You may also like

Ratings for Dr. William Parker

I saw Dr. Parker in March 2013 to have an abdominal myomectomy to remove 11 fibroids with the largest being the size of a cantaloupe. Doctors in my city just wanted me to have a hysterectomy (in my opinion because it would be easier for them- lacked the expertise), but being 37 years old at that time and still wanting to have kids someday, I was not willing to have a hysterectomy. Dr. Parker was able to remove all of the fibroids, and stated that the cantaloupe size fibroid was the easiest to get. His knowledge, expertise, and skill is a vital asset to his patients and the medical community.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

I was seen by Dr. Parker from April 2014 until July 2015, when I had my fibroid removed. From start to finish, not only was Dr. Parker thoughtful and sentimental to the struggle it was to live with fibroids, he took the time to speak with me and my mother, via speakerphone, to explain what my surgical options were, the details of the surgery, as well as the length of time to heal/ what to expect. I almost get tearful thinking about how pleasant the process was with him, despite my fear of having to have surgery. I’m really grateful for Dr. Parker as he was patient and thoughtful. In my experience, sometimes the longer a medical professional has been doing his job the less engaging they are with patients and their families. The true doctors, the ones who take the time to see a human patient, not just a number, are rare these days. I’m so incredibly grateful that I did not have that experience, especially with a surgery so important to me. Thank you, Dr. Parker.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr. Parker removed 16 fibroids -- 2 the size of softballs -- and one large cyst on my ovary. He peeled back the cyst, removed it, then reconstructed the ovary. Having these finally out was life changing. There were physical changes -- I could breath easier and wasn't constantly fighting nausea -- and there were emotional changes. I literally woke up happy. Many women I've spoken to who have had their 'girl parts' altered or removed (NOT what Dr. Parker does -- he saves them!) said they experienced harsh emotions such as anger or sadness. I was the opposite. I felt amazing as soon as I woke up, calmer and happier than I'd felt in over a decade. It wasn't the drugs because now, 4 months later, I still feel this way plus my energy is through the roof and I'm thinner. There were no complications. Dr. Parker's surgery was perfect. Dr. Parker's philosophy on medicine: Return the patient to her previously healthy state. Simple, yet so few doctors have this view. I'm from Cleveland, Ohio and 3 OBGYN surgeons told me that I 'required' a hysterectomy for fibroid removal. Their excuses: 1. You don't need your girl parts anyway. 2. There might be too much bleeding if we attempt to remove ONLY the fibroids. 3. Lets eliminate the possibility of ovarian cancer. Synthetic estrogen is perfectly safe (so why don't the male docs. have their gonads removed and take fake testosterone for the rest of their lives if it's so great?) Finally, a doctor leveled with me. She was an OBGYN who had practiced for over 40 years. She explained that the real reason most surgeons don't want to take out ONLY the fibroids is because they simply are NOT skilled. Fibroid removal is a specialty. There are very essential nerves and blood vessels in that area -- Nerves that keep you continent and blood vessels that feed your organs. Dr. Parker has 30+ years experience doing over 100 fibroid surgery removals/year ( 3000+ surgeries). Advice for out-of-staters: Get a National Health insurance plan that covers out-of-state doctors. I got mine through Anthem. If you're worried about travel expenses to have surgery done away from home, it wasn't that bad -- an airline ticket, a car and 7-10 days stay via Airbnb was about $1000. Whatever you choose to do, I would highly recommend reading through Dr. Parker's web site before making a decision. VERY informative. Lastly, Dr. Parker is simply a wonderful, PROFESSIONAL, caring very smart man. I am so lucky he was my surgeon -- Dr. Parker was one of the best decisions I've made in my lifetime.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I've had fibroids for at least 20 years, but over the last 6 years my symptoms began to worsen. My periods were very painful; I was very anemic due to heavy flow; and the abdominal bloating/pressure and back pain were wearing on me. My period and the discomfort from the fibroids had taken over my life. I went back to my gyn only to be told that I needed to have a hysterectomy. When I opposed, I was told that I didn't need my uterus anymore and furthermore I should be concerned that the growth of fibroids could indicate cancer. I went for another opinion and was told pretty much the same. I was distraught, but it didn't push me to surgery as hoped. Instead I went looking and fortunately found Dr. Parker. He is nothing short of phenomenal. He reviewed my MRI with me; explained my options; and answered every question I had. As it turned out, I didn't need a hysterectomy and though it would have to be confirmed by pathology, he felt strongly that nothing in my MRI indicated cancer. Due to the size of my fibroids, I would have an abdominal myomectomy. Because Dr. Parker is exceptional, I benefited from the exceptional people that work with him. His office staff and staff at Santa Monica UCLA are the best of the best. I recently had my procedure and had 14 fibroids removed--no complications, no transfusion needed. I am 5 weeks post op and recovering well. My first period since the procedure was pain free, with normal flow. I am so happy that I found Dr. Parker. He saved my life by removing the fibroids and preserving my uterus! If you have fibroids, I highly recommend you see Dr. Parker. It was the best decision I ever made.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Dr. Parker gave me my life back. I only wish I had sought his expertise out sooner. I suffered from uterine fibroids for years before I finally took care of myself. If you're sitting there reading a bunch of patient reviews, scared about the news that surgery is your only treatment option, and looking for a doctor who you can trust to take care of you, know that you certainly are not alone. Being a physician myself, I used all of the tools at my discretion to find the right gynecologist for me. Thankfully, my now husband who also is a physician is found Dr. Parker. I normally don't write reviews, but this one is so important. Even if you've seen one gynecologist before, I sincerely encourage you to go see Dr. Parker. He is the kind of person that made me want to be a doctor when I was a kid. He is a gifted gyn. surgeon whose level of expertise far exceeds that of your average gynecologist. Plus, he has an impeccable, personable bedside manner. Dr. Parker makes it a point to explore all aspects of your medical condition and treatment options with you in detail. All of the time he spent preparing me and my husband was a huge stress relief. I went into surgery knowing what to expect, and with complete confidence and faith in Dr. Parker's hands. I recovered from my laparoscopic myomectomy without any complications. I feel incredibly lucky to have received my healthcare from such a rare gem of a physician. I have nothing negative to say about him. Two of my close girlfriends have also been his patients, and they couldn't be happier with his care. If and when my husband ever have a baby shower, we will definitely be inviting Dr. Parker!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I have never met a more personable, knowledgeable, confident, professional Doctor as Doctor Parker. My experience with him & his office staff was top notch. I am forever grateful to God that I found this doctor. He did what most doctors were telling me could not be done. I did not have any complications, and Doctor Parker followed up with me while I was hospitalized twice a day. I really appreciated his caring quality touch. He was very punctual and respectful of my appointment time. His office staff was so friendly , & they were just as personable as he was. Awesome job!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Dr William Parker is the best in the field. He has helped and helping many women. I definitely recommend him. He is an expert in his field. He did my abdominal myomectomy (Feb 29, 2016). Ladies, you have other options besides hysterectomy. Most GYNs do not have the skills and expertise like Dr Parker so most of the time physicians will just recommend hysterectomy. I am so glad I found him because I have my uterus intact. I was already scheduled to have my hysterectomy, but after consulting with him, I cancelled my surgery with my previous GYN.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

