Ratings for Dr. Rosemary L. Cannistraro

She cares. She takes the time to listen. She is very smart. She checks on me to make sure I'm following her plan and that I'm getting better. She will fit me in her office and stay late to see me when I'm sick. Couldn't ask for a better doctor.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

Dr. Cannistraro is a knowledgeable, compassionate, thorough physician in the top level of clinical practitioners. She is warm, smart, pleasant, and speaks to the patient openly, letting the patient help guide decisions. Going to a doctor can be stressful, even for a routine check-up. She has a wide range of interests within internal medicine with advanced training and certifications. The practice of medicine has changed drastically in the last decade. She has incorporated what is good about the new world of healthcare while maintaining the ability to communicate with the patient. Unlike others, she looked at me while we spoke instead of entering data in a computer. I appreciate her personal style and excellent care. My review of Dr. Rosemary Cannistraro is coming from my personal impression over several visits. I am a healthcare provider with 2 decades of experience, knowing how this business works and what happens in an office. She is great.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I REALLY LOVE Dr. Cannistraro! What a superb doctor!! She is very very knowledgeable in BOTH medicine and vitamins!! I like that she always stresses many forms of natural options. I've never had such a thorough doctor!! She is exceptionally caring, very attentive and goes out of her way to address every last little patient question and detail. Dr C NEVER makes you feel rushed or unimportant! Yes, there is sometimes (not every time) a wait, but she is absolutely worth it! If you go in the morning the wait is small! We really need more doctors like her! As far as her staff goes, while the front girl isn't super a super bubbly person, she's not mean. Valerie in the billing department was very prompt and helpful when I had an insurance issue that required multiple calls and weeks to get settled! I'd definitely recommend her and I do to all of my family and friends!!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2014

Staff is very rude and unhelpful. I have actually had the receptionist try to diagnose me over the phone. I love Dr. Cannistraro but her staff is making me want to leave and go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

Tried to get some needed DME equipment, and the doctor's office doesn't "turn their fax machine on!" Could NOT believe in this day and age, that a DOCTOR'S OFFICE would simply refuse to receive faxes! What other modern technology do they ignore? Had to wait weeks to get my equipment because of the delay.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2010

Rarely wait less than 45 minutes despite arriving early for all appointments. Question knowledge since doctor freely issues specialist referrals - even for simple health issues. This results in unnecessary medical costs in both time and dollars. Staff is horrendous and shows no care or concern for a patient's welfare over their convenience. Turnover borders on the ridiculous where patients are left feeling that the doctor runs a training office. Patients are blamed for staff turn-over and are unceremoniously 'fired.' There is no investigation that involves the patient in accusations made by staff. Medical decisions are made taking the desires of the staff before the physical, psychological, emotional health of the patient. This is a dangerous environment.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

I arrived at 1:30 for a 2pm appointment. I was still sitting in exam room at 3:15. I left and requested my money back. She might be a great Dr., but her scheduling practices leave a bit to be desired. I won't go back.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

I have a medical emergency and I needed to call to either speak to a nurse or Dr. Cannistraro, or set up an appointment. I got through on one of their lines and the answering machine picked up. Then, someone picked up the phone on their end and hung up. This happened 4 times. I then called their emergency hotline and the woman told me that they were on lunch and to call back after 1:00pm and explained that this may be why they weren't answering. I cannot believe they would do that. I truly need to speak to my doctor now and this is horrible. She has been great all of the times that I've seen her, late, but great. Her staff needs some much needed help, they are slow and uncaring, and make you feel silly for asking questions.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Staff is very slow in responding to requests for lab results and faxing of medical records. Nurses are in a hurry and don't explain lab results in a detailed way. Doctor's referral did not seem based on my best interests, but rather on which doctor she was already familiar with. Mailing of referrals is extremely slow due to inefficient mail system. I am looking for a new doctor. The poor quality of the staff and office management override any benefit of seeing this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

Dr. C is a great person and doctor. She listens and is very supportive, not only from a medical angle but from a holistic approach.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008

Dr. Rosemary L. Cannistraro's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)