Ratings for Dr. Nico Marais

Excellent doctor, the best I have seen in central alberta. no complaints in regards to consultation, procedure, wait times, or staff. overall a great experience dealing with him.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

Dr. Marais is rude, unkind and was extremely condescending during my consultation for pelvic pain (previously diagnosed from another doctor as endometriosis). He yelled at myself and my husband because I was emotional and my husband because he asked him to just give me a minute as it was highly stressful. Only had an interest in pushing pills down my throat and then told me he would never do surgery as I didn’t have anything wrong with me and my pain was not really there. At the end of the consultation he told my at the time 3 year old that we were going to buy him chocolate ice cream because he was so good. I was extremely disappointed in meeting him as previously had heard he was a wonderful, caring doctor.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

Wonderful caring doctor.. Would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

A very caring physician and his staff at the Olds Hospital very genuine and caring too

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

I had a hysterectomy with Dr. Marais and it went very well. He is definitely up there when it comes to his profession. The only downside is he is not as accommodating when it comes to sick leave. I have a demanding job often physically demanding and was just requesting an additional week since there is no gradual back to work protocol in my workplace and he refused, first week back -harsh! and my iron levels were not tested to see if I was absorbing the iron properly. However he is one heck of a great surgeon and I don’t regret going to him.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Excellent bedside manner. Very knowledgeable! I went in for a partial hysterectomy and didn’t have nearly the complications that I had heard about from my online hysterectomy support network!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

After years of suffering with pain,and many doctors saying I was fine. Dr Marais went above and beyond. He listened to me went through everything with me and with in 5 months of meeting him I had a hysterectomy. He was amazing very helpful caring and friendly. He was at a disbelief how the doctors before him didn't take me serious. It was the best decision of my life. And I so thankful for Dr Marais as is my husband. I have my life back and my kids have their mom back.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Went for a consultation, I felt I had grounds for a partial hysterectomy, after a lengthy talk and not hearing my thoughts or concerns he processed to tell me he will give me a good referral letter to a lapascopic surgeon. (My thoughts were likely told me this to get me outta his office) sure enough went to my dr to learn he wrote back to my dr and said he has told me my options and if Id like to book for a tubal to call his office.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Dr Marais is a true blessing in the medical field! He is warm, kind and takes time to explain things in detail. He has terrific bedside manner and put my husband and I both at ease before and after my procedure. I would recommend him to anyone. Fantastic practice he has at Olds Hospital- well worth the drive!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Dr Marais did my hysterectomy (Olds Hospital) on August 29, 2016 and it went very well! I am so blessed to have had a wonderful and compassionate doctor and nurses. I want to express my gratitude to them and bless you ALL! 💐

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016