Dr. William Parker

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. William Parker

I was originally diagnosed with very large fibroids in December of 2016 at 33 years old. The largest was 11 cm or the size of a grapefruit as told by my gynecologist. She told me my uterus was the size of a five month pregnant woman and one of her recommendations was a hysterectomy. I decided to do some more research and found Dr. Parker at UCLA. Right away he sent me in for a MRI, my first consultation with him was amazing. I sat in his office and he had charts and studies on almost every single question I asked him. He gave me several options on what we could do. After going all of those options I proceeded with a myomectomy. I felt very confident with my decision and he and his staff made me feel very comfortable with my decision and I no longer felt frightened. Dr. Parker also had a cell saver in his operating room as I had requested bloodless surgery. He did not need to use this machine but it was available in case and he always respected my wishes. After surgery I had the best care at UCLA, my nurses were amazing and loving. Dr. Parker called me from his cell phone to see how I was doing and he came in to see me both days. Dr. Parker removed my six fibroids and they weighed a total of two pounds. I've gone back for my pre-op appointments and all has been going really well. My scar is healing well as well. I am so happy that I found Dr. Parker. My uterus was saved, it's currently shrinking back to normal size and I'm healing well and met all milestones very quickly. I felt confident the entire time and I honestly must say that from the first consultation to the day of surgery and after, Dr. Parker is the best Doctor I have ever had. Not just for this issue but in all issues I've seen multiple Doctors for,such as fibroadenomas, dermatologists and general doctors, I just have never quite met a Doctor like him.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Hi everyone, I wanted to share my personal experience and journey this year. I found out through an X-ray from another injury that I may have benign tumor and was told to seek a gynecologist immediately. Afraid of what it could be, I was able to see a gynecologist, Dr X, the following week who sent me for an ultrasound. Two weeks later, I was told by Dr X that it was indeed fibroids. According to Dr X, it may or may not be cancerous. When I asked how many fibroids? The response was too many too count. Now keep in mind, I have heard of fibroids, but when you hear you have fibroids, it sounds totally new and you want to be fully informed of the diagnosis and the options available. I was only told that it would be a myomectomy and a 50% chance of ovaries and uterus removal, and of course blood loss. The thought did not reassure me, and the doctor brushed off every question that I asked and in the middle of my third question he left the room and came back to tell me to seek this other doctor who would operate me! As if I would just follow his order and blindly get operated by his referral. Now, at that point it was a no thank you! Let me search for a second opinion. I went home and cried, went to church and found strength, and then I decided to do a full search outside the scope of my state and landed on Dr Parker! Jackpot! I knew instantly that if anyone would have to operate me it would be him, based on comments left by previous patients, his bedside manners, the hospital he was affiliated with and most importantly his knowledge and expertise. Dr Parker was very thorough prior to my consultation and suggested that I also get an MRI order from the doctor who diagnosed me with fibroids. Within a week my results were in, Doctor X tells me he isn't sure, he believes it is mass or a cyst of some sort, it might be cancerous. At that moment, my whole world fell apart. But I still kept the courage and drove to Doctor's X office get the report and mailed it Dr Parker. In the meantime Dr X told me to seek immediate consultation from Dr Y, who has a good reputation and is ob-gyn oncologist. Dr Y informs me that I do not have fibroids, and that it is a cyst, and tells me that we would have to perform a laparotomy, where they would cut open my abdomen vertically. The thought of possible infections during the procedure was entering my mind. I didn't feel reassured yet again, because of the conflicted diagnosis presented. I have asked to do a cancer-tumor markup, but do to my age the results may not be accurate, a blood test was also performed. The results came within 3 days and none revealed any signs of cancer. dr Y who promised to call me, never did but had her staff contact me to coordinate my surgery. I didn't feel comfortable. I opted to fly from the east to the west coast and see what my second opinion would say. I anxiously waited for my appointment with Dr Parker, which was a month later, he explained that it was indeed fibroids, and there were 2. One was bigger about 27cm and the second 8 to 10cm. He shared the MRI results with me in detailed as he explained while I was watching the 3D images of my abdomen and location of my fibroids,m. The best part is that I had 4 options, laparotomy and hysterectomy were not one of them. I chose the most suitable one for me, which was a myomectomy. Dr Parker was very thorough and I felt at ease and comfortable and trusted his work and his staff. The consultation lasted about an hour, maybe a bit longer as I had a lot of questions, and Dr Parker was extremely patient, resourceful, helpful and had a great humor, which I needed. The surgery went smoothly, it lasted about 3hrs. Dr Parker contacted me the afternoon after surgery, and came to see me the following two days to ensure my recovery was going well. Dr Parked and the nursing staff have excellent bedside manners. I cannot thank them enough for the care that I have received. Despite the circumstances, it was a truly memorable moment. I recommend Dr Parker to anyone who isn't sure and to always seek a second opinion. Before resorting to a hysterectomy, please do all your research. Do. It have all your organs removed, if it isn't necessary. Dr Parker is extremely knowledgeable and is the best in the industry. He has changed my life for the better, and he will always have a special place in my heart. Forever Grateful Rose