I feel like my perspective on fibroids and surgeons are different than most and that is why I want to share my experience with other women regarding Dr Parker. I sell a medication for Fibroids and I know most of the leading physicians in this field. I have actually been trained and seen and touched the equipment they use during surgery. Obviously I have a very informed perspective and I know the reputation and skill sets of the surgeons in this field. I had a previous consultation with another leading physician and I just didn't feel comfortable with him as I do with Dr Parker. I have been suffering with horrible cramps, pelvic pain and pressure for many years due to my fibroids. I looked like I was 5 months pregnant during my menstruation. But I grew up with my mom constantly telling me that this was normal and that she had them also. But it seemed like amongst my friends I was the only one who suffered so much during and right before her period, not to mention constant pelvic pressure all month long. Dr Parker informed me of all of my options and was very knowledgeable. He set the expectations out very clearly with amazing follow up on email and office visits. I think it is very important to know exactly what to expect and be prepared for post op and he gave me all the tools to do that. He has the best bed side manner of any obgyn I have been to. He was constantly reassuring and super confident in our outcomes. His surgery center was very well organized with some of the kindest most competent nurses and staff. Overall I could not have asked for a better experience. I had one huge fibroid and 2 smaller ones removed and some endometriosis excised. I already look and feel so much better 2 weeks post surgery. I highly recommend Dr Parker and I am excited to live a more comfortable life during and in between my menstruation.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr Parker was terrible! I was sent to him regarding my cysts and fibroids, he minimized my pain and sent me to orthopedics and physical therapy saying I had no reason to be in pain and nothing from my ovaries! I did everything he said spent thousands for nothing and just accepted I was going to live with my pain forever. He made me feel wrong for telling him I hurt. Well 2 years later thousands of dollars and to a point of limping when I walked no more gym ect moved to Texas went to gyn she did another ultrasound and I had a huge septated cyst on my ovary and Fallopian tube!! She thought it was cancerous and removed it via surgery! Then next day my pain was gone ! Dr Parker completely missed it ! Minimized my pain and my cyst ! He is one of the worst doc in America !!

Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr. William Parker's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Parker in March 2013 to have an abdominal myomectomy to remove 11 fibroids with the largest being the size of a cantaloupe. Doctors in my city just wa..."

May 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was seen by Dr. Parker from April 2014 until July 2015, when I had my fibroid removed. From start to finish, not only was Dr. Parker thoughtful and sentiment..."

April 29, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker removed 16 fibroids -- 2 the size of softballs -- and one large cyst on my ovary. He peeled back the cyst, removed it, then reconstructed the ovary. ..."

April 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've had fibroids for at least 20 years, but over the last 6 years my symptoms began to worsen. My periods were very painful; I was very anemic due to heavy flo..."

April 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker gave me my life back. I only wish I had sought his expertise out sooner. I suffered from uterine fibroids for years before I finally took care of mys..."

March 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have never met a more personable, knowledgeable, confident, professional Doctor as Doctor Parker. My experience with him & his office staff was top notch. I a..."

March 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Never have I trusted a doctor so much. Dr. Parker is top of the pops. Ladies, if you are suffering from fibroids, go see this man. You will not be sorry!"

March 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr William Parker is the best in the field. He has helped and helping many women. I definitely recommend him. He is an expert in his field. He did my abdominal ..."

March 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel like my perspective on fibroids and surgeons are different than most and that is why I want to share my experience with other women regarding Dr Parker. ..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Parker was terrible! I was sent to him regarding my cysts and fibroids, he minimized my pain and sent me to orthopedics and physical therapy saying I had no ..."

February 18, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker is one of the most compassionate, intelligent, skilled surgeons/physicians I have gone too. I would highly recommend him to any women suffering from..."

February 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker is an excellent physician! Not only is he extremely knowledgeable and an expert in his field, his is extremely kind an compassionate! I would recom..."

February 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Parker is a gifted surgeon; because of Dr. Parker I have a uterus, I'm 32 years old and I was told by several doctors that I needed a hysterectomy; Dr Parker..."

January 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am incredibly grateful I found Dr Parker. He performed my recent myomectomy and what would have been considered difficult for some, seemed routine for him. ..."

January 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am forever grateful for Dr. William Parker. From the moment I entered the office I felt at ease. Everyone from the reception staff to the nursing staff was ex..."

December 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It was one of the scarier things to confront- having a giant fibroid- and Dr. Parker truly blew me away with his expertise, kindness and amazing scientific know..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The most exceptional doctor experience I have ever had; living many years both in Europe and in the United States. He is not just a doctor, he is a researcher, ..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I discovered fibroid while I was pregnant with my first baby. My fibroid grew to 9cm while I was pregnant with my second baby. My OB doctor say I don't need to ..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After about a year of watchful waiting I knew it was time to have my three submucosal fibroids removed (largest was 6 cm). I had very heavy periods and also kne..."

October 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found out I have a 11 cm fibroid over a year ago. I have seen four OB doctors before I found Dr. William Parker. Three of them told me laparoscopic surgery ..."

September 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Almost a year ago during my annual pap smear exam, I was diagnosed with fibroids. I had no clue what those were but was told they are not cancerous. After an Ul..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My fibroids started becoming very problematic and started affecting my quality of life more significantly about 4-5 years ago. My symptoms were pressure, bloat..."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am truly grateful to Dr. Parker. Prior to visiting Dr. Parker I had seen numerous doctors who could not offer abdominal myomectomy because they all told me my..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I came to Dr. Parker following a diagnosis of a very large mass that my gynecologist believed to be a uterine sarcoma. I consulted with doctors in my area who i..."

