Ratings for Dr. Alan David Brown

After years of suffering Dr. Brown saved my daughters life. Dr Brown and his staff are amazing people. I am grateful to him and his team.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

He's the best doctor I've ever had. He got me through a lot of tough times in my life. He's like family at this point. He works incredibly hard and he makes sure to find a solution that works. I've really thankful to have had him as my doctor for the past 20 years.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

He's an amazing doctor. He really makes an effort to see inside your mind and his diagnosis and treatment honestly saved my life. I first met him when I was hospitalized and he made that experience so much easier on me and my family, and I continued to see him after. He connects with his patients and treats you like a person, not a sick person. He cares so much about his child and adolescent patients; he works all day between the hospital and his private practice, and takes the time needed to do his job. He really knows what he's doing and he's the best psychiatrist I have ever received treatment from.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

I was treated by him as a teenager many years ago. He was the first person to realize I was suffering from bipolar disorder and not just "being a regular over-emotional teen looking for attention". His diagnosis, quite frankly, saved my life. It led to me to finding a medication that worked. He clearly cares deeply for his young patients and I remember how easy it was to talk to him.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

In cases where there is a joint custody situation and both parents are not able to be present at a meeting it should be understood that both parents are to be fully informed about the care of, and recommendations for their child. It is not enough to simply believe that one parent will inform the other. Unfortunately that's just not always reality. When a parent calls to speak to Dr. Brown to find out important information about their child only to be told that he doesn't take calls because he is too busy, it can really leave that parent in the dark. Perhaps policy needs to be enforced or updated.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I was treated by him when I was a child. I am glad to see that he has improved. I was sent to him after I was kidnapped. I didn't speak so he slept through the sessions. This is what I remember of him. Not the help I received or anything else just the fact that he didn't bother. As an adult I am better after seeking treatment on my own after having a horrible life he could have helped with. I wish there was a negative rating for him. Good to see he's come a long way since then and hopefully his patients aren't still falling through the cracks.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Amazing! He is such a great psychiatrist and I love going to him!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Great Doctor probably the best in Child Psychiatry in Ontario.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Wonderful Doctor! We met dr b during our stay at the hospital and he is and has been a gift sent to us.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

His secretary Diane is ignorant as can be she is rude couldn't help an ant over a doorway and puts patients down however doctor brown is the sweetest kindest most helpful man you will ever meet god bless that mans soul if u can get past the ignorant secretary then this is the best doctor to see

Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr. Alan David Brown's Credentials

• McMaster University (Grad. 1979)