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I was diagnosed with a large fibroid in early 2013. I had never heard of fibroids but have since personally experienced how they can diminish the quality of life of a woman. Over the next four years, I consulted eight doctors and most of them told me that I must have my uterus removed (one was prepared to attempt a myomectomy, but said that he was not the doctor for me unless I accepted the possibility of an emergency hysterectomy). My fibroid was then at 10cm, and the size of a grapefruit. In my quest to seek the best health outcome, I think that I have heard it all in terms of what women seeking help are commonly told. Although I had taken time to research fibroids and to ask questions that would allow me to make an informed decision, I was told by two doctors that I was an “interesting woman” and an “expert patient” - neither in a complimentary way. Two doctors even recommended that I have a hysterectomy because it would be better for them! Time passed because I was not comfortable with this advice. I tried Focused Ultrasound treatment which relieved some symptoms for a short time, but the fibroid continued to grow until it was at 15cm and my uterus at 22 weeks. I was so uncomfortable, could not fit into my clothes or eat a normal meal without feeling sick, I had difficulty exercising and felt tired and low. I again sought help in early 2017, only to be told that I had no normal uterus and that there was nothing left to put together in a myomectomy; that my cervix was crushed; that I would need to have my uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix and possibly one ovary removed; and that a myomectomy was high risk, would result in a big scar, and could lead to uncontrollable blood loss. I was also told that I needed to act quickly due to the high risk of DVT because of the pressure of the fibroid on major veins. I emailed Dr. Parker that evening. My experience with Dr. Parker could not have been more different. I had a phone consultation with him in March 2017. One of the first things that he said was “I am 100% certain that you do not need a hysterectomy”, while showing me healthy uterine tissue on my latest MRI. His gentle and calm manner came across over the phone, so I decided to travel from Australia to the US to see him in late June. When he examined me, he said cheerfully that it was great that I only had one fibroid, even though it was large, as it would only take him 1.5 hours to remove and was technically easier than removing multiple fibroids. He assured me that he had successfully removed larger fibroids from other women. I was stunned as this was the complete opposite of everything else I had heard. Dr. Parker has a great sense of humour that put me at ease and a genuine concern for patients that gave me confidence that I had not wasted time or money to see him. Dr. Parker performed my abdominal myomectomy on 3 July at UCLA Medical Centre. The procedure took a little over an hour, and one large fibroid and a pea-sized fibroid not visible by MRI were removed, with minimal blood loss (50cc). The level of care at UCLA Medical Centre was outstanding. Both Dr. Parker and one of his residents came to check on me every morning during my two-night stay. Dr. Parker also called me each evening – including on 4 July, when everyone else was watching the fireworks. His kindness in ensuring that I knew as soon as possible about the benign pathology result was much appreciated. Although I am now only 4 weeks post-op, I already feel better than I have in years. Dr. Parker’s level of care includes asking me to keep him informed of the result of my six-week post-op visit back in Australia. Before I travelled to the US, I read Dr. Parker’s stellar reviews online and the cynic in me wondered whether anyone could be that good. The truth is, Dr. Parker is that good, and no written review can do justice to this extraordinary healer. Believe me – it is worth every penny to travel any distance to see him. Although my case was not challenging for someone of Dr. Parker’s calibre, the surgery has still had a big impact as it means the world to me to be fibroid free. If you are lucky enough to have received advice or treatment from Dr. Parker, please repay that good fortune by telling every woman you know who has fibroids to get another opinion, especially if the only option given to them is hysterectomy. There is an article by Dr. Parker on his website about myomectomy myths which cites evidence that even if the ovaries are kept, hysterectomy before age 50 is associated with a significant increase in the risk of heart disease and stroke. Women need to be aware of this information when making important decisions about their health. Despite my difficult experience before I met Dr. Parker, my story is one of hope: don’t give up, insist on asking questions about all the treatment options, and don’t give in until you get the right health outcome.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr. Parker is truly a godsend, simply amazing. My first myomectomy was back on April 2005 with my former gynecologist. Before surgery, he reminded me that since I rejected the treatment option – hysterectomy, he will just stop the operation if he found the fibroid was too difficult to be removed, or possible high bleeding risk. Fortunately, the surgery seemed to go well, one big fibroid was removed along with few smaller ones. But he also told me that there were still some fibroids left inside of me. Eight years later on Oct. 2013, I went to see the same gynecologist again because I started having abdominal pain and loosing a lot of blood during menstrual cycle. This time he didn’t bother to do any exam, not even abdominal palpation, only looked at my fully dressed, covered tummy and said well, it’s the same problem, just need a surgery. Then he asked me to sign a form without explaining anything to me. It was my fault, I should ask, it’s an informed consent for hysterectomy. I was so shocked and confused when I received the approval letter. So I called and asked why he didn’t explain to me it’s for hysterectomy. But he in turn asked: What type of treatment options did you expect?! Myomectomy? No! It’s impossible to remove a fibroid that large without removing the uteris. I asked how large was my fibroid? He said it’s large. I asked again how large was that large? He couldn’t answer. Then finally he said (with ridicule) if you think you can find a surgeon who MIGHT be able and willing to perform myomectomy, go ahead…. I felt my head completely empty and numb, not knowing what to do. I stared at the computer screen and started typing “second opinion fibroids”, and the very top link (the only link I clicked) was “Fibroids - A gynecologist's second opinion”, from Dr. Parker! I started reading all the information as fast as I could, like a drowning man grabs at everything about him, and soon realized that Dr. Parker is my only hope. I learned that it may actually be less risk of complications during myomectomy than hysterectomy, which completely opposite from