Ratings for Dr. William Parker

Dr. Parker is truly a godsend, simply amazing. My first myomectomy was back on April 2005 with my former gynecologist. Before surgery, he reminded me that since I rejected the treatment option – hysterectomy, he will just stop the operation if he found the fibroid was too difficult to be removed, or possible high bleeding risk. Fortunately, the surgery seemed to go well, one big fibroid was removed along with few smaller ones. But he also told me that there were still some fibroids left inside of me. Eight years later on Oct. 2013, I went to see the same gynecologist again because I started having abdominal pain and loosing a lot of blood during menstrual cycle. This time he didn’t bother to do any exam, not even abdominal palpation, only looked at my fully dressed, covered tummy and said well, it’s the same problem, just need a surgery. Then he asked me to sign a form without explaining anything to me. It was my fault, I should ask, it’s an informed consent for hysterectomy. I was so shocked and confused when I received the approval letter. So I called and asked why he didn’t explain to me it’s for hysterectomy. But he in turn asked: What type of treatment options did you expect?! Myomectomy? No! It’s impossible to remove a fibroid that large without removing the uteris. I asked how large was my fibroid? He said it’s large. I asked again how large was that large? He couldn’t answer. Then finally he said (with ridicule) if you think you can find a surgeon who MIGHT be able and willing to perform myomectomy, go ahead…. I felt my head completely empty and numb, not knowing what to do. I stared at the computer screen and started typing “second opinion fibroids”, and the very top link (the only link I clicked) was “Fibroids - A gynecologist's second opinion”, from Dr. Parker! I started reading all the information as fast as I could, like a drowning man grabs at everything about him, and soon realized that Dr. Parker is my only hope. I learned that it may actually be less risk of complications during myomectomy than hysterectomy, which completely opposite from what I had been told. I also checked “Fibroid Photos” section which gave me so much confidence that my fibroids weren’t too large to be removed, I have hope! No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find Dr, Parker. Very fortunately, Dr. Parker is in Santa Monica, CA. The first consultation with Dr. Parker was amazing. He was very kind, very approachable, more than being just professionals, he listened to what I had experienced and answered all my concerns regarding different treatment options based on my conditions. He also gave me an easy understand fibroid illustration with anatomy diagrams and explained the problem I had and how will he perform the surgery. After the meeting with Dr. Parker, all my fears, anxieties and frustrations just melted away! I had 26 week size uterus when the surgery took pace. But the operation with Dr. Parker went very very well, no complication, only estimated 200 cc blood lose. All visible and palpable fibroids, totaling 38, were removed including large 11cm posterior fibroid and 7cm cervical fibroid. The medications used before, during and after surgery were also fully explained to me. Such as Scopolamine patch which can help preventing nausea associated with recovery from anesthesia and surgery; 2 tablets of Cytotec can help decrease surgical blood loss, and ON-Q pain pump, an innovative device was used to relive post-operative pain. Besides, I was so impressed by the 6-page summary report. Information like pre-op and final diagnosis on skin, endometrium and uterus; microscopic and detail gross descriptions; tissue exam with collection information of 3 specimens, each one with pre-op diagnosis and final result; and a whole page of description of surgery procedure. Just by reading the report I know I was in good hands with Dr. Parker. After the surgery, I finally realized that why a nightmare of one’s illness can become a dream of recovery. All because the care, concern, personal attention and professional services that I have received from Dr. Parker. Now it’s been a personal mission of mine to encourage all my friends to check on Dr. Parker’s website, This website is very well written and very educative, fills with so much important and valuable, up to date fibroids treatments options informations. Dr. Parker is truly the most outstanding gynecologist a patient could ask for. There are not enough words for me to express my gratitude. I will always be grateful to have found such an incredible doctor like Dr. Parker.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I am so blessed to have found Dr. Parker. He was my 6th "second opinion" doctor. He removed three fibroids safely and left the uterus intact. In the past year, I have consulted with five other doctors They all recommended a hysterectomy. They deemed a myomectomy procedure to be risky and could not guarantee they could perform that procedure without any complications. In addition, they also stated if I chose to have a myomectomy, I would be putting myself at risk for a blood transfusion because my fibroids were intramural and it would be a challenge to remove and will cause heavy bleeding.  Dr. Parker is very unique and talented. He offered his top notch skills in removing my fibroids and preventing me from getting a hysterectomy. My surgery was on June 15th, 2017 and it took about 2.5 hours and blood loss was 100 cc (about 3 oz).  