Ratings for Dr. William Parker

I am a registered nurse and have worked with many doctors and surgeons during my career. Without doubt, Dr. Parker is absolutely the best physician I have ever come across and I highly recommend him to anyone suffering with fibroids. I am 34 years old and was previously diagnosed with an intramural fibroid which had grown to 12cm x 15cm size and was causing fertility problems. The size and location of the fibroid had also caused me daily pain and bulk related symptoms. Seeing that I have not yet had children, I was strongly interested in preserving my fertility and maintaining my uterus intact. In my search for minimally invasive and/or fertility preserving options, I was elated to find Dr. Parker. From my first consultation to post surgery care, Dr. Parker made me feel heard and cared for. I was afraid that I would require a hysterectomy, but Dr. Parker assured me that he would be able to remove my fibroid and preserve my fertility. My abdominal myomectomy was free of complications and at 5 weeks post op my quality of life has already drastically improved. I am fully confident that I will be able to begin trying to start my family as soon as I am fully recovered. If I were to summarize an important piece of advice for any woman suffering with fibroids and looking to preserve their uterus -- Do not agree to a hysterectomy or any invasive gynecological procedure without first consulting Dr. Parker for his opinion and expertise on the matter. Dr. Parker is by far the most recommended gynecological surgeon and is highly regarded in the medical community. On a personal level, I would trust him with my mother and little sisters because of his expertise, bedside manner and willingness to thoroughly and patiently discuss all your concerns.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr. Parker is an exceptionally talented and caring doctor. I had a fibroid of 8.5cm along with several smaller ones. Before I got convinced to have a surgery, I tried many ways to shrink them naturally. I worked with a naturopath, a Chinese herbalist, even a Shaman for about a year and a half. At some point I was swallowing more than 20 “supplement” pills in a day. I visited several other OBGYNs among whom there were ones suggesting me to take Lupron, making me get several ultrasounds and no MRIs. When my bleeding got bad so much so that every month was a battle and fear of not being able to get out of bed for two days, passing out, feeling weak all the time, not being able to travel and exercise, I realized that natural methods were not going to be enough. I am usually quite physically active and decided that I didn’t want to feel weak and scared anymore. That’s when I had my phone consultation with Dr. Parker. He answered all of my questions (which were a lot) very clearly and patiently. He went over my MRI and said if I wanted to have kids in the future, laparoscopic surgery might be a little risky but still left the decision for me to have either laparoscopic or abdominal myomectomy. I am 33 and would like to have kids. After a few days of consideration, I decided to have abdominal myomectomy. I flew down to LA from Seattle for the surgery, everything after that was absolutely amazing. I had my surgery on June 13th, 2016, stayed at the hospital that day and went to my mother-in-law’s home the next day. During the surgery Dr. Parker made sure that my husband was getting informed about how everything was going. I didn’t have any pain management issues even right after surgery and I am still stunned with how easy post-op for me and how quick my recovery was. After surgery, Dr. Parker answered all of my questions and he was very accurate about how he was expecting my recovery to go. I also paid close attention to my diet and made sure I had health/nutritional foods that would help my recovery. 2 Month Post Surgery Update: My periods came back to normal 1 month after my surgery and I am happy as clam! I gained back my strength, health and happiness. Dr. Parker is still following up with me and keeps an eye on my recovery and I am grateful for him every single day of my life. If you would like to share your journey with a top notch doctor who will gain your trust by talking facts, educating you. being caring and kind, Dr. Parker should be on top of your list.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I'm am a ICU nurse and when I was told I had large fibroids that required surgery I immediately started researching the topic. The first two doctors I saw both recommend a hysterectomy and both told me I would need a cesarean type incision in order to remove all the fibroids due to their size and location. I then asked the top doctors in my hospital for recommendations and every one of them had Dr Parker at the top of the list. After switching insurances and primary MD's I was finally able to see Dr Parker. His office is efficient and well run. Dr Parker, himself, is wonderful. He is knowledgeable and kind. He answered all my questions and educated me on all the available options. He didn't seemed rushed and spent a lot of time with me, he also made himself available if I thought of any questions after leaving the office. My surgery went extremely well and Dr Parker was able to remove all my fibroids, while keeping my uterus intact, with a minimally invasive surgery. I am healing well and very happy with my experience. It was worth all the effort to have Dr Parker