Ratings for Dr. Genevieve Chang

worst doctor ever!can even believe she is a doctor....

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

I did not have a good experience with Dr. Chang. My pregnancy had been considered complicated once I reached about 25 weeks and I was going for regular ultrasounds, non-stress tests, and meetings with an endocrinologist. I had originally been with a team of midwives, but throughout the weekly ultrasounds it was discovered that there was a significant disparity between the growth of my baby’s head, and his abdomen. At 36 weeks pregnant, his head was measuring at 39 weeks, and his abdomen at 33 weeks. In discussion with several OBs and my team of midwives, it was thought that he may have IUGR (Intrauterine growth restriction), and that the best course of action at this point would be to induce me as he would have a better chance to thrive outside; that he was no longer getting the proper nutrition from the placenta. It was decided that I would go in on Sunday evening to determine whether I was dilated at all (if I was dilated, I would be sent home to be induced by another doctor the following morning), but if I was not dilated, the doctor on call that evening would start the dilation process. This was all agreed upon and scheduled by my team of midwives, as well as the OB on call the following day. Enter Dr. Chang. Dr. Chang did not agree with what had been scheduled, and absolutely refused to start the dilation process. Additionally, she did not even check me to determine whether or not I was already dilated. As I was waiting to be seen by Dr. Chang, I had my blood pressure measured which was extremely high. This was not even brought up by Dr. Chang, even though 2 readings of a blood pressure over 140/90 can potentially be a life-threatening condition, preeclampsia. This was also a reason that I was being induced, as my blood pressure had been steadily increasing in the past several weeks and my midwife was concerned. Dr. Chang continually told us that our baby was measuring in the 30th percentile, and pulled up a graph which she insisted showed a “trend” of being in the 30th percentile, even though it only had one point of measurement. A trend by definition is a general direction in which something is developing or changing…which you CANNOT see with one point of measurement. My husband pointed this out and she frustratingly pulled out previous points of measurements to show us this supposed trend. We attempted to explain over and over again that his overall weight had not been the concern, but the disparity between his head and abdomen, and her focus continued to stay on his weight. I had an ultrasound 9 days previous and she (wrongly) told me that even if I came back the following day, they wouldn’t give me a follow up measurement ultrasound because they needed a minimum of 14 days between measurements (13 days for ‘special circumstances’ she said). We left feeling confused, frustrated, and angry that one doctor that doesn’t agree with what has already been scheduled by other doctors and midwives that had been watching the growth restriction closely can completely prevent the safest option from moving forward. In follow up to her horrible decision and lack of understanding, the next day we went in (while the ultrasound was open), and had another ultrasound 10 DAYS LATER, not 14 as she insisted was the only option. It was discovered that baby had actually lost weight in utero from the previous measurement. When they took my blood pressure and got the same high readings, I immediately had bloodwork done to determine if there was a concern. I was then moved over to a labor and delivery room where they checked me (I was dilated to 3), and then had my water broken. Baby was born UNDER THE 10th PERCENTILE, and needed to have glucose and temperature monitoring every 3 hours for the first 36 hours of his life. Due to this, I would not trust Dr. Chang with anything having to do with future pregnancies. This could all have been avoided had she checked me the previous evening. Had I been dilated at all (which I’m suspecting I was), she would have sent me home and it wouldn’t have even been her decision to make. Instead, she made a very difficult situation even more difficult by going against what several other specialists had decided was the best option.

Submitted November 6, 2017

Amazing is all I have to say. Dr. Chang didnt end up delivering my baby but she did come to the hospital to check on me the day I had him. She was friendly and knowledgeable during all my visits. Her nurse Megan was also very friendly. I just had my follow up visit with her and she answered all my questions and was great in checking in on how I have been doing. Would definitely recommend her and would use her again

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Chang and her staff. Dr. Chang is very knowledgeable, kind and empathetic.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Her receptionist is exceptionally rude and impatient. Cut me off multiple times, and didn't care what I had to say. Dr.Chang herself is very abrupt and straight to the point. I wouldn't say she's nice or mean, but I did feel very rushed. She's also very aggressive when preforming her check ups.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

What an absolutely rude and wretched receptionist! Such a disgraceful and tactless attitude, I refuse to even see what the rest of the team is like. Shameful.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr Chang is absolutely wonderful. She even called me at home with an issue I was not live to... not sure why all the negative comments. My rating of staff would be 5 stars if it weren't for the receptionist- she's the rude one. Dr Chang is kind, thoughtful and clearly an expert in her field.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Very careless! Did not even bother to look at my blood reports that were sitting in her office for 3 weeks until my next appointment despite the fact that I had informed her about the crazy itching that I had. Diagnosed it as cholestasis (3 weeks later than she could have originally disgnosed). Cholestasis can cause the baby's heartbeat to drop and result in still birth. Did not follow up when itching continued even after delivery and released without any medication or further appointments. Had to go in emergency to another hospital and get a liver specialist to find a solution myself

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Never in my life have I ever met someone as rude as Mrs. Chang. I cannot believe she hasn't been sued by a patient before. Never would I recommend her to anyone, not even my mortal enemies.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Dr. Chang was friendly, conversational, professional and very knowledgeable. I was nervous and she allayed my fears. This was not at all what I expected from other reviews.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017