Ratings for Dr. Joseph Wen

My mom Mrs. Camila has colon cancer on two different places. Both surgeries were performed perfectly. Dr. Wen was professional, diligent and to perform surgery twice, one in March second in September 2017 on 85 years old without any complication I call that a miracle. Also he took great care of my mother, and she simply calls him "her angel". I whish we have more doctors like him. Thank you Dr. Wen from the bottom of my heart. Jasminka

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Great doctor and surgeon, had my gallbladder removed and he did a great job, very compassionate and has a great bedside manner

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Dr. Wen has a wonderful bedside manner. His surgical expertise is second to none. My brother in law was so lucky to be referred to him! He is an excellent surgeon and went beyond the call of duty to inform us at all stages of his recovery.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

I was referred to this doctor for consultation. Wasn't much consultation. He told me my issue was not Important enough to use his limited surgery time. He also told me I was too overweight for him to help me at all. In discussion about this issue he told me exercise would be a waste of time and that I would not lose any weight by exercising. I am a physical education university graduate so of course I know the benefits of exercise. Of course I also know I should lose weight. He seemed totally disinterested in anything I had to say and almost seemed to want to argue at one point. His disinterest turned to mild aggression. When I asked him how much weight I would need to lose he couldn't answer that. At this point I had no interest in having his services at all and told him so. He could not have cared less. I highly suggest this is not the doctor you want looking after you or your loved one. I can lose weight. He will always be a creep.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Wen for consultation. He did not even sit down to talk to me. He did not offer me a chance to ask questions. I did not like his approach. And that is why I went to get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

We were referred to Dr. Wen for gallbladder, liver and bile duct cancer for my mom. Half the battle of aggressive cancers is to ensure your will power is intact, and your are strong enough to get through anything, You want to know that your doctor cares and values your life and is interested in helping you. He is the most disengaged uninterested doctor with the worst bedside manners I have ever come across. He gave us a poor prognosis and no treatment options. Worse his delivery of the news was like he was giving a classroom lecture, saying words like no we can't do this or she will die, how about that would pose a high risk or something remotely professional. We got a 2nd opinion and the treatment options were absolutely available, we found a doctor who was interested in helping you survive and give it his best shot. His opinion that no treatment was available was not true, what he should have said was I do not have the skills to do this, not that it can't be done. Unless you are getting something super uncomplicated, don't go to him, his reviews should've warned us, his reviews of hia lack of interest and poor bedside manners are bang on, stay away, he is not the Bluff you want to call.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I had Dr. Wen on Friday, May 5, 2017 at 8:00am for a surgery to remove heamengioma from my liver. Walking into the procedure, I was terrified in doing this surgery as it was my first time doing any type of surgery of this magnitude. However, Dr. Wen team was excellent, they showed their compassion, love and generousity. Dr. Ford was part of team, she was a bit firm, but understanding, she explained the proceedures pros and cons. I was mainly focusing on the cons, however; the rest of the team lured me towards the positive. Dr. Wen said you going have successful surgery, I will take good care of you, you are in good hands. Those words reaasured me and the surgery went well. The next morning after the surgery, I saw Dr. Wen who told me that the surgery went well and I could go home and come and see him in 2 weeks time to remove the staples. I was looking for more detail information about the surgery but I guess he was busy as he came in early that morning. Overall, my experience going into the surgery was a good one and I thank Dr. Wen and his team for making it a successful surgery. Dr. Wen, Dr. Ford and the rest of the team keep up the good work. God bless you all, thanks Nichola

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Was in to see Dr. Wen for his opinion on a growth on my head, once he explained what it was and asked whether or not I wanted to have it removed so I explained to him there was no use if it was going to keep coming back. At this point I wanted him to tell me in his medical opinion what I should do to keep it clean and to explain why I was having so much pain. He seem to be in a rush once I said no surgery he just rushed out of the room and didn't even let me say or ask anything more. In my opinion he needs to get a better bedside manner because he is very lacking, will never see him again and don't recomend him to anyone else.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

My husband was scheduled for what we thought was a routine surgery, however, once in the operating room, his case became quite severe, taking Dr. Wen twice as long to complete. But thanks to Dr.Wen, he made it through with flying colors. If you're looking for an excellent surgeon who holds NO punches, than he is your man. He is very straight forward, and gives you all the facts. And during the week my husband David was in the hospital, Dr. Wen was there first thing in the morning to check up on him, and when his blood work improved, he personally came back to let him know the results, which could have been delivered by the nurses. He maybe a little rough around the edges for some people, but he is definitely outstanding in his field. I would recommend him highly. Thanks Dr. Wen from the bottom of our hearts, you gave David and I a new lease on life, and you will always be remembered for that. God bless. All the best Kim &David Dunphy. P.S hope you enjoyed your vacation, see you soon!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

I can only find positive things to say about Dr. Wen. He has this professionally-distant bedside manner that some might find disconcerting but I liked it. The facts, the information and all the salient points are what I need and that's what I got. The procedure itself was a breeze. I followed all the directions and in the end (pun intended) everything was painless (yes - really - nothing) and I don't think I had any apprehensions at any stage. Also, the procedure was scheduled for 2pm and that is exactly when I was taken in. I fully recommend Dr. Wen.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017