Ratings for Dr. Berton Ung

Dr Ung is very thorough. He is a very kind , caring and compationate doctor. I would highly recommend him to anyone .

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

He was my mother's doctor before I went to him. He visited the seniours building where she lived regularly. What I found was that he's young and fresh and he tries hard to understand the concerns of his patients. I sent both my daughters and they trust his judgment. He tries to refer people to other doctors who have a similar mindset to the practice of medicine as he does. I've had several referrals for various problems. He discussed his choices with me and I wasn't disappointed.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

VERY GOOD DOCTOR, FRINDLY HELP FULL , AND KNOLDGEABLE, MY HOEL FAMILY USE HIM, AS THERE DOCTOR

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Appointments are kept on time. Very good service..

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Dr. Ung is and for sure will be the best family doctor ever and as long as I live in GTA does not matter how far from his office, with no doubt, I stay with him and his great colleagues in Scarborough.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I, too, was a patient of Dr. Murphy and Dr. Taggert. Dr. Ung took over the practice. In 1997 I became disabled with at the time an unknown illness. I 100% know that Dr. Ung saved my life with his knowledge and the rare ability to listen. He sent me to many specialists until I was diagnosed. in 2011 I was called in after blood work. It was through his quick actions that I was sent right away to the proper specialist where I was diagnosed with aggressive stage 4 cancer. For the second time his knowledge and quick actions saved my life. I live about 100 kilometers from his office now and I wouldn't change Doctors for anything. His staff responds right away to my phone calls. I have never met a better and more friendly Nurse than Aggie. I must add that Dr. Ung is friendly, truly cares about his patients, and is very knowledgeable. I completely trust Dr. Ung. I have only witnessed professional and friendly communications between the Staff and patients while I am in the waiting room. Thank you Dr. Ung (And Aggie) for helping me to still be in this world.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Dr. Ung seems to be a nice doctor. I agree with some of the comments below. However, it seems that he is so busy seeing a lot of patients in his office that he hardly takes phone calls himself. You have to deal with the assistants, receptionist or nurse who do not even know how to answer the inquiries, most of the time. Though this doctor is quite nice and have good relation with patients, the staff are horrible! I have heard a lot of negative remarks about his staff in his office. No one can give you a straight answer to your questions or requests and do not know how to handle it. What is worse, if they do not know how to handle it, you will usually be referred to one single person (Connie, an oriental) who is even worse as she also does not seem knowledgeable. She is impatient, not compassionate to patients (taking advantage of the weak), not giving reasonable answers, very insensible in her conversations. Her responses seem to be mostly guesses, so she has something to say or tell you, and maybe to cut patients off from further inquiring, either on the phone or in person. The exception would be Aggie who seems to be caring and compassionate.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

I have been going to Dr Ung for 18 years, he is a excellent doctor all my referral are first class and concern or issue are taking care of and he listening to every word and thought you may have and put them into act. so if one is not happy just go find a new Doctor don't say thing bad about him he spend a lot of years to where he is and I am happy with him he has great referral and contact with specialist.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Dr. Ung is a great family Doctor. He is attentive and caring.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

My Husband and I have been going to Dr.Ung for over 12 yrs.now. He has always been very good to us, we have always found him to be a very intelligent man, good manners,helpful in everyway. Takes his time to sit and talk to you. If he feels you need to see a specialist, he will give you a reference, without hesitation. And as for the people that mentioned his english I have never had any trouble understanding him. And I have never had any problems with his staff they are also very helpful and pleasant. I I would never change Doctors I have never had one as good as Dr. Ung.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011