Ratings for Dr. William Parker

Dr. Parker is hands down one of the he best Dr’s I have seen. I went to several gynecologist in Orange County that assured me I needed a hysterectomy to remove my 15cm fibroid. I was not going to accept that for an answer and searched the internet for a Dr. that specialized in fibroids. I found Dr. Parker and was very impressed with him at my consultation. He was very knowledgeable and confident in explaining the procedure and aftercare. I scheduled my surgery but started hemorrhaging prior to my surgery date. Dr. Parker saw me and scheduled immediate emergency surgery. Surgery and aftercare went very well even though it was not a planned surgery. Dr. Parker was able to remove the large fibroid through my c-section scar which looks better than before. I am so thankful I found such an experienced specialist that was able to remove my fibroid without a hysterectomy or blood transfusion even though I had been hemorrhaging for 3 days prior to surgery. Dr Parker is an amazing he was a life saver for me! I am forever grateful! If you are able to schedule your surgery with him I would definitely recommend to do so you will be very happy and fibroid free!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Dr. Parker is truly a Godsend physician. If you are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable physician who is an expert in the removal of fibroids, Dr. Parker is the one for you. I can’t say enough about how pleased I am with Dr. Parker.  He removed over a dozen fibroids from my uterus and I had no pain from the very first day of surgery and throughout my five week recovery.  To say that Dr. Parker is a great doctor is an understatement.  His knowledge on the subject of fibroids is unsurpassable. I am so glad that I researched and found Dr. Parker and even more grateful that he was available to perform my fibroid removal surgery.  If you have any doubt about a previous diagnosis from other doctors, please don’t hesitate to go and see Dr. Parker.  He is simply the best and I consider myself blessed to have found him.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

Five months ago, my situation looked very bleak with no solution in sight, I was living with excruciating pain, heavy bleeding, chronic anemia and very poor quality of life resulting from multiple fibroids for 4 long years. I consulted with up to 5 OBGYN doctors in 2 different states and they all gave me one option—total hysterectomy, a couple of them looked me in the eye and said, ‘attempting myomectomy with these many fibroids could be fatal, there would be uncontrolled bleeding during surgery’. Of course I became very nervous, considering that this was going to be my second myomectomy- the first was totally blotched 4.5 years ago by another surgeon who left almost 70% of the fibroids behind after the surgery because they were too ‘’deeply embedded in the cavity’’ – his words!. I was undeterred and hoped that there’s got to be a doctor out there with a different opinion. I sought referrals from friends, family and searched the internet and one day, I found Dr. Parker’s website with his patient comments—after reading many of their stories, I was ready and willing to make the long travel to Santa Monica to know if my case would even be considered. I sent copies of my MRI and ultrasound to his office and with the help of his amazing staff, particularly Christina, I was able to finally see Dr. Parker. The moment I walked into his office and talked to him, I knew I had come to the right surgeon. He was very thorough at my initial consultation and was pretty confident about the prospects of success. I found Dr. Parker to be extremely kind and easy to talk to, also, his confidence about the procedure was pretty reassuring, he put me at ease and assured me that myomectomy isn’t ‘Rocket Science’ and that he would be able to remove every single one of my 32 monstrous fibroids! It was simply unbelievable, best news I’ve got in 4+ years! I had my surgery a few weeks later under his excellent expertise and care without a single drop of blood transfusion. Following my surgery, I received the best post op support possible; Dr. Parker and his residents called and visited with me at the hospital despite their very busy schedule. After I was discharged from the hospital, Dr. Parker continued to check on my progress via telephone and addressed every single question and concerns that I had. I still continue to benefit from the huge resource available on Dr. Parkers website for my post op care. I couldn’t have asked for a better surgeon. I have made excellent progress in just 3 weeks and beginning to enjoy normal life again. Ladies, if you’re reading this, your search just ended. Please, don’t delay, take advantage of Dr. Parker’s top notch experience and skills, he is a gift to us all. Don’t subject yourself to an unwanted hysterectomy, get a second opinion from Dr. Parker—I have my quality of life back, and I got to keep my precious uterus! It’s a win win situation. It doesn’t matter where you’re travelling from or who you are, you will receive an up to date and well informed expertise from Dr. Parker just as I did. It is so awesome not to constantly plan my life around my crazy pre myomectomy heavy cycle anymore. I can’t thank Dr. Parker enough for his delightful care and essentially giving me back my quality of life!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

