Ratings for Dr. Dan Heslinga

Dr. Heslinga used to be a good doctor. Used to. But over the years, he's lost touch with how to help his patients, focusing instead on money, getting accolades from his peers, and nothing else. The last time I saw him, he didn't listen to a word I said, and actually pulled out his phone to start texting while I was talking to him! I've never been so disrespected and ignored by a physician in my life (and I have seen a lot of different doctors). Usually if a doctor has an emergency they either leave the room or excuse themselves by telling you it's an emergency call they have to take. He just didn't care that I was there, still waiting for a diagnosis. He is the single most dismissive, unhelpful doctor I've ever seen, and the fact that he used to be a good doctor who went out of his way for his patients just makes it worse. The only good part of seeing him is that the doctor he used to partner with is much better than he is. I would suggest seeing anyone else before seeing Dr. Heslinga.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

Don't see this guy if possible. He rushes you out of the exam room and gives poor advice. It took him forever to write a referral form when I let his staff know I needed it ASAP. Heslinga is only interested in money with his exact words "I'm trying to run a business here." He's an arrogant ass and I'll be sure to change doctors ASAP.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

Dr. Dan Heslinga's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Kaneohe, HI