Dr. William Parker

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. William Parker

Galatians 5:2 New International Version (NIV) 2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. CIRCUMCISION REMOVES 12 SQUARE INCHES OF PENILE TISSUE, AND IT REMOVES OVER 20.000 NERVE ENDINGS. YOU ARE MUCH LESS LIKELY TO WEAR A CONDOM IF YOU ARE CIRCUMCISED AND THE CONDOM IS MUCH MORE LIKELY NOT TO FIT AND FALL OFF IF YOU ARE CIRCUMCISED. CIRCUMCISION IS MALE GENITAL MUTILATION. VICTIMS OF CIRCUMCISION ARE FAR MORE LIKELY TO BECOME VICTIMS OF RAPE OR OTHER VICTIMIZATION RELATIVE TO "COMPULSION TO REENACT CIRCUMSTANCES" AND THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF CIRCUMCISION. CIRCUMCISION CAUSES PTSD AND THE VICTIM WILL BE RELIVING IT FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. VICTIMS HAVE RIGHTS!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2018

It is very difficult to be frank about Dr. Parker without getting embarrassingly flowery and long-winded. Dr. Parker is a liberator of women, which in and of itself is ironic because he is a male physician. I expected more from the female physicians and got way less than what was available to me as Dr. Parker’s patient – a new lease on life. My first consultation with Dr. Parker in January 2018 was remarkable and soothing to say the least. He patiently listened to my story with genuine interest. He made notes for me on a paper that had the diagram of the uterus and fibroids. Unlike other doctors before him, he pulled my MRI, turned the computer screen towards me, and spoke to me like someone with a functional brain. He delivered a brief but thorough and easily understandable explanation of my uterus and fibroids, and which fibroids were likely culprits for my hemorrhaging. He gave me four treatment options including what I came for (i.e., abdominal myomectomy, YES!), and one option he would not recommend (focused ultrasound). He backed each option with scientific evidence. I left his office feeling like a gynecologist in charge of my own uterus. I received an outstanding education from Dr. Parker in 30 minutes that I could not get in 13 years of desperately wanting a solution. He was compassionate and was just extremely receptive, kind, and even humorous. Surgery was easy to schedule. His staff were phenomenal. I read his articles on OBGYN Management journal multiple times and incessantly watched his videos. I understood every step of the procedure. In mid-May 2018, I flew to San Diego and had the abdominal myomectomy. Morning of the surgery I was unafraid because I had a sense of control that Dr. Parker “handed to me” through his interactions with me and his website, videos, and publications. There were no secrets/unknowns. He assured me that his patients never required a transfusion. He was correct. I went in with a hemoglobin of 10.2g/dL and came out of surgery free of 15 fibroids with a hemoglobin of 9.7g/dL. Unbelievable! My recovery was quick. I did not need pain meds by post-surgery day 5, and my incision was healed by the end of the second week. My uterus is back to normal size. I did not have to lose it to a hysterectomy contrary to the advice of three other gynecologists. I am very pleased with the outcome. I cannot thank Dr. Parker enough. He is a God-send. He is very knowledgeable about fibroids and has an amazing track record of success that spans 40 years. I highly recommend him for treatment of fibroids.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

..........................................................

flag | Submitted July 15, 2018

Beginning in my teenage years, I started to experience unusually heavy menstrual periods accompanied with extreme pain and vomiting. It was not unusual to stay home from school or work due to my menstrual cycle. At the age of 18, I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids. At that time, my gynecologist said not to worry and they remained small clusters for many years. During my early 30’s, a different gynecologist suggested Yaz birth control to reduce my growing fibroids. After six months, I stopped taking the birth control due to the alarming side effects. From then on, I tried diet, exercise, rest, and stress reduction, but my fibroids continued to grow at an unceasing pace. Once I experienced fibroid degeneration at the age of 37, I knew it was time for surgery. By that time, my fibroids had grown in considerable size to the point where I could feel and see them protruding from my abdomen. When my gynecologist strongly suggested a myomectomy, my search for an exceptional fibroid doctor began. As I sought to find the best doctor to fit my needs, Dr. Parker’s experience and dedication to fibroid research was the most impressive. The day of my first appointment, my nervousness was calmed by Dr. Parker’s personality and his easy-going disposition. He immediately lessened my fears with his reassuring words. He is an excellent listener, warm, personable, direct, and honest. My appointment was not rushed and I didn’t have to wait long to see him. He explained the size of my fibroids in detail and what to expect after surgery. Even though he relocated to San Diego, I traveled the distance from Los Angeles so he could perform the surgery and maintain my care. The morning of the surgery, Dr. Parker assured me that the procedure would go well and that I had nothing to worry about. 14 fibroids and weighing 5.5 pounds less, I awakened with a flat stomach for the first time in four years. Later that evening, Dr. Parker called to see how I was feeling and answered any additional questions that I had. Six weeks later, my scar barely visible, I have returned to my full exercise routine. I feel fantastic!!! I no longer have to hide my stomach. I now have the energy and upbeat attitude to tackle life no matter what situation is thrown my way. Dr. Parker embodies what every doctor should strive to be. He is a revered physician and teacher; he is matchless in his boundless medical knowledge, compassionate and thoughtful, with an unrivaled bedside manner. What a blessing I found him.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

"Dr. Parker has been such a blessing to me and my family during my battle with fibroids. After not being able to find a specialist in Northern California, I was referred to Dr. Parker's office in San Diego. After our initial consult, I immediately felt confident that Dr. Parker was the specialist I needed. Throughout office visits, pre-op appointments, surgery, and post-op, Dr. Parker was caring, genuine, competent and made me feel comfortable. I was very nervous about the surgery, and Dr. Parker was extremely helpful in calming my nerves. I could not have asked for a better experience! I highly recommend Dr. Parker. He is highly skilled and very good at what he does. Thank you for everything, Dr. Parker!"

