You may also like

Ratings for Dr. William Parker

Dr. Parker is one of the most compassionate, intelligent, skilled surgeons/physicians I have gone too. I would highly recommend him to any women suffering from gynecological problems especially when other physicians only treatment option is a hysterectomy. He deserves 5 plus stars!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

Dr. Parker is an excellent physician! Not only is he extremely knowledgeable and an expert in his field, his is extremely kind an compassionate! I would recommend him to anyone and I am so thankful that he was willing to treat me when other surgeons were not. Thank you, Dr. Parker!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Dr Parker is a gifted surgeon; because of Dr. Parker I have a uterus, I'm 32 years old and I was told by several doctors that I needed a hysterectomy; Dr Parker was the only surgeon that took on the challenged of my large fibroids and gave me my life back. Thank you Dr. Parker

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I am incredibly grateful I found Dr Parker. He performed my recent myomectomy and what would have been considered difficult for some, seemed routine for him. He was confident, kept me well informed and managed his staff in a way that made me feel extremely well supported. Currently I am recovering faster than expected and I attribute that solely to Dr. Parker's high level skill and care.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

I am forever grateful for Dr. William Parker. From the moment I entered the office I felt at ease. Everyone from the reception staff to the nursing staff was extremely courteous. My experience with Dr. Parker was even more refreshing. I was comforted by his warmth and his positive spirit. During the consultation, he was very thorough going over my MRI images in great detail and explaining why I was having the symptoms I was having. With his gifted hands he was able to remove 19 fibroids ranging in size from 2 cm to 20 cm at 5.5 pounds. The surgery was a complete success with no complications! The staff on the unit at the hospital were fantastic! They were very accommodating and helped me started on the road to recovery. Now 5 weeks after the surgery, I am well on my way to a full recovery. I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Parker and I am happy to know that he is now educating other physicians to help women like me.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

It was one of the scarier things to confront- having a giant fibroid- and Dr. Parker truly blew me away with his expertise, kindness and amazing scientific knowledge combined with incredible experience. Without him I'd still be suffering. He was the 5th dr. I saw, and I'd never let anyone go anywhere else!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

