Ratings for Dr. William Parker

Dr Parker's visit with me saved me an unnecessary surgery, unnecessary money spent, and unnecessary worry over my health!!! He is worthy of your Trust. Kind. Caring. Professional. Off the Charts in Patient Care!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

I didn't even know that I had a fibroid until I got pregnant with my first child and it grew to 7in diameter from the pregnancy hormones. Unfortunately I lost my baby from pre-eclampsia when I was 27 weeks pre-natal. I was left with a fibroid that was big enough for strangers to continually ask me when I was due. This was troubling from what I had experienced so I started researching and found Dr. Parker online and was grateful that he was a specialist and that he was in my vicinity. Even though the fibroid was huge, Dr.Parker was able to perform the minimally invasive (laparoscopic) myomectomy surgery. I was so happy that I wouldn't have to have the abdominal surgery! This was the best news I had heard in a long time. I was in and out of the hospital the same day! My recovery time was quick and he was very helpful in his instructions and knowledge. His skills and experience are unmatched!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I do not have the words to express my gratitude to Dr. William Parker but here goes… I was diagnosed with a fibroid tumor and according to a few doctors in Arizona, it was impossible to remove the tumor without removing my uteris. They stated that the fibroid was in a location that was too difficult to remove. I was very displeased to hear that a hysterroctomy was my only option. Plus, this information was coming from three female doctors. One of the doctors even refused to continue seeing me unless I was willing to have my uteris removed. However, due to my stubborness and willingness to keep my body part (uteris), I decided to research a doctors out-of-state for another options. Afer nine months of heavy bleeding, low iron, dry hair, tiredness, just to name of few symptoms, I found Dr. William Parker. My husband drove me from Arizona to Califonia to see Dr. William Parker. We were very excited about this appointment, I must say, and possibly my last hope to avoid a hysterroctomy. Prior to my appointment, I had sent him my MRI results, with a clear image of the tumor location. He sat down with my husband and I to discuss my tumor and my options. He advised us that he would be able to remove my tumor without compromosing my uteris. It sounded to good to be true. He answered all of our questions and we scheduled an appointment for surgery. On the way back home to Arizona I became emotional as I believed this was a miracle come true. I was very fortunate to have found a doctor that was confident in his in ability to remove a fibroid in which the doctors in Arizona stated that they were not able / unable to perform such a surgery. On the day of the surgery Dr. William Parker stopped by my hospital room to reassure me that everything would be ok. Sure enough, everything went smoothly. Actually, he informed my husband who was waiting in the lobby that the actual surgery took 20 minutes and went better than expected. I was very grateful with to have found such as brilliant, caring and confident doctor. I hope there were more doctors with the characterics of Dr. Parker. I am grateful for my experience with him and I would highly recommend him to anyone. Lasty, my husband wanted me to say that Dr. William Parker is THE MAN!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Wonderful experience with a highly skilled and personable doctor : I had a benign dermoid cyst on my ovary, so theoretically it is a very simple surgery, but because of some previous surgeries/issues, the surgeon would have to be very, very careful that ovarian tissue would be preserved when removing the cyst. I went to consultations with several gynecologists over the years, and most of them could not give me anything more than a probable favorable outcome, but still with an open surgery (i.e. I would spend months recovering from). When we were finally able to set an appointment with Dr. Parker, he assured us with his spotless surgical track record (not sure why other surgeons never brought theirs up...) and bonus!! while doing it laparoscopically (i.e. walking on day 0 and recovery within 2 weeks). Even though it's not a terribly complicated surgery, Dr. Parker still requested the operative reports from my previous surgeries and ultrasounds I'd taken (not the reports, but the actual images themselves that we had to request from the hospital), so he could have an accurate idea of what the situation inside was like. Such a thoroughness really stood out and impressed me when so many other surgeons were not so finely-detailed. The place where Dr. Parker operates (UCLA Santa Monica) is supposedly the best on the west coast, and it definitely shows. The facility is top-notch, with super knowledgeable, accommodating, and patient staff, and pretty awesome little perks as well (e.g. the hospital shift they have you change into is pretty sturdy and has this ability to attach to a warm air hose so you're not freezing as you wait). This translates to the operating room as well, because obviously better surgical equipment is more important than warm air hoses. You can tell the medical team that Dr. Parker has in the operating room also know what they're doing, and they do their best to keep you informed so you know what to expect at all times, whether you're in or out of consciousness. As Dr. Parker assured us, the surgery was successful!! Definitely a positive experience (best so far!) and highly highly highly recommend Dr. William Parker.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I was diagnosed uterine fibroids in Sep 2014 after I had prolong heavy bleeding with huge blood clots during my period. I started seeing gynecologists and tried to get different opinions. All ( five ) of gynecologists I have seen have told me that hysterectomy would be the best option for me since I am 45 and doesn't want any more child. One of gynecologists even asked not worry to loss an organ which I don't need it anymore. The fibroid really had my life changed. I couldn't concentrate at work during my period because of the heavy bleeding. The heavy bleeding made me so tired and even made me became anemic. I was really tired of wiping and changing pads frequently. I couldn't enjoy doing lots of activities I have enjoyed ( like Zumba dance, running..), I couldn't enjoy going out or attend some kind of party because it made me so worried if any situation could happen. The prolong heavy bleeding just made my energy so low and even made my heart rate went fast. I started searching doctors online and looked up more information about fibroid. After intense researching online, I found Dr. Parker, and it was so impressive how his website has covered all of information I need. I also found there are many patients from out of states have seen Dr Parker so I called Dr. Parker’s office and scheduled a consultation. I flew to Santa Monica with my husband on 10/21 ( I preferred to meet him in person ) . Dr. Parker reviewed the MRI with us ( he was the only doctor I have seen read MRI himself ) and assured me with great confidence that it's not cancerous, and he can do hysteroscopy to remove the fibroid in cavity because it has enough room. I felt so relieved after I met him because I know I have found the most knowledgable and experienced doctor who specialized in treating fibroids and I was confident about my next step. Dr Parker was genuinely patient and caring, answering all questions we have during the consultation. I decide to have hysteroscopic myomectomy so I took a week off from work and flew to Santa Monica with my husband. I had a very successful hysteroscopic myomectomy on Nov 2. The surgery only took about an hour due to the size of fibroid in cavity. Dr Parker talked to my husband right after the procedure to let him know the surgery went very well. He is a very sincere and patient doctor with a very great manner. We stayed at a hotel close to his office for a week. Dr Parker called me to check on me while I was staying at hotel. He is a very caring doctor. I recovered very fast and went to his office for a follow up a week after the procedure. I was doing very well after procedure. We flew back to Dallas TX after the follow up. I'm so thankful that I have found Dr Parker who has brought my life back. I highly recommend Dr. Parker to anyone who has suffered from uterine fibroid. No distance is too far to travel, to have a brilliant gynecologist like Dr. Parker. I'm so glad that I had made a very great decision to fly to Santa Monica to see him and have him to do the procedure. Just like Dr Parker told me " you don't need a hysterectomy ." I thank all the reviews his patients have written, and they have helped me so much to decide to see him and to relive some of my stress while I was looking for a best doctor. I'm so thankful that I'm his patient and can share my experience to others. Thank you Dr Parker!!! You have brought my life back!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

