Ratings for Dr. Mitchell E. Heun

Dr. Heun rushes through everything, trying to get the patient in and out of the office as fast as posible without doing a good evaluation of the issue. He does not care what the outcome is, as long as it does not take too long. Would recomend seeing another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2012

The front desk lady was fine. The nurse was not his usual nurse so I got someone else.I prefer Lindsey nice and friendly but the new nurse was fine. Dr. Huhne took very good care of me. He was on time, which is a big thing because I had to get to work. The doctor was very through in explaining my new founded illness. I went to several doctors and got no results. I was refered by a friend that takes his family and kids to see him. I really liked him. He actaully took his time with me and my wife to explain my treatments and the kind of care i need to get over this desease.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

Dr. Heun is absolutely amazing. He took care of me in my time of need and I will always be greatful to have been assigned such a brilliant, intelligent doctor.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

I agree Mitch is as dry as toast. after years of seeing him (often repeated visits for the same treatment needed)well, I switched. Dr. Richard Peller is also with the Mankato clinic, Wickersham campus. Mitch has his faults but this guy is down right rude. It is time to switch clinics. If you have a patient "bill of rights" bring it with you these guys have not seen it and you will have something to read during the long wait.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

He doesn't listen to nor care very much about his patients. For example, after each annual physical rather than discuss the results to help plan any lifestyle changes or re-evaluate medications for cholesterol and heart problems I just get a letter stating "everything is within normal limits, call if you have questions, and see you nest year". That is not a marker of a doctor who gives a damn about his patients. When I go in to see him regarding an illness his standard course is to run labs and then send a note saying "well it all looks fine call if you have questions". He never says what tests he ordered (ironic since I get to pay for them but don't get to know what they are) nor does he explain what "normal" means if I am still sick. Does he think I'm lying, wasting his time, or what? He seems like a competent doctor and nice enough person. He simply doesn't care or doesn't understand that there is more to patient care than read outs, lab results and getting us out the door.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2009

Dr. Mitchell E. Heun's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Caresource