The most exceptional doctor experience I have ever had; living many years both in Europe and in the United States. He is not just a doctor, he is a researcher, scientist in one word the best in the field. With Dr. Parker’s magic touch fibroids are out, uterus is healthy and intact, and testing confirmed the tumor was benign. My family and I can’t be grateful enough. He is welcoming, caring and compassionate. First time feeling uncomfortable on my stomach area I was diagnosed by hernia back in Lawrence, Kansas. It was during my annual check up with MD, when she announced it’s hernia just by looking at it and without ordering any tests (so sad) and that I don’t need to act on it. A year pass already in California my OB/GYN back then told me that it’s not hernia and that she thinks I have fibroids and after ordering ultra sound told me I need to see a surgeon as soon as possible, referring me to Dr Alan Schlaerth, who in his turn told me it’s going to be a full hysterectomy, with no delay, which is my only option and that he is not sure if the tumor is cancerous or benign and he will find out and tell me all the details after the surgery; really? I was 37 at the time and hopeful still to have a baby. And the scary part we put trust in these opinions as being competent. Oh, coming from an Armenian family imagine the drama going on, my mom, sister, aunts in tragedy, all crying, screaming.... I had to keep cool and calm everybody down, but setting my mind for the worst. That’s when my aunt and sister started their vigorous research and found out about Dr William Parker. Already discouraged and skeptical about any positive outcome I went to Dr Parker, who became a ray of sunshine. He already had my MRI results, which he had ordered before seeing me and as he explained to me MRI is the most accurate diagnostic test to tell how many fibroids you have, the precise sizes of the fibroids and the position of each fibroid, he thoroughly went into details, educating me and explaining my options; he told me that he could do a myomectomy on me if I choose to and that not only I did not need a hysterectomy, I could also go on with no surgery at all and do check ups every six months to monitor the growth and size of the fibroids. I was so impressed and relieved. I wanted him to do the minimally invasive surgery, which turned out to be very successful. It has been already 20 days since the surgery, I feel great and have my flat stomach back and most importantly my uterus intact . I intend to ask him to go back to his office for my regular check ups too, as it will be hard to see anybody else after experiencing Dr. Parker.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I discovered fibroid while I was pregnant with my first baby. My fibroid grew to 9cm while I was pregnant with my second baby. My OB doctor say I don't need to do anything unless I have severe abdominal pain or anemic. I was having heavy bleeding every month and, unfortunately, once I found out I was anemic, my fibroids have grown to 4cm and 10 cm from the Ultrasound. I originally saw three OB doctors before I found Dr. Parker. One of the doctor recommended embolization, but I do not feel comfortable doing so. The other two OB doctors recommended hysterectomy (remove my uterus) so the fibroid will not grow back. One of the OB doctor even want to remove my fallopian tube. Most doctors recommend hysterectomy if you no longer wish to have babies because it is easier than myomectomy. Laparascopy myomectomy takes more skills, experience and patience to perform. Yet, don't forget that the uterus still has its function. So, please don't give up your organ easily. They are priceless. After several months of thorough research, I finally found Dr. Parker on the website. He provided a lot of information and resources about fibroid treatment options. When Dr Parker ordered the MRI, it came out 3 fibroids; 4cm, 6cm and 8cm. I was shocked. Yet, I feel very comfortable after talking to him regarding my situation including many of my concerns, including my body size. (I am a small Asian woman who is less than 5 ft. Dr. Parker was able to perform laparascopy without hesitation) He was able to answer all my questions and feel confident that he can help me with my problems. He was able to perform laparoscopy to remove fibroids while other doctors do not recommend at all. The best they can do is open surgery of myomectomy or hysterectomy. Dr. Parker is such a fine doctor with very prestige skills and many years of experience. He is my last hope. I am so glad and greatful that I finally found Dr. Parker.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

After about a year of watchful waiting I knew it was time to have my three submucosal fibroids removed (largest was 6 cm). I had very heavy periods and also knew based on the research that my particular type of fibroids (submucosal) made me 70% less likely to get pregnant. Initially learning about my fibroids was a tough process of trying to figure out the best course of treatment. I wanted to avoid invasive surgery as much as possible but at the same time wanted to do whatever needed to be done to make me more likely to get pregnant, as well as make my periods “normal.” My first step was gathering as much information as possible and found Dr. Parker’s website which alone reflects how committed and focused he is on the treatment of fibroids. Based on the size, type, and location of my fibroids, Dr. Parker recommended full abdominal myomectomy but did not pressure me and in fact I waited 4 months before actually having surgery. During that time I continued to research and even spoke with a laproscopic expert at Stanford who told me he could remove my fibroids laproscopically, however upon further research and advice from my father (who is also an MD) and his colleagues, they confirmed that laproscopic surgery would mean cutting up the pieces (morcellating) the fibroids to remove them through the small incisions which is not recommended by the FDA, longer duration of surgery, and greater likelihood of missing fibroids that were not detected on the ultrasound/MRI. I was apprehensive about full surgery but after hours and hours (probably days!) of research and speaking with different doctors I knew full abdominal myomectomy was the right choice for me. My experience with Dr. Parker from the initial consultation to after surgery was excellent. Before surgery, Dr. Parker and his team provided plenty of information to help me prepare (incl. what to have at home for my recovery). During surgery, Dr. Parker’s team was frequently updating my husband so he was in the loop on my progress which was very thoughtful. They ended up removing 3 more fibroids which were not detected on MRI (for a total of 6). Yet another reason why abdominal myomectomy was the right choice. And following surgery I felt fully supported with Dr. Parker visiting and calling to check in on me. I was also pleasantly surprised by how small and low my incision is; it is truly hidden even under a low bikini and is a thin line. I must also mention how great Dr. Parker’s office staff is – they pick up the phone, are prompt when providing/processing paperwork, and are friendly. For me those “little things” were actually very important because preparing for surgery is stressful enough, you don’t need administrative challenges to make things any more difficult. My results so far have been great. After recovery where I took a month off from work, I’m now back to being able to exercise as much as I did before and thankfully my periods are now normal! Next step is trying to get pregnant, but even without that I’m so happy I had the surgery. Once I saw what had been in my uterus and now that my periods are normal, it seems unimaginable that I would have waited any longer, in fact I wish I had done it sooner. And while I was worried about surgery it really was manageable and I felt so lucky to have been under Dr. Parker’s care and expertise. I cannot recommend Dr. Parker and his team enough.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

