Ratings for Dr. Anthony Galea

I had PRP on my right shoulder 2 years ago, (my specialist wanted me to have surgery which would have been an 8month recovery) so happy I saw Dr. Galea. 3 PRPs and my shoulder is still great!! Highly recommend him

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

Galea is one of the best orthopaedic surgeons in Canada, he helped with my knee, and is great in the velodrome!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

I just started seeing him couple months ago. And I the first visit. I knew he was the guy. I love him. He is always busy because he is trying to help a lot of people. And every question I asked him no matter what it was. He answered is for me. I'm on my first PRP treatment. I got 2 more to go. I thank him for being there to help us regular people. He could Be out on tours working with athlete but he stays here to help his own community. Thank you Doc Looking forward to see you soon.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Wow, what a wealth of knowledge. The staff were and helpful and professional. Once Dr. Galea examined my knees he found out there was another issue occurring, something 4 other doctors were not able to catch. He is quite busy, took me 2 months to meet with him but he's definitely worth the wait.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

My ortho surgeon was ready to operate(again) on my gimpy knee. The last surgery for whatever reason did not go well so I was reluctant to limp for another 6 months. Dr. G proposed weekly plasma/platelet injections over a Six week period. Thought what the heck, nothing to lose. Within 3 weeks I was getting around without limping but more importantly without pain. I'm no athlete but made me feel as important as the who's who of Canadian athletics who were in the clinic with me. My advice is start HERE ; if you're problem is more complicated that needs surgery Dr. Tony will send you to the best. As for the stuff that's been negatively referred to-we all make judgement errors in our lives but none of that has anything to do with the highest level of cutting edge care you will receive from him

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

Dr. Galea is a genius, seen a few different doctors, and knee specialists, none could help, within 30 seconds of seeing me Dr. Galea saw what my problem was! my only regret was not seeing him earlier! He's a Genius!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

What an amazing doctor. I was diagnosed by Dr. Galea after going through over 25 other medical professionals and a year of chronic and unrelenting pain. Although I am not a professional athlete I like to think of myself as a fitness fanatic and Dr. Galea treated me like a pro. Always took the time to make sure I understood what the problem was and to answer all my questions. Cannot thank him enough. Canada's health system needs more doctors like him.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I would like to take the time to let anyone and everyone intrested in seeing Dr. Galea what an amazing doctor he is ! I went to see Dr. Galea yesterday with my 16 year old daughter who has not lived a day without back pain for the last 2 years. We are not famous athletes or movie stars yet Dr. Galea treated us as with the up most importance as he would treat Tiger Woods. He promised to get to the root of my daughters issuses and started tests to see how best to treat her..I have taken her to numours doctors , massage therapists, physio therapists and chiropator and I really believe that Dr. Galea will find the cause of her pain and finally treat her so she can be pain free. As for myself I have torn my ACL and he has taken it as a very serious issus and I believe he will do whatever needs to be done to get me back on my feet and leading the active life that I enjoy ! So I would like to say Thank You Dr. Gealea for treating myself and my daughter as if we where world champion athletes.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Dr. Galea is a great guy, he helped me out years ago when I really needed a helping hand and will be forever in his debt. The women at the front desk are a different story though. He used to have the most amazing friendly front desk staff and I knew them all on first name basis. The ones that he has working for him now are a bunch of snobby, snarky, conceited, selfish, ill-tempered, self-centered, full of themselves, competitively jealous patronizing prima donna princesses who really go out of their way to make a person feel uncomfortable. Oh and they lie too. They mess up and lie about it to him so that he turns on long time patients. Its ok, miss the doctor lots, don't miss the cattiness of his front desk but I'm sure the good doctor is aware of how they are and therefore is allowing this to continue,

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

So much salty comments on this thread. LOL @ the guy with the "Barbie doll" comment. Probably tried to hit on her and got rejected! Galea honestly isnt even the best doctor at his own clinic.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014