You may also like

Rate Dr. William Parker

Dr. William Parker's Ratings

Dr. Parker performed abdominal myomectomy on me in June with great success. Last fall my gynecologist found I had numerous fibroids (largest one is ~10cm) and my size of uterus was about the size of a 12 week pregnancy. The fibroids caused very heavy bleeding and anemia. I consulted with two gynecologists with many years of practices in Austin. Both doctors suggested hysterectomy for my growing fibroid problem. I was told by the two doctors removing the fibroids is a much bigger, much more complicated surgery than hysterectomy and it did not work on my case.
Fortunately, I came across Dr. Parker’s website while I was researching online. Dr. Parker’s website is very informative on fibroid and fibroid research. I immediately contacted Dr. Parker’s office and mailed my MRI reports and CD to seek for a second opinion. Thankfully I was able to get an appointment quickly and it was the best thing ever. At the initial consultation, Dr. Parker showed me the fibroid MRI images and took time to explain all the treatment options on my case, what to expect and the advantages of each option. He also thoroughly answered any questions that I had. Dr. Parker made me feel comfortable right away. He is very knowledgeable and nice. I knew he was the doctor I would trust to actually do the surgery so I decided to go with abdominal myomectomy option.
Eight weeks later I flied back to LA. I had pre-op lab work and pre-surgery appointment with Dr. Parker on Friday. I had myomectomy the following Monday morning at 10:00 at UCLA medical center. Dr. Parker came into the pre-op room to see me before the surgery. The surgery went on very well and took about 1.5 hours. Dr. Parker removed 13 fibroids of various sizes with minimum blood loss. I stayed at UCLA medical center for two more days till Wednesday. I was able to walk to the bathroom the night of the surgery. Dr. Parker stopped by every morning and called me every afternoon. He is very kind and caring with incredible bedside manner. I was discharged the third day and was able to walk back to the apartment four blocks away from UCLA medical center. At day 5, I went back to Dr. Parker’s office and Dr. Parker removed the ON-Q pain pump. The nurse removed my suture at day 7. I stayed in Santa Monica for about 10 days after surgery. From the 3rd day I was out walking around the neighborhood every day and walking helped a lot on recovering. I felt better and stronger each day. I went back to work three weeks after surgery. My heavy bleeding/anemia problem is solved. Also my back pain which bothered me for years is also gone after the surgery! I just went back to Dr. Parker for 6 weeks post-op visit and everything goes well. My uterus size is back to normal. I even did a 3.5 mile hike at Santa Monica Mountains the day after the office visit!
Dr. Parker is the best doctor I ever experienced. His office staff are all very nice and helpful. I feel extremely fortunate to have met Dr. Parker to perform myomectomy on me. I highly recommend Dr. Parker to any women who are bothered by fibroids and look for a second opinion or treatments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2879828].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Parker is great. I would have never done this surgery with someone else.
I had 3 fibroids and Dr Parker was able to get them out through laparoscope. I lost my baby at 22 weeks because of these fibroids and my wish was to be able to get pregnant again. I was very nervous about the surgery but Dr Parker was great and took very good care of me during surgery. And guess what, I am 37 weeks pregnant right now thanks to him. I could have not asked for a better doctor. He always listened to my concerned, answer all my questions, answer my emails very fast and even called me next day after the surgery to make sure everything is ok. I am glad I flew across the country to have this surgery with him.
Thank you Dr. Parker!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2869904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I will give a 0 to the office staff. They work as though they are doing a favor for free to the patients even though it is their job and they are being paid to do it!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2851297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

The review below: Can you please explain what this means: "and alwasy support hnin ined so"?
It will be helpful if you can explain..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2838410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Good Doctor but took more time to meet and alwasy support hnin ined so

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2837257].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

Dr. Parker is Cool!

