Facebook Pixel

Ratings for Dr. William Parker

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Don’t waste your time with others if you have a choice like Dr. Parker. First time that my OBG doctor at a time diagnosed me with fibroids was about 13 years ago. She said if it wasn’t creating any problems for me she could just monitor it which she did. However, a little over two years ago I started having extremely heavy menstrual bleeding, pain and discomfort and felt a huge lump in my belly which was making me feel uncomfortable doing regular life routines or laying down on my stomach. Ultrasound and MRI showed that I had one big 10-12 cm and two smaller 4cm fibroids. I started consulting with any doctor that was recommended to me by friends and family. During the two years before my surgery I consulted with 5 other OBGYN/Surgeons. As you can imagine it was a painful process. Almost all of them were just recommending what was probably just easy for them, hysterectomy, and not considering my situation and readiness to go through that. They were not saying they cannot do myomectomy, they were saying it is impossible! I was so depressed and frustrated. Long story short, I started googling about fibroid removal specialists and I saw Dr. Parker’s name and more than 250 positive reviews! I called the office right away. I sent them my MRI and they scheduled an appointment for me. Dr. Parker explained all the options for me and told me it’s only my choice that makes any option better than the others. I said I want to go with laparoscopic myomectomy. My surgery went extremely well with no side effects after that. The nurses were really nice and caring. Dr. Parker called me several times after the surgery which shows how thoughtful and responsible he is toward his patients. I was able to walk couple of hours after the surgery but per Dr.’s recommendation I took it easy for about two weeks. I went back to work after two weeks and started light workout (walking and light hiking) about a month after and regular workout two months after the surgery. And now it’s been more than three months that I enjoy the fibroid-less life! Thanks to Dr. Parker. I have been planning to write a review for Dr. Parker after my surgery, but every time I started writing I thought I could not explain in words how great this person is. I wish we had more doctors like him who are extremely knowledgeable and at the same time caring, humble with great personality.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted June 14, 2019

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Estoy muy contenta y agradecida por haber encontrado al Dr. Parker; mi caso comenzó hace aproximadamente el año pasado por el mes de octubre, estamos en proceso de adopción y por los exámenes médicos que nos solicitaron fui a visitar a un Médico Primario, quien fue quien me detectó un bulto en mi abdomen, el me envió a realizar un examen de ultrasonido y MRI, además me aquejaba dolores pelvicos, calambre en mi pierna derecha, dolor en mi espalda, mis sangrados eran excesivos. Cuando recibimos los resultados de mis exámenes nos llevamos la sorpresa que tenía un Fibroma tumor de 15 cm, el me dio inmediatamente el pase para una Ginecóloga aquí en Salinas Monterey CA del Hospital "Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare", no voy a decir su nombre, pero ella me recomendo dos opciones la primera era una histerectomia parcial y la segunda opción era una histerectomia completa a mis 35 años de edad, me sorprendio ya que le dije que eso puede afecta y darme una menopausia prematura y por ende tendría que tomar pastillas por el resto de mi vida por mis hormonas y estrógeno, y su respuesta fue tan absurda, que me dijo que NO, no se, si ella en realidad pensaba que era una persona ignorante o no se que pensar de esa Ginecóloga, ya que además me dijo que mi operación iba hacer como una cesaría, simplemente salí corriendo de su consulta sin programar ninguna visita por el resto de mi vida. Comencé a investigar y a buscar por una segunda opinión y me encontré con el Dr. Willian Parker, ley su página web, ley los comentarios sobre las cirugías que el ya había realizado y como el promulga la cirugía por laparoscopia, cirugía menos invasiba y riesgosa como lo es una histerectomía parcial o completa. Mi consulta fue el Lunes 18 de marzo; cuando fuimos a la consulta del Dr. Parker, me sorprendieron mucho, ya que me la dieron rápido, obvio que envíe copia de mi ultrasonido; el día de mi consulta el me dio mucha seguridad, ya que me informó detalladamente sobre mi caso, sobre mi fibroma, como tamaño, además me dijo que no son malignos, me detallo sobre el procedimiento iba a utilizar, como iba hacer mi cirugía, el tiempo, y además me ofreció de primera instancia la cirugía por laparoscopia pesar del tamaño de mi fibroma y localización; con mi Esposos nos sentimos con el muy confiables y seguros, nos dio tanta seguridad, que ese mismo día programamos mi cirugía. Mi cirugía la realizamos el 26 de abril del 2019, sin ninguna complicación, salí al día siguiente de mi cirugía porque no vivo en San Diego, sino en Prunedale California, mi recuperación fue rápida con dolores duré aproximadamente 4 días, solo tome por 3 días las pastillas para el dolor, me cuide tal cual me recomendó el Doctor Parker, ahora 26 de Mayo me siento muy bien sin ningún tipo de dolor pélvico, espalda o calambre en la pierna. Además quiero agradecer mucho a su Asistente Griselda, un amor de persona, ya que ella fue quien me ayudó con todo. El Dr. Parker es el mejor Médico Ginecólogo cirujano para operar vía laparoscopia los fibromas, y por lo poco que lo pude tratar es una execente persona, te brinda tanta seguridad y confianza que te dejas a primera instancia en sus manos. Que Dios siempre me lo bendiga Doctor Willian Parker.