perform my surgery. I feel confident in recommending him to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Parker! You are beyond amazing, you are gifted and the use of your expertise is highly appreciated. Thank You on behalf of myself and all the other women that you have help and will be helping. To the ladies who are suffering from the painful experience of having fibroids, know what your realistic choices are!!! I choose forks over knives, however, after meeting with several different doctors I realized the only way to a normal life is having this fibroid removed. I am 34 years old, before the surgery I had a belly of 3-4 months pregnant woman, but it was the least of my worries. Some of the symptoms I was experiencing included but was not limited to extremely painful cycles, very painful during ovulation, my uterus was abnormally enlarged, bleeding constantly, anything would make me bleed, hot weather, a sip of wine, etc. UCLA Santa Monica nurses!!! Thank you very-very much!!! The outpatient OR nurses were beyond helpful and understanding. Did not feel like another case at all, perhaps,they treat you as if you are their only patient. Thank you Dr. Parker and the rest of the team. Dr. Parker is the best surgeon and most importantly he knows what what he is doing. He is responsible and caring. I hope he will stay in practice for many more years and teach the future generations. Recovery is very important too. It is easy!!! just FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS on his website for recovery. It works. My uterus was back in shape after 2 weeks of recovery. Dr. Parker my gratitude has no boarders toward your work and your personality. I hope UCLA appreciates you and your team even more. Thank You!!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

My gratitude towards Dr Parker is hard to put into words. Here's my story... At the age of 45, I was aware of the fact that I had fibroids. I had had them for years according to my oby. I was told they were the size of a pea. I could not feel them nor did they cause me any trouble. My cycle was regular and in my opinion, normal. In January 2015, things changed. I went on the pill for exactly 14 days. My body felt so completely out of control, I went off. A couple of weeks later, I could feel something was up but had no idea what to think. I actually thought I was pregnant. After many pregnancy tests, I made an appt. The fibroids had grown. The larger of the two was the size of an orange. The other was slightly smaller. My oby explained a few options to me. One was surgery. The other was to live with them if they were not bothering me. I could feel them but at that stage of the game, they were not bothering me to the point I would consider surgery. I made an appointment with my general practitioner. She prescribed bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. In my heart of hearts, I was not comfortable with this course of action but I was determined to try something. My thought, I would shrink those damn fibroids! Over the course of a few months, things got much worse. I began having more and more pain. The best I can explain the pain was I felt as if I were having menstral cramps all the time. My menstrual cycle was getting heavier and significantly more painful. I went back to the doctor. The fibroids had grown again. My oby suggested an MRI and gave me the names of a couple of surgeons to research. I was still not ready to face the idea of surgery. As the months passed, the pain became unbearable. Now, on top of the continuous cramps, my back was aching, I couldn’t sleep, I had to urinate constantly and my cycle was out of control in every way imaginable. I went for the MRI. The fibroids had grown yet again and now my oby told me my only option would be a supra cervical hysterectomy. I has heartbroken. I stopped the hormones and made an appt to see Dr Parker. I truly can not say enough about Dr Parker. He met with my boyfriend and I for an hour. He explained fibroids in depth, gave me several options and insisted I walk away and think about my choices. Bonus, a hysterectomy was not even on the table. One week later I made an appointment for laparoscopic myomectomy. My only complaint, if you can even call it a complaint, was Dr Parker is in such high demand, I had to wait four months for the surgery. And I completely understand why. Side note, I did see a Chinese Herbalist at some point along this journey. The herbalist guaranteed the fibroids would shrink in one year. I stayed on the (very expensive) herbs for about 6 months. The fibroids did not shrink. That said, the herbs helped tremendously with the pain. They made it possible for me to get some (not much) sleep and remain somewhat sane while I waited for the surgery. The surgery went flawlessly. Dr Parker and his team were unbelievable. Never in my life have I felt in better care. The entire team was kind, professional and highly skilled. The surgery was tough but recovery was quick. My back felt immediately better. I had a rough 48 hours and then quickly turned the corner. I took my first pilates class 10 days later. Yes I had to modify, but I was so happy that was even an option for me. It’s been about four months since the surgery and I am almost 100%. You immediately feel so much better. My belly remained sore (especially with any pressure) for a little over three months. It’s just now feeling completely normal. I feel normal again, yay! I honestly felt like I was carrying around aliens for that year. You could see them, you could feel them and they were such a nightmare. You don’t have to live like that. Dr Parker will take such amazing care of you. Don’t hesitate. I wish I had gone to see him immediately.