Please read more on the Dr. Parker reviews on Yelp.com and Fibroidsecondopinion.com for more testimonials because I cannot say thank you enough on how this doctor has changed my life, mentally and physically.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I cannot say enough regarding the level of care I received from Dr. Parker. Having gone to multiple other doctors who automatically prescribed a hysterectomy due to my multiple and large fibroids, he was the only physician who gave me four options, and none included a hysterectomy. He is conscientiousness towards women's issues was so refreshing; restoring my some of my trust in the medical establishment. On that principle alone, I was moved to listen to his research and experience in healing women like myself. I had 42 fibroids removed on May 15, 2017, some of them as large as a melon, grapefruit, and tennis balls. My body (AND LIFE) has been restored. I do thank God for his divine intervention in using his healing agent, Dr. William Parker.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Parker himself is very knowledgeable. Staff needs to be trained on the art of customer service. His secretaries really need help with their manners.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I am so happy that my obgyn referred me to Dr. William Parker to remove my fibroids laproscopically. I had consults with two other obgyns, my own mentioned that there was a chance she would have to make a vertical cut from my belly button down rather than a bikini line cut because of the size of the fibroids. And another well respected and experienced obgyn advised me that she would not feel comfortable removing my fibroid laproscopically because of my small frame and the big size of the tumor, so she would have to make a bikini line cut. When I had my consult with Dr. Parker he was very patient in answering all my questions and thorough in showing me my MRI and my options for shrinking the fibroid and surgery. It was his birthday and he even offered me chocolates! He does not push for any organ to be removed if it's perfectly healthy and leaves it for you to decide. The surgery ended up taking five hours rather than the estimated two and a half. The fibroid had grown even bigger since the consult but he was able to remove everything from just four tiny cuts in my abdomen. My fibroid was two pounds and sat on my bladder which made my stomach bulge, sent me running to the restroom all the time, and gave me back pains. Boy was I glad to have that thing removed. I had never had surgery before and recovering from surgery was a lot harder than I had expected. It wasn't even the pain from the incisions (I hardly felt that), what bothered me most was the bloating and gas. Throughout that time I was in touch with the doctor and he made some recommendations for over the counter remedies and even offered to see me sooner if it was really bothering me. But sure enough at the two-week mark I was back to "normal". Jogging is my main form of exercise, it's been six weeks now and I can almost run as fast and as much as I used to. Now my stomach looks flatter than it has in years (I can wear my skinny dresses again) and I do not need to be worried about how much liquid I consume before going on long car rides. Just some tips. Parking is expensive in the building but I have had very good luck parking by the meters on the street (mostly on Broadway), just read the no parking signs carefully, and be sure to sharpen your parallel parking skills. Also he is very popular, it took me a month to get a consult and three months to book the surgery. So book early if you are in a hurry...Dr. Parker is very skilled and personable, he is the best!

Submitted June 3, 2017

Dr. William Parker performed my myomectomy. within a week I had a rash and the wound was leaking fluid. This went on for weeks. I had to go to urgent care, and the E.R after the wound opened in another section. Eventually, I was hospitalized by another physican, for a hospital borne infection or perhaps complications from a medical Dr. Parker used during the surgery. To say the least I was profoundly upset that he down played the trauma my body was experiencing. Please know this a physician should let you know that they will be leaving a dissolveable Medical Device in your body. Seprafilm, is a medical device that for some may work fine, but for others it is linked to adverse reactions. Currently a large health advocacy group is attempting to have the FDA ban it's use. Please read up on some of the possible complications linked to Seprafilm, and please it yourself to the FDA, it you have had the device used during your myomectomy, or abdominal surgery.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

I was identified to have an enlarged uterus due to adenomyosis which caused heavy menstrual bleeding in year 2011. The 3 gynecologists I had visited at that time all suggest open hysterectomy. After internet search, I found Dr. Parker's website and really liked his philosophy of saving uterus from unnecessary hysterectomy. Since then I visited Dr. Parker annually. While I was in "watchful wait" Dr. Parker prescribed me medicine to help control the heavy menstrual bleeding. Unfortunately, my uterus has grown fast within recent half year and therefore I decided to remove the uterus after consultation with Dr. Parker. He performed Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy on me two weeks ago. The surgery removed my 22-week size uterus successfully through 3 small cuts. I didn't need to use any pain medicine since I was discharged from surgery center. On top of Dr. Parker's expertise on minimum invasive surgery he is also a very caring and gentle doctor, always replies my emails quickly, answers my questions patiently to relieve any concerns I had about the risks of the surgery. While my husband was in waiting area of the surgery center with other patients' family members, he noticed that Dr. Parker was the only doctor who came down to the waiting area to update surgery results to the family members. I give all the credit to Dr. Parker's meticulous and excellent surgical skills for my speedy recovery. Dr. Parker is the best doctor that I have ever met! In fact he was voted the “Best Doctor”.