Ratings for Dr. Genevieve Chang

Very careless! Did not even bother to look at my blood reports that were sitting in her office for 3 weeks until my next appointment despite the fact that I had informed her about the crazy itching that I had. Diagnosed it as cholestasis (3 weeks later than she could have originally disgnosed). Cholestasis can cause the baby's heartbeat to drop and result in still birth. Did not follow up when itching continued even after delivery and released without any medication or further appointments. Had to go in emergency to another hospital and get a liver specialist to find a solution myself

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Never in my life have I ever met someone as rude as Mrs. Chang. I cannot believe she hasn't been sued by a patient before. Never would I recommend her to anyone, not even my mortal enemies.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Dr. Chang was friendly, conversational, professional and very knowledgeable. I was nervous and she allayed my fears. This was not at all what I expected from other reviews.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Absolutely horrible and non willing to help she does not even show care nothing !!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Please don't see this Doctor if you have never seen a gynaecologist before like me. She is not good with nervous patients, short, rude and not interested. After not explaining the test she wanted to do on me I started the procedure with no nurse just a piece of paper thrown at me. It wa so painful I asked her to stop. She basically dismissed me after that and I walked out. Her receptionist is also rude.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I was referred to this doctor by my GP, when I decided I wanted to deliver at Southlake. She took one look at me, told me I was high risk because I'm plus sized, she doesn't work with "high risk" patients, she was referring me to Mount Sinai because they specialize in high fish pregnancies. Then she walked out. Less than five minutes after waiting half an hour with her miserable secretary. I was left sitting there not really knowing what had happened. I ended up getting a new referral to a different doctor, who ended up being amazing. But Dr. Chang was rude, short, and just didn't care. My new OB didn't consider me to be high risk by the way, and I went through my pregnancy without any issues at all.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

she might be busy during workdays but she is very responsible for my wife as an OB. And also on time. I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

This woman shows nothing but disdain towards people.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Please read before visiting Chang. I have read through all of these comments after returning from my appointment with this woman. It seems as though her patients are split. Maybe she chooses who to be kind to, or maybe she just prefers working with patients who are expecting babies/ helping deliver babies. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis at 5 and have had trouble with my thyroid more recently due to irregular nodes. This is not my first time dealing with a doctor, especially a specialist. I strongly agree with the low rated comments. Yes, she is rude. But above that, I found her demeaning and judgemental. I know my body very well as I am sure many other woman or those who have struggled with long term health problems do. My last period I had experienced indescribable pain which made me look (and feel) as though I was experiencing an exorcism. Cold sweats, fever, rolling around screaming and groaning. This is the worst it has been ever and it came in cycles which got increasingly worse. I took over the counter medication, splitting between Advil and Tylonel. I knew I would exceed the recommended dose on one bottle, and knowing that by at least splitting these, the impact would be split between the liver and kidneys and not just one. They did absolutely nothing which again, is not typical for my periods in the past. After 3 hours, my pain returned to a 3/10. First, Chang told me I was wrong to take the over counter meds because I was damaging my body and being unsafe.... Well ....Duh Chang-- why do you think I am here. Second, she said it was normal for woman to have bad cramps and that even some woman take work off....no kidding. I said the next time it happens I am going to go to the hospital. She responded " Well what are they going to do? Give you an ultra sound on your cervix (which had come back negative) and send you back to your Gynecologist." This made me feel defeated in a way- are you saying that the hospital can't even help me find an answer beyond 'you have cramps?' - Are you contradicting what you had just said about the over the counter medication being bad for me and eliminating the safety of a hospital medications? Why question me on going to the hospital- clearly I am in that much pain. The 'answer' she gave me is that getting an IUD would solve my problem. I told her-- "Well I just want to find a solution to this because I feel it is not normal pain". She responded-- "Well what do you want me to say, you either get the IUD or you get your uterus removed.. not much else to do when it comes to period pain". Good joke Chang. I left the appointment genuinely angry and not listened to. I am going to try this IUD (which I was going to get anyways) to eliminate that as an option. However, I will never go back to her disrespectful practice again. I hope to find answers because I refuse to accept that I am supposed to live in fear each time I am getting my period. Waste of my time, waste of my energy.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I have had Dr. Chang for both my pregnancies now, and she is welcoming and straight to the point. I highly recommend her- she has a beautiful practice location. She is sometimes super busy, but usually runs right on schedule.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017