Ratings for Dr. William Parker

This is a talented, kind and terrific doctor... if you have a fibroid you must go to him and hear what his experience has to say about yours. There are so many people who have written the most glowing reviews for the same reason I am here typing away sharing with you, An amazing doctor. Rare. A professional committed to the care of women. This is the man you go when you find you have these dastardly and havoc causing fibroids. I became severely anemic because I was running around with life, work and kids and just assumed my changing body would eventually stop bleeding as severely as it was. Duh. So typical of us not to get it looked at.. when I finally did go to my loving and trusted Gyn, she told me to have a hysterectomy. "You don't need all that in there".. I left her office pretty freaked out.. maybe I don't need it to make any more babies - but it's a place holder for SOMETHING. Sleepless late night research found Dr Parker.. and he's local! A bit of a bumpy ride getting the first appointment but all supportive and wonderful once in there.. Dr Parker sat with me and my test results and gave me carefully explained options with his photocopied almost cartoon like sketches that he scribbled over with his doctor pen and made notes. I chose "take that freaking thing out of me as soon and as bloodless as you can" option, which meant going through a hole he didn't have to make and chipping away at my very large vampire blob until it was gone. It took under two hours. Yes, having a hysterectomy would have been faster.. but it was important to me to keep her, I don't have cancer in my family and I'm older so the chance of it growing back is very little.. but if it does come back I can get a little shave instead of being a dummy head and waiting. Getting a second opinion and being responsible for your own Heath care is imperative in this time of rushed big surgeries and a big medical mess.. finding doctors like William Parker is what you need to do when you have been told something that just doesn't feel right. I am super thankful to this man!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

I had a myomectomy with Dr. Parker, and the results were very disappointing. To begin, please know that if you develop a rash and/or your surgical wound opens and is leaking fluid and/or pus( take pictures) this may be a sign of a infection If your surgeon does not want to treat you for the symptoms or attempts to suture the wounds, insist on a blood test and culture of the wound. Just suturing the wound in my opinion will not help if you have a staph infection or Hospital Acquired Infection. Within two weeks of surgery I developed a horrible rash and my surgical wound leaked fluid, and opened on more than one occasion. After an urgent care visit, numerous post operation visits to Dr. Parker, I found myself in E.R. Eventually, I was rehospitalized by another physician. Please seek out another Physician that will do a blood test and a would culture. It may not be in your best interest to provide the name of the surgeon who performed the surgery, as this may serve as a bias in the quality of care you receive, particularly if you know they know your surgeon. Above all listen to your instincts.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

Dr Parker's visit with me saved me an unnecessary surgery, unnecessary money spent, and unnecessary worry over my health!!! He is worthy of your Trust. Kind. Caring. Professional. Off the Charts in Patient Care!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

