Ratings for Dr. Bruce Kowaluk

no assessments being done, disregards and dismisses patients health concerns. overall not happy with the care being provided by this MD.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2019

Am really sick of this so called doctor. His negativity is contrary to why most patients see a doctor. Part of the practice should be providing hope. Not in his case. Feel really down after I see him. Non-communicative depending on his mood, and then it's negative. Doesn't listen and treats what he feels like...without proper follow up . He's only at Concordia clinic 2 days a week. Then you have to wait 2 weeks to see him. Then a downer anyway. He's indifferent to requests and has zero compassion. Really difficult to communicate with. Why bother.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2018

I have found that he deals in a very professional manner. He listens intently to any complaints and will look at current issues as they may relate to past issues. Did discuss option for treatment as well as pros & cons. Was quick to initiate referee if deemed necessary. Following any testing staff phoned to set up appt for discussion of findings. I do not like doctors but feel very well attending to his care.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

I've been seeing Dr. Kowaluk for a little over 6 months. I am a somewhat complicated patient in terms of my medical history. Each time I've seen Dr. Kowaluk I have been impressed with his professionalism, obvious intelligence and genuine humanity. I've received thoughtful and efficient care. He listens skillfully, and is reflective on my experience, willing to often share his personal perspectives/experiences as well. I always leave my appointments with the utmost confidence in his care and concern.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

This doctor is a complete idiot in my mind. Never sends you dor tests just prescribes you meds. Is a complete jerk. Refered my child to a behavioural clinic. And when the clinic told me to get some papers filled out by him for my son he pretty much said it was a waste of time and that we should not have been given to us as there is no way he would qualify This guy is nothing more than a goof who shouldnt have a degree in medicine.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

My Father had 2 TIA's. (Mini stroke). Called Dr. Kowaluk, as he was the family dr. He would not help us with any information, but that we had to wait until next week to receive an appt. Strokes are serious!! Do not trust this Dr.!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

You can never really trust the kind of care you will receive from Dr. Kowaluk, some days he is an okay doctor other days he could care less. More often than not he acts like your concerns are annoying and is very blunt and rude at times. Even going so far as to tell me he knew I was ill and required antibiotics however, was not going to provide them to me until I book another appointment in a few days so I was much more ill and at that point would require time off work. In the end it seems all he cares about is getting paid for as many appointments as possibe, wheither the appointment is in the best interest of the patient or not. Will never return to or trust him as a doctor ever again.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr. Kowaluk has been my doctor for years now. He is efficient and follows through. He looks into any red flags that have come up for me.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Dr.Kowaluk, My husband was seeing this so called Dr for treatment. My husband had 4 bypass surgery in 1997, aged 40. Was experiencing major symptoms, (indigestion etc) in the fall of 2006. Went to Kowaluk, which in turn suggested to see a Cardiologist, which was done. It appeared from the Cardiologists opinion that 3 of the 4 bypasses were closed up, causing these unbearable symptoms. Cardiolgist wrote a sick note for my husband not to return to work until after surgery was done, and cannot return to work for at least 2 months post surgery. Now, back to Kowaluk for workers comp etc, this uncompetent Dr. told my husband he has to go back to work (works in a job which is heavy lifting), he was not to drive for 6 weeks, but to take a CAB to work. Kowaluk overrode everything the Cardiologist recommended. This Kowaluk plays God, he is so full of himself, not very knowledgable in the health field. Don't know how he passed the MCAT...People be VERY, VERY careful of this Man!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2012

Know of 3 bad experiences: 1. Poorly casted broken ankle 2. Not discreet and has discussed personal patient matters in public places 3. Did not consult patient about test results before forwarding them on to licencing bureau.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010