I went to four different doctors in my area and none of them would take out my fibroids because I was told they were too big and that I needed a hysterectomy. After reading a few books on hysterectomies I decided that was not the route I wanted to go. During this time it just so happened I came across Dr. Parker's website a second opinion. After reading through the reviews such as you are now doing. I made an appointment and within three months I was fibroid free. I am still healing, but I have no regrets, it was the right decision for me. I hope this helped.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2790422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Though I live in Saint Paul, Minnesota, I came to know Dr. Parker in 2014 after learning I had an 8cm fibroid that was causing me to hemorrhage and feel trapped in a struggle with anemia, fatigue and depression. Had it not been for the FDA's Safety Communication five months earlier discouraging the use of power morcellation in removing fibroids, I might never have found my way to Dr. Parker's pleasant Santa Monica office and into his exceptional care.

As a thirty-five year-old mother of two school-aged children, I was desperate for relief from my fibroid symptoms so that I could support my children through their own medical challenges. At a time when I needed compassionate care and minimally invasive treatment options to get back on my feet quickly, I was disheartened to find doctors who seemed rushed, ill-informed and under-confident in providing the care I needed. Both of the highly recommended surgeons I met with in my area cited the flawed FDA analysis that I might have a 1 in 350 chance of spreading an undetected uterine cancer if I decided to have the fibroid removed laparoscopically.

The first OBGYN I saw said he would be willing to attempt a myomectomy, but expressed a strong preference for a hysterectomy by removing my uterus, fibroid, and cervix through my vagina using a scissor and scalpel. When I asked in shock if such a radical-sounding procedure would require removing my fallopian tubes and ovaries, he replied that he could "take" those as well, if I wanted. The second OBGYN I saw agreed that due to the cancer risk - again citing the FDA's flawed analysis - a hysterectomy was the safest option, but suggested she could remove the fibroid through a navel incision with a scalpel - a procedure she admitted (after I asked) she had done only once.

What a relief to find Dr. Parker after entering the words "fibroid" and "cancer" into a Google search. His website is a gift to women like me, filled with reassuring information supported by well-designed peer-reviewed studies, all of which calmed my fears about having a sarcoma. As impressed as I am with Dr. Parker's research and clinical expertise, what impresses me more is his kindness and willingness to be an ally for women. Not only did he (and his website) reassure me that my chances of having a sarcoma were small (more like 1 in 1,500) and that he could remove my fibroid laparoscopically, he reassured me that it is both reasonable and wise for me to want to keep my uterus.

Working with Dr. Parker has been a pleasure. He started all of our appointments on-time, allowed plenty of time for discussion and questions and treated my husband and me with warmth and respect. My husband said it felt great for a doctor, especially a surgeon in high demand, to feel so present during appointments and at no point make us feel rushed. Dr. Parker and his staff made every effort to help us feel at ease before, during and after the surgery. He spoke with my husband immediately after the surgery and reported that everything had gone perfectly. I had minimal blood loss and no complications.

At my post-op appointment he shared with us that during the surgery he found a small paratubal cyst and a few small spots of endometriosis. He removed the cyst and sent it to pathology along with the fibroid (both of which were benign) and cauterized the endometriosis. I felt as if I'd had a gynecologic tune up. At the end of the appointment he walked us out and offered a heartfelt goodbye that made it clear this man loves what he does and realizes the difference his empathic care makes in the lives of his patients.

Now, eleven weeks after surgery, I'm full of gratitude to have steadily improving health, to have energy again to do the things I love, and to have my uterus. Not only has Dr. Parker helped me heal from having a fibroid, he's helped me heal from the experience of finding a surgeon to remove it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2790074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Best Decision, Best Doctor EVER!!

My ordeal began over five years ago when I started to frequent the bathroom much more often than normal. It was soon discovered that I had a small pedunculated fibroid. Instead of rushing into any type of surgery we decided to take the "wait and watch" route.

In follow-up checks, my relatively small fibroid was continuing to grow but strangely enough and to my excitement my symptom had disappeared. Being that it was now not symptomatic, we continued to just wait and monitor it.

Time went on and my health insurance changed as did my doctor. In seeing my new doctor, I was strongly advised to leave the fibroid alone and not consider surgery. I was told removing it would cause much more damage and more complications than leaving it there. I was also told that the surgery could have a negative impact on trying to get pregnant, as removing it could cause damage to my uterus. I do not have any children yet but plan to, so hearing this scared me even more. I sincerely believed this doctor and therefore was now extremely afraid of surgery.

