Ratings for Dr. James A. Darrow

Dr. Darrow is a very nice man, but seems to prefer a simple solution of writing a quick script vs. digging into the root of a condition. He is fine if you have an acute condition that can be treated quickly with a pill, shot, or referral; but I prefer that my physicians view themselves as part of my personal health and wellness team.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Darrow for many years now and have always found him extremely caring and always willing to listen to me and work out a plan to help me. He has always been compassionate and friendly. He has been a Godsend for me and i appreciate everything he has done to help me.Thank you Dr Darrow, i for one have complete confidence in you.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

That a skeptic, cynic and iconoclast has been seeing Dr. Darrow for 16 years--my family were one of his first patients--should be sufficiently creditable to minimize much of the criticisms in the other reviews. I've lived in six states with dozens of doctors and find Dr. Darrow to be quite competent. He's referred me to specials whenever needed. He's been completely willing to work with me on any issue I've brought his way, and cared enough to lecture me when I'm doing something "sub-optimal." I also have mental health disorders and the Dr. has always been helpful. Always very willing to listen and accept suggestions from a confirmed smart-ass, so I'd say he has good patient relationships, and patience, His staff is efficient and polite, nurses in particular. I moved from Eldridge eight years ago but still prefer him as my primary.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

I really enjoy having Dr. Darrow as my doctor! He's been very helpful in helping me to lower my cholesterol and in bringing down my weight.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

He doesn't take the time to find out what is really wrong with his patients. Unless you have just the common cold, I wouldn't refer anyone there. Not qualified to treat more.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010

inpatient, unhelpful, seems to lack any sense of empathy.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2010

He is helpful and knowledgeable. He made sure to call me and follow up while I was at home. Called me personally with lab results.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

Dr. Darrow is a very cocky doctor, who thinks he can cure it all. He refuses to refer patients to outside help, until they beg and plead. After 9 different medicines he finally refered me to an outside doctor. And when that doctor wasnt what I was looking for, he refused to refer me elsewhere. Mental illness isnt something to be taken lightly, but he really doesnt seem to understand that.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Dr. James A. Darrow's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

HIP