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Christy-Vancouver, BC. Canada I first contacted Dr. Parker in 2011. I was 40 yrs old and suffering from rapidly growing pendunculated fibroids. My symptoms were in my opinion severe. Basically my quality of life had diminished so much and I was in constant pain and looked about 6 months pregnant. Being Canadian I sent my MRI to Dr. Parker for a second opinion, we had a phone consultation, at the time his recommendation was an abdominal myomectomy. I was hoping for something less invasive and had never had a surgery before, I was not open at the time to an abdominal myomectomy. He went into great detail as to why the abdominal myomectomy would have a more successful outcome based on the position of the fibroid. I chose a surgeon in Vancouver in 2011 to perform a Laproscopic myomectomy ( Big Mistake!). I have to say in the recovery room after my laproscopic surgery I did feel instant relief from the pressure on my bladder. I had felt like I had a constant bladder infection for two years. When I spoke to the surgeon after my surgery he had informed me they were not able to get the entire fibroid but had hoped it would relieve my pain and as I was older (40) it would no longer grow. Well....guess what My mother reached menopause at 55 so that's about 15 yrs for the thing to grow back if I go through menopause the same time she did. Anyhow.... I went for an MRI in October 2016 as I was having trouble with bowel movements as well as emptying my bladder. It turns out the fibroids had grown back with a vengeance. I had been going to acupuncture twice a week for two years, no caffeine, no alcohol. month long cleanses! As Dr. Parker says we don't know why these things grow! But they do... I did NOT want a hysterectomy. This massive growth was on the outside of my uterus and not causing heavy bleeding. I had 5 doctors in Vancouver, BC recommend a total hysterectomy. Ovaries, Uterus and cervix, when I asked why they said that this is what the college of physicians and gynaecologists recommend. My thought was well that sounds like it was written in 1950 then. According to the MRI this growth was massive and growing rapidly with heterogenous cells(degenerating fibroid). I decided I am out of here!! I was not satisfied with any options offered to me(Canada) and contacted Dr. Parker once again. With one botched surgery under my belt I was not going to attempt another one even if it was free!! He ordered a new MRI with the gat dye and two LDH blood tests, everything came back normal. My previous surgery in 2011 the pathology was all normal and benign. the surgeon at the time used the power morcellator. I have three kids and my surgery date was March 27th, 2017 with Dr. Parker. Honestly... the best thing I have ever done for myself. If you don't have your health you really have nothing. From the moment I met Dr. Parker I felt this massive, emotional sense of relief. I had a strong feeling in my gut my case was complicated and I was right, it was. My surgery was four hours. Dr. Parker called a Urologist in to dissect the fibroid that was wrapped tightly around my ureter. If it had grown any larger it would have been a huge emergency .My 20 by 17 by 21 fibroid was from one stalk that was attached to the outside of my uterus .Dr. Parker himself said he had never encountered another case like this. I thank God every day for the internet and this site. Finding him gave me my life back and I am fibroid free, I have never felt better! He was beyond caring and did his homework. UCLA was an outstanding hospital. I was only in two nights and the pump he put in the incision is amazing, I had way more pain with my laproscopic surgery in 2011. I started running last week, I have lost 10 lbs., my eyes are no longer blood shot. My scar is well below my bikini line and incredibly thin. Honestly if you are suffering from fibroids this surgeon is truly amazing!! WE are lucky to have him here for woman's health. By day four after surgery I was out for dinner in LA and getting my hair done. Dr. Parker is beyond remarkable. I am now 6 weeks post op and can barely see the incision. My only regret is that I didn't follow through with his recommendation in 2011 and save 5 years of my life. March 27, 2017 surgery