August 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Words can't even express how grateful I am to Dr. Parker. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for nearly 2 years. We finally decided to get some ..."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.William Parker must I say his name again Dr.William Parker there is not enough words to describe Dr. Parker.I searched the Internet for the the best dr that ..."

July 31, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "asgadsgag asefe gqeg ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

July 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker performed abdominal myomectomy on me in June with great success. Last fall my gynecologist found I had numerous fibroids (largest one is ~10cm) and m..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker is great. I would have never done this surgery with someone else. I had 3 fibroids and Dr Parker was able to get them out through laparoscope. I lo..."

July 18, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I will give a 0 to the office staff. They work as though they are doing a favor for free to the patients even though it is their job and they are being paid to ..."

June 28, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "The review below: Can you please explain what this means: "and alwasy support hnin ined so"? It will be helpful if you can explain.."

June 15, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Good Doctor but took more time to meet and alwasy support hnin ined so "

June 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker is Cool! I went to four different doctors in my area and none of them would take out my fibroids because I was told they were too big and that I nee..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Though I live in Saint Paul, Minnesota, I came to know Dr. Parker in 2014 after learning I had an 8cm fibroid that was causing me to hemorrhage and feel trapped..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best Decision, Best Doctor EVER!! My ordeal began over five years ago when I started to frequent the bathroom much more often than normal. It was soon discov..."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "“Fibroids? What’s that?” I asked my gynecology nurse practionier. “Oh, it’s just a fibroid – it’s nothing to worry about.” Well, guess what – it apparently wa..."

April 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If I could create the ideal doctor in a laboratory, this doctor would be experienced, use the latest surgical techniques, be compassionate, kind, caring, and be..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My relatively harmless fibroids had grown quadruple in less than a year. I was told by my OBGYN that I needed a myomectomy. This would be my first real surgery...."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Piece of cake. I had a 3-pound, pedunculated fibroid removed via abdominal myomectomy. This is my very FIRST surgery, and needless to say I was terrified not ..."

January 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I knew my ordeal was over at my first appointment with Dr. William Parker. We looked at my pelvic MRI images on his computer and he explained about the fibroid..."

January 1, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He stole $20 000 from me and told me to take a hike. He is horrible and I hate him."

December 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "hen I found out I had a grapefruit size fibroid inside of my uterus, I was devastated. I am only 27 and a hysterectomy is just unthinkable. I conducted a lot of..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "When I found out I had a grapefruit size fibroid inside of my uterus, I was devastated. I am only 27 and a hysterectomy is just unthinkable. I conducted a lot o..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 33 year old woman with no children but do hope to have children one day. In 2007, while in law school, I fell ill and was extremely weak and dizzy. After..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "How i got my husband back.Am Stacey Bruno by name I never believed in love spells or magic until I met this spell caster once when i went to see my friend in In..."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I absolutely, without hesitation, recommend Dr. Parker. His credentials, expertise, and demeanor are of the highest standards and you will be in great hands! ..."

November 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I decided to seek Dr. Parker for a second opinion after my previous obgyn advised me to do myomectomy to remove my uterine fibroid. The worst part was, my prev..."

November 13, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He was the best gynecologist I have ever been to. all of the other ones were terrible and most of them were not as good. he made me feel super comfortable and h..."

November 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Four years ago, I was diagnosed with having a very small uterine fibroid less than 2 cm. Within 6 months it had grown to an alarming 10 cm. My gynecologist to..."

November 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am truly grateful to Dr. Parker, not only for the second opinion (actually, fifth) that he provided me but also for the “second chance” that he gave my uterus..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker was the seventh doctor that I had seen. My surgery was complicated, and I wanted to be in the hands of a great surgeon. I’m glad I waited. I had ve..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My small fibroid grew over the last eight years into multiple fibroids of 13 large and small, total 3 pounds, the size of 5 months pregnancy, the size which I c..."

October 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker took more time getting to know me and my symptoms and goals (and answering my questions) than any other health care professional I’ve ever met. He w..."

October 8, 2014
  • City changed from "SANTA MONICA" to "LOS ANGELES"

July 28, 2013