Dr. William Parker

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. William Parker

Excellent surgeon. Very good experience with my fibroid removal procedure. Definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

One of the most competent, experienced and caring doctors I've ever met.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2018

He did my first well woman exam and it really made me feel at ease.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

My name is Shardae, I was twenty-five when my primary physician diagnosed me with a fibroid. As a registered nurse I knew what it was and the complications it could cause in my ability to conceive. My first thought was I was less of a woman because I had this substantial foreign body sitting on my uterus and I wanted to get it off. On the journey to get the fibroid removed I saw physician after physician, some stated they would have to remove my whole uterus, other said that the risk for bleeding was too high because of how big the fibroid was. I kept praying and doing research, and the Lord led me to Dr. William H Parker. I watched several of his procedures on YouTube, I read every testimonial on his website, and after that, I knew he was the doctor specially made for me. When I sat down with him, he made me feel comfortable, he explained the ins and outs of the procedure and walked me through the results of my MRI, Dr. Parkers office in San Diego was, and his staff was so sweet and easy to work with. A couple of months later it was surgery time, Dr. Parker's confidence, gentle touch, sense of humor and peaceful nature made it easy to relax during the preparation. Unlike some Doctors who you don’t see before or after surgery Dr. Parker made his presence known throughout my entire hospitalization, I honestly felt like a family member under his care. I would recommend Dr. Parker to any woman who has been diagnosed with a fibroid. His bedside manner is fantastic, he is beyond his peers in his ability to remove fibroids while keeping the uterus intact. My recommendation is if you are looking for a surgeon, who is knowledgeable, well rounded, caring and advanced he should be your doctor.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

About 5 years ago, I discovered I had fibroids rather incidentally. I never had any symptoms so i didnt bother to seek treatment despite being informed during every well woman exam since 2016 of how large they were becoming. Sometime in the middle of 2017 however, I began to have an increased need to use the restroom and a bulky feeling in my tummy. It all came to a head in January of 2018 when I started to look pregnant, my pant no longer fit at the waist and my energy levels were so low. The bulk in my tummy became even more obvious when I felt through. I was apprehensive because I've never been ill all my life to where i needed medical or surgical attention and being a clinician myself, I knew the implications of any decision I would have to make. I went to several consultations were I was adamant about preserving my fertility being 29 at the time. The issue with every doctor I saw was their eagerness to make a huge cut in my midline citing how big my fibroids were. They also couldn't guarantee that my womb will be preserved. That was when I began to research for a second opinion on fibroid removal, literally the name of Dr. William Parker's website. His passionate objection to hysterectomies got my attention. I read several testimonials and despite being in Houston and him being all the way in San Diego, I knew I had found the man to help me through this process. Luckily, the facility he works with takes my insurance so that encouraged me even more. When I met him, I was pleasantly surprised. To say that he is charismatic with the kindest eyes and smile, is an understatement. Mind you I was born and raised in Nigeria, Africa so meeting up with a consultant of his calibre could be intimidating to anyone let alone me. His demeanor is very disarming and he broke down what he observed on my MRI results with the highest positivity you can imagine! He made sure to highlight all the positives about my case to where any possible negative seemed miniscule! He explained that my fibroids, despite being so large, were few in number and had grown almost exclusively on the exterior of my uterus, leaving my uterus untouched and therefore there would be no need to enter the cavity during surgery. Boy, was that good news! I left the initial consultation so elated and encouraged knowing that I was in good hands. He kindly worked with me to book me for surgery at a convenient time seeing as I lived out of state. Fast forward to a month and half later, I came in for surgery and again was met with his kind reassuring words while he also knowledgeably explained the procedure to me. I vivdly remeber his kind touch, putting me in a calm state as I went under. When I came to, he had done just as he promised: a bikini line inscion despite the enormous size of the subserosal fibroid (38wks/15cm). He checked in on me all through my stay at the hospital - 2 days only and I was ready to go home. I'm currently 6 weeks post-op and I feel so blessed to have ever found his website. My energy levels are sky high, I'm exercising again and my tummy is flat, just as I remember it from before the fibroid! I have just returned from my final follow up and as always, Dr. Parker was his pleasant self and made me promise to let him know when I conceive! I'll be sure to do so Dr. Parker! To anyone reading this: if you are at your wits end on who to see about a fibroid problem, please don't go anywhere else. Dr Parker isn't just highly skilled, he is a gift to us. Like some other commenter mentioned, I do hope his residents are paying close attention because the world needs many more doctors like him! Thank You Dr. Parker!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