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I cannot begin to describe how grateful I am to have found Dr. Parker to be my surgeon in the removal of my 27(!) fibroids. Before I describe my story, you need to know that I have always been the most diligent individual about my gynecological health. Since I was 15, I went to every annual check-up without missing the one-year mark by a day, I never took birth control pills, and I got my periods on the dot every 26-28 days. I wanted to make sure I was healthy so that when I decide to get pregnant, everything would be easy. Unfortunately, some things we simply cannot prevent. About a year ago, I realized something was wrong when my periods were so heavy that they prevented me from essentially functioning on at least one of the days during the cycle. I had numerous conversations with my OB/GYN at the time about it and each time he assured me that it was probably nothing and likely a result of flying between two cities too often. It was July 2015 when I called him the first time and I just had my annual check-up in February. After doing some extensive research on my own, I naturally panicked reading about fibroids, endometriosis and other horrors. Despite my fears, my doctor did not think it was anything. In November of 2015, my fiance finally convinced me to make an appointment with the doctor and do an ultrasound. During the appointment, my doctor had to only feel my stomach with his hands before he got a worried look on his face and asked me how old I was. "30," I said with my heart dropping when I heard his tone. He performed an ultrasound and promptly and coldly informed me that I have 4-5 fibroids and will need to monitor them to make sure they don't grow bigger. I felt like I got hit by a ton of bricks. How could this be? I had a healthy diet, I exercised, and I protected that part of my body so carefully my whole life. And most importantly, I was getting married in less than a year and more than anything I wanted to be able to have kids. I went to five different doctors before I found Dr. Parker. I was told my chances of getting pregnant could be slim to none, that I may need a hysteroctomy in the middle of my procedure, and that even if the uterus remains intact, the fibroids will inevitably grow back within a few months. I tried all types of low estrogen diets, spent thousands of dollars on naturopath doctors, supplements, and tests. Everything came back normal. Except my uterus, of course. I wanted to avoid surgery but after an MRI showed about 15 fibroids ranging in 1-9cm in size, I knew I had no choice. I was about to settle on a doctor who did not sound very optimistic when my fiance and I found Dr. Parker via a simple Google search. The information on his website and the reviews were so comforting that I had to meet with him. During my first appointment with Dr. Parker, I knew that I found "my doctor" who I could trust. He made me feel comfortable and assured that this was not the end and that if the surgery is done right, it will not hurt my chances of getting pregnant. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I trusted him completely right there and then. When I arrived for surgery, Dr. Parker met with me to see if I had any questions and again assured me that everything will be ok. You really don't know how important it is to have a doctor who is this caring until you are in the hospital preparing for a surgery that everyone told you could take away your ability to have children. When I woke up from the surgery, I was told there were 27 fibroids that were removed. I wanted to cry but I also felt a sense of relief when I was told everything went well. That night, after the general anesthesia wore off, Dr. Parker called me at the hospital to explain the surgery in details. During the entire recovery, Dr. Parker was always checking in on me and always available for any questions or concerns I had. I cannot express the amount of gratitude I have for Dr. Parker. I feel like I have my life back again. I feel energy, my periods have gotten much better, and I cannot wait to try having kids later this year. I was a step away from making the biggest mistake of my life and going with the wrong surgeon. Dr. Parker is simply a gift to women suffering with this terrible ailment and I urge you to talk to him first before wasting your time and nerves meeting with doctors who do nothing except terrify women into thinking there are no options. Thank you, Dr. Parker for your immense understanding, caring, and undeniable skills.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I saw Dr. Parker in March 2013 to have an abdominal myomectomy to remove 11 fibroids with the largest being the size of a cantaloupe. Doctors in my city just wanted me to have a hysterectomy (in my opinion because it would be easier for them- lacked the expertise), but being 37 years old at that time and still wanting to have kids someday, I was not willing to have a hysterectomy. Dr. Parker was able to remove all of the fibroids, and stated that the cantaloupe size fibroid was the easiest to get. His knowledge, expertise, and skill is a vital asset to his patients and the medical community.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

