Ratings for Dr. Michael Cusimano

Words cannot express my disdain for St. Michaels' Hospital and the so called professionals that work there. In September of 2012, I was suffering from a fragmented lumbar disc and went to the ER in search of help. After pumping me full of morphine they simply sent me home. At the time I could not walk, sit or even lie on my back. In the following two weeks, I lost one and a half inches of muscle mass on my left calf, had no ankle reflex and was suffering from severe nerve pain. After 8 weeks of agonizing pain, I was finally given an appointment to Dr. Cusimanos' office. Dr. Cusimano and his office administrator strung me along for more than a year sending me for nerve conduction tests and three more MRI's. His office never followed up and I often left numerous messages before receiving a call back, often weeks later. Upon my last appointment with him, he made it clear to me that the pain and dis-function in my leg/foot would always be a reminder of my work place accident. He almost seemed to get pleasure in making this pronouncement. He believed and stated that my condition would somehow get better on its own? After calling hundreds of times and begging for help he finally referred me to his colleague Dr. Howard Ginsberg who eventually booked me for surgery but then mysteriously cancelled it when I mentioned that I was experiencing bi-lateral nerve pain. In the end, he was also rude and unhelpful. Finally, after almost a year and a half of suffering from a compressed S1 nerve, I received help from a wonderful orthopedic surgeon in the west end of the city and underwent a microdiscectomy. This forty five minute procedure changed my life, and I continue to improve to this day. Since then, I have consulted with a few neurologists who state that if I would have received the care and surgical intervention I required in a more timely manner my nerve issues would have resolved much sooner and more completely. Shame on you St. Michaels Hospital, Dr. Cusimano and Dr. Ginsberg for not living up to the hippocratic oath.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Dr. Cusimano is the BEST neurosurgeon in Toronto!! My husband is alive today thanks to him & his exceptional team. His knowledge, experience is second to none!!! A very kind, sensitive, humble human being. Toronto is extremely lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I am a male 60, diagnosed with a pituitary macroadenoma. The Cusimano teams depth of knowledge and experience coupled with their awesome attitude and assistance allowed me to completely focus on my job, which was to be as relaxed and healthy as possible. It would be a vast understatement to say that I highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

A most wonderful human being who treats his patience with curtesy respect and kindness.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Dr. Michael Cusimano is the absolute best in his field. Thank you for everything doctor!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr. Cusimano is one of the best neurosurgeons in the world, and he did my brain surgery to remove a tumor 21 years ago. I am very thankful for what he did for me, and because of him I am alive. He is simply amazing! Thank you for everything Dr. Cusimano, you are the absolute best. -Saeeda Mian via her nephew

Submitted January 7, 2017

I cannot say enough about Dr. Michael Cusimano. He is a kind, calm, thoughtful, skillful, and caring Neurosurgeon. I am Blessed and thankful for his incredible work on me and my brain tumour, in July, 2016. He and his team at St. Michael's Hospital are absolutely TOP NOTCH. I believe in you. You are most definitely Heaven Sent. Thank you, thank you, thank you. D.D.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

The most professional and knowledgable brain in the business.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Back in 2005, I was diagnosed with a frontal lobe brain tumor......I was sent to St. Mike's ASAP.....it was a do or die.....if I had of waited another 2 weeks before coming in for my headaches I could if died or stroked. Bowmanville hospital was going to send me by ambulance, then changed their mind and had my husband drive me it would have been faster, as the wait for an available ambulance would have taken to long. I was told that a Dr. Cusimano would be waiting for me, and sure enough, when I walked into that hospital, he was there waiting for me. Lots of tests pokes and prides later.....and a surgery was scheduled ASAP. Seen him on a Tuesday, surgery was the following Tuesday, about 9 hours later, I'm out and home by the following Saturday....... Seen Dr Cusimano 2 months later, then 6 months after that, called me by my first name. You, Dr Cusimano are an amazing man, I literally worship the ground you walk on, I'm a firm believer that if it was not for you I would not be here today, I cannot thank you enough. Your staff are amazing and warm and friendly........Again Thank you, Jenny Jackson

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

I am a 33 year old male who was operated on by Dr. Cusimano. He is one of the brightest and smartest brains we have in Canada. I am happy to say that his kindness, care and guidance was one of the best I have seen. I wish him continued success, happiness and health in life. Dr. Cusimano thank you for helping me through this difficult time. My dad is a fan of yours and ask he told you last week in the hospital he follows you on online and hold a lot of respect for you.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Michael Cusimano's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1984)

Delta Dental