I didn't even know that I had a fibroid until I got pregnant with my first child and it grew to 7in diameter from the pregnancy hormones. Unfortunately I lost my baby from pre-eclampsia when I was 27 weeks pre-natal. I was left with a fibroid that was big enough for strangers to continually ask me when I was due. This was troubling from what I had experienced so I started researching and found Dr. Parker online and was grateful that he was a specialist and that he was in my vicinity. Even though the fibroid was huge, Dr.Parker was able to perform the minimally invasive (laparoscopic) myomectomy surgery. I was so happy that I wouldn't have to have the abdominal surgery! This was the best news I had heard in a long time. I was in and out of the hospital the same day! My recovery time was quick and he was very helpful in his instructions and knowledge. His skills and experience are unmatched!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I do not have the words to express my gratitude to Dr. William Parker but here goes… I was diagnosed with a fibroid tumor and according to a few doctors in Arizona, it was impossible to remove the tumor without removing my uteris. They stated that the fibroid was in a location that was too difficult to remove. I was very displeased to hear that a hysterroctomy was my only option. Plus, this information was coming from three female doctors. One of the doctors even refused to continue seeing me unless I was willing to have my uteris removed. However, due to my stubborness and willingness to keep my body part (uteris), I decided to research a doctors out-of-state for another options. Afer nine months of heavy bleeding, low iron, dry hair, tiredness, just to name of few symptoms, I found Dr. William Parker. My husband drove me from Arizona to Califonia to see Dr. William Parker. We were very excited about this appointment, I must say, and possibly my last hope to avoid a hysterroctomy. Prior to my appointment, I had sent him my MRI results, with a clear image of the tumor location. He sat down with my husband and I to discuss my tumor and my options. He advised us that he would be able to remove my tumor without compromosing my uteris. It sounded to good to be true. He answered all of our questions and we scheduled an appointment for surgery. On the way back home to Arizona I became emotional as I believed this was a miracle come true. I was very fortunate to have found a doctor that was confident in his in ability to remove a fibroid in which the doctors in Arizona stated that they were not able / unable to perform such a surgery. On the day of the surgery Dr. William Parker stopped by my hospital room to reassure me that everything would be ok. Sure enough, everything went smoothly. Actually, he informed my husband who was waiting in the lobby that the actual surgery took 20 minutes and went better than expected. I was very grateful with to have found such as brilliant, caring and confident doctor. I hope there were more doctors with the characterics of Dr. Parker. I am grateful for my experience with him and I would highly recommend him to anyone. Lasty, my husband wanted me to say that Dr. William Parker is THE MAN!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Wonderful experience with a highly skilled and personable doctor : I had a benign dermoid cyst on my ovary, so theoretically it is a very simple surgery, but because of some previous surgeries/issues, the surgeon would have to be very, very careful that ovarian tissue would be preserved when removing the cyst. I went to consultations with several gynecologists over the years, and most of them could not give me anything more than a probable favorable outcome, but still with an open surgery (i.e. I would spend months recovering from). When we were finally able to set an appointment with Dr. Parker, he assured us with his spotless surgical track record (not sure why other surgeons never brought theirs up...) and bonus!! while doing it laparoscopically (i.e. walking on day 0 and recovery within 2 weeks). Even though it's not a terribly complicated surgery, Dr. Parker still requested the operative reports from my previous surgeries and ultrasounds I'd taken (not the reports, but the actual images themselves that we had to request from the hospital), so he could have an accurate idea of what the situation inside was like. Such a thoroughness really stood out and impressed me when so many other surgeons were not so finely-detailed. The place where Dr. Parker operates (UCLA Santa Monica) is supposedly the best on the west coast, and it definitely shows. The facility is top-notch, with super knowledgeable, accommodating, and patient staff, and pretty awesome little perks as well (e.g. the hospital shift they have you change into is pretty sturdy and has this ability to attach to a warm air hose so you're not freezing as you wait). This translates to the operating room as well, because obviously better surgical equipment is more important than warm air hoses. You can tell the medical team that Dr. Parker has in the operating room also know what they're doing, and they do their best to keep you informed so you know what to expect at all times, whether you're in or out of consciousness. As Dr. Parker assured us, the surgery was successful!! Definitely a positive experience (best so far!) and highly highly highly recommend Dr. William Parker.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I was diagnosed uterine fibroids in Sep 2014 after I had prolong heavy bleeding with huge blood clots during my period. I started seeing gynecologists and tried to get different opinions. All ( five ) of gynecologists I have seen have told me that hysterectomy would be the best option for me since I am 45 and doesn't want any more child. One of gynecologists even asked not worry to loss an organ which I don't need it anymore. The fibroid really had my life changed. I couldn't concentrate at work during my period because of the heavy bleeding. The heavy bleeding made me so tired and even made me became anemic. I was really tired of wiping and changing pads frequently. I couldn't enjoy doing lots of activities I have enjoyed ( like Zumba dance, running..), I couldn't enjoy going out or attend some kind of party because it made me so worried if any situation could happen. The prolong heavy bleeding just made my energy so low and even made my heart rate went fast. I started searching doctors online and looked up more information about fibroid. After intense researching online, I found Dr. Parker, and it was so impressive how his website has covered all of information I need. I also found there are many patients from out of states have seen Dr Parker so I called Dr. Parker’s office and scheduled a consultation. I flew to Santa Monica with my husband on 10/21 ( I preferred to meet him in person ) . Dr. Parker reviewed the MRI with us ( he was the only doctor I have seen read MRI himself ) and assured me with great confidence that it's not cancerous, and he can do hysteroscopy to remove the fibroid in cavity because it has enough room. I felt so relieved after I met him because I know I have found the most knowledgable and experienced doctor who specialized in treating fibroids and I was confident about my next step. Dr Parker was genuinely patient and caring, answering all questions we have during the consultation. I decide to have hysteroscopic myomectomy so I took a week off from work and flew to Santa Monica with my husband. I had a very successful hysteroscopic myomectomy on Nov 2. The surgery only took about an hour due to the size of fibroid in cavity. Dr Parker talked to my husband right after the procedure to let him know the surgery went very well. He is a very sincere and patient doctor with a very great manner. We stayed at a hotel close to his office for a week. Dr Parker called me to check on me while I was staying at hotel. He is a very caring doctor. I recovered very fast and went to his office for a follow up a week after the procedure. I was doing very well after procedure. We flew back to Dallas TX after the follow up. I'm so thankful that I have found Dr Parker who has brought my life back. I highly recommend Dr. Parker to anyone who has suffered from uterine fibroid. No distance is too far to travel, to have a brilliant gynecologist like Dr. Parker. I'm so glad that I had made a very great decision to fly to Santa Monica to see him and have him to do the procedure. Just like Dr Parker told me " you don't need a hysterectomy ." I thank all the reviews his patients have written, and they have helped me so much to decide to see him and to relive some of my stress while I was looking for a best doctor. I'm so thankful that I'm his patient and can share my experience to others. Thank you Dr Parker!!! You have brought my life back!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

