Ratings for Dr. Catherine Heimbach

I have been seeing this doctor my whole life, and service has gone downhill. Now that she is retiring, she didn't give her patients notice and we now automatically have a new doctor. We weren't notified, talked to about it, or given a choice. She's always 30 - 60 minutes behind, and only one receptionist is helpful. She doesn't dig into issues or look into things any further than surface level.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Love Dr. Heimbach. Has been my family Doctor for 32 years. Supper helpful, kind, knowledgeable. She has never been afraid to refer you on to someone else if she doesn't have the answer. Very thorough and detailed. Sad to see her go. Her replacement is OK in comparison.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr Heimbach is wonderful. We don't always see eye to eye (ie pro-choice) but she refers you to someone who can help you. She actually birthed me way back when, and she will be missed when she retires and I need to find someone. I do NOT like her replacement Dr Tse though and find her to never ask questions or have a good bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

What I like most about Dr. Heimbach is she is extremely thorough. If she doesn't know the answer she will send you to someone who can. I know she will be retiring soon and will be missed. Her replacement Dr. C has some big shoes to fill.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Was my doctor for over 20 years. A very serious health issue not found in time even though I kept going back with concerns. She told me there was nothing wrong with me.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Dr. Heimbach has been my doctor since I was a teenager. Her Dad was my pediatrician when I was a kid. I get to introduce her to my brand new daughter tomorrow and there was no one else I'd trust her care too. Dr. Heimbach is hands down the best GP. Even when I see another doctor in the office I feel cared for and in good hands. I feel very lucky to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr. Heimbach is an amazing GP. I feel so fortunate in a city with such a lack of GPs', to have a doctor like Dr. Heimbach care so much about my health and well being. Dr. Heimbach has come to visit me in the hospital before, and this blew me away!!! Thanks Dr. Heimbach for going the extra mile! It is certainly noticed and hugely appreciated!!!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Another lifelong patient. Dr. Heimbach was there at my birth and has been my GP ever since, my mother is also her patient. Dr. Heimbach is always caring, compassionate, helpful, and not afraid to give me a boot to the ass when needed. She helped me most recently through an awful mental health crisis and got me set up with an amazing psychiatrist. Now she is helping me along the path to transgender hormone therapy. If I can't see her in an emergency, the other doctors are wonderful and Dr. Heimbach will take time between her appointments to confer with the doctor I do end up seeing. I've not had issues with the front desk staff at all, and have seen them go above and beyond to get necessary information to me when needed. I didn't fully appreciate what a treasure she is until I had some bad experiences with other doctors, and I will never take her for granted. Ever.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

Dr. Heimbach, has been my Dr. since the day I was conceived!! The only reason she didn't deliver me is because her daughter was born 3 mths before me!!! She is the greatest Dr. in the city, and I feel privileged to have her!! To bad she doesn't deliver anymore my baby is on its way!!! And anyone saying anything about Danielle, You should get to know people better, I think she is a very nice person and tends to have conversations with me and my mother if she has the time!!! All in all I love this office and wouldn't want it to go anywhere!!!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

All the ratings posted here regarding the administrative staff are completely TRUE. The top hen, Danielle, is entirely miserable (to the point where you almost feel bad for her), and thus projects a REALLY unfortunate vibe throughout an otherwise stellar practice! She's obviously never ventured very far from a reception desk and that's why she feels the need to act 'extremely important' all the time...but enough negativity on my part. Dr. Heimbach is well worth toughing out the front desk drama. She's incredibly adept, personable and has always been completely professional. She regrets that she cannot accept new patients - I tried a few times to get my husband in. She's been 100% amazing 100% of the time. Danielle could really learn from such a poised and elegant woman...

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010