Ratings for Dr. John H. Babson

Absolutely horrible! I have never in my 45 years been to such a disrespectful office in my life. First thing is first, Dr. Babson was very kind, caring and knowledgeable when I finally got to see him, but his staff was horrendous. I waited in the waiting room for 25 minutes I went up and asked about my appointment, the girl at the front desk was rude and had a very snotty attitude rolled her eyes at me and walked away without giving me an answer. Everyone in the back office giggled at her nasty remark as if was acceptable to treat patients this way. When I was finally taken to a room I addressed why I was there and the girl didn't even document what I told her so when the Dr. Came in I had reexplain everything. As I was leaving I stood at the check out counter waiting to be checked out, I was completely ignored by the staff while they carried a personal conversation about another patient. I thought all patient information was to be confidential and not spoken about in public open areas out loud. I will not return to this office. I then called to speak with someone about my experience and all I was told was that they would talk to the stuff and that was it. This is not how you run a professional office.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

I was diagnosed incorrectly and not thoroughly examined for the symptoms my body was presenting. Also there were times I gave information about my sensitivities to medications that were not taken into consideration. One associate I saw was extremely rude and insensitive. There have been times I have been in and did not feel comfortable due to lack of privacy. I would not recommend this office to those seeking good quality care.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

Great staff friendly, and they are always there for me. VERY HAPPY

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

The office said that they were a in-network provider for my insurance comapany so I paid my co-pay at the time of service. They took my co-pay for services. I also presented my insurance card at the time. Later I got a bill for over $200 that said that they weren't a member of the network. The collection clerk at the office refused to change the billing. I had been a patient ever since Dr. Babson came to town about 30 to 40 years ago, and sent him many new patients. He is a good DR but the office doesn't care about loyalty. I will not send another referal to him.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2012

I actually have no idea what kind of care dr. Babson gives. I didnt even make it that far. I am new to the area and looking for a primary care doctor and was telling the receptionist my needs over the phone when she interrupted my first few words and said, "If you will stop talking now, maybe I can give you the appointment times." I was shocked by the rudeness of this woman. I do not recommend any doctor's office that makes you feel like you are putting the staff out simply by trying to make an appointment.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

Office friendly, Dr B. compassionate and understanding. Does seem rushed and handleling too many patients at once.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

The rudest staff I've ever encountered. Tried to get a refill on medication I should not stop suddenly, and was told it was "too early". It would've been only 3 days early! But instead of helping me and showing concern of what a sudden halt could entail, they stubbornly said "no". It was as if it were a power struggle. Ridiculous. There are too many other good doctors out there who would put the needs of the patient first.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

Staff is piss poor at communications and sending out bills. They sent us to collections because THEY didn't send us our bill that month. We called to inquire why it hadn't been sent when it had the previous 6 months. They had no answer.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

flag | Submitted March 12, 2010

Great staff friendly, and they are always there for me. VERY HAPPY

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

Dr. John H. Babson's Credentials

• Univ Of Ottawa, Fac Of Med, Ottawa, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1978)

Kaiser-Permanente