My fibroids were discovered during a routine annual physical. The first (quite confident) recommendation from my doctor & the surgeon she referred me to: hysterectomy. This didn’t sit right with me even at age 42 and well beyond plans for additional children. It took me 5 years from the time of my 1st consultation to have Dr. Parker perform my open myomectomy. I consulted with him relatively early in my journey and found he had a kind and patient demeanor, as well as proven track record with fibroid treatment. But I wasn’t ready for surgery… While watchfully waiting, I reached options, improved my diet, got more exercise, fasted, cleansed, tried fibroid-specific diets/supplements/teas...you name it. I was not able to heal myself of fibroids, but ironically, fighting the fibroids gave me the gift of better overall health. Other concerns: Scarring-- little did I know how deft Dr. Parker is at smoothly closing up the skin. Recovery time—Dr. P recommended moving around as soon as possible. Much sooner than expected, I was able to resume my regular routine. Ultimately there are many options, if however you decide to go with Dr. Parker and his team you will find yourself in extremely good hands.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I feel so fortunate to be under the care of Dr. Parker. I had an abdominal myomectomy two weeks ago and am recovering well. I spent three days in the hospital and Dr. Parker visited me every morning and called every evening. I cannot say enough great things about him. If you have fibroids, he is simply the best. I went through several surgeons before I had the good fortune of being his patient. Thank you Dr.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I am a registered nurse and have worked with many doctors and surgeons during my career. Without doubt, Dr. Parker is absolutely the best physician I have ever come across and I highly recommend him to anyone suffering with fibroids. I am 34 years old and was previously diagnosed with an intramural fibroid which had grown to 12cm x 15cm size and was causing fertility problems. The size and location of the fibroid had also caused me daily pain and bulk related symptoms. Seeing that I have not yet had children, I was strongly interested in preserving my fertility and maintaining my uterus intact. In my search for minimally invasive and/or fertility preserving options, I was elated to find Dr. Parker. From my first consultation to post surgery care, Dr. Parker made me feel heard and cared for. I was afraid that I would require a hysterectomy, but Dr. Parker assured me that he would be able to remove my fibroid and preserve my fertility. My abdominal myomectomy was free of complications and at 5 weeks post op my quality of life has already drastically improved. I am fully confident that I will be able to begin trying to start my family as soon as I am fully recovered. If I were to summarize an important piece of advice for any woman suffering with fibroids and looking to preserve their uterus -- Do not agree to a hysterectomy or any invasive gynecological procedure without first consulting Dr. Parker for his opinion and expertise on the matter. Dr. Parker is by far the most recommended gynecological surgeon and is highly regarded in the medical community. On a personal level, I would trust him with my mother and little sisters because of his expertise, bedside manner and willingness to thoroughly and patiently discuss all your concerns.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr. Parker is an exceptionally talented and caring doctor. I had a fibroid of 8.5cm along with several smaller ones. Before I got convinced to have a surgery, I tried many ways to shrink them naturally. I worked with a naturopath, a Chinese herbalist, even a Shaman for about a year and a half. At some point I was swallowing more than 20 “supplement” pills in a day. I visited several other OBGYNs among whom there were ones suggesting me to take Lupron, making me get several ultrasounds and no MRIs. When my bleeding got bad so much so that every month was a battle and fear of not being able to get out of bed for two days, passing out, feeling weak all the time, not being able to travel and exercise, I realized that natural methods were not going to be enough. I am usually quite physically active and decided that I didn’t want to feel weak and scared anymore. That’s when I had my phone consultation with Dr. Parker. He answered all of my questions (which were a lot) very clearly and patiently. He went over my MRI and said if I wanted to have kids in the future, laparoscopic surgery might be a little risky but still left the decision for me to have either laparoscopic or abdominal myomectomy. I am 33 and would like to have kids. After a few days of consideration, I decided to have abdominal myomectomy. I flew down to LA from Seattle for the surgery, everything after that was absolutely amazing. I had my surgery on June 13th, 2016, stayed at the hospital that day and went to my mother-in-law’s home the next day. During the surgery Dr. Parker made sure that my husband was getting informed about how everything was going. I didn’t have any pain management issues even right after surgery and I am still stunned with how easy post-op for me and how quick my recovery was. After surgery, Dr. Parker answered all of my questions and he was very accurate about how he was expecting my recovery to go. I also paid close attention to my diet and made sure I had health/nutritional foods that would help my recovery. 2 Month Post Surgery Update: My periods came back to normal 1 month after my surgery and I am happy as clam! I gained back my strength, health and happiness. Dr. Parker is still following up with me and keeps an eye on my recovery and I am grateful for him every single day of my life. If you would like to share your journey with a top notch doctor who will gain your trust by talking facts, educating you. being caring and kind, Dr. Parker should be on top of your list.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I'm am a ICU nurse and when I was told I had large fibroids that required surgery I immediately started researching the topic. The first two doctors I saw both recommend a hysterectomy and both told me I would need a cesarean type incision in order to remove all the fibroids due to their size and location. I then asked the top doctors in my hospital for recommendations and every one of them had Dr Parker at the top of the list. After switching insurances and primary MD's I was finally able to see Dr Parker. His office is efficient and well run. Dr Parker, himself, is wonderful. He is knowledgeable and kind. He answered all my questions and educated me on all the available options. He didn't seemed rushed and spent a lot of time with me, he also made himself available if I thought of any questions after leaving the office. My surgery went extremely well and Dr Parker was able to remove all my fibroids, while keeping my uterus intact, with a minimally invasive surgery. I am healing well and very happy with my experience. It was worth all the effort to have Dr Parker perform my surgery. I feel confident in recommending him to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Parker! You are beyond amazing, you are gifted and the use of your expertise is highly appreciated. Thank You on behalf of myself and all the other women that you have help and will be helping. To the ladies who are suffering from the painful experience of having fibroids, know what your realistic choices are!!! I choose forks over knives, however, after meeting with several different doctors I realized the only way to a normal life is having this fibroid removed. I am 34 years old, before the surgery I had a belly of 3-4 months pregnant woman, but it was the least of my worries. Some of the symptoms I was experiencing included but was not limited to extremely painful cycles, very painful during ovulation, my uterus was abnormally enlarged, bleeding constantly, anything would make me bleed, hot weather, a sip of wine, etc. UCLA Santa Monica nurses!!! Thank you very-very much!!! The outpatient OR nurses were beyond helpful and understanding. Did not feel like another case at all, perhaps,they treat you as if you are their only patient. Thank you Dr. Parker and the rest of the team. Dr. Parker is the best surgeon and most importantly he knows what what he is doing. He is responsible and caring. I hope he will stay in practice for many more years and teach the future generations. Recovery is very important too. It is easy!!! just FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS on his website for recovery. It works. My uterus was back in shape after 2 weeks of recovery. Dr. Parker my gratitude has no boarders toward your work and your personality. I hope UCLA appreciates you and your team even more. Thank You!!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