Was this rating useful? 1

flag | Submitted May 26, 2019

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

If you have concerns/issues with fibroids you will not regret making an appointment with Dr. Parker. He and his team are the best I have ever come across: kind, compassionate, caring and Dr. Parker is highly skilled in what he does. He was able to remove a 25x20x7cm fibroid laparoscopically for me and it has truly changed my life! I thought I should only ever have surgery if it was life threatening... it turns out the positive outcome of this operation, while my fibroid wasn't life threatening, has changed my life so much (it's only been 3 weeks.) A huge weight has been lifted, not only physically but an energetically and emotionally. I cannot recommend him highly enough. Yes, pick up the phone and make an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 1

flag | Submitted May 20, 2019

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Dr.Parker is the most gifted surgeon when it comes to removing Fibroids . I am beyond grateful to have found him and to have him as my surgeon to remove my Fibroids. My journey with fibroids started two years ago when I felt bloated ,tired and looked pregnant . After an ultrasound I found out that I have fibroids (a word I had never heard before) After doing extensive research online I decided to have UFE procedure as I never had the heavy bleeding and my periods were normal. This is where it all went south. After waking up from that procedure I was told that I have an additional blood flow coming from my right ovaries feeding the fibroids and that I would have to redo the procedure again. (This was terrible news).Then within a few days after having UFE (my first surgery ever) I started having massive kidney pains along with abdominal pains, resulting into a 5 day hospital stay. Doctors were unable to figure out why I was having these issues . After that I went to see a urologist that did many tests and said I have hydronephrosis of the right kidney and massive scar tissue. Long story short I had to have a stent put in 3 different times over a 7 month period , surgery to help resolve this issue and I was in and out of the hospital 6 times. I was heart broken having gone in for a simple procedure to help with fibroids and then having major kidney issues as a result . After all this I still had my fibroids and they were growing. I went to 4 other doctors before finding Dr. Parker all of which said different things. Most had advised that I needed a total hysterectomy and would have to be cut open and left with a big scar as this would be a complicated surgery. I was scared to go through all this and was worried that once again I would have complications. Doing more extensive research I came across Dr.Parkers website and started having hope again after reading through many reviews. At my first visit with Dr. Parker my worries were put at ease. We went over my MRI extensively (which no other doctor had done with me) he answered all of my questions taking his time and he told me he can remove my fibroids laparoscopically and recovery would be about 2 weeks. This sounded fantastic and I was immediately interested in doing this surgery . He did not rush into it like the other doctors and advised me we need to wait until my kidney heals completely and then we can go forward. Once that happened we moved forward. The day of surgery I was very nervous but Dr. Parker assured me that all will be ok and I felt at ease hearing that. After surgery was over I felt better than I thought I would . Dr. Parker removed several large fibroids the biggest being over 9 cm. I had a bit of pain for about 2 days and then immediately started feeling better each day. It has been several weeks now since my surgery and I have more energy, my bulging stomach has gone down, my scars are tiny and are healing very nicely and I fell better then I have in years. Dr. Parker is the best surgeon in this field and I highly recommend him over anyone else. He is so gifted and is also a very warm and personable doctor. Thanks to Dr.Parker I can now move forward without having to worry about fibroids and take my life back again.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted May 5, 2019

