Ratings for Dr. Michael Cusimano

May 3rd will be mark 1yr that my son had a tumour removef from his pituitary gland by Dr Cusimano. It’s hard to imagine that this gland in your brain no bigger than the size of a pea can wreak so much havoc when a microscopic growth developed on it. At 23, my son was diagnosed with Cushings Disease, a condition that caused multiple problems that are not common for someone his age. My son was referred to Dr Cusimano, a soft spoken and compassionate man. He took his time to explain everything about the tumour, the procedure to remove it, and what to expect post-op. Dr Cusimano’s surgical team and nursing staff at St Mikes hospital were phenomenal. Not only is Dr Cusimano top in his field but he is also top in his character, a true compassionate and gentle man. I thank God everyday for my son’s recovery and for Dr Cusimano.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

Overal, an amazing surgeon and an amazing human being! This doctor will care for you like family. He clearly puts his patients first. Nothing must outstanding things to say about this man. I would recommend him to anyone. His staff at St Mikes are also amazing! Thank you for everything you do, my life would not be the same without you.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

Absolutely amazing neurosurgeon. Accolades to his extended team as well. Overwhelmed by the 'world class' level of care which I just received during my recent neorosurgery (microvascular decompression) with Dr Cusimano and his team at St Mikes. Thanks to their amazing skillan d care, I now have my life back. I will never complain again about our health care system here in Canada/Ontario. We are so fortunate here in this beautiful Canada.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Brilliant man and wonderful staff!!! He's the go to doctor for any brain surgery.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Dr. Cusimano removed a tumour on my pituitary approx 6 years ago. When I was in recovery, one of the nurses had forgot to change some of my bandages and pee tube according to the mapped schedule. He flipped out on her, telling her that she is putting me at risk of serious infection and if she isn't capable of doing her job, she should find another one because she is literally putting lives at risk with her incompetence. From that point on all the nurses changes my bandages on time over the next few days. Excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Dr. Cusimano I would recommend to anyone. In short, fantastic Doctor

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

I am a 64 year old male diagnosed with a brain tumor, it was a meningioma, I was operated on by Dr. Cusimano at St Michael to remove the large tumor. Dr. Cusimano is one of the brightest and smartest brains we have in Canada. I am happy to say that his kindness, care and guidance was one of the best I have seen. I wish him continued success, happiness and health in life. Dr. Cusimano thank you for helping me through this difficult time. I like also to thank the administration staff, nurses for the kind help and support

Submitted September 4, 2017

It's a long story, but in short: THERE'S NO BETTER SURGEON

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

We went to Dr. Cusimano because my wife was experiencing double vision and loss of balance. Eye doctors had confirmed that her eyes were OK, and that there was probably something going on in her brain. Dr. Cusimano was very thorough in evaluating her MRI and methodically and patiently confirmed his suspicions with in-office testing. He then explained what was happening and laid out what we had to do to follow up. In spite of the problems that are going on in her brain, it was a pleasure dealing with this kind and gentle man.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr. Cusimano just operated on my daughter in May and I am so thankful for him and his staff. Their skill and caring was first rate and his patience in dealing with me and my family was sincerely appreciated. We complain about our medical care constantly but I feel blessed for my daughter to have had access to this level of care and expertise at no cost whatsoever!! Amazing ! Thank you Dr. Cusimano.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Dr. Michael Cusimano's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1984)