Dr Parker is a rock star surgeon and I can't thank him enough. We are now pregnant with our first child and we could not have done that without him.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Asha - San Antonio, Texas Dr. Parker was my sixth opinion. After suffering for three years with painful cramps, menstrual blood clots and prolonged bleeding I was exhausted. My hemoglobin dropped to 3.9. By then I had visited five doctors to see if there was any way they could remove the fibroid that was responsible for the bleeding. Every doctor I visited would not even look at ultrasound images. They would just hand me an information brochure about Da Vinci robotic Hysterectomy. They suggested hysterectomy is the best treatment as it is easier to take out the uterus than to remove a single fibroid . Nice explanation from a doctor. Many doctors are looking for guinea pigs and some patients like me don't want to end up as guinea pigs in the hands of unskilled surgeons. So my option was to look for a doctor who could study the images and then help me make a decision. I even consulted an UFE (Interventional Radiologist ) specialist prior to seeing Dr. Parker. I was not convinced when he said the UFE procedure could cause flu like symptoms , pain , cramping and it takes a long time for the body to expel the fibroid. I felt there got to be a way out and my quick internet search helped me find Dr Parker. I had a 6cm fibroid in the endometrial cavity (submucosal). When I first called Dr. Parker's assistant to schedule for a consultation she refused to give me an appointment. She mentioned that Dr Parker needs a pelvic MRI and screens his patients. I must thank his assistant for making me to go and get an MRI. The MRI did not indicate any cysts, lesions or hematome as the prior ultrasound report stated. I give credit to her . Then I just mailed the MRI disk and ten days later I got an email with the time for consultation. Dr Parker emailed me the images of the fibroid in the endometrial cavity and answered my questions. Towards the end of the conversation I requested him for the next consultation which was basically for the surgery (hysteroscopic myomectomy using a resectoscope). My surgery was scheduled and the surgery was done. My recovery was quick. Six hours after the surgery my bleeding and pain stopped and I was moving around. The doctor also kept my husband and son informed prior to and after the surgery. He is very kind and follows up with his patients. He is very experienced doctor who works with cutting edge technologies, equipment and tools and also makes the patient aware of the limitations and benefits of different types of surgical procedures. Dr Parker is doctor who truly takes care of his patients.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Parker is hands down one of the he best Dr’s I have seen. I went to several gynecologist in Orange County that assured me I needed a hysterectomy to remove my 15cm fibroid. I was not going to accept that for an answer and searched the internet for a Dr. that specialized in fibroids. I found Dr. Parker and was very impressed with him at my consultation. He was very knowledgeable and confident in explaining the procedure and aftercare. I scheduled my surgery but started hemorrhaging prior to my surgery date. Dr. Parker saw me and scheduled immediate emergency surgery. Surgery and aftercare went very well even though it was not a planned surgery. Dr. Parker was able to remove the large fibroid through my c-section scar which looks better than before. I am so thankful I found such an experienced specialist that was able to remove my fibroid without a hysterectomy or blood transfusion even though I had been hemorrhaging for 3 days prior to surgery. Dr Parker is an amazing he was a life saver for me! I am forever grateful! If you are able to schedule your surgery with him I would definitely recommend to do so you will be very happy and fibroid free!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Dr. Parker is truly a Godsend physician. If you are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable physician who is an expert in the removal of fibroids, Dr. Parker is the one for you. I can’t say enough about how pleased I am with Dr. Parker.  He removed over a dozen fibroids from my uterus and I had no pain from the very first day of surgery and throughout my five week recovery.  To say that Dr. Parker is a great doctor is an understatement.  His knowledge on the subject of fibroids is unsurpassable. I am so glad that I researched and found Dr. Parker and even more grateful that he was available to perform my fibroid removal surgery.  If you have any doubt about a previous diagnosis from other doctors, please don’t hesitate to go and see Dr. Parker.  He is simply the best and I consider myself blessed to have found him.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

