Ratings for Dr. Michael Cusimano

It's a long story, but in short: THERE'S NO BETTER SURGEON

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

We went to Dr. Cusimano because my wife was experiencing double vision and loss of balance. Eye doctors had confirmed that her eyes were OK, and that there was probably something going on in her brain. Dr. Cusimano was very thorough in evaluating her MRI and methodically and patiently confirmed his suspicions with in-office testing. He then explained what was happening and laid out what we had to do to follow up. In spite of the problems that are going on in her brain, it was a pleasure dealing with this kind and gentle man.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr. Cusimano just operated on my daughter in May and I am so thankful for him and his staff. Their skill and caring was first rate and his patience in dealing with me and my family was sincerely appreciated. We complain about our medical care constantly but I feel blessed for my daughter to have had access to this level of care and expertise at no cost whatsoever!! Amazing ! Thank you Dr. Cusimano.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Words cannot express my disdain for St. Michaels' Hospital and the so called professionals that work there. In September of 2012, I was suffering from a fragmented lumbar disc and went to the ER in search of help. After pumping me full of morphine they simply sent me home. At the time I could not walk, sit or even lie on my back. In the following two weeks, I lost one and a half inches of muscle mass on my left calf, had no ankle reflex and was suffering from severe nerve pain. After 8 weeks of agonizing pain, I was finally given an appointment to Dr. Cusimanos' office. Dr. Cusimano and his office administrator strung me along for more than a year sending me for nerve conduction tests and three more MRI's. His office never followed up and I often left numerous messages before receiving a call back, often weeks later. Upon my last appointment with him, he made it clear to me that the pain and dis-function in my leg/foot would always be a reminder of my work place accident. He almost seemed to get pleasure in making this pronouncement. He believed and stated that my condition would somehow get better on its own? After calling hundreds of times and begging for help he finally referred me to his colleague Dr. Howard Ginsberg who eventually booked me for surgery but then mysteriously cancelled it when I mentioned that I was experiencing bi-lateral nerve pain. In the end, he was also rude and unhelpful. Finally, after almost a year and a half of suffering from a compressed S1 nerve, I received help from a wonderful orthopedic surgeon in the west end of the city and underwent a microdiscectomy. This forty five minute procedure changed my life, and I continue to improve to this day. Since then, I have consulted with a few neurologists who state that if I would have received the care and surgical intervention I required in a more timely manner my nerve issues would have resolved much sooner and more completely. Shame on you St. Michaels Hospital, Dr. Cusimano and Dr. Ginsberg for not living up to the hippocratic oath.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Dr. Cusimano is the BEST neurosurgeon in Toronto!! My husband is alive today thanks to him & his exceptional team. His knowledge, experience is second to none!!! A very kind, sensitive, humble human being. Toronto is extremely lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I am a male 60, diagnosed with a pituitary macroadenoma. The Cusimano teams depth of knowledge and experience coupled with their awesome attitude and assistance allowed me to completely focus on my job, which was to be as relaxed and healthy as possible. It would be a vast understatement to say that I highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

A most wonderful human being who treats his patience with curtesy respect and kindness.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Dr. Michael Cusimano is the absolute best in his field. Thank you for everything doctor!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr. Cusimano is one of the best neurosurgeons in the world, and he did my brain surgery to remove a tumor 21 years ago. I am very thankful for what he did for me, and because of him I am alive. He is simply amazing! Thank you for everything Dr. Cusimano, you are the absolute best. -Saeeda Mian via her nephew

Submitted January 7, 2017

I cannot say enough about Dr. Michael Cusimano. He is a kind, calm, thoughtful, skillful, and caring Neurosurgeon. I am Blessed and thankful for his incredible work on me and my brain tumour, in July, 2016. He and his team at St. Michael's Hospital are absolutely TOP NOTCH. I believe in you. You are most definitely Heaven Sent. Thank you, thank you, thank you. D.D.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Dr. Michael Cusimano's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1984)