Ratings for Dr. Martin Kucerak

I too felt that he had made his decision before i entered the room and since I waited so long to see him and my pain is seasonal, I was in a good season and he didn't believe me when I told him my symptoms. Was in tears when I left.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

I woul never ever recommend this doctor to even my worst enemy.. He kept me comming back again and again and kept telling me that I needed to try all these different medications before I could apply for biologics.. I saw a different doctor who said I only needed to try two different ones and that doctor applied right away.. Dr K also kept perscribing be narcotics and then when I missed ONE appointment he fired me as a patient and had the nerve to tell my GP I had a problem with narcotics but I never took anything he didn't peracribe me!! He was a POS money grabber who didn't give a care about my well being.. I saw Dr Appleton last week and left the office in tears of joy because I finally had a doctor who cared about me and my life changing diagnosis and I finally felt like there is a great chance I will feel "normal" again.. I give this doctor 0 out of 5 and hope that no one ever has to go threw what I did!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

I had the impression that he had already made up his mind that I didn't have Lupus or RA before he entered the room. His first comments were to tell me that pain was a perception that was really taking place in the brain. Having been diagnosed with Hashimoto's 20 years ago, I have not been prone to doctor visitations except to renew my Thyroid meds, and with this increase in symptoms that are compliant with Lupus, I'm sure my pain is not psychosomatic...there is something happening with my skin and internal organs. His manner was also disturbing as he stood there with his eyes closed for much of the time that he was talking. He repeated a couple of times that if I would get moving, I would feel better, even after I told him that I used to love walking but I now was too dizzy and tired to endure it. He had no answers for my skin rashes and inability to heal. He said he would make some recommendations to my doctor and left the room abruptly. I felt rather deflated. After waiting for six months for the appointment and then being treated as if I had been wasting his time, I have to agree with some of the comments in this review. The staff was great but I found him very unhelpful.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Not very helpful. Didn't listen to all my symptoms. Seemed fixated on one thing. Issue was not resolved. Didn't seem to care about the pain I was in and that things were not resolved.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

My mother goes to him and I find me very helpful and caring and always answer any questions we have.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

I don't understand all the negative comments aimed at Dr Kucerak. He is low key but was very helpful to me. He took the time to explain in detail what was going on and mapped out a plan of action. I was wary having read these reviews prior to my visits but I can't complain.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

My husband has been dealing with this Dr. for over a year. He was diagnosed with RA. About 3 months ago my husbands feet were starting to get tingly. He went to see Dr. K. In Aug. and was told this was happening. He took him off on of his meds and three weeks later my husband had drop feet. I rushed him to the hospital. That day Dr. K. came in and was very sheepest did not have any answers.Two days later he returned and I had a lot of questions for him. He was very rude did not want me to ask questions. I asked him if he even had RA (rhuematoid arthritis) he told me he could have cancer for all we know. No test to determine that. I was so upset with his comment he made. How dare he make a statement like that when there were no test to determine cancer. He is the most arrogant, rudest person I have ever encountered. I am writting to the Head of the Medical department to place our complaint. Also we are no longer going to be seeing again as we asked to see a real Rumetologist.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

Seen for a stress test. FP suggested I ask re: my arthritis. Refused to consider arthritis issue. Abrupt, non interested, condescending. Flat affect, not simply uncharming, rather off putting. Performed in perfunctory manner. More interested in perusing properties on internet with nurse/assistant adjacent to where I lay.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

I experienced the same as prior comments. He's unwilling to help. Doesn't listen, is old school. Very rude! Primary Health Care is being encouraged more than ever where you now have a team of health professionals that work together to help you manage your illness. He's failing miserably in doing this. I'm going to be proactive and have this Dr. audited along with putting a complaint with every Professional Association I can find. He's governed by policies & procedures which he's continuously violating by neglecting his patients. Fraser Health presents several conferences throughout the year where they feature patient complaint stories, i'm going to submit his Rx of patients as a case study of everything one should not do to their patients. This should not be tolerated. I recommend that you all do the same. Strength is in numbers, if you get mistreated then report the dr. thro formal channels; our healthcare system takes these types of complaints very seriously.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

this doctor was at the abbotsford regional hospital on june 2/2010 supervising what is called the persantine myocardial perfusion test. our mother had her test that day which was the biggest mistake of her life. something went wrong with the test. needless to say 6 months later and still going she has lost her toes and the fingers are next(we were lucky because they wanted to amputate her nose.hands and feet. she got dry gangrene. we asked him at the meeting with the admin were was he when she pleaded for life to stop the test. the technician told her just a few min. more and she would give an antidote. were was he when her hand had a black circle on it? were was he when she felt ill? she should have been flushed immediately and kept in the hospital for observation. why did the tech not get him for help. he had no comment. he never learned. saw him at the hospital speaking with another doctor arrogant. run if he is recommended. article in abby news sept 24. neglect is what happened .

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010