I was seen by Dr. Parker from April 2014 until July 2015, when I had my fibroid removed. From start to finish, not only was Dr. Parker thoughtful and sentimental to the struggle it was to live with fibroids, he took the time to speak with me and my mother, via speakerphone, to explain what my surgical options were, the details of the surgery, as well as the length of time to heal/ what to expect. I almost get tearful thinking about how pleasant the process was with him, despite my fear of having to have surgery. I’m really grateful for Dr. Parker as he was patient and thoughtful. In my experience, sometimes the longer a medical professional has been doing his job the less engaging they are with patients and their families. The true doctors, the ones who take the time to see a human patient, not just a number, are rare these days. I’m so incredibly grateful that I did not have that experience, especially with a surgery so important to me. Thank you, Dr. Parker.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr. Parker removed 16 fibroids -- 2 the size of softballs -- and one large cyst on my ovary. He peeled back the cyst, removed it, then reconstructed the ovary. Having these finally out was life changing. There were physical changes -- I could breath easier and wasn't constantly fighting nausea -- and there were emotional changes. I literally woke up happy. Many women I've spoken to who have had their 'girl parts' altered or removed (NOT what Dr. Parker does -- he saves them!) said they experienced harsh emotions such as anger or sadness. I was the opposite. I felt amazing as soon as I woke up, calmer and happier than I'd felt in over a decade. It wasn't the drugs because now, 4 months later, I still feel this way plus my energy is through the roof and I'm thinner. There were no complications. Dr. Parker's surgery was perfect. Dr. Parker's philosophy on medicine: Return the patient to her previously healthy state. Simple, yet so few doctors have this view. I'm from Cleveland, Ohio and 3 OBGYN surgeons told me that I 'required' a hysterectomy for fibroid removal. Their excuses: 1. You don't need your girl parts anyway. 2. There might be too much bleeding if we attempt to remove ONLY the fibroids. 3. Lets eliminate the possibility of ovarian cancer. Synthetic estrogen is perfectly safe (so why don't the male docs. have their gonads removed and take fake testosterone for the rest of their lives if it's so great?) Finally, a doctor leveled with me. She was an OBGYN who had practiced for over 40 years. She explained that the real reason most surgeons don't want to take out ONLY the fibroids is because they simply are NOT skilled. Fibroid removal is a specialty. There are very essential nerves and blood vessels in that area -- Nerves that keep you continent and blood vessels that feed your organs. Dr. Parker has 30+ years experience doing over 100 fibroid surgery removals/year ( 3000+ surgeries). Advice for out-of-staters: Get a National Health insurance plan that covers out-of-state doctors. I got mine through Anthem. If you're worried about travel expenses to have surgery done away from home, it wasn't that bad -- an airline ticket, a car and 7-10 days stay via Airbnb was about $1000. Whatever you choose to do, I would highly recommend reading through Dr. Parker's web site before making a decision. VERY informative. Lastly, Dr. Parker is simply a wonderful, PROFESSIONAL, caring very smart man. I am so lucky he was my surgeon -- Dr. Parker was one of the best decisions I've made in my lifetime.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I've had fibroids for at least 20 years, but over the last 6 years my symptoms began to worsen. My periods were very painful; I was very anemic due to heavy flow; and the abdominal bloating/pressure and back pain were wearing on me. My period and the discomfort from the fibroids had taken over my life. I went back to my gyn only to be told that I needed to have a hysterectomy. When I opposed, I was told that I didn't need my uterus anymore and furthermore I should be concerned that the growth of fibroids could indicate cancer. I went for another opinion and was told pretty much the same. I was distraught, but it didn't push me to surgery as hoped. Instead I went looking and fortunately found Dr. Parker. He is nothing short of phenomenal. He reviewed my MRI with me; explained my options; and answered every question I had. As it turned out, I didn't need a hysterectomy and though it would have to be confirmed by pathology, he felt strongly that nothing in my MRI indicated cancer. Due to the size of my fibroids, I would have an abdominal myomectomy. Because Dr. Parker is exceptional, I benefited from the exceptional people that work with him. His office staff and staff at Santa Monica UCLA are the best of the best. I recently had my procedure and had 14 fibroids removed--no complications, no transfusion needed. I am 5 weeks post op and recovering well. My first period since the procedure was pain free, with normal flow. I am so happy that I found Dr. Parker. He saved my life by removing the fibroids and preserving my uterus! If you have fibroids, I highly recommend you see Dr. Parker. It was the best decision I ever made.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Dr. William Parker's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)

• Bcbs North Carolina