Ratings for Dr. Anthony Galea

Dr. Galea treated me many years ago and was not only compassionate and knowledgeable, but he is a doctor who does not let you fall through the bureaucratic cracks. He did the appropriate assessment and examination of my neck and back pain and ordered tests to diagnose the problem. More than anything, he was optimistic about my recovery and set me up with an amazing physiotheraptist (sports medicine). I went to a few doctors before having the correct diagnosis and treatment from Dr. Galea. He was

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I saw Dr. Galea a few years back. I was experiencing excruciating constant nerve pain for more than a year in my left leg and hip. My GP req’d an xray which returned normal results and decided it was unnecessary to investigate further despite my throbbing pain which also kept me from being able to sleep. A friend recommended Dr. Galea and I had an appointment within a month. Within the first 15 minutes of my appointment with Dr. Galea, just from listening to my concerns and symptoms, he agreed something was not right (I was young, fit and active). He ordered an MRI on my spine (lumbar) and I had an appt within the month. MRI results showed I had an 8cm tumour inside my spinal cord. He referred me to the best Neurosurgeon in the area and within 2 months I had surgery to remove the tumour which luckily turned out to be benign. Dr. Galea is the most compassionate and empathetic doctor I have ever met. He is extremely knowledgeable, professional and has access to the best specialist contacts. I cannot praise Dr. Galea enough. We are extremely lucky to have him in our health system.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Thank you for healing my knee, now I can resume my normal training without pain! Dr. Galea is the best, and truly cares for your wellbeing and health.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

His receptionist is rude and his wife is worse. Can't fake a smile , we see right through that. His wait time is next to impossible and if it's an emergency both ladies will still make you wait months. Galea is compassionate and very helpful and has my family with many injuries. I would just love to fire both of the female and throw them in the snow. Garbage !

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

He is fantastic!I have seen many many doctors including travelling to the mayo clinic and they could not come up with any options for my knee pain. He reviewed my reports and right away I noticed something that has been present in every MRI reporter over the past painful 4 years. After attempting a few different things with no success he pushed to have a benign growth removed. The procedure was just done so I'm not sure if it was successful or not as it was just done but upon follow up with him he told me we would not give up until we came up with a solution. There are not many doctors like him. If every doctor could be like him it would be a much better medical system. He puts his patients first . He looks at every case with new eyes and such incredible bedside manner. I cannot say enough good things about him. Because of him I know I am going to get my life back pain free. I have dealt with many arrogant doctors this is not one of them. Very kind and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Dr A. Galea is the best in the world I was young and fit bodybuilder and I asked him for extra push he told me NO you don't need it well yes I was upset at the time but he is honest and I miss him he lessen not like the Doctor I have now wish he still my doctor

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

He is the Best Dr I have ever seen he is so smart and very easy to talk to and he listens!!!!. I have know him for 24 years and had Shock wave therapy, to treat my Plantar Fascitis Great results! I have also had PRP on my knees with another Great outcome. I highly recommend Dr. Galea.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I had PRP on my right shoulder 2 years ago, (my specialist wanted me to have surgery which would have been an 8month recovery) so happy I saw Dr. Galea. 3 PRPs and my shoulder is still great!! Highly recommend him

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

Galea is one of the best orthopaedic surgeons in Canada, he helped with my knee, and is great in the velodrome!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

I just started seeing him couple months ago. And I the first visit. I knew he was the guy. I love him. He is always busy because he is trying to help a lot of people. And every question I asked him no matter what it was. He answered is for me. I'm on my first PRP treatment. I got 2 more to go. I thank him for being there to help us regular people. He could Be out on tours working with athlete but he stays here to help his own community. Thank you Doc Looking forward to see you soon.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016