I am so thankful that I found Dr. William Parker for my Laparoscopic Myomectomy. I wish I had found him sooner! I had seen multiple doctors before I found Dr. Parker. None of the other doctors had the amount of knowledge Dr.Parker has regarding Fibroids. I was actually scheduled for open abdominal surgery with another doctor. The other doctor told me there was a risk of emergency hysterectomy. I knew there had to be a better way to be sure, so I cancelled with the other doctor. After that I found another OB/GYN who, after our first meeting, I liked a lot and she had great recommendations for me but she didn't perform Myomectomies herself. She had heard about Dr. Parker and gave me his contact info. I called Dr Parker's office the next day to schedule. I recall getting the email quickly with the list of steps to take to schedule a consultation from his office. I had to go get a MRI with and without contrast. That was a lengthy process due to the imaging center issues. But finally sent in all the required items to have a consultation with Dr. Parker. My consultation with Dr. Parker was such a relief. He reviewed my MRI with me in detail and discussed all the options that were out there. There were so many more options than any of the other Doctors told me about. Dr. Parker had journal articles on hand to discuss the science of the laparoscopic myomectomy procedure. He really is an expert in this field. I asked a list of questions and he had confident responses for all of them. With all the information he had shared with me I knew before I left my appointment that I trusted him 100% to be my surgeon. Dr. Parker was in the process of transferring to the UCSD Medical center from UCLA. I had to wait 6 months until he transferred to the new location to schedule surgery. It was hard to wait for me since my situation was getting more uncomfortable but I knew he was the doctor for me, so I waited. The transferring process was challenging with talking to two different medical offices but it all worked out in the end. I'm sure now that he is settled in San Diego the scheduling process has normalized. Surgery day at UCSD went smoothly. The entire Medical team took really good care of me to get me all ready for surgery and as soon as I saw Dr. Parker I knew everything was going to be okay. I took 6 weeks to recover and rest before returning to work. At all my post op appointments Dr. Parker had all the answers to my recovery questions and concerns. He coached me thru the ups and downs of the recovery process so I knew I was on track. Recovery is not lateral it goes up and down. I recommend patience to the other patients reading this. 😊 By my last appointment with Dr Parker I felt like he gave me my life back. No more worries. Words can't express how grateful I am! Thank you Dr. Parker! I hope this will help others to find their way to being Fibroid free with Dr. Parker's help.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2018

I had been dealing with fibroids for a long time and became anemic because of them. I went to a few specialists and none of them gave me the options that Dr. Parker did. They told me I needed an open myomectomy, but they were not confident or as experienced as Dr. Parker because they said there was a chance of it turning into a hysterectomy. Thank God I did my own research and found Dr. Parker! He was an angel and a blessing! He is my fibroid hero! I traveled from Los Angeles to San Diego to have my surgery with him because he knows exactly what he's doing and is very confident about the outcome. He really is the guru of fibroids! Even when I met with him for my consultation, he gave me other options to explore instead of surgery. I took some time to think about everything he told me and decided the best thing to do was to have the surgery because that would eliminate the problem for good. I had huge fibroids and he removed about 10. One of the most comforting things he does is using a pump after surgery to help with the pain. The pump is amazing! It automatically delivers anesthetic to the incision. Once I left the hospital I didn't even need to take the medications they gave me due to this device. Not taking the medications is a good thing because you won't feel groggy and it helps with not getting constipation as a side effect. All of this also helps you recover faster. I am so happy with the results. I love this man and his talented gift/expertise! He has excellent bed side manner and will take the time to answer all your questions and make sure you feel comfortable. When you mention his name at UCLA, they will all tell you he's the best and that you are in the best hands with him! It was so reassuring to hear that, and it made me less worried and anxious going into surgery. Dr. Parker was worth the time, money, and travel!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2018