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Maria - Columbus, Ohio I apologize for the long post, but I want to include as many details as possible. I am a healthy vibrant 48 year old woman who suffered from uterine fibroids for many years. The fibroids started off really small and were not causing any problems so my physician in Ohio told me that we would just continue to monitor them. Over the years, the fibroids grew in size and number. I began experiencing very heavy periods. At this point my OB-GYN referred me to a specialist here in OH. They both recommended a hysterectomy. I was apprehensive because I’d never had major surgery and I don’t even take any medications, aside from an inhaler that I use sparingly. I wanted to try to find a natural remedy to my problem. The years went by and my bleeding increased to the point where I could not even take a car trip to the grocery store without bleeding all over myself. Work was almost impossible. Events and parties were interrupted or missed. I traveled around with extra clothing and an entire pack of sanitary pads. Unbelievably to some, I was still against the hysterectomy. I believe the uterus has many other vital functions for women than just childbirth. Needless to say I became extremely anemic. My hemoglobin ranged between 6 and 9. I received iron infusions, but it was like putting water into a bucket with holes. My abdomen looked like I was pregnant. My uterus was the size of a 5 month pregnancy. I reluctantly agreed to get a Depo-Provera injection to help with the bleeding—big mistake. My fibroids grew and I began bleeding EVERYDAY. After searching the web I came across Dr. Parker’s website. I read the ENTIRE site. After viewing the videos and reading all the information I knew he was the Dr. for me. I was so excited when he agreed to take my case! I flew out for a face to face consultation and was impressed with Dr. Parker and his amazing staff! Dr. Parker spoke to my husband and I in his office rather than an exam room. He was very genuine and personable. It was well worth the trip. If I could have had the surgery that very day I would have! However, I had to wait about two months to get onto the schedule due to the holidays and high demand for Dr. Parker. On the day of surgery the hospital staff was efficient. Not only did Dr. Parker speak with me before surgery, so did ALL members of the surgical team. The procedure took approx. 3 hours, Dr. Parker removed 44 fibroids from my uterus!!! I was not aware there were so many! I had several types of fibroids: Intramural, Submucosal, and one pedunculated. He texted the surgical pictures to me after viewing them with me at my bedside. I was not in any pain, thanks to the On-Q pain pump. On the day of surgery I slept a lot but was able to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. On day two I walked the halls. I had moderate bleeding. The pain consisted of sharp shooting pains on both sides of my abdomen. Still I did not have IV pain meds, just Toradol tablets. Bowel movements were slow to resume for a few days, but the stool softeners helped. Still I had no major pain! Once out of the hospital, I did not take the narcotics, I only used Ibuprofen. Dr. Parker recommended walking and doing normal activities, so that is exactly what I did. I stayed in Santa Monica for several days because I wanted the post op exam to be done by Dr. Parker. The nurse practitioner painlessly removed my pain pump and suture—yes it was ONE continuous suture! The incision looks like a thin scratch. During those days between surgery and my appointment with Dr. Parker, I was able to enjoy WALKING around Santa Monica and even attended a taping of the Price Is Right!!!! (I felt so guilty). This was THE BEST decision I’ve ever made. It IS NOT too good to be true. The website is accurate and Dr. Parker is an internationally known, well-published sensation! My only regrets are not finding him sooner and not being called on stage as a contestant on the Price Is Right!! I hope this is helpful to you. Best Wishes!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I wish there were more doctors like Dr. Parker! I have been previously told by three gynecologists that the only option for my multiple fibroids (including the bigger one of 10 cm) is to have a hysterectomy. My thoroughness and a desire to save the organ that I was born with, drove me to research even more. I was so lucky to find Dr. Parker’s website. After reading all the information and watching a video of his surgery, I decided to schedule a consultation with him. They say that the first impression is very important in order to make your decision about a doctor. I immediately felt trust toward Dr. Parker from his competence, confidence and composure. He assured me after reviewing my MRI results that all tumors were benign. He gave me a few options: watchful waiting, laparoscopic myomectomy or uterine artery embolization. He answered all my questions exhaustively and beyond. He devoted as much time as I needed without rushing. I left Dr. Parker’s office very inspired and confident that he is the only doctor I will have as my surgeon. I will never regret that decision. The surgery went perfectly and the staff in the hospital was very friendly and caring. The doctor reviewed the procedure with my husband and me before the surgery. The nurses kept my husband updated during the whole process and the doctor went over the details with my husband personally after the procedure. Instead of three fibroids, that were initially planned to be removed, the doctor removed five. He called me the next day to make sure that I was fine and has continued to monitor my progress. I cannot express enough how much gratefulness I have toward Dr. Parker. He is a gifted doctor from God. I have already recommended him to my friend who has fibroids and I would especially recommend Dr. Parker to women who still want to have children and who were told that it would be impossible because there is only the option of having a hysterectomy. Dr. William Parker will change your life for the better!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Dr. William Parker's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)