I still continued to have it checked and knew it had to be growing because not only did I feel it but I saw it protruding from my belly. My doctor was still insistent on leaving it alone and told me it wasn't any bigger. (Never was an MRI suggested to truly gauge the size).

This fibroid was now looming over me daily. Each morning laying in bed I'd see this large bump, I knew it couldn't just stay in there, this wasn't right and was causing me nothing but grief and anxiety! The stress of this was increasing, my need to frequent the bathroom returned but now being so terrified of this surgery, I was frozen! So I just continued to suffer feeling I had no option.

...But...it couldn't stay in there much longer. As my belly started to grow and grow I knew something had to be done.
I started researching on the internet hoping to find an answer, the right answer, my answer and thankfully I DID! I came across Dr. Parker's website and in an instant knew...here is my answer! Not even having met him yet, I already felt such a sense of relief in just knowing there is a doctor/surgeon out there who is such an expert in this field. I called immediately. Once my required MRI was completed, I scheduled my appointment and met with Dr. Parker. To my dismay, my fibroid grew to 20cm! Dr. Parker was not concerned nor shaken by the size. In fact, he even said he could possibly remove it laparoscopically. I decided to have it removed abdominally but WOW, to say you can possibly remove such a large mass laparoscopically speaks such volumes to Dr. Parker's immense skill and ability! He exudes such confidence and made me feel so comfortable, so at ease, so relaxed.

This fibroid, this surgery that I feared for so many years, I now was eager to tackle and get rid of once and for all!...and this is because of the wonderful doctor I had before me! He gave me such strength. I knew all was going to be fine in his capable and skilled hands.

Surgery went without a hitch. Of course the morning of, I was a little anxious but when Dr. Parker came to see me before going in, his calming spirit quickly put me in a relaxed state of mind. My hospital stay was only two nights and was very pleasant, as were all of the nurses/staff. Dr. Parker saw me each morning and called each night.

Recovery has gone great. I am just amazed at the low level of discomfort I experienced after having a nearly "Five Pound" fibroid removed! Because Dr. Parker cares so much and wants to keep his patients as comfortable as possible, he places a pain pump (that stays in for about five days) which automatically releases an anesthetic directly into the incision site to manage, control, nearly eliminate pain. It's awesome! I never had the need to take any pain meds. My first week post-op I was already moving about on my own with little trouble. I attribute this to Dr. Parker's remarkable and gentle surgical skills. Amazing. Simply Amazing! I feel fantastic and I'm finally fibroid free!!

Dr. Parker really is unlike any other. He genuinely cares about his patients and restoring their lives. He truly is a blessing! To be in his care is an honor!

Thank You Dr. Parker for giving me my life back. This huge weight both literally and mentally has been lifted and I can breathe free again! You are my hero!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2781370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

“Fibroids? What’s that?” I asked my gynecology nurse practionier. “Oh, it’s just a fibroid – it’s nothing to worry about.” Well, guess what – it apparently was something to worry about…

Over time I had noticed a large lump on my abdomen and started experiencing slightly heavier periods. My gynecologist ordered an ultrasound and discovered multiple fibroids. He then placed me on Provera supposedly to turn off further menstruation and referred me to a surgeon. Unfortunately, it took nearly four months to get in to see the first of several surgeons. During that time the Provera, which was supposed to have stopped my cycles so as to prevent heavy bleeding did just the opposite. I ended up with non-stop extremely heavy bleeding everyday with fist sized blood clots. It was terrifying to say the least.

When I finally had my appointment with the surgeon I was told my uterus was comparable to a 22 week pregnancy and there were “too many fibroids to count.” The surgeon explained I would have to have at least 4 blood transfusions and a minimum of two surgeries, and even then there was no guarantee I would be able to keep my uterus. I began looking for another surgeon for a second opinion and during this time I had collected my medical records from both the surgeon and my regular gynecologist and found other “phantom” Doctors had been consulted on my case without my knowledge. My records were full of comments such as, “Forget about it – keeping the uterus is out of the question”, “She should have a hysterectomy”, “Patient appeared paralyzed regarding surgery decision”, and “If does not utilize donor eggs/IVF, then total abdominal hysterectomy only.”, and finally, “that boat has already sailed”.

