Dr. William Parker

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. William Parker

I started this review on the 18th of Nov. 2018 but mistakenly posted the introductory part due to the touch screen of my computer . The review deserved to be published in full as an act of testimony from my family and other families out there that might need Dr.. William H. Parker's excellent service. We visited five medical doctors (OBGYN and Oncologist) and there nurses whom I rebuked to touch my wife with their pessimistic diagnosis. "I am going to remove your Uterus" , said by the doctor and my wife responded , "can you keep my fallopian tube"? And the doctor said, "everything is going to come out, it is a pregnant uterus". Their champion slogan is to remove the uterus as soon as possible, that it is likely to be cancerous due to its size - what a myth! I could see the spirit of fear creeping into my wife and her life began to diminish during the awful bargain. What do you expect from a good country lady, who is faithful and spent most of her life in charity works for the lord and just got married. I rose my head up, stood for my dear wife, rebuked and debunked them on every occasion in order to detoxify the psychological poison deposited in her by their wrong diagnosis . I told my wife that God has not given His own diagnosis . We got our knees on prayer and worship . It was a real battle. What supposed to be a honey moon became a six months of staying at home without working but praying and searching through internet , to see if their is another opinion out there. Miraculously , we found fibroidsecondopinion.com after five doctors opinions. Dr. William H. Parker is called by God . An authority with passion not only on female Uterus and Vital organs conservative but also for the entire well- being of his patients. He took the almighty coat of medicine and laid it down in front of his table and took a passionate coat of love and care and puts it upon every individual that visits him in his office. It was exactly what happened to my wife who had a fibroid tumor that looks like a nine months pregnancy. "I am going to offer you abdominal myomectomy" said by Dr. William Parker and my wife joyfully said, "thank you Sir, thank you Sir" as life came back to her. I believe strongly that with the Lord , you can make the best deal in every registers of this life . You have to be optimistic and strong in your Faith that balances with prayer while diligently searching for second opinion . Dr. William H. Parker is a treasure that is deserved to be searched for. He is the best among equals. My wife is now wonderful in her spirit, gorgeous on her shape after an abdominal myomectomy in which a ten pounds weight of a fibroid that stalked on her uterus was removed, together with two to three tiny fibroids inside her uterus. The surgery was done on late march 2018 by Dr. William Parker and his best team in medicine. The nurses, front desk personnel , cleaners and Food Services department were all amazing . She was discharged at the 3rd day . Though we came from Texas but we stayed in the hotel nearby and the stiches were removed a week after the surgery and we flew back to Texas next day - what a miracle! Watch out! Uterine monster (fibroid) , we are after you. Though you have spread your ugly tentacles of fear, pain, discomfort and shame to our dear sisters , wives and moms with your so called threats of destroying their divine organs and wrecking their families. I tell you this, your days are numbered at the hands of fibroidsecondopinion - Dr. William H. Parker. Surely, we are going to pay visits to those pessimistic doctors. This time around, it is not going to be rebuking and debunking but peacefully and gently passing the flyers to them about fibroidsecondopinion.com . I believe that they are smart enough to take my offer so that both of us will be on the conservative side of life. Spreading good news about fibroidsecondopinion will now be part of our missionary work. Hi Prof. , I am still in search of journals that will contain your divine works in medicine. You are a genius of our generation and generation to come. We love you so much. Love and Dan. Houston TX.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

We visited five medical doctors (OBGYN and Oncologists) and there nurses whom I rebuked to touch my wife with their pessimistic diagnosis. "I am going to remove your Uterus" said by the doctor and my wife responded, "can you keep my fallopian tube"? And the doctor said, "everything is going to come out, it is a pregnant uterus". Their champion slogan is to remove the uterus as soon as possible, that it is likely to be cancerous due to its size - what a might. I could see the spirit of fear creeping into my wife and her life began to diminish during the awful bargain. What do you expect from a good country lady, who is faithful and spent part of her life in charity works for the lord and just got married. I rose my head up, stood for my dear wife, rebuked and debunked them on every occasion in order to detoxify the psychological poison deposited in her by their wrong diagnosis. I told my wife that God has not given His own diagnosis . We got our knees in prayer and worship. It was a real battle. What supposed to be a honey moon became a six months of staying at home without working but praying and searching through internet, to see if their is another opinion out there, Miraculously, we found fibroidsecondopinion.com after five doctors opinions.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2018

