You may also like

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Excellent experience. Performed a 12 hour surgery to remove a tumour.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Great experience with him during my moms surgery to remove a big tumour!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

Excellent!!! Put me right at ease from the consultation stage...

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

I don't know where to start. Dr. Cusimano is the best! If he is your neurosurgeon count yourself as very fortunate. Although I had a six month wait for my surgery I felt that if it was crucial to do it sooner he would have. Dr. Cusimano is also a trama surgeon so after every trama my surgery was pushed back. There were certainly emergencies that were more important than mine. He explained my surgery to me in terms I could understand, didn't hesitate to answer my questions and I left his office feeling that I was in very capable hands. On the day of surgery he met me in the OR and after greeting me put me at ease, what a fine doctor. Upon awakening from the anesthesia the pain was easily managed and I felt so much better. It was a miracle. I haven't felt better in 20 years. Other doctors upon hearing Dr. Cusimano was my surgeon told me to "count my lucky stars". I did and continue to do so. Thank you Dr. Cusimano and god bless!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

For those who live in Ottawa, I wanted to pass on advice that I feel it is worth it to get the care you need in Toronto. While Ottawa has good people and services, it does not compare to the level of care, expertise and thoroughness that can be found at St. Michael's and with Dr. Cusimano. We made the switch after we found Ottawa to be disorganized. We were talking mostly to medical residents who provided misinformation (surgeon often not available for appointments). Some tests that we needed to be done fell through the cracks and we needed to follow up, and there was much less thorough care (some of the standard tests were not done as in Toronto). If it was possible to more than 5 stars I would have marked that. Dr. Cusimano is a truly exceptional doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable, very kind and compassionate, takes the time to take put his patients at ease (took an hour on our first visit), extremely thorough and organized, does not drop anything on follow-up, communicates clearly what to expect. He only surrounds himself with the best people such as other specialists. Lots of ways to get through to him with information with his medical clerk and nurse-practitioner. His colleagues and nurses regard him very highly and talk about how he is the best around. You will be lucky to have Dr. Cusimano as your neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr.Cusimano saved our lives . 12 years ago Apr. 22 2003 , I was nearly 8 months pregnant , it was also the middle of SARS , I had a stroke , they couldn't help me in Durham Region , and St.Mikes took me in , operated on me and saved our lives . I had my son at St.Mikes 5 weeks later . Dr.Cusimano , I never saw wings on you but you are MY angel . Thank you . Melanie

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

He saved my life after two brain surgerys he's very kind and a wonderful sll around doctor am so thankful for tho man I shouldn't be here today but am all because of him snd Antonio

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I had my lower back surgery and I have my normal. thanks for Dr. Michael Cusimano's and his team. I pray for him day and night God give the happiness and good health. Sayed Aurang

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

Dr. Michael Cusimano's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1984)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cusimano removed a very difficult rare tumour in 2002. I've out lived the prognosis and I continue grateful."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent experience. Performed a 12 hour surgery to remove a tumour."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Great experience with him during my moms surgery to remove a big tumour! "

October 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent!!! Put me right at ease from the consultation stage... "

October 15, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I don't know where to start. Dr. Cusimano is the best! If he is your neurosurgeon count yourself as very fortunate. Although I had a six month wait for my su..."

May 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "For those who live in Ottawa, I wanted to pass on advice that I feel it is worth it to get the care you need in Toronto. While Ottawa has good people and servi..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Cusimano saved our lives . 12 years ago Apr. 22 2003 , I was nearly 8 months pregnant , it was also the middle of SARS , I had a stroke , they couldn't hel..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He saved my life after two brain surgerys he's very kind and a wonderful sll around doctor am so thankful for tho man I shouldn't be here today but am all becau..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Nothing but praise for Dr. Cusimano. Amazing doctor, amazing person. Feel so fortunate to have had him as my surgeon. "

April 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my lower back surgery and I have my normal. thanks for Dr. Michael Cusimano's and his team. I pray for him day and night God give the happiness and good ..."

March 25, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "He is the best! I feel very fortunate to have had him as my surgeon."

March 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I don't know how anyone could say anything remotely negative about Dr. Cusimano. He is truly a model surgeon. Ive been to family doctors who will limit you to o..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had an emergency visit to St Michael's Hospital. I am from out of town. The first Doctor that I saw was Dr Michael Cusimano. He took a call from m..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing, caring and supportive Doctor. Takes great care and time to explain making you feel you are the most important. St. Michael's staff are all wonderful, ..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I pray for Dr. Cusimano and his womderful team everyday. God bless him. I am 100% ok after my lower back sirgery. I enjoy walking now. ."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing md!!!!! He goes above and beyond for his patients and has a very family centred approach! He did and amazing job and treating my brain tumour with the g..."

November 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a recent patient of Dr. Cusimano and from my first consultation to my surgery, he treated me with the utmost respect and care. He made sure I understood m..."

November 8, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am patient of Dr. Michael Cusimano after operate on him Dr. Michael Cusimano was to busy to sure i was no having problem . After the operation i got brain..."

November 5, 2014