Ratings for Dr. Alan David Brown

I was treated by him as a teenager many years ago. He was the first person to realize I was suffering from bipolar disorder and not just "being a regular over-emotional teen looking for attention". His diagnosis, quite frankly, saved my life. It led to me to finding a medication that worked. He clearly cares deeply for his young patients and I remember how easy it was to talk to him.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

In cases where there is a joint custody situation and both parents are not able to be present at a meeting it should be understood that both parents are to be fully informed about the care of, and recommendations for their child. It is not enough to simply believe that one parent will inform the other. Unfortunately that's just not always reality. When a parent calls to speak to Dr. Brown to find out important information about their child only to be told that he doesn't take calls because he is too busy, it can really leave that parent in the dark. Perhaps policy needs to be enforced or updated.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I was treated by him when I was a child. I am glad to see that he has improved. I was sent to him after I was kidnapped. I didn't speak so he slept through the sessions. This is what I remember of him. Not the help I received or anything else just the fact that he didn't bother. As an adult I am better after seeking treatment on my own after having a horrible life he could have helped with. I wish there was a negative rating for him. Good to see he's come a long way since then and hopefully his patients aren't still falling through the cracks.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Amazing! He is such a great psychiatrist and I love going to him!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Great Doctor probably the best in Child Psychiatry in Ontario.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Wonderful Doctor! We met dr b during our stay at the hospital and he is and has been a gift sent to us.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

His secretary Diane is ignorant as can be she is rude couldn't help an ant over a doorway and puts patients down however doctor brown is the sweetest kindest most helpful man you will ever meet god bless that mans soul if u can get past the ignorant secretary then this is the best doctor to see

Submitted May 29, 2015

I found Dr. Brown had great Staff in old Oakville. I felt a sense of calm there. It was not my decision to go. The Staff were very organized. Dr. Always watches his watch. I was a missing child. Dr. Brown suggested I was having some sort of delusion. I proved 9 years later that I was indeed missing. Dr. Brown did not take the time to listen to me. I felt my words were not respected and I would prefer not to rate you at all. I do rate you 3 because if you had not made me question my own sanity I may not have fought so hard for the truth. It was worth it. Knowledge

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Dr Brown is a wonderful person and great doctor. I am lucky to have had him as my doctor all these years

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

Just an amazing Doctor all around; words can't do him justice and I couldn't think of what he could do better as a psychiatrist. Now, to explain the 4 on punctuality, putting it at a 5 would be a lie because he isn't punctual at ALL and you WILL end up waiting past your appointment time almost 100% of the time. Now, if this is extremely important to you or is make or break for you I ask you to please reconsider. This is just part of how he does things and he always takes time out of his schedule to help you out; he never makes you feel like you're on a clock. This is what leads to him being late, often he will stay after hours just to help you out and make sure you understand not too worry and it will take the time that it does. So, I put a 4 because a 5 would be a lie, but I think that really it's a requirement to be a good psychiatrist and that he deserves a commendation for it.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2014

Dr. Alan David Brown's Credentials

• McMaster University (Grad. 1979)

Amerigroup