Ratings for Dr. William Parker

I was identified to have an enlarged uterus due to adenomyosis which caused heavy menstrual bleeding in year 2011. The 3 gynecologists I had visited at that time all suggest open hysterectomy. After internet search, I found Dr. Parker's website and really liked his philosophy of saving uterus from unnecessary hysterectomy. Since then I visited Dr. Parker annually. While I was in "watchful wait" Dr. Parker prescribed me medicine to help control the heavy menstrual bleeding. Unfortunately, my uterus has grown fast within recent half year and therefore I decided to remove the uterus after consultation with Dr. Parker. He performed Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy on me two weeks ago. The surgery removed my 22-week size uterus successfully through 3 small cuts. I didn't need to use any pain medicine since I was discharged from surgery center. On top of Dr. Parker's expertise on minimum invasive surgery he is also a very caring and gentle doctor, always replies my emails quickly, answers my questions patiently to relieve any concerns I had about the risks of the surgery. While my husband was in waiting area of the surgery center with other patients' family members, he noticed that Dr. Parker was the only doctor who came down to the waiting area to update surgery results to the family members. I give all the credit to Dr. Parker's meticulous and excellent surgical skills for my speedy recovery. Dr. Parker is the best doctor that I have ever met! In fact he was voted the “Best Doctor”.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Christy-Vancouver, BC. Canada I first contacted Dr. Parker in 2011. I was 40 yrs old and suffering from rapidly growing pendunculated fibroids. My symptoms were in my opinion severe. Basically my quality of life had diminished so much and I was in constant pain and looked about 6 months pregnant. Being Canadian I sent my MRI to Dr. Parker for a second opinion, we had a phone consultation, at the time his recommendation was an abdominal myomectomy. I was hoping for something less invasive and had never had a surgery before, I was not open at the time to an abdominal myomectomy. He went into great detail as to why the abdominal myomectomy would have a more successful outcome based on the position of the fibroid. I chose a surgeon in Vancouver in 2011 to perform a Laproscopic myomectomy ( Big Mistake!). I have to say in the recovery room after my laproscopic surgery I did feel instant relief from the pressure on my bladder. I had felt like I had a constant bladder infection for two years. When I spoke to the surgeon after my surgery he had informed me they were not able to get the entire fibroid but had hoped it would relieve my pain and as I was older (40) it would no longer grow. Well....guess what My mother reached menopause at 55 so that's about 15 yrs for the thing to grow back if I go through menopause the same time she did. Anyhow.... I went for an MRI in October 2016 as I was having trouble with bowel movements as well as emptying my bladder. It turns out the fibroids had grown back with a vengeance. I had been going to acupuncture twice a week for two years, no caffeine, no alcohol. month long cleanses! As Dr. Parker says we don't know why these things grow! But they do... I did NOT want a hysterectomy. This massive growth was on the outside of my uterus and not causing heavy bleeding. I had 5 doctors in Vancouver, BC recommend a total hysterectomy. Ovaries, Uterus and cervix, when I asked why they said that this is what the college of physicians and gynaecologists recommend. My thought was well that sounds like it was written in 1950 then. According to the MRI this growth was massive and growing rapidly with heterogenous cells(degenerating fibroid). I decided I am out of here!! I was not satisfied with any options offered to me(Canada) and contacted Dr. Parker once again. With one botched surgery under my belt I was not going to attempt another one even if it was free!! He ordered a new MRI with the gat dye and two LDH blood tests, everything came back normal. My previous surgery in 2011 the pathology was all normal and benign. the surgeon at the time used the power morcellator. I have three kids and my surgery date was March 27th, 2017 with Dr. Parker. Honestly... the best thing I have ever done for myself. If you don't have your health you really have nothing. From the moment I met Dr. Parker I felt this massive, emotional sense of relief. I had a strong feeling in my gut my case was complicated and I was right, it was. My surgery was four hours. Dr. Parker called a Urologist in to dissect the fibroid that was wrapped tightly around my ureter. If it had grown any larger it would have been a huge emergency .My 20 by 17 by 21 fibroid was from one stalk that was attached to the outside of my uterus .Dr. Parker himself said he had never encountered another case like this. I thank God every day for the internet and this site. Finding him gave me my life back and I am fibroid free, I have never felt better! He was