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Maria A.C. (Lima Peru) Just twentytwo days after my laparoscopic myomectomy (March 6th 2019 )with Dr. Bill Parker, I feel strong and recovered and am feeling grateful and blessed to have had the best doctor and his wonderful team give me back comfort and feeling healthy again. As many of his previous patients have commented it was exactly the same for me, two gynecologists in Peru, where I live most of the year, had assured me my only option to remove my fibroids would be a hysterectomy. One of them said I no longer needed to keep my uterus anyway since I have my three children and no longer plan to be pregnant. I have friends that have recently trusted such advice and had hysterectomies for different, mostly non health threatening problems, and they are shocked at the immediate changes they have felt in their bodies. Hormonal changes and physical discomforts they had not been warned about. A few are quite upset about it and never expected such a big change. Knowing this and having done my own research I was convinced that unless there is a real reason that outweighs keeping your uterus intact these doctors were not giving me the advice I needed. Before deciding on surgery I had two appointments with Dr Parker, because one of my options was to just wait, since both my doctors in Peru and Dr Parker assured me the fibroids were no serious risk to my health, and that after menopause they most likely would begin to shrink naturally, but I have not started menopause and I didn’t want it to get worse before it got better, my fibroids were growing, I had three considerably sized ones and multiple smaller fibroids, the largest being over 8cms. It made me feel as if I was 5 months pregnant constantly, my stomach looked a little pregnant all the time and the pressure on my bladder was very annoying and interfered with my daily life. There were moments where the pressure made it difficult to relieve my bladder and it was very uncomfortable and worrying to think it might become bad enough that I would need to have a catheter inserted, as one of my friends had needed done during a trip and that had led to her having a hysterectomy immediately after. Deciding to have surgery for a non major health reason is not an easy decision and I had doubts and concerns, but meeting Dr Parker and talking to him really gave me the confidence to decide that this is what I wanted to do. I could not be happier with the decision. A total of five fibroids were removed, including the three large ones. And apart from the comfort of not having that pressure on my bladder, feeling lighter and fitter again, I appreciate having my stomach looking flatter and feeling comfortable in my clothes, the sutures were always surprisingly small and nicely done. The largest incision worried me aesthetically for the first 10 days but I was so happy with the comforts and result of my surgery that it seemed a very reasonable consequence that I was happy to accept, but by now even that minimum swelling and unevenness has gone down and the skin on that area looks smooth and even, I know the redness will fade slowly but already looks good. I am already recommending Dr. Parker to friends and family, I feel I was wise and fortunate to find him, his team is also wonderful and helpful and pre op and post op care and procedures were of the highest standard. Felt safe, cared for and protected throughout the entire process. Thank you Dr Parker!

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted March 28, 2019

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Dr. Parker performed a abdominal myomectomy "Fibroid removal" on 02/05/19. I found out I had fibroids 8 months before I got surgery. I live in Ventura County and I went to 3 different doctors locally and they all wanted to perform a hysterectomy. I did my research and I found Dr. Parker and I am so happy I did. He said I don't have get my uterus removed we could just remove the fibroids. I was so relieved this was an option for me since no other doctor gave me this option. He has a wonderful bedside manner and an excellent surgeon. I am still healing but it has been a wonderful experience. Dr. Parker and his staff are friendly, kind, professional, and super attentive to all your needs. I feel like I got my life back since surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted March 11, 2019

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

I did lots of research prior to choosing Dr. William H. Parker (I refer to him as The Wizard) to do my laparoscopic myomectomy. He and his staff are very knowledgable, informative, and simply awesome. My experience with Dr. Parker and his office was amazing from consultation until post op. If you're in the market for fibroid removal, I highly recommend this consummate professional. He was truly a Blessing to me and I urge any and everyone dealing with this situation to seek him out if at all possible.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted February 20, 2019

