Ratings for Dr. James E. Binkard

Absolute quack!!!! I had to defend my reasoning for wanting yearly labs run???? I am over 40, overweight, and on blood pressure and cholesterol medication. Don't you think that is something that should be monitored??? I am a RN and he made sure to also tell me that nurses are the WORST patients. Maybe because we are educated and we don't believe the absurd lies that he tried to tell me??? I have taken ADDERALL off and on for over 10 years. I have never taken it on a daily basis, just when I was in a position where I needed to focus. I have never tried to get it refilled early, and usually never got it refilled as scheduled. My previous doctor that was in his practice prescribed it for me. That MD moved to Urgent Care and I was given to Dr. Binkard for my primary. He not only changed my prescription to extended release(which I tried without question for 3 months), but he also cut my dose in half and tried to convince me that it was the same thing???? To top it off he gives me a speech about how people abuse pain meds and other control substances and makes me sign an "contract" about controlled meds like I am either an addict or I am selling my meds!!!! I did not fill any of the prescriptions after this visit and I will NEVER see him again. Just FYI he is a DO not an MD they usually have TOTALLY different views on medicine. This guy is useless!!!!

Submitted September 5, 2017

If you have more than one problem be prepared to schedule more than one appointment . He has no time to listen to your concerns. Not a good family doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

Did not care for Dr Binkard at all! He seemed nice enough at first, but does not pay enough attention to your health issues.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Binkard is not aggressive as far as treating anything...he always wants to wait and see. Obviously if you're there you've already waited and saw you weren't getting any better. I feel he's just a waste of my time and money...Dr. Flurry is awesome.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2010

One of the best Doctors I've ever been to. He listens to the patient, does not rush in-rush out and his advice has been very good. The only bad point is that his secretary does not smile and is not friendly - she's more like a robot.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

I like that he respected my time as valuable. He was ontime and I could get back to work. I liked him and will refer him to anyone that needs a doctor in our area

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

Dr. James E. Binkard's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1980)