beyond caring and did his homework. UCLA was an outstanding hospital. I was only in two nights and the pump he put in the incision is amazing, I had way more pain with my laproscopic surgery in 2011. I started running last week, I have lost 10 lbs., my eyes are no longer blood shot. My scar is well below my bikini line and incredibly thin. Honestly if you are suffering from fibroids this surgeon is truly amazing!! WE are lucky to have him here for woman's health. By day four after surgery I was out for dinner in LA and getting my hair done. Dr. Parker is beyond remarkable. I am now 6 weeks post op and can barely see the incision. My only regret is that I didn't follow through with his recommendation in 2011 and save 5 years of my life. March 27, 2017 surgery

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Maria - Columbus, Ohio I apologize for the long post, but I want to include as many details as possible. I am a healthy vibrant 48 year old woman who suffered from uterine fibroids for many years. The fibroids started off really small and were not causing any problems so my physician in Ohio told me that we would just continue to monitor them. Over the years, the fibroids grew in size and number. I began experiencing very heavy periods. At this point my OB-GYN referred me to a specialist here in OH. They both recommended a hysterectomy. I was apprehensive because I’d never had major surgery and I don’t even take any medications, aside from an inhaler that I use sparingly. I wanted to try to find a natural remedy to my problem. The years went by and my bleeding increased to the point where I could not even take a car trip to the grocery store without bleeding all over myself. Work was almost impossible. Events and parties were interrupted or missed. I traveled around with extra clothing and an entire pack of sanitary pads. Unbelievably to some, I was still against the hysterectomy. I believe the uterus has many other vital functions for women than just childbirth. Needless to say I became extremely anemic. My hemoglobin ranged between 6 and 9. I received iron infusions, but it was like putting water into a bucket with holes. My abdomen looked like I was pregnant. My uterus was the size of a 5 month pregnancy. I reluctantly agreed to get a Depo-Provera injection to help with the bleeding—big mistake. My fibroids grew and I began bleeding EVERYDAY. After searching the web I came across Dr. Parker’s website. I read the ENTIRE site. After viewing the videos and reading all the information I knew he was the Dr. for me. I was so excited when he agreed to take my case! I flew out for a face to face consultation and was impressed with Dr. Parker and his amazing staff! Dr. Parker spoke to my husband and I in his office rather than an exam room. He was very genuine and personable. It was well worth the trip. If I could have had the surgery that very day I would have! However, I had to wait about two months to get onto the schedule due to the holidays and high demand for Dr. Parker. On the day of surgery the hospital staff was efficient. Not only did Dr. Parker speak with me before surgery, so did ALL members of the surgical team. The procedure took approx. 3 hours, Dr. Parker removed 44 fibroids from my uterus!!! I was not aware there were so many! I had several types of fibroids: Intramural, Submucosal, and one pedunculated. He texted the surgical pictures to me after viewing them with me at my bedside. I was not in any pain, thanks to the On-Q pain pump. On the day of surgery I slept a lot but was able to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. On day two I walked the halls. I had moderate bleeding. The pain consisted of sharp shooting pains on both sides of my abdomen. Still I did not have IV pain meds, just Toradol tablets. Bowel movements were slow to resume for a few days, but the stool softeners helped. Still I had no major pain! Once out of the hospital, I did not take the narcotics, I only used Ibuprofen. Dr. Parker recommended walking and doing normal activities, so that is exactly what I did. I stayed in Santa Monica for several days because I wanted the post op exam to be done by Dr. Parker. The nurse practitioner painlessly removed my pain pump and suture—yes it was ONE continuous suture! The incision looks like a thin scratch. During those days between surgery and my appointment with Dr. Parker, I was able to enjoy WALKING around Santa Monica and even attended a taping of the Price Is Right!!!! (I felt so guilty). This was THE BEST decision I’ve ever made. It IS NOT too good to be true. The website is accurate and Dr. Parker is an internationally known, well-published sensation! My only regrets are not finding him sooner and not being called on stage as a contestant on the Price Is Right!! I hope this is helpful to you. Best Wishes!