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

After much research and talking to many doctors, Dr. Parker was a God send! Initially I was just getting information off of his website to understand what fibroids were, how they could be treated, and what questions to ask doctors. It was evident to me that I needed to speak to him as he was extremely experienced and not only did he perform procedures on fibroids frequently but he taught the surgery! Many of the other doctors said due to the size and location of my fibroid they would need to do an abdominal myomectomy or even a hysterectomy. There was no guarantee that if they did the abdominal myomectomy that it wouldn’t have turned into a hysterectomy. Being 31 years old and not having children yet, this was not an option for me. As soon as I met with Dr. Parker I was reassured that this was not necessary. He was confident he could remove the fibroid laproscopically which would be a shorter recovery time and would preserve my ovaries. Other doctors I spoke to were short with me and would almost get frustrated that I would think a laparoscopic or a robotic myomectomy would be the right answer. These doctors performed myomectomies about a dozen times year however Dr. Parker focuses on fibroids and performs approximately 150 over the course of a year. When I met with him for my appointment, he was so patient answering all of my questions], spent a good deal of time showing me pictures of what fibroids look like, what my options were as far as procedures, and even spent the time showing me the MRI pointing out the fibroid in each image. His confidence and excellent bedside manner calmed any nerves I had about having the fibroid removed and I knew he was the doctor to do it! In addition to being a faster recovery, the laparoscopic procedure was an outpatient procedure which also saved me a great deal in medical expenses. The day after surgery I was able to walk slowly and had mild discomfort for a few days but immediately noticed I did not have to go to the bathroom every hour or wake up in the middle of the night since the fibroid was no longer pushing on my bladder. Dr. Parker was caring enough to call to check on me himself the day after surgery. That is a standup doctor! Less than 2 weeks after my surgery, I flew back home to attend my brothers wedding with no issues. Now three weeks out of surgery, I’m moving at normal pace and all of the incisions are healing properly. I’m sure I’ll be back to normal in no time! So thankful I had Dr. Parker to perform the proper surgery needed to get me back on my feet much faster than others!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

I had a fibroid the size of a watermelon and thirteen others that were smaller in size. Needless to say, the location of the bigger fibroid gave me a myriad of problems including high blood pressure, gastrointestinal issues and constant rib/back pain. The smaller ones sat right on top of my bladder causing me to leak urine. After years of being rejected by doctors because they were either incompetent or did not want to give me the option of having a myomectomy, I finally met Dr. Parker. With so many prior negative experiences with different gynecologists, I was not sure what to expect. Thankfully, I quickly realized that besides being an incredibly competent doctor and expert in his field, Dr. Parker is an extremely genuine and warm person. I had never before felt so safe in a doctor's care. Long story short, the "watermelon" and the rest of the fibroids were removed. I am now almost 6 weeks post-op and my quality of life has greatly improved. At the same time, I am grateful that once I fully recover from surgery, the possibility of having children is still possible since my uterus was retained. There are just no words to adequately describe my immense gratitude toward Dr. Parker for doing what no other doctor was able to do. Thank you, Dr. Parker! If you are suffering from fibroids, please check out his website: http://www.fibroidsecondopinion.com/

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

Dr. Parker is amazing! He takes his time with patients and is available for questions after the office visit. He and his staff made sure that I was taken care of after fibroid surgery. For fibroids, he is the doctor to see!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

When I went to see Dr. Parker I was scared and nervous about the size of my fibroids. He helped me understand the options that were available to me and explained everything in detail. When it came time to do the open myomectomy he was wonderful and his staff took such great care of me. I'm so grateful for the time and care he took with me and my life is so much better post surgery.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

In late 2015, I saw my physician about my fibroids which were getting very large, ( the biggest around 15cm) and were causing problems for me. My OBGYN, who was highly recommended, stated I should have a hysterectomy, even though my cancer screening was negative. When I asked her if she could perform a myomectomy so I could keep my uterus and ovaries, she was not even willing to discuss it, or provide clear rationale as to why she would not do it. I kept putting off the surgery even though they had me scheduled two different times. I was enduring heavy, painful periods and the fibroids were pressing on my bladder and kidney. I managed to hang on until I found Dr. Parker's website in the summer of 2017. I sent an email with my ultrasound results and fortunately he agreed to a consultation. It took 5 months along with an uncomfortable MRI, but I saw Dr. Parker in December 2017 where he told me it was totally feasible to remove the fibroids leaving the uterus and ovaries intact. We scheduled the surgery for January right then and there. It is now February and I am recovering from a successful surgery. It is hard to express how happy I am with the results. It is such a wonderful feeling to have those things gone and still have all my normal female functions intact. I have friends and relatives who have had hysterectomies and they are almost all suffering from it in one way or another. I just wonder how many of them could have had myomectomies if only there were enough skilled surgeons. So many thanks to Dr. Parker and his staff and all involved with my care at UCSD Health. Dr. Parker is a caring, down to earth and completely approachable person. I am happy too, knowing Dr. Parker is training many other doctors in the surgical techniques he has perfected, it is sorely needed. I hope Dr. Parker will be able to practice for a long time so he can help many more women.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Dr. William Parker's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. William H. Parker is a board-certified Fellow in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Dr. Parker is a Clinical Professor at the UC San Diego School of Medicine and former Director of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery at the UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. He has been chosen for Best Doctors in America and Top Doctors since the late 90’s.

• English

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)

• Uterine fibroids