I found another surgeon for a second opinion on my case. This Doctor ordered an MRI and was able to at least tell me about the number and sizes of the fibroids. Unfortunately, he continually explained that he did not truly know if my tumors were cancerous or not and wanted to perform a surgery right away. He stated his method would be a large vertical incision during a minimum six hour long surgery in which I more than likely would lose the uterus anyway, or be left with “a non-functional piece of salami” for a uterus.

After seeing several Doctors I was frustrated and at my wits end. I started searching the internet for information on fibroids and came across Dr. Parker’s website fibroidsecondopinion.com. I decided to forward a copy of my MRI to Dr. Parker not even sure I would ever receive a response. A few days later, I received a phone call from Dr. Parker’s office stating he would like to take me as a patient and I scheduled a phone consultation. The phone consultation was incredible – I had a list of over 20 questions I had sent to Dr. Parker before our phone call and he took the time to answer every single one of them and not once seemed rushed or impatient with me. I knew that this was the Doctor to perform my surgery even though I had never met him face to face. I immediately booked a surgery.

My family truly thought traveling from Denver to Los Angeles to have a surgery was absolutely crazy, and there were many unfounded fears and irrational arguments but in the end it was the best decision I have ever made. Dr. Parker repaired my enlarged 21 week sized uterus with multiple subserosal and intramural fibroids including one endometrial polyp -- and I still have my uterus, and I didn’t have to have a single unit of blood during surgery.

Dr. Parker was truly amazing. He checked in on me twice a day while in the hospital. He called me every evening to see how I was feeling. I was out of the hospital within three days and was able to walk, go out to restaurants, and walk the beach. I would highly recommend Dr. Parker. He definitely goes above and beyond. Dr. Parker put sunshine back into my life, a spring in my step and a smile on my face and I feel like I have my life back again. Words just can’t describe how thankful and blessed I am to have found Dr. Parker.

If you are like me and are frustrated, scared, confused, and just feeling hopeless about your fibroid situation take it from me: there is hope and miracles do happen. Be strong and don’t be afraid – get a second opinion from Dr. Parker!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

If I could create the ideal doctor in a laboratory, this doctor would be experienced, use the latest surgical techniques, be compassionate, kind, caring, and be personable and responsive to my needs. Dr. Parker is this doctor and much more, the kind of doctor that I did not think even existed prior to meeting him. He is a doctor that really does care about women and the issue of fibroids. My nickname for him is the Fibroid King, and he truly lived up to that in every way-I cannot recommend him enough.

I was diagnosed with a fibroid approximately 7 years ago. For those 7 years, I had decided to try to manage the fibroid with acupuncture, diet, and herbs until I reached menopause, hoping then that it would shrink on its own. For most of those 7 years I felt I was successful, and although it had grown to the size of a grapefruit, it did not cause me problems that were not manageable, until about 6 months ago. All of a sudden it felt much larger and it was much more bothersome, causing intense pressure on my bladder, backaches and fatigue. I decided to explore my options. I found Dr. Parker online and made an appointment. Upon meeting him, I was extremely impressed with not only his experience and knowledge, but the amount of time he spent with my husband and I, explaining everything we needed to know about the possible surgeries I could have and also the choice to not have surgery. I then saw a doctor that my primary doctor referred me to, just for a comparison. I left that doctor’s office crying! I was actually appalled at the lack of professionalism compared to Dr. Parker. It was then that I knew that Dr. Parker was the only doctor for me.

Three weeks ago he performed an abdominal myomectomy to remove my very large fibroid (cantaloupe sized!) from the wall of my uterus, and I could not be happier that I had him perform this operation.

Although I am 53 years old and do not need to preserve my uterus for childbirth, I wanted to preserve my ‘original equipment’. Throughout the entire process Dr. Parker could not have improved a thing-he is so skilled and experienced and he really does listen to your every concern and question. The amount of time he takes with you as a patient made me feel like I was his only patient. I’ve never met such a down to earth, caring and intelligent doctor. The entire process at the hospital was wonderful, and I was able to leave the next day after the surgery. Since then the wonderful care and attention has continued and the healing process has been going along beautifully. I could not be happier with the decision I made and am looking forward to living my life fibroid free!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2779292].votes_count ]]