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I wish there were more doctors like Dr. Parker! I have been previously told by three gynecologists that the only option for my multiple fibroids (including the bigger one of 10 cm) is to have a hysterectomy. My thoroughness and a desire to save the organ that I was born with, drove me to research even more. I was so lucky to find Dr. Parker’s website. After reading all the information and watching a video of his surgery, I decided to schedule a consultation with him. They say that the first impression is very important in order to make your decision about a doctor. I immediately felt trust toward Dr. Parker from his competence, confidence and composure. He assured me after reviewing my MRI results that all tumors were benign. He gave me a few options: watchful waiting, laparoscopic myomectomy or uterine artery embolization. He answered all my questions exhaustively and beyond. He devoted as much time as I needed without rushing. I left Dr. Parker’s office very inspired and confident that he is the only doctor I will have as my surgeon. I will never regret that decision. The surgery went perfectly and the staff in the hospital was very friendly and caring. The doctor reviewed the procedure with my husband and me before the surgery. The nurses kept my husband updated during the whole process and the doctor went over the details with my husband personally after the procedure. Instead of three fibroids, that were initially planned to be removed, the doctor removed five. He called me the next day to make sure that I was fine and has continued to monitor my progress. I cannot express enough how much gratefulness I have toward Dr. Parker. He is a gifted doctor from God. I have already recommended him to my friend who has fibroids and I would especially recommend Dr. Parker to women who still want to have children and who were told that it would be impossible because there is only the option of having a hysterectomy. Dr. William Parker will change your life for the better!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I cannot begin to express my gratitude to Dr. Parker. I was in terrible pain and discomfort and it was hurting my relationship s with all of my family and friends. Months of research led me to the best choice, Dr, William Parker. I knew I had the right surgeon but I was still worried about what was the right procedure (4" inch fibroid, Adenomyosis, Age 56 no pregnancies.) Just days before my surgery I was in tears. Dr, Parker assured me that I did not have to do ANY procedure if I felt this scared (my condition was not life threatening) and he then took extra time to make sure I understood the 4 or 5 other major methods for my issue. I've never had so much kind attention from a doctor and staff. I had my laparoscopic hysterectomy soon after that day and my health, joy and comfort soon returned to what it was a decade prior. Words fail me! Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Please consult Dr. Parker for all your fibroid questions. He is the best top doctor in this field. I had an open abdominal myomectomy March 2017 and Dr. Parker and his staff have provided exceptional care for me pre & post-op. The personal attention and kindness shown by Dr. Parker and his staff helped me overcome my fears about surgery. Dr. Parker is no doubt one of the best fibroid surgeon in the US!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Correction to my post on 5/22/17: dr. Parker recommended a endometrial biopsy to test for cancer.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I contacted the Dr.’s office to get a second opinion after my own gyno told me the only option available to me was to do a hysterectomy otherwise my 12 cm uterine fibroid would continue to grow and cause problems. Dr. Parker’s office told me that I had to get an MRI, and send my ultra sound for the Dr. to review and he would decide on whether he would take on my case. I had the MRI (that’s a whole other review) and sent everything off through the mail because I live quite a distance away from Santa Monica (2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back home). I was then contacted by someone from his office and informed the Dr. would take my case. My first appointment was made and I finally got to meet the Dr. He was wonderful from the get-go: friendly, open and down to earth. He listened to my symptoms and everything I had gone through. He examined me (is there anyone in CA or the US who hasn’t at this point?). He then invited me to his office where he whipped up a colored diagram of a uterus with the different fibroids and proceeded to explain what was happening to my body, annotating the diagram as he spoke. He then started listing the options available to me (actually writing down everything so I could keep track)… He listed 5 different options despite the fibroid being almost double in size since my gyno discovered it!!! He explained the pros and cons of each option. He listened to what I wanted: a permanent solution that didn’t involve taking more chemicals to control my body. He went through each permanent solution again; all involved surgery, and explained the different surgeries available to me. I chose to have a laparoscopic myomectomy. Throughout the whole session, Dr. Parker