones after stomach removal surgery. Various GI doctors at the hospital recommended removal. But my father's case was complicated due to previous surgery with complications, scar tissue and recent cancer diagnosis. In fear of another botched surgery, we seeked help from Dr. Wei Princess Margret hospital who decided to passively monitor when my father had frequent gallstone infections that lead to sepsis. In my opinion Dr. Wei just doesn't want to deal with his case and wants no responsibilities. I find that very very disappointing. We came to Dr. Wen upon GI's recommendation, and Dr. Wen didn't hesitate in scheduling the surgery! Because the longer you wait, the more dangerous it is (sepsis) and it makes the surgery harder as well. Dr. Wen was truly acting on patient's best interest. I am a health care professional as well, I know my father is a complicated case. To be honest no one would want to do a complicated case for the small amount of money. I respect Dr. Wen very much for his professionalism, his genuine care and the fact that he is very meticulous about his work. My father's surgery went well and he had 0 complications. We cannot be more thankful for Dr. Wen! I wish I could say the same about my father's previous surgeon, or many others that we've seen before... They may have great bedside manners, but they simply do not care as much as Dr. Wen did.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

The worst doctor i have experienced in my life. he sent me to surgery room in first visit, he did not sent and wrote more test, he done the surgery for his own benefit, he is very unkind and cruel doctor to me, even i have bad experience of his team, i am in shock and trauma after the surgery, i never suggest this doctor for language barrier people.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

My mom Mrs. Camila has colon cancer on two different places. Both surgeries were performed perfectly. Dr. Wen was professional, diligent and to perform surgery twice, one in March second in September 2017 on 85 years old without any complication I call that a miracle. Also he took great care of my mother, and she simply calls him "her angel". I whish we have more doctors like him. Thank you Dr. Wen from the bottom of my heart. Jasminka

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Great doctor and surgeon, had my gallbladder removed and he did a great job, very compassionate and has a great bedside manner

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Dr. Wen has a wonderful bedside manner. His surgical expertise is second to none. My brother in law was so lucky to be referred to him! He is an excellent surgeon and went beyond the call of duty to inform us at all stages of his recovery.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

I was referred to this doctor for consultation. Wasn't much consultation. He told me my issue was not Important enough to use his limited surgery time. He also told me I was too overweight for him to help me at all. In discussion about this issue he told me exercise would be a waste of time and that I would not lose any weight by exercising. I am a physical education university graduate so of course I know the benefits of exercise. Of course I also know I should lose weight. He seemed totally disinterested in anything I had to say and almost seemed to want to argue at one point. His disinterest turned to mild aggression. When I asked him how much weight I would need to lose he couldn't answer that. At this point I had no interest in having his services at all and told him so. He could not have cared less. I highly suggest this is not the doctor you want looking after you or your loved one. I can lose weight. He will always be a creep.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Wen for consultation. He did not even sit down to talk to me. He did not offer me a chance to ask questions. I did not like his approach. And that is why I went to get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

We were referred to Dr. Wen for gallbladder, liver and bile duct cancer for my mom. Half the battle of aggressive cancers is to ensure your will power is intact, and your are strong enough to get through anything, You want to know that your doctor cares and values your life and is interested in helping you. He is the most disengaged uninterested doctor with the worst bedside manners I have ever come across. He gave us a poor prognosis and no treatment options. Worse his delivery of the news was like he was giving a classroom lecture, saying words like no we can't do this or she will die, how about that would pose a high risk or something remotely professional. We got a 2nd opinion and the treatment options were absolutely available, we found a doctor who was interested in helping you survive and give it his best shot. His opinion that no treatment was available was not true, what he should have said was I do not have the skills to do this, not that it can't be done. Unless you are getting something super uncomplicated, don't go to him, his reviews should've warned us, his reviews of hia lack of interest and poor bedside manners are bang on, stay away, he is not the Bluff you want to call.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I had Dr. Wen on Friday, May 5, 2017 at 8:00am for a surgery to remove heamengioma from my liver. Walking into the procedure, I was terrified in doing this surgery as it was my first time doing any type of surgery of this magnitude. However, Dr. Wen team was excellent, they showed their compassion, love and generousity. Dr. Ford was part of team, she was a bit firm, but understanding, she explained the proceedures pros and cons. I was mainly focusing on the cons, however; the rest of the team lured me towards the positive. Dr. Wen said you going have successful surgery, I will take good care of you, you are in good hands. Those words reaasured me and the surgery went well. The next morning after the surgery, I saw Dr. Wen who told me that the surgery went well and I could go home and come and see him in 2 weeks time to remove the staples. I was looking for more detail information about the surgery but I guess he was busy as he came in early that morning. Overall, my experience going into the surgery was a good one and I thank Dr. Wen and his team for making it a successful surgery. Dr. Wen, Dr. Ford and the rest of the team keep up the good work. God bless you all, thanks Nichola

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Was in to see Dr. Wen for his opinion on a growth on my head, once he explained what it was and asked whether or not I wanted to have it removed so I explained to him there was no use if it was going to keep coming back. At this point I wanted him to tell me in his medical opinion what I should do to keep it clean and to explain why I was having so much pain. He seem to be in a rush once I said no surgery he just rushed out of the room and didn't even let me say or ask anything more. In my opinion he needs to get a better bedside manner because he is very lacking, will never see him again and don't recomend him to anyone else.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017