It is very difficult to be frank about Dr. Parker without getting embarrassingly flowery and long-winded. Dr. Parker is a liberator of women, which in and of itself is ironic because he is a male physician. I expected more from the female physicians and got way less than what was available to me as Dr. Parker’s patient – a new lease on life. My first consultation with Dr. Parker in January 2018 was remarkable and soothing to say the least. He patiently listened to my story with genuine interest. He made notes for me on a paper that had the diagram of the uterus and fibroids. Unlike other doctors before him, he pulled my MRI, turned the computer screen towards me, and spoke to me like someone with a functional brain. He delivered a brief but thorough and easily understandable explanation of my uterus and fibroids, and which fibroids were likely culprits for my hemorrhaging. He gave me four treatment options including what I came for (i.e., abdominal myomectomy, YES!), and one option he would not recommend (focused ultrasound). He backed each option with scientific evidence. I left his office feeling like a gynecologist in charge of my own uterus. I received an outstanding education from Dr. Parker in 30 minutes that I could not get in 13 years of desperately wanting a solution. He was compassionate and was just extremely receptive, kind, and even humorous. Surgery was easy to schedule. His staff were phenomenal. I read his articles on OBGYN Management journal multiple times and incessantly watched his videos. I understood every step of the procedure. In mid-May 2018, I flew to San Diego and had the abdominal myomectomy. Morning of the surgery I was unafraid because I had a sense of control that Dr. Parker “handed to me” through his interactions with me and his website, videos, and publications. There were no secrets/unknowns. He assured me that his patients never required a transfusion. He was correct. I went in with a hemoglobin of 10.2g/dL and came out of surgery free of 15 fibroids with a hemoglobin of 9.7g/dL. Unbelievable! My recovery was quick. I did not need pain meds by post-surgery day 5, and my incision was healed by the end of the second week. My uterus is back to normal size. I did not have to lose it to a hysterectomy contrary to the advice of three other gynecologists. I am very pleased with the outcome. I cannot thank Dr. Parker enough. He is a God-send. He is very knowledgeable about fibroids and has an amazing track record of success that spans 40 years. I highly recommend him for treatment of fibroids.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

Beginning in my teenage years, I started to experience unusually heavy menstrual periods accompanied with extreme pain and vomiting. It was not unusual to stay home from school or work due to my menstrual cycle. At the age of 18, I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids. At that time, my gynecologist said not to worry and they remained small clusters for many years. During my early 30’s, a different gynecologist suggested Yaz birth control to reduce my growing fibroids. After six months, I stopped taking the birth control due to the alarming side effects. From then on, I tried diet, exercise, rest, and stress reduction, but my fibroids continued to grow at an unceasing pace. Once I experienced fibroid degeneration at the age of 37, I knew it was time for surgery. By that time, my fibroids had grown in considerable size to the point where I could feel and see them protruding from my abdomen. When my gynecologist strongly suggested a myomectomy, my search for an exceptional fibroid doctor began. As I sought to find the best doctor to fit my needs, Dr. Parker’s experience and dedication to fibroid research was the most impressive. The day of my first appointment, my nervousness was calmed by Dr. Parker’s personality and his easy-going disposition. He immediately lessened my fears with his reassuring words. He is an excellent listener, warm, personable, direct, and honest. My appointment was not rushed and I didn’t have to wait long to see him. He explained the size of my fibroids in detail and what to expect after surgery. Even though he relocated to San Diego, I traveled the distance from Los Angeles so he could perform the surgery and maintain my care. The morning of the surgery, Dr. Parker assured me that the procedure would go well and that I had nothing to worry about. 14 fibroids and weighing 5.5 pounds less, I awakened with a flat stomach for the first time in four years. Later that evening, Dr. Parker called to see how I was feeling and answered any additional questions that I had. Six weeks later, my scar barely visible, I have returned to my full exercise routine. I feel fantastic!!! I no longer have to hide my stomach. I now have the energy and upbeat attitude to tackle life no matter what situation is thrown my way. Dr. Parker embodies what every doctor should strive to be. He is a revered physician and teacher; he is matchless in his boundless medical knowledge, compassionate and thoughtful, with an unrivaled bedside manner. What a blessing I found him.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

"Dr. Parker has been such a blessing to me and my family during my battle with fibroids. After not being able to find a specialist in Northern California, I was referred to Dr. Parker's office in San Diego. After our initial consult, I immediately felt confident that Dr. Parker was the specialist I needed. Throughout office visits, pre-op appointments, surgery, and post-op, Dr. Parker was caring, genuine, competent and made me feel comfortable. I was very nervous about the surgery, and Dr. Parker was extremely helpful in calming my nerves. I could not have asked for a better experience! I highly recommend Dr. Parker. He is highly skilled and very good at what he does. Thank you for everything, Dr. Parker!"

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr. William Parker's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. William H. Parker is a board-certified Fellow in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Dr. Parker is a Clinical Professor at the UC San Diego School of Medicine and former Director of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery at the UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. He has been chosen for Best Doctors in America and Top Doctors since the late 90’s.

• English

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)

• Uterine fibroids