was friendly and behaved like he nothing else in the world to do but to listen to my concerns. It was a dialog in which I was treated with respect and even given an opportunity to play the main role in deciding what was going to happen to me. I was even given a research paper (printed fresh just for me) in response to one of my questions. I have never had such an experience with any of health care providers in the four countries I've lived in and I've lived in each 8 or more years. I left that session and was literally singing because I was so happy to have found Dr. Parker! The rest is of my experience was equally happy. I needed to go in for a pre-op check-up and an endometriosis procedure to make sure my fibroid was not cancerous. The Dr. even suggested my own gyno do the endometriosis because she was nearer to where I live to save me a trip to the clinic (my gyno refused!), that’s how caring he is. On the day of operation I came prepared because the Dr. had given me an information packet which detailed what to do before the operation and what to expect after. He offered me the option to stay at the hospital overnight after the operation, but recommended I check into a hotel nearby to save me the cost since I shouldn’t needed any medical attention after – again that’s how thoughtful he is. Everyone on his team came in and spoke to me before the op making sure I knew what was going to happen and their role on the team. I appreciated the efforts made to make me feel somewhat in control and aware of what was happening. I woke up from the op and I was amazed at how well I felt. At the end of the 2 hour post-op recovery period I was able to get up and dress myself. I was wheeled to the car and helped in by my husband, but was able to get out and go to our hotel room without any assistance, albeit very very slowly. I was also able to go to the toilet by myself that first day and every day after that. I followed every instruction that the dr. gave to the letter: no lift heavy, iron + vitamin C, sleep, eat light, etc. as a result, I am almost at 100% after only two weeks surgery. I actually wanted to go back to work, but my company wouldn’t let me. I only needed to take the prescribed pain killer for 2 days, and ibuprofen for another 2 days after operation. I was fine after that with only some slight discomfort. I had my 2 week post-op check-up and the Dr. informed me everything couldn’t be better. He showed me colored photographs taken while he was carrying out the procedure and again explained while annotating everything I saw. Seeing the fibroid and the steps taken to remove them blew my mind. I don’t have to live in fear anymore. It’s wonderful not to live in fear of a hemorrhage while in meetings, mid-flight, in foreign countries, out of the house. I feel invincible and capable of taking on anything. Dr. Parker made that possible.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I was referred to Dr. William H. Parker for my recent laparoscopic myomectomy. My last experience with a myomectomy was in 2007 with a different doctor, and it was abdominal. I didn’t have a pleasant experience. It went on short term disability in May 07, and was unable to return to work before July 07. It was approximately 4 – 5 months before I returned to any type of physical activity. 10 years later, when I learned that I had new fibroids that were possibly interfering with my fertility, I couldn’t bear the thought of going through another myomectomy. My fertility doctor told me that Dr. Parker was the best and that he might be able to figure out a solution for me since he is an expert in non-invasive surgery. In November of 2016, I went for my MRI, and at least 10 fibroids were discovered, and Dr. Parker walked my husband and I through their locations. I cried in his office because there was a chance that laparoscopic surgery was not the best choice for me. Dr. Parker asked, “Why are you crying?” My husband responded, “Her experience last time was so bad and she doesn’t want to go through that again.” In a gentle manner, Dr. Parker said that he would take another look at my MRI and my chart, and see if there was any way that he could map out a pathway to rid me of fibroids with his minimally invasive technique. I went in for my procedure in March 2017, and in the end, he found 15 fibroids, and he got them all. He relayed to my husband that it was almost a record amount that he’d removed laparoscopically. What was supposed to be a 2-hour surgery turned into a 4-hour surgery. Afterwards, he let me know that he was willing to put in the extra time to know that he’d found them all. I remember waking up, and seeing my husband sitting next to me and it was the most beautiful sight of my life, and I also felt very little discomfort or pain. The last time I woke up from a myomectomy I was crying, covered in blood, and vomiting from morphine. This time, with Dr. Parker, I woke up, and asked my husband to take a picture of me, smiling, so that I could share on social media. I went home the same day, and slept and then