Ratings for Dr. William Yau

I have been going to dr yau for 15-16 years. I've known him since I was a child. He used to be great. In the past two years he has misdiagnosed me multiple times and gave me medication that I overdosed on. He has stopped listening to his patients from what I can tell. Overbooks himself constantly. Rush rush. Receptionists are almost always rude, and gives preference to Chinese patients. I have stopped going to him which was a difficult decision but my health is more important than loyalty.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I had been seeing Dr Yau for sometime. When I first came to him about 15 years ago he was a great doctor. He took his time with you and went through all the choices you had on how to treat certain issues. He asked questions and he sat and listened. These last few years I've noticed an increase in his office with people. He no longer asks questions or cares to listen to the issues. I had a bad cold once and was explaining all the symptoms I had had.. he only cared for those he asked me about. He is rushed and couldn't care less about his patients now. I know he schedules 3 people in a 15 minute block plus allows walk ins. This will just let you know how busy he is now. I also believe he's become money hungry. I have heard on 2 separate occasions where he didn't listen and his patients have ended up in emergency. I do not recommend Dr Yau as a family doctor now, he's more of a walk in clinic type of Doctor and even then I think a walk in Dr will take more time with you.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I have seen doctor Yau for the past 20 years and he prescribes medication that works for you and he sees you in a timely fashion

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

I have seen Dr. Yau for years since Dr. Cheng retired. He is not a good doctor. MONEY HUNGER. All that said about him are true. He prescribed medication and expects you to take them even you told him you have all the side effects from the pills. Then he did not send me to do an ECG and urine test for CP when i told him I stop taking my medicine. DO NOT see this doctor.Does not concern about his patients.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Failed to provide summary of patients history as entitled to under the law. That failure is an ILLEGAL ACT. Typical of other failures as a Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I've been seeing Dr Yau for about 16 years. He is our family Dr.. I have nothing bad to say about him. He is quite busy, so its clear he does have a lot of patients that do see him, all returning cause they do not accept new patients. Not a fan of the staff though, never was haha

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I HAVE BEEN SEEING THIS QUACK SINCE DR CHENG RETIRED I WAS HAPPY WHEN HE ASKED ME T O FIND A GOOD DR I BECAME TO MUCH WORK FOR HIM I DO NOT RECOMEND ANYONE TO SEE THIS MONEY HUNGRY SO AND SO HE KNOWS WHO I AM

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

This doctor treats by boyfriend he gives out pills like they are candy. He has no problem giving out OxyContin and sleeping pills to him. This doctor should have his license taken away. Doctor who can't see they are feeding into a person addiction. Dr Yau should be asking more questions before prescribing such pills.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I truly believe that Dr. Yau's lack of concern for his patience caused the death of my mother at the age of 67.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

The staff here for the most part are pretty rude. There's an older lady who is nice but the middle aged one is horrible and treats you like a neanderthal. Dr. Yau is a decent doctor but his office is all about quantity, not quality. It seems like he wants you out of his office ASAP without fully tending to your concerns. I went to see him regarding one problem, and he keeps saying to bring it up next time, at the next check up or the next test results-analysis. I've seen him twice and he still hasn't even addressed the problem. His wait times are absolutely ridiculous. Even if you book an appointment, you'll have to wait minimum 30 minutes before you're seen. Overall, hes a good doctor but he needs to slow down and address his patients' concerns. Perhaps he should have designated walk-in days and appointment days.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016