I found out I have a 11 cm fibroid over a year ago. I have seen four OB doctors before I found Dr. William Parker. Three of them told me laparoscopic surgery is not an option (they said it has to be under 10cm). One of them told me hysterectomy is the only option. I was so glad my friend did a lot of research and found Dr. William Parker (because she also has big fibroid). After I first met Dr. Parker, I felt so confident of his profession. He told me he can laparoscopic surgery. I booked the surgery immediately. He is very personable. I felt so comfortable for him to do surgery for me. Now it has been two weeks after the surgery and I recover very well. The scars are also healed nicely. I can't say enough thank you to Dr. Parker. He is a very warm person and I feel he truly cares for all his patients.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

Dr. William Parker's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker is one of the most compassionate, intelligent, skilled surgeons/physicians I have gone too. I would highly recommend him to any women suffering from..."

February 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker is an excellent physician! Not only is he extremely knowledgeable and an expert in his field, his is extremely kind an compassionate! I would recom..."

February 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Parker is a gifted surgeon; because of Dr. Parker I have a uterus, I'm 32 years old and I was told by several doctors that I needed a hysterectomy; Dr Parker..."

January 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am incredibly grateful I found Dr Parker. He performed my recent myomectomy and what would have been considered difficult for some, seemed routine for him. ..."

January 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am forever grateful for Dr. William Parker. From the moment I entered the office I felt at ease. Everyone from the reception staff to the nursing staff was ex..."

December 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It was one of the scarier things to confront- having a giant fibroid- and Dr. Parker truly blew me away with his expertise, kindness and amazing scientific know..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The most exceptional doctor experience I have ever had; living many years both in Europe and in the United States. He is not just a doctor, he is a researcher, ..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I discovered fibroid while I was pregnant with my first baby. My fibroid grew to 9cm while I was pregnant with my second baby. My OB doctor say I don't need to ..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After about a year of watchful waiting I knew it was time to have my three submucosal fibroids removed (largest was 6 cm). I had very heavy periods and also kne..."

October 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found out I have a 11 cm fibroid over a year ago. I have seen four OB doctors before I found Dr. William Parker. Three of them told me laparoscopic surgery ..."

September 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Almost a year ago during my annual pap smear exam, I was diagnosed with fibroids. I had no clue what those were but was told they are not cancerous. After an Ul..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My fibroids started becoming very problematic and started affecting my quality of life more significantly about 4-5 years ago. My symptoms were pressure, bloat..."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am truly grateful to Dr. Parker. Prior to visiting Dr. Parker I had seen numerous doctors who could not offer abdominal myomectomy because they all told me my..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I came to Dr. Parker following a diagnosis of a very large mass that my gynecologist believed to be a uterine sarcoma. I consulted with doctors in my area who i..."

August 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Words can't even express how grateful I am to Dr. Parker. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for nearly 2 years. We finally decided to get some ..."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.William Parker must I say his name again Dr.William Parker there is not enough words to describe Dr. Parker.I searched the Internet for the the best dr that ..."