He is an outstanding . well experienced and kind. He removed my fibroid with confident, His staff were amazing and professional. Thank you Sir for your wonderful job.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2018

A year before my surgery date, I noticed a hard mass in my stomach, around my belly button. I first had my gynocologist look at it with an ultrasound machine, but nothing showed up. I didn’t think too much about it, although it nagged me a bit. So I saw my general practitioner who ordered an MRI. The MRI showed that I had five fairly large fibroids attached to my uterus, one of them was 8 X 10 cm. I was referred by my gynocologist to a specialist at my local hospital, Cedars Sinai, (whom I will keep unnamed), but she said that the only way to take care of it was by having a hysterectomy. My mother had a hysterectomy when she was in her 50’s and I saw the pain and agony that she went through. I decided to do more research, and I was referred to another local specialist (this time at UCLA), who also recommended that because of the difficult reaches of some of the fibroids, the best thing to do was to have a hysterectomy. While doing my own extensive research online, I found Dr. William Parker based on his reviews. I drove the two plus hours down to La Jolla from Los Angeles, and after reviewing my MRI, Dr. Parker told me that he could remove the fibroids without a hysterectomy, through laparoscopic myomectomy. I was nervous but excited to be finally rid of the fibroids that were causing me to have heavy periods, uncomfortable and sometimes painful sex, constant fatigue, depression, and other awful symptoms that made me miserable. Not to mention, I looked as if I was five months pregnant. Because Dr. Parker is very popular with this procedure, my surgery appointment wasn’t for at least five months down the road. In the meantime, I did everything I could to decrease the size of the fibroids— I stopped eating estrogen-laden foods (soy, certain beans and non-organic foods that have phytochemicals that mimic estrogen, etc.), and I saw my acupuncturist once a week and took his multitude of Chinese herbal pills that he prescribed. None of it seemed to help. My fatigue continued to get worse, and I was counting the days for the surgery. When I finally had my surgery, Dr. Parker removed not 5, but 11 fibroids from my uterus. Eleven! I was so shocked when he told me and showed me the gruesome photos from the surgery. (The fibroids looked like alien pods from the movie, Aliens). I had surgery when I was in college because of a cyst that took over my ovary and I had to have my ovary removed. I was worried that the recovery would be similar, because I could barely walk for a month after that surgery. This time, however, I was able to walk the same day, after surgery. Within a week, I was walking almost at my normal pace. I still have a bit of cramping here and there, but my energy level has skyrocketed and I no longer look like I’m five months pregnant. I can’t tell you how much better I feel, and like others have said, I feel like I have regained my life. I’m so thankful that I found Dr. Parker. He was such a professional all the way through, and he is the best at his job. He’s truly a genius. I can’t thank him enough. If you have fibroids that you need to remove, I highly recommend booking an appointment with Dr. Parker. It might take you awhile to get a surgery date with him, so the sooner you do it, the better.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

Dr. Parker was a complete life-saver. By the time I found Dr. Parker I had an almost 14in fibroid causing me pain, fatigue, bleeding, and trouble with my bladder. I was told I'd likely need a hysterectomy if I wanted it removed and that if I kept it, it would continue to grow, worsening my symptoms and I'd be unable to conceive. At 32 years old this was devastating news since I have not yet had children. Then I found Dr. Parker. The comments on his website seemed too good to be true, but after meeting with him it was clear he is the real deal. I had my surgery 4 months ago. Dr. Parker removed my large fibroid LAPAROSCOPICALLY, saving my fertility and offering me a much easier recovery. Dr. Parker saved my life. I only hope he is able to teach others his life-changing techniques so they will be able to continue his good works. I scoured the internet and he was the only one I could find offering such hope.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2018

