You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Brian Kirsh

I really wish I had seen this before I met him and wasted time with him. I don't even know where to begin, so I'll just say that if there were a zero rating for him, that's what he'd get. He's rude, unethical, unprofessional, ignorant, condescending and VERY inappropriate. People who are in need of a good doctor should not be made vulnerable to finding a doctor like this instead.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Brian Kirsh for 9 years for Chronic Pain Management, I have visited Dr Kirsh in his previous practice at the Chedoke Pain Clinic and was involved in his 10 evening course in being Mindful as it relates to Pain Management and I continue to travel from the Niagara area to see him in his Toronto practise because I believe he is very good at what he does. I have had chronic pain for 18 years from a MVA and have seen more than my share of Doctors over the 18 years and over a dozen medical procedures. I feel qualified to make my comments as to the high regard I hold Dr Kirsh and how much he cares about the well being and long term care of his patients. Dr Kirsh is always fair , he can be firm but he is always empathetic to your situation and will always listen well and give you honest feedback, he has seen his share of patients from all walks of life and he calls is as he sees it, he is professional and is knowledgeable in his field of practice. Dan Dominick

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

I think Dr.Kirsh represents the model of what a psychiatrist should be. He is understanding, patient, highly educated, informative and knowledgable about the issues that concern the patient. It is this rare combination of traits that makes Dr. Kirsh an outstanding physician. I have been going to see Dr. Kirsh for a few years now and am well aware of his ability to guide his patients through difficult issues and times. Frankly Dr.kirsh has helped me and continues to make a difference in my life.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Worst Dr I have been to, and I've been spending my whole life playing this game. Could tell the first day he was off gave him a chance anyways. Formed an opinion based on what he saw come through the door. Constantly pushing things on my husband and myself that would cost us money despite REPEATEDLY reminding him we were on ODSP and couldn't even afford public transit to see him the once a week. Always trying to find a reason to be "AHAH!" like he caught me lying. Obsessed with drug testing me and constantly trying to push me to admit smoking crack or meth even though with my health problems (try reading my chart!) it would kill me, and clean drug tests did nothing to quell it either. Left because he would not be reasonable about my meds, insisting I didn't need an extra day or 2 before I ran out, to get the prescription, that it suggested malice, and that every month has EXACTLY 4 weeks, so if I got my scrip on the 28th I should get it every month on the 28th cuz it's exactly 4 weeks!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

If there was a magic pill that would fix everything incuding pain, we wouldn't need doctors. I've experienced chronic pain for 5+ yrs and been a patient of Dr. Kirsh for approx. 3.5 yrs. It upsets me to read some of the negative feedback on here. Dr. Kirsh has helped me deal with many issues, some of which I didn't know I had and some I never thought I'd ever share. Yes, trying different meds and doses can be a frustrating part of pain management as we all search for that magic life changing pill. But Dr. Kirsh invests his time into you and helps you search for other factors that may contribute to pain. Honestly, the group sessions didn't help me as I couldn't get into it. I did take some tips that help. I enjoy and look forward to our one on one appointments. I have easily learned to trust and let him into my world. I'm certainly not "fixed" and I still have pain but it's pain management, which teaches you to manage and live with pain as nothing will make it disappear entirely.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

flag | Submitted May 27, 2012

Dr Kirsh is not sensible to pain or patient's interests but his own. He does not look at the eyes, has his mind made up in favour of his clients:WISB and car insurances,which pay him very well, his reports are in favor of WISB and car insurances. These companies would not continually request his services/pay him if he said the people/patients are in bad shape like they really are. He cares about his own sake and money is the most important for him, unfortunately he is a sad individual, you can see it in his actions and his face. He is so sad that he is the one doing the good comments on him. He admitted here he wants to increase his poor rating. The best he can do is start being an honest Dr and restitute the bad if he could. Start listening, caring and stop stabbing on people's back. No one liked you when I was in the Program! He is ignorant, selfish and stubborn. By the way, the Program did not send me back to work but I cannot stand so much hipocrisy.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

terrible!Went to clinic and left in worse shape. No compasion for anyone and only caused more stress. I would never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Dr. Kirsh was my GP many years ago for quite a few years. I found him to be punctual, respectful of me and what brought me to see him and knowledgeable. He was not a pill pusher and that was one of the things I liked about him the most. From what I've read here, he doesn't sound like he's different now from when he used to be my doctor. I wish he would come back to YR and be my GP again! Slackers find someone who'll let you pull the wool over their heads! Dr. Kirsh is a man of honour and a great physician. And no, I'm not related to him nor do I know him on a personal level.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Dr. Brian Kirsh's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I really wish I had seen this before I met him and wasted time with him. I don't even know where to begin, so I'll just say that if there were a zero rating for..."

February 1, 2016
  • Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M5T 3A9". Address has been updated from "None" to "340 College Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14169228429".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr. K, He's been my chronic pain therapist for 2 years, he's helped me tremendously.. !"

February 17, 2015
  • 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

February 16, 2013
  • Specialty changed from "Anesthesiologist" to "Psychiatrist"

December 11, 2012
  • City changed from "Hamilton" to "Toronto"

April 30, 2012