My gratitude towards Dr Parker is hard to put into words. Here's my story... At the age of 45, I was aware of the fact that I had fibroids. I had had them for years according to my oby. I was told they were the size of a pea. I could not feel them nor did they cause me any trouble. My cycle was regular and in my opinion, normal. In January 2015, things changed. I went on the pill for exactly 14 days. My body felt so completely out of control, I went off. A couple of weeks later, I could feel something was up but had no idea what to think. I actually thought I was pregnant. After many pregnancy tests, I made an appt. The fibroids had grown. The larger of the two was the size of an orange. The other was slightly smaller. My oby explained a few options to me. One was surgery. The other was to live with them if they were not bothering me. I could feel them but at that stage of the game, they were not bothering me to the point I would consider surgery. I made an appointment with my general practitioner. She prescribed bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. In my heart of hearts, I was not comfortable with this course of action but I was determined to try something. My thought, I would shrink those damn fibroids! Over the course of a few months, things got much worse. I began having more and more pain. The best I can explain the pain was I felt as if I were having menstral cramps all the time. My menstrual cycle was getting heavier and significantly more painful. I went back to the doctor. The fibroids had grown again. My oby suggested an MRI and gave me the names of a couple of surgeons to research. I was still not ready to face the idea of surgery. As the months passed, the pain became unbearable. Now, on top of the continuous cramps, my back was aching, I couldn’t sleep, I had to urinate constantly and my cycle was out of control in every way imaginable. I went for the MRI. The fibroids had grown yet again and now my oby told me my only option would be a supra cervical hysterectomy. I has heartbroken. I stopped the hormones and made an appt to see Dr Parker. I truly can not say enough about Dr Parker. He met with my boyfriend and I for an hour. He explained fibroids in depth, gave me several options and insisted I walk away and think about my choices. Bonus, a hysterectomy was not even on the table. One week later I made an appointment for laparoscopic myomectomy. My only complaint, if you can even call it a complaint, was Dr Parker is in such high demand, I had to wait four months for the surgery. And I completely understand why. Side note, I did see a Chinese Herbalist at some point along this journey. The herbalist guaranteed the fibroids would shrink in one year. I stayed on the (very expensive) herbs for about 6 months. The fibroids did not shrink. That said, the herbs helped tremendously with the pain. They made it possible for me to get some (not much) sleep and remain somewhat sane while I waited for the surgery. The surgery went flawlessly. Dr Parker and his team were unbelievable. Never in my life have I felt in better care. The entire team was kind, professional and highly skilled. The surgery was tough but recovery was quick. My back felt immediately better. I had a rough 48 hours and then quickly turned the corner. I took my first pilates class 10 days later. Yes I had to modify, but I was so happy that was even an option for me. It’s been about four months since the surgery and I am almost 100%. You immediately feel so much better. My belly remained sore (especially with any pressure) for a little over three months. It’s just now feeling completely normal. I feel normal again, yay! I honestly felt like I was carrying around aliens for that year. You could see them, you could feel them and they were such a nightmare. You don’t have to live like that. Dr Parker will take such amazing care of you. Don’t hesitate. I wish I had gone to see him immediately.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Dr. William Parker's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)

Workers Comp