After being told "I have never heard of anyone not having to have a hysterectomy with Fibroids this size" by an OB-GYN, "hysterectomy is the safest and best procedure to remove and to ensure your Fibroids will not come back" by my PCP, and that open myomectomies for large Fibroids "just aren't done that much anymore" (same OB-GYN), I dedicated myself to hours of research on the internet to hopefully find someone that could tell me otherwise. I did find someone. It was Doctor William Parker. Dr. Parker's name kept appearing in articles and research concerning Fibroids and women's pelvic health. After taking a closer look, not only was it evident that he had the experience, expertise and skill-set that I was looking for, it also looked like we would have the same goal - not having to remove a perfectly good, functioning organ! The next step was a challenge as Dr. Parker was located in San Diego and I was in Portland, Oregon. Should I trust the articles, the reviews, the feedback, the research? What if I took the extra time and money and flew down only to have an appointment just like the numerous others I'd had in the past several months (basically everyone telling me I was being unrealistic and silly for wanting to keep my uterus "at my age" [48], and that if they did do a myomectomy my uterus would look like "swiss cheese" or I would have a 20% chance of waking up without my uterus because of potential complications). After checking with my insurance (Dr. Parker was covered), sending my medical records (office was very helpful, nice and communication was prompt and thorough), and getting the required MRI, I decided to take a chance. This was to be one of the BEST DECISIONS I HAVE EVER MADE. In person, Dr. Parker not only met but exceeded my expectations in every way. Not only did he review my medical records in a concise and understandable manner, he also took the time to explain each one of my options clearly, without judgement, and without (it seemed) any time constraint. When I told him of my other experiences and that I was informed that the best option for me was a hysterectomy, he said "bull-shit". I knew then and there I was in the right place and had found my doctor. For my Fibroid issue, the treatment option I chose was an open myomectomy, in which Dr. Parker was 100% confident would be uncomplicated and successful with no real chance of waking up with "bad news" (= no uterus). He even said he didn't want to disappoint me, but my 2 Fibroids (measuring @ 8 cm and 7 cm in diameter) were actually not large, but "medium-sized". What a different perspective than the other doctors! Needless to say, by the end of the appointment I was fully at ease and actually excited about my surgery. I am now 6 weeks post surgery and wake up every day with no back pain, no excessive bleeding, and have normal bladder function, all of which I had challenges with the past 2+ years. I am back to all my regular activities and am looking forward to heading into menopause in a few years with my whole, healthy and fully intact uterus, which I am grateful for every day. But not as grateful as I am for having found Dr. Parker. Susan Reszczynski, Portland, Oregon

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

Stephani P. - Phoenix, AZ: Dr. Parker is an outstanding doctor who did for me what no other doctor would. He removed a large fibroid (over 10 cm ) laparoscopically. After going to other doctors who told me they would only give me a FULL hysterectomy. I had no other options according to those other doctors. I was determined to find a doctor who would give me other options. After research I found Dr. Parker and I am so happy I did. I made the trip to La Jolla, CA from Arizona. I am so glad. It was well worth it. He encourages questions and he supplies answers, with diagrams. He gave me many options. He has the best bed side manor and really helps you understand every detail. I love how he helps you prepare and also helps with after care so your experience goes smoothly. Pain was very manageable and went home same day. I already told close family and friends about my experience and have given his info to acquaintances. Dr. Parker is a rare gem in his field giving women information for them to make educated decisions about their own health. We need more doctors like Dr. Parker.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

After extensive research, Dr Bill Parker was the 5th and final Dr that I went to see for my debilitating fibroid situation that I had been dealing with for over a decade. From the minute he walked into the room, I was convinced that he would not only be able to help me but also do what every Dr in NYC deemed impossible. He, not once, never mentioned hysterectomy. He was generous with his time and his infinite knowledge about fibroids. I felt completely at ease and super confident in his expertise. It was a relief to be with a Dr who is humble, kind, and understood my sense of humor, as well as respecting what I wanted for my body. My surgery was a total success with him removing 32 fibroids while keeping my uterus intact. His entire team was so kind, so professional and absolutely the nicest people I had ever met. Jacobs Medical Center is also the most amazing, modern and high quality hospital that I had ever been in. I never imagined I would say that my surgery was a beautiful experience but there is no other way to describe it. I went in calm and in peace, and came out happy, making jokes and feeling like a huge darkness had been pulled out of my body. 7 weeks later and I feel like the real ME has returned. I will be forever grateful for Dr Parker. He is as good as it gets on every level.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

