Ratings for Dr. Martie Gidon

I am surprised anyone could have anything other than great things to say about Dr. Gidon and her amazing staff. Everyone that works there is super friendly including Dr. Gidon. She is a fantastic doctor and her bedside manner is tremendous.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

My mom was very impressed after recently having her first facial at Gidon Aesthetics and MediSpa. I've been seeing Dr. Gidon for over 10 years, and I've been telling my mom how great Dr. Gidon is for so long. She is now wondering why she waited so long! Dr. Gidon's staff are amazing, and Dr. Gidon never rushes patients (this is important to me). My mom was very pleased, and I'm glad!

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Patients in general are whiners. I have seen Dr. Gidon for 10 years and trust her judgement 100 percent. I do not understand those who complaint about having to wait an extra 1/2 hr or more, it's not like you are in line for a burger at McDonald's --- it's your face!! I have had Fraxel, CO2, Botox and facial fillers with her. I have had very good results and even though my acne scarring needs one more intense treatment only a fool would go "all out" with the first treatment....."start the settings low and go slow". The whiner club should shut up and grow-up.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I dont understand these negative reviews, Martie is really great. She's very helpful, knowledgeable, caring and super nice. Yes she can run late sometimes, but so what? Not a big deal. Not to bash or anything, but i've been to dermatologist rated in the top 10 on this site and my goodness were they extremely unhelpful. I would recommend Martie her to anyone. She's awesome.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Martie has a very 'cold' bedside manner - she makes you feel ashamed if you have an 'embarrassing' skin condition which is highly unprofessional. She comes across as a snob. She is generally unskilled at cosmetic procedures; you either have the flare/eye for it or not; she generally does not. There are a lot of kinder and better skilled dermas out there. Don't waste your money!

Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr. Gidon is an excellent dermatologist. I am not clear (other than punctuality which admittedly is a problem) why people are complaining about her. She is incredibly knowledgeable, never tries to oversell products or services, and is pleasant to deal with. She isn't that gregarious, but will warm up to you when you see her a few times. I don't find any dermatologist to be warm and fuzzy so I am not certain what people expect. My only complaint is punctuality. She schedules far too many appointments, so you are usually waiting 30 to 45 minutes past your appointment time. But I would rather she be knowledgeable and competent, which she is rather than punctual and ignorant!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I went to see Dr. Gidon for a consultation regarding my stubborn adult acne. She didn't ask me about my skin history or how long I've been suffering with acne. She gave me a prescription for 2 expensive creams. I then asked if she could help me with my new found keritosis pilaris on the backs of my arms. She didn't even take a look, she shrugged her shoulders and said "you could use the acne cream I guess"...she GUESSES?! She then tried to push her facials and other cosmetic procedures. I was not impressed~!

Submitted June 10, 2015

THE VERY BEST. She is very careful in what she recommends, has a vast knowledge and is proactive.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Gidon since I turned 29 - I figured it was a good time to begin addressing sun damage and to have my skin checked once a year. In the 7 years that have passed not only have I learned so much about the subtle and effective tips re; skin care (she is the reason I use Vitamin C fairly religiously to correct sun damage and lines but also to restore moisture levels daily & a Hyaluronic Acid for moisture - LOVE THIS serum) that I look healthier and more radiant now than I did at 25. I have always believed that good skin care, an awesome diet and exercise is the best way to maintain both youth and the appearance of youth. I have been to see a few other Dermas over the years but I go back to Dr Gidon because of a few reasons: - She NEVER has ever tried to 'over-sell' me on cosmetic procedures, even when I have asked for certain treatments or procedures that weren't ultimately right for me she elected to explain why I should opt away from it at that time. That's a lot of integrity. -She knows her stuff! Any botox, or fillers that she has administered to me are placed so subtly that you might only think I looked rested and relaxed -You'll never end up with 'that face' ... you know which one I mean - because she takes the time to look at you and I think cares more about enhancing your look than taking your credit card - ultimately this is also the best way to build a business like this. -Botox and fillers can be purchased cheaply but only a trained (and skilled) MD will understand how the subdural muscles will affect movement and appearance .. Dr Gidon is an artist. I have only taken the time to write this here because I referred a friend who saw a negative review(s) on here and I think it's important to support businesses who are doing great things. I am pretty picky about what I put in my body and on my face and taking the time to write this review alone should be a testament to how happy I am with this clinic. The best test of her educational skills and procedural skills and product referrals? I still am asked for ID every now and then and I'm closer to 40 than 30 :) That should just about say it all!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

I'm glad I'm not the only one that had a negative experience here. I informed my referring GP and asked for a referral elsewhere. I was seen at least 30 minutes past my appointment time and then treated very distantly. Dr. Gidon stood on the other side of the room looking at me as if I had some sort of contagious condition (I didn't... I was there for suspected keratosis). She may be good at cosmetic procedures, which seems to be what she's more interested in doing, but I found her "bedside manner" to be completely off-putting.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014