what I had been told. I also checked “Fibroid Photos” section which gave me so much confidence that my fibroids weren’t too large to be removed, I have hope! No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find Dr, Parker. Very fortunately, Dr. Parker is in Santa Monica, CA. The first consultation with Dr. Parker was amazing. He was very kind, very approachable, more than being just professionals, he listened to what I had experienced and answered all my concerns regarding different treatment options based on my conditions. He also gave me an easy understand fibroid illustration with anatomy diagrams and explained the problem I had and how will he perform the surgery. After the meeting with Dr. Parker, all my fears, anxieties and frustrations just melted away! I had 26 week size uterus when the surgery took pace. But the operation with Dr. Parker went very very well, no complication, only estimated 200 cc blood lose. All visible and palpable fibroids, totaling 38, were removed including large 11cm posterior fibroid and 7cm cervical fibroid. The medications used before, during and after surgery were also fully explained to me. Such as Scopolamine patch which can help preventing nausea associated with recovery from anesthesia and surgery; 2 tablets of Cytotec can help decrease surgical blood loss, and ON-Q pain pump, an innovative device was used to relive post-operative pain. Besides, I was so impressed by the 6-page summary report. Information like pre-op and final diagnosis on skin, endometrium and uterus; microscopic and detail gross descriptions; tissue exam with collection information of 3 specimens, each one with pre-op diagnosis and final result; and a whole page of description of surgery procedure. Just by reading the report I know I was in good hands with Dr. Parker. After the surgery, I finally realized that why a nightmare of one’s illness can become a dream of recovery. All because the care, concern, personal attention and professional services that I have received from Dr. Parker. Now it’s been a personal mission of mine to encourage all my friends to check on Dr. Parker’s website, This website is very well written and very educative, fills with so much important and valuable, up to date fibroids treatments options informations. Dr. Parker is truly the most outstanding gynecologist a patient could ask for. There are not enough words for me to express my gratitude. I will always be grateful to have found such an incredible doctor like Dr. Parker.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I am so blessed to have found Dr. Parker. He was my 6th "second opinion" doctor. He removed three fibroids safely and left the uterus intact. In the past year, I have consulted with five other doctors They all recommended a hysterectomy. They deemed a myomectomy procedure to be risky and could not guarantee they could perform that procedure without any complications. In addition, they also stated if I chose to have a myomectomy, I would be putting myself at risk for a blood transfusion because my fibroids were intramural and it would be a challenge to remove and will cause heavy bleeding.  Dr. Parker is very unique and talented. He offered his top notch skills in removing my fibroids and preventing me from getting a hysterectomy. My surgery was on June 15th, 2017 and it took about 2.5 hours and blood loss was 100 cc (about 3 oz).  Please read more on the Dr. Parker reviews on Yelp.com and Fibroidsecondopinion.com for more testimonials because I cannot say thank you enough on how this doctor has changed my life, mentally and physically.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I cannot say enough regarding the level of care I received from Dr. Parker. Having gone to multiple other doctors who automatically prescribed a hysterectomy due to my multiple and large fibroids, he was the only physician who gave me four options, and none included a hysterectomy. He is conscientiousness towards women's issues was so refreshing; restoring my some of my trust in the medical establishment. On that principle alone, I was moved to listen to his research and experience in healing women like myself. I had 42 fibroids removed on May 15, 2017, some of them as large as a melon, grapefruit, and tennis balls. My body (AND LIFE) has been restored. I do thank God for his divine intervention in using his healing agent, Dr. William Parker.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Parker himself is very knowledgeable. Staff needs to be trained on the art of customer service. His secretaries really need help with their manners.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I am so happy that my obgyn referred me to Dr. William Parker to remove my fibroids laproscopically. I had consults with two other obgyns, my own mentioned that there was a chance she would have to make a vertical cut from my belly button down rather than a bikini line cut because of the size of the fibroids. And another well respected and experienced obgyn advised me that she would not feel comfortable removing my fibroid laproscopically because of my small frame and the big size of the tumor, so she would have to make a bikini line cut. When I had my consult with Dr. Parker he was very patient in answering all my questions and thorough in showing me my MRI and my options for shrinking the fibroid and surgery. It was his birthday and he even offered me chocolates! He does not push for any organ to be removed if it's perfectly healthy and leaves it for you to decide. The surgery ended up taking five hours rather than the estimated two and a half. The fibroid had grown even bigger since the consult but he was able to remove everything from just four tiny cuts in my abdomen. My fibroid was two pounds and sat on my bladder which made my stomach bulge, sent me running to the restroom all the time, and gave me back pains. Boy was I glad to have that thing removed. I had never had surgery before and recovering from surgery was a lot harder than I had expected. It wasn't even the pain from the incisions (I hardly felt that), what bothered me most was the bloating and gas. Throughout that time I was in touch with the doctor and he made some recommendations for over the counter remedies and even offered to see me sooner if it was really bothering me. But sure enough at the two-week mark I was back to "normal". Jogging is my main form of exercise, it's been six weeks now and I can almost run as fast and as much as I used to. Now my stomach looks flatter than it has in years (I can wear my skinny dresses again) and I do not need to be worried about how much liquid I consume before going on long car rides. Just some tips. Parking is expensive in the building but I have had very good luck parking by the meters on the street (mostly on Broadway), just read the no parking signs carefully, and be sure to sharpen your parallel parking skills. Also he is very popular, it took me a month to get a consult and three months to book the surgery. So book early if you are in a hurry...Dr. Parker is very skilled and personable, he is the best!