4
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Dr. Parker is one of the finest surgeons I have ever met. He recently performed a laparoscopic myomectomy for a 6 cm adenomyoma. Two and a half weeks out I am back to my regular routine and feeling fantastic. Having the tumor removed was a major life priority. Seeing Dr. Parker was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I wish I had made that decision much earlier. I cannot overemphasize the critical position Dr. Parker occupies in the treatment of uterine tumors (fibroids and adenomyoma) in America. My story of how I came to him is unfortunately typical for many women. After a lifetime of regular periods, I began having very heaving bleeding in 2014. I didn't understand what was happening to my body. I resented having to carry pads with me everywhere. I bled randomly. This greatly exacerbated the regular stress I felt at work. The first doctors I saw only ordered ultrasounds. They said I had one larger fibroid and two small ones. Because I was not inclined to have children, one doctor offered up hysterectomy as a panacea. He would remove the uterus and cervix through the vagina. No more bleeding, no chance of cervical cancer. All problems solved he said. But I was still in my mid-thirties and felt strongly against hysterectomy because I believed it would affect my body in very negative ways and harm the pleasure I felt during sex. That doctor suggested a Mirena IUD. The IUD could eliminate all bleeding. Fast forward to 2018. I was having constant light bleeding. Because my "fibroid" was submucosal it appeared to me I might be a good candidate for hysteroscopic myomectomy. I found a random gynecologist in the Phoenix area and asked her about this procedure. It seemed like a perfect solution. No abdominal incisions. Quick recovery. I asked her if I was a good candidate. She said yes and we scheduled the surgery. I asked if she wanted to see an MRI I had from 2016. She said it wasn't necessary. That should have been my first clue this wasn't a great idea. But the equipment manufacturer material made it sound like this procedure was a piece of cake. I woke up from surgery with the surgeon telling me she wasn't able to remove any part of the fibroid. The IUD was still in place. There had been a great deal of blood. She was afraid she'd punctured the uterus so she aborted the hysteroscopic myomectomy and performed an exploratory laparoscopic procedure to check for uterine damage. There I was in August 2018. Fibroid still in my body and possible pneumonia from my time in the hospital. In my post-op with her, she said she would have chosen hysterectomy for me, not hysteroscopic myomectomy. I had first learned of Dr. Parker in 2015. At this point in August 2018, I knew he was my only and best option. I had my Arizona surgeon order a pelvic MRI and mailed it off to Dr. Parker's office at UCSD. I met with Dr. Parker after he reviewed the MRI images. He spent a great deal of time with me and explained what he saw in the MRI images. He was fun to talk with. It's clear that Dr. Parker takes the symptoms of fibroids very seriously. He truly cares about his patients and the psychological pain symptomatic fibroids cause. Dr. Parker, based on my symptoms and our long discussion, recommended "watchful waiting". Interestingly Dr. Parker said I was not a good candidate for hysteroscopic myomectomy given the location of the fibroid far in the back of the uterus. His recommended surgical option was laparoscopic myomectomy. I told him I'd think about it. After talking with my husband, we decided to go ahead with surgery. I wanted to be done with this long nightmare. Dr. Parker was key to helping me end that nightmare. Thank you Dr. Parker!!!"

Was this rating useful? 2

flag | Submitted January 28, 2019

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

After living with a large fibroid for more than 2 years I finally found my way to Dr. William Parker. My fibroid had grown over the course of three years from 4cm to a whopping 13cm and although I tried every natural remedy under the sun including cleanses nothing was helping. I finally had to come to terms with either leaving it and waiting for menopause to shrink it or to have it removed. I chose not to do embolization because I don’t want the MRI dye in me for a second. And that wouldn’t have actually gotten rid of it anyway, it would only have shrunk it and even that wasn’t guaranteed. I saw 4 other OBGYNs over the last two years. Three of them said hysterectomy was likely and that I’d need to consent to that prior to surgery in case they felt it necessary once they were ‘in there’. One of them was even an Ayurvedically-aimed doctor. I was not feeling this at all. I found an OBGYN in La Quinta who referred me to Dr. William Parker. She said, if anyone can get this out, it’s Dr. Parker. I consulted my IVF doctor in Beverly Hills who said the exact same thing. My husband and I met with Dr. Parker and as quickly as I said ‘no way!’ to the other three doctors after meeting them, my husband and I said, ‘Yes. He’s our guy.’ You see, you either trust someone as a PERSON or you don’t. And THEN you can go and look up their professional reviews and records. Dr. Parker lay out the options and wasn’t trying to push any of them. And one option that was very much an option was to not do anything because menopause for me would be arriving in the next five years most likely. Well, I decided to do the myomecmtomy. Laproscopically. I was concerned about the scars because I’m self-conscious and live in California so I wear bikinis often. I decided that I should be mature about it and choose the option that was the safest and had the faster recovery time AND no overnight hospital stay. So that was my decision. We don’t live in San Diego. We live 2.5hrs away. So we arranged our pre-op to be the day before the day-surgery. Stayed at Torrey Pines Resort for 2 nights. I think it was Dr. Parker’s nurse Griselda who suggested we stay over the night after the surgery. Smart move. I was in at 9am and out by 6pm and went back to the hotel and slept. Up the next day and back home by 1pm. No fancy painkillers needed, Advil was all I took. I also used a thing called a Bemer Mat which I think significantly sped up my recovery. I was told by Dr. Parker two weeks later I was good to go and resume regular activity. I still took it easy but I was able to walk right away. I would recommend a week off and lots of rest and reflection. This is an emotional surgery. Lots of gunk gets stored in those fibroids of ours!! I am very glad I got to meet a doctor who one of the good ones. No nonsense, caring and does it because he loves what he does. If you have a fibroid and are thinking about it - I HIGHLY urge you to at least get a consult with Dr. Parker before he retires! Seriously. He’s not going to be doing this forever. I’m feel extremely fortunate that I was somehow led to him. I really wouldn’t have let any of the others touch me. You MUST trust your doctor implicitly when they are going into you. Best of luck to you. Drink lots of lemon water and lay off sugar, alcohol, caffeine before and after surgery (for a month if possible) to help you heal even better.