“The only way to remove your fibroids (all 7 of them) is a hysterectomy” – that was the “advice” from the doctor who first diagnosed me with fibroids. My uterus was almost twice its normal size. I was uncomfortable and beginning to have pain related to the mass in my belly. And she told me that they were “rapid-growing” which scared the **** out of me. However, I still did not want to have a hysterectomy. Why should I have to cut out a part of my body and why was that her default option for treatment? I knew that there had to be alternatives, so I did extensive research on the internet. His credentials, experience and the stories I read about him all led me to Dr. William Parker. I have to confess I was nervous. Was I a good candidate? Would my age (51) lead him to say that there was no good reason to keep my uterus? From my first appointment with Dr. Parker he put me at ease. He was warm, caring and exuded expertise. He walked me through the results of my MRI, showed me the fibroids and reassured me that I did not need to worry. In explaining ALL of the treatment options available for fibroids he gave me the opportunity to understand what was going on with my body and that there were many ways to treat it – without a hysterectomy. He took his time to make sure that I would be able to make a confident decision, even providing me with the name of a doctor who offered an alternative method for a consultation. My laparoscopic myomectomy surgery was a huge success. I have never had an operation before, but I truly cannot imagine a better experience. Dr. Parker and his whole team made me feel confident and cared for from the moment I arrived until my discharge – and beyond. He spent time with my wife post-surgery and explained what was done in detail (the photos are unbelievable). The following day I received a voicemail from him and then the next day another call just to make sure I was okay. In my follow-up visit he again took the time to answer any questions, and to explain exactly what had been done. Weeks later, I am healing beautifully, and my body feels like me again. Dr. Parker lived up to all the stories and then some. His warmth, confidence and expertise - as well as his passion for what he does so well, makes him a wonderful doctor and surgeon. I will be forever grateful for his exceptional care – before, during and after my surgery.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

I had a single fibroid that grew from 2.7cm to 12.6cm from 2008 to 2018. Since I was diagnosed and treated for kidney cancer in 2016, the fibroid became a concern for me. My regular gynecologist suggested an abdominal hysterectomy with the removal of the left ovary because MRI’s and ultrasounds indicated my fibroid was very close to the left ovary. Having lost a kidney due to cancer, I was very unwilling to lose more body parts especially if they don’t exhibit problems. I inquired about myomectomy and was told that I had no reason to keep my uterus since I don’t plan to have more children and it would be very messy to have to suture up the uterus. I researched for my options and started searching for second opinion. Referred by my PCP, I saw another gynecologist and a gynecologic oncologist. The oncologist recommended hysterectomy. The gynecologist gave me several options including laparoscopic myomectomy, but because of the fibroid size, he said he may change to abdominal surgery if camera shows difficulty or complications in proceeding with laparoscopic approach. From conversations with my sister in law, I learned Dr. Parker is a specialist in providing alternatives to hysterectomy and performed a very successful laparoscopic myomectomy for my sister in law. She suggested that I talk to Dr. Parker before making decisions. In April 2017, I saw Dr. Parker. I was very impressed during the first visit by his thoroughness and the time he spent to explain his diagnose to me. After carefully reviewing all my lab images and lab reports since 2012, Dr. Parker told me that the chance of my fibroid being malignant is less than 1%. I was SO relieved and decided to wait. Contrary to what I had hoped for a shrinking fibroid as I was approaching menopause, the fibroid grew faster in the last 12 months and it started causing discomfort to my abdomen. During this 12-month period, my blood tests showed elevated red blood cell count which my PCP said could be caused by the growing fibroid. I went back to see Dr. Parker in April 2018 and scheduled a laparoscopic myomectomy. After 3.5 hours, Dr. Parker and his team carefully removed my 12cm fibroid that was getting very close to my only ureter with NO tissue damage. I returned home on the day of surgery. On Day 4, I was already moving around at my home without any pain medicine. Now week three, I resumed pretty much all my normal activities except strenuous lifting and exercises. I am VERY happy with the result of my surgery and I’m now free of the physical and emotional burden of the fibroid. Dr. Parker’s medical expertise, his 30+ years of surgical/clinical experience and his genuine care for his patients as a medical doctor (not as a business man) were the reasons why I chose him. If you ever decide to treat your fibroid, regardless what state it is, go to see Dr. Parker. There are very few doctors who are as competent and as experienced as Dr. Parker in this field. You will be in good hands just as I and my sister-in-law were.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

Dr. William Parker's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. William H. Parker is a board-certified Fellow in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Dr. Parker is a Clinical Professor at the UC San Diego School of Medicine and former Director of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery at the UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. He has been chosen for Best Doctors in America and Top Doctors since the late 90’s.

• English

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)

• Uterine fibroids