had a pretty decent meal. Of course, I wasn’t comfortable, but I could get myself around. I needed my husband to pull me into bed a few times, and lift me in and out of cars. I think the biggest takeaway from my story is that I am a part-time fitness instructor. I teach dance, strength and weight training, indoor cycle, and was training to teach yoga. I took 3 weeks off. Like clockwork, I was ready to return to my regular teaching schedule after each of those 3 sets of classes. I had a post-op appt. with Dr. Parker on a Wednesday, and he gave me a clean bill of health, and I taught cycle on the same Thurs., weight training on Fri., and yoga on Sun.. I felt good. I certainly took it easy on myself, but I was up, mobile, and moving and there and present for my students. In one of classes, a student asked if my surgery had been postponed because I was back so soon that she thought I must not have had the surgery at all. That is not to say that all is 100%. 3 weeks after surgery, I was 85% at the capacity of what I could do before. But that is better than my 1st myomectomy in which I wasn’t myself for months! With Dr. Parker’s procedure, I had incisions that reduced my core capacity in yoga, lightened my leg-squat load in class; I couldn’t really run hard, and I lost some weight and therefore muscle mass. I was weakened and exhausted, and my stamina took a blow. Dr. Parker told me that this would happen, and he was right. I was tired, but my body just experienced significant trauma. I felt fluctuations in the uterus, cramping, pinches and sharp pains. But my physical form is a fighter, and I am blown away by what a healthy body can do to aid its own recovery. I’m glad I went through this, so that I could slow down, refocus, and appreciate the resiliency and strength of the human body. Overall, I was very pleased with my results. I think that Dr. Parker is a wonderful physician, and I thanked him, profusely. His bedside manner is top notch. I appreciate the care and attention before and after my surgery. My husband really appreciated the information that he got from Dr. Parker and his staff, as my surgery was happening. Afterwards, to know that I could return to life as normal, within a few short weeks was awesome. Dr. Parker has incredible and skillful knowledge, hands, and patience. His entire staff—especially Cheryl (one of the nursees) have been there for my pre-op and post-op prognosis. I feel very “seen,” “valued,” and “heard.” I would recommend Dr. Parker and his procedures and staff---any day. When I have my 1st born, I promise to send them a picture, for s/he would not be without him. They created magic, openness, and space not just in my uterus, but in my mind and heart. I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

A few years ago, I learned that I had several fibroids during a regular ob/gyn appointment. I hoped that the fibroids would eventually stop growing, but the fibroids continued to cause great discomfort and a negative impact on my quality of life. My regular ob/gyn recommended fibroid removal and she referred me to Dr. Parker as he is the expert on fibroid removal on the West Coast. This was my first major surgery and I was very nervous about the entire process. Dr. Parker made me (and my family) feel at ease and was caring and attentive. During my consultations, he explained the surgery in great detail -- he showed me diagrams, we reviewed my MRI together, talked about possible causes, and went over the risks and expectations of the surgery. Dr. Parker is very patient and I deeply appreciated that he was willing to spend as much time as needed to answer all my questions. He does not try to rush you out of his office like other doctors. Given my numerous fibroids, I was certain that Dr. Parker was the right gynecologist and surgeon for me -- he's an expert in the field, conducts and publishes studies on fibroids, had done this surgery a countless number of times and teaches others about this procedure. Furthermore, he is very caring, personable and inspires confidence. Also, the staff in both Dr. Parker's office and the UCLA medical center was excellent. They helped me navigate insurance claims, set up the surgery date and provided all the medical leave information I needed to send to my employer. Dr. Parker removed approximately 20 fibroids and the surgery was a great success! I did not lose any blood and Dr. Parker did an amazing job with the suturing. Dr. Parker uses a suturing technique that is used by plastic surgeons. (Four months after the surgery, I'm happy to say that my scar is very minimal.) Dr. Parker's post-surgery care was also excellent -- he spoke with my family immediately after the surgery, visited me each morning after the surgery and also called me in the evenings at the hospital. I highly recommend Dr. Parker to any woman who is considering fibroid removal. He is an incredible individual and I'm so thankful for his expertise!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr. William Parker's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)