Was this rating useful? 1

flag | Submitted January 15, 2019

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Seven months ago due to lower back pain, abdominal bloating, pressure and pelvic pain, I decided to see a gynecologist in Los Angeles, and I was advised me to get an ultrasound​. After the ultrasound, I was told that I had three fibroid tumors. The gynecologist in question did not explain to me that fibroids are often benign, and I felt depressed and scared because I am still young and I would like to have children one day. After having researched about fibroids online, I learned that I do not have cancer, and ​they are often removed using laparoscopic myomectomy. I asked the doctor if she could remove them using laparoscopic myomectomy, and I was told that in my case it was not feasible to perform such a procedure due to the location of the fibroids, which would make them hard to remove using this procedure. However, I was not comfortable with the idea of having surgery because surgery would cause a large incision, and it was too invasive. Therefore, I decided to obtain a second opinion, and I began to search for a doctor who has extensive experience in the removal of fibroids. After having researched and called many doctors, I finally found a gynecologist in San Diego, and it was at that time that I found Dr. Parker. Through his website, I discovered a gamut of information regarding fibroids and how to treat them. His website was extremely informative, and after I met with Dr. Parker, he explained in detail how he could remove the fibroids using laparoscopy, which not only made me confident and comfortable​ but it made me feel safe. Dr. Parker talked me through the procedure and explained every detail to me so that I would feel comfortable, and he made sure that all of my questions were answered. My experience with Dr. Parker was extremely positive because he did not treat me like a number. I did not feel rushed. In fact, he even put me on his priority list due to my short time stay in the United States. After the procedure, I stayed one night at the hospital because I do not live in San Diego, and I had driven from Los Angeles to have the procedure done. The following day, I received a call from Dr. Parker. He wanted to find out how I was feeling, and on the follow-up​ appointment, he prepared a surgical report and pictures for me to take home in case I needed to see another doctor in Saudi Arabia. Now I am six weeks post-op from the laparoscopic myomectomy, and I feel great. All of the problems that I had experienced before the surgery are gone. I am very happy with the results and I only have small scars, which are not noticeable. I do not have large incisions on my abdomen. Dr. Parker is not only extremely knowledgeable, but he is kind and professional. He is an extraordinary physician and his staff provided me with the best care. I could not have asked for a better outcome and Dr. Parker went beyond my expectations in regards to care. He is one of the most caring and compassionate doctors that I have ever met, and I am blessed to have had him as my doctor. I am forever grateful. Thank you, Dr. Parker.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted December 13, 2018

Rate this Doctor

Dr. William Parker's Credentials



Accepting New Patients

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients


Biography

Dr. William H. Parker is a board-certified Fellow in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Dr. Parker is a Clinical Professor at the UC San Diego School of Medicine and former Director of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery at the UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. He has been chosen for Best Doctors in America and Top Doctors since the late 90’s.


Languages

  • English

Education

  • State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)

Other Specialties


Areas of Expertise

  • Uterine fibroids

Awards & Recognitions


    Publications & Research


      Insurance accepted by this Doctor

      Other patients have successfully used these insurance providers, please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.
      Henry Ford / HAP


      Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest health news and tips.