July 31, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "asgadsgag asefe gqeg ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

July 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker performed abdominal myomectomy on me in June with great success. Last fall my gynecologist found I had numerous fibroids (largest one is ~10cm) and m..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker is great. I would have never done this surgery with someone else. I had 3 fibroids and Dr Parker was able to get them out through laparoscope. I lo..."

July 18, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I will give a 0 to the office staff. They work as though they are doing a favor for free to the patients even though it is their job and they are being paid to ..."

June 28, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "The review below: Can you please explain what this means: "and alwasy support hnin ined so"? It will be helpful if you can explain.."

June 15, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Good Doctor but took more time to meet and alwasy support hnin ined so "

June 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker is Cool! I went to four different doctors in my area and none of them would take out my fibroids because I was told they were too big and that I nee..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Though I live in Saint Paul, Minnesota, I came to know Dr. Parker in 2014 after learning I had an 8cm fibroid that was causing me to hemorrhage and feel trapped..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best Decision, Best Doctor EVER!! My ordeal began over five years ago when I started to frequent the bathroom much more often than normal. It was soon discov..."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "“Fibroids? What’s that?” I asked my gynecology nurse practionier. “Oh, it’s just a fibroid – it’s nothing to worry about.” Well, guess what – it apparently wa..."

April 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If I could create the ideal doctor in a laboratory, this doctor would be experienced, use the latest surgical techniques, be compassionate, kind, caring, and be..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My relatively harmless fibroids had grown quadruple in less than a year. I was told by my OBGYN that I needed a myomectomy. This would be my first real surgery...."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Piece of cake. I had a 3-pound, pedunculated fibroid removed via abdominal myomectomy. This is my very FIRST surgery, and needless to say I was terrified not ..."

January 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I knew my ordeal was over at my first appointment with Dr. William Parker. We looked at my pelvic MRI images on his computer and he explained about the fibroid..."

January 1, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He stole $20 000 from me and told me to take a hike. He is horrible and I hate him."

December 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "hen I found out I had a grapefruit size fibroid inside of my uterus, I was devastated. I am only 27 and a hysterectomy is just unthinkable. I conducted a lot of..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "When I found out I had a grapefruit size fibroid inside of my uterus, I was devastated. I am only 27 and a hysterectomy is just unthinkable. I conducted a lot o..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 33 year old woman with no children but do hope to have children one day. In 2007, while in law school, I fell ill and was extremely weak and dizzy. After..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "How i got my husband back.Am Stacey Bruno by name I never believed in love spells or magic until I met this spell caster once when i went to see my friend in In..."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I absolutely, without hesitation, recommend Dr. Parker. His credentials, expertise, and demeanor are of the highest standards and you will be in great hands! ..."

November 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I decided to seek Dr. Parker for a second opinion after my previous obgyn advised me to do myomectomy to remove my uterine fibroid. The worst part was, my prev..."

November 13, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He was the best gynecologist I have ever been to. all of the other ones were terrible and most of them were not as good. he made me feel super comfortable and h..."

November 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Four years ago, I was diagnosed with having a very small uterine fibroid less than 2 cm. Within 6 months it had grown to an alarming 10 cm. My gynecologist to..."

November 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am truly grateful to Dr. Parker, not only for the second opinion (actually, fifth) that he provided me but also for the “second chance” that he gave my uterus..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker was the seventh doctor that I had seen. My surgery was complicated, and I wanted to be in the hands of a great surgeon. I’m glad I waited. I had ve..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My small fibroid grew over the last eight years into multiple fibroids of 13 large and small, total 3 pounds, the size of 5 months pregnancy, the size which I c..."

October 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Parker took more time getting to know me and my symptoms and goals (and answering my questions) than any other health care professional I’ve ever met. He w..."

October 8, 2014
  • City changed from "SANTA MONICA" to "LOS ANGELES"

July 28, 2013