Submitted June 3, 2017

Dr. William Parker performed my myomectomy. within a week I had a rash and the wound was leaking fluid. This went on for weeks. I had to go to urgent care, and the E.R after the wound opened in another section. Eventually, I was hospitalized by another physican, for a hospital borne infection or perhaps complications from a medical Dr. Parker used during the surgery. To say the least I was profoundly upset that he down played the trauma my body was experiencing. Please know this a physician should let you know that they will be leaving a dissolveable Medical Device in your body. Seprafilm, is a medical device that for some may work fine, but for others it is linked to adverse reactions. Currently a large health advocacy group is attempting to have the FDA ban it's use. Please read up on some of the possible complications linked to Seprafilm, and please it yourself to the FDA, it you have had the device used during your myomectomy, or abdominal surgery.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

I was identified to have an enlarged uterus due to adenomyosis which caused heavy menstrual bleeding in year 2011. The 3 gynecologists I had visited at that time all suggest open hysterectomy. After internet search, I found Dr. Parker's website and really liked his philosophy of saving uterus from unnecessary hysterectomy. Since then I visited Dr. Parker annually. While I was in "watchful wait" Dr. Parker prescribed me medicine to help control the heavy menstrual bleeding. Unfortunately, my uterus has grown fast within recent half year and therefore I decided to remove the uterus after consultation with Dr. Parker. He performed Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy on me two weeks ago. The surgery removed my 22-week size uterus successfully through 3 small cuts. I didn't need to use any pain medicine since I was discharged from surgery center. On top of Dr. Parker's expertise on minimum invasive surgery he is also a very caring and gentle doctor, always replies my emails quickly, answers my questions patiently to relieve any concerns I had about the risks of the surgery. While my husband was in waiting area of the surgery center with other patients' family members, he noticed that Dr. Parker was the only doctor who came down to the waiting area to update surgery results to the family members. I give all the credit to Dr. Parker's meticulous and excellent surgical skills for my speedy recovery. Dr. Parker is the best doctor that I have ever met! In fact he was voted the “Best Doctor”.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Dr. William Parker's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)

Sask Health