Five months ago, my situation looked very bleak with no solution in sight, I was living with excruciating pain, heavy bleeding, chronic anemia and very poor quality of life resulting from multiple fibroids for 4 long years. I consulted with up to 5 OBGYN doctors in 2 different states and they all gave me one option—total hysterectomy, a couple of them looked me in the eye and said, ‘attempting myomectomy with these many fibroids could be fatal, there would be uncontrolled bleeding during surgery’. Of course I became very nervous, considering that this was going to be my second myomectomy- the first was totally blotched 4.5 years ago by another surgeon who left almost 70% of the fibroids behind after the surgery because they were too ‘’deeply embedded in the cavity’’ – his words!. I was undeterred and hoped that there’s got to be a doctor out there with a different opinion. I sought referrals from friends, family and searched the internet and one day, I found Dr. Parker’s website with his patient comments—after reading many of their stories, I was ready and willing to make the long travel to Santa Monica to know if my case would even be considered. I sent copies of my MRI and ultrasound to his office and with the help of his amazing staff, particularly Christina, I was able to finally see Dr. Parker. The moment I walked into his office and talked to him, I knew I had come to the right surgeon. He was very thorough at my initial consultation and was pretty confident about the prospects of success. I found Dr. Parker to be extremely kind and easy to talk to, also, his confidence about the procedure was pretty reassuring, he put me at ease and assured me that myomectomy isn’t ‘Rocket Science’ and that he would be able to remove every single one of my 32 monstrous fibroids! It was simply unbelievable, best news I’ve got in 4+ years! I had my surgery a few weeks later under his excellent expertise and care without a single drop of blood transfusion. Following my surgery, I received the best post op support possible; Dr. Parker and his residents called and visited with me at the hospital despite their very busy schedule. After I was discharged from the hospital, Dr. Parker continued to check on my progress via telephone and addressed every single question and concerns that I had. I still continue to benefit from the huge resource available on Dr. Parkers website for my post op care. I couldn’t have asked for a better surgeon. I have made excellent progress in just 3 weeks and beginning to enjoy normal life again. Ladies, if you’re reading this, your search just ended. Please, don’t delay, take advantage of Dr. Parker’s top notch experience and skills, he is a gift to us all. Don’t subject yourself to an unwanted hysterectomy, get a second opinion from Dr. Parker—I have my quality of life back, and I got to keep my precious uterus! It’s a win win situation. It doesn’t matter where you’re travelling from or who you are, you will receive an up to date and well informed expertise from Dr. Parker just as I did. It is so awesome not to constantly plan my life around my crazy pre myomectomy heavy cycle anymore. I can’t thank Dr. Parker enough for his delightful care and essentially giving me back my quality of life!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr. William Parker's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)

Healthnet