Dr Parker is a rock star surgeon and I can't thank him enough. We are now pregnant with our first child and we could not have done that without him.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Asha - San Antonio, Texas Dr. Parker was my sixth opinion. After suffering for three years with painful cramps, menstrual blood clots and prolonged bleeding I was exhausted. My hemoglobin dropped to 3.9. By then I had visited five doctors to see if there was any way they could remove the fibroid that was responsible for the bleeding. Every doctor I visited would not even look at ultrasound images. They would just hand me an information brochure about Da Vinci robotic Hysterectomy. They suggested hysterectomy is the best treatment as it is easier to take out the uterus than to remove a single fibroid . Nice explanation from a doctor. Many doctors are looking for guinea pigs and some patients like me don't want to end up as guinea pigs in the hands of unskilled surgeons. So my option was to look for a doctor who could study the images and then help me make a decision. I even consulted an UFE (Interventional Radiologist ) specialist prior to seeing Dr. Parker. I was not convinced when he said the UFE procedure could cause flu like symptoms , pain , cramping and it takes a long time for the body to expel the fibroid. I felt there got to be a way out and my quick internet search helped me find Dr Parker. I had a 6cm fibroid in the endometrial cavity (submucosal). When I first called Dr. Parker's assistant to schedule for a consultation she refused to give me an appointment. She mentioned that Dr Parker needs a pelvic MRI and screens his patients. I must thank his assistant for making me to go and get an MRI. The MRI did not indicate any cysts, lesions or hematome as the prior ultrasound report stated. I give credit to her . Then I just mailed the MRI disk and ten days later I got an email with the time for consultation. Dr Parker emailed me the images of the fibroid in the endometrial cavity and answered my questions. Towards the end of the conversation I requested him for the next consultation which was basically for the surgery (hysteroscopic myomectomy using a resectoscope). My surgery was scheduled and the surgery was done. My recovery was quick. Six hours after the surgery my bleeding and pain stopped and I was moving around. The doctor also kept my husband and son informed prior to and after the surgery. He is very kind and follows up with his patients. He is very experienced doctor who works with cutting edge technologies, equipment and tools and also makes the patient aware of the limitations and benefits of different types of surgical procedures. Dr Parker is doctor who truly takes care of his patients.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Parker is hands down one of the he best Dr’s I have seen. I went to several gynecologist in Orange County that assured me I needed a hysterectomy to remove my 15cm fibroid. I was not going to accept that for an answer and searched the internet for a Dr. that specialized in fibroids. I found Dr. Parker and was very impressed with him at my consultation. He was very knowledgeable and confident in explaining the procedure and aftercare. I scheduled my surgery but started hemorrhaging prior to my surgery date. Dr. Parker saw me and scheduled immediate emergency surgery. Surgery and aftercare went very well even though it was not a planned surgery. Dr. Parker was able to remove the large fibroid through my c-section scar which looks better than before. I am so thankful I found such an experienced specialist that was able to remove my fibroid without a hysterectomy or blood transfusion even though I had been hemorrhaging for 3 days prior to surgery. Dr Parker is an amazing he was a life saver for me! I am forever grateful! If you are able to schedule your surgery with him I would definitely recommend to do so you will be very happy and fibroid free!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Dr. William Parker's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)