Ratings for Dr. Genevieve Chang

I have been a patient of Dr. Chang's for almost two years and have found her to be a professional, knowledgeable and helpful advocate for my health. She is thorough when presenting me with options for treatment and answers all my questions. She is always pleasant with me, albeit straightforward. I am fine with that as I want a competent doctor, not a friend. Two years ago when I received the referral to Dr. Chang I was apprehensive about seeing her after reading some of these reviews, but I have found that apprehension was unwarranted. I would recommend Dr. Chang to any of my loved ones.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Chang's for more than ten years. She is straight up but not rude, knowledgeable and helpful. My experience with her has always been fine. In my opinion, the care she provides is very good and she does not push pills or procedures, always giving me all the details and options, allowing me to make informed choices. As for Sharon her receptionist, I rather like her. She has a strong personality but get to know her a bit - treat her like you want to be treated and you will find she is really quite pleasant. Same for Dr. Chang - she is actually quite pleasant and provides quality service. I keep in mind they are people too and as long as I am being treated with respect, honesty and consideration, they deserve the same.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

Receptionist is extremely rude and condescending! She spoke negatively to most patients while I was there. Dr Chang is very professional and to the point. She could definately improve her business by firing the horrid receptionist who gives a vile first impression.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

I was apprehensive of my appointment after reading somenof these reviews. I found Dr. Chang to be professional, helpful and reassuring. There was nothing lacking from my experience at the clinic and had no negative interactions with the receptionist. I am a healthcare professional myself so I can see how a brief and professional appointment can seem cold to others but no one was rude to me and Dr. Chang was nonjudgemental and open. Looking forward to my next appointment.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

I had a devastating and traumatic experience with Dr. Chang. She began my appointment berating me for a previous missed appointment, harshly reminding me that it could turn into cancer if I continued to be “in denial”. She would not listen to my explanation of what had led to it and condescendingly told me that “responsible adults keep track of their responsibilities”. She told me that she can refuse to book me or refer me to specialists in the future. She made it very clear that she was angry with me. At this point I was feeling emotional, vulnerable and in shock. She spread my legs apart and roughly proceeded to open a clamp and spray something that burned inside of me. When I made audible noises signalling my discomfort she said nothing but continued to cause me pain. She told me she was taking a sample but I did not know what it was called or whether there would be any consequences. I was confused and overwhelmed and began to cry heavily. When I sat up I asked her a few questions through my tears and she answered coldly. She got up to leave abruptly and threw a box of Kleenex’s at me before shutting the door. I have never had an appointment this awful in my life. In previous appointments with her my mom (a registered nurse) was in the room with me and she did not behave like this. As a young woman without medical knowledge who was also alone in this appointment I truly believe that she took advantage of the situation and bullied me as a result. I would NOT recommend anyone see this doctor. She does not know how to treat her patients with basic human decency. She should have her license taken away.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

She was honestly quite nice- I was there for a assessment for future surgery-she agreed and by the time I left the surgery was booked. She was kind and caring and quite agreeable!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

First impression are everything. This doctor and her staff are just plain rude. Do not let them handle your business.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

worst doctor ever!can even believe she is a doctor....

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

I did not have a good experience with Dr. Chang. My pregnancy had been considered complicated once I reached about 25 weeks and I was going for regular ultrasounds, non-stress tests, and meetings with an endocrinologist. I had originally been with a team of midwives, but throughout the weekly ultrasounds it was discovered that there was a significant disparity between the growth of my baby’s head, and his abdomen. At 36 weeks pregnant, his head was measuring at 39 weeks, and his abdomen at 33 weeks. In discussion with several OBs and my team of midwives, it was thought that he may have IUGR (Intrauterine growth restriction), and that the best course of action at this point would be to induce me as he would have a better chance to thrive outside; that he was no longer getting the proper nutrition from the placenta. It was decided that I would go in on Sunday evening to determine whether I was dilated at all (if I was dilated, I would be sent home to be induced by another doctor the following morning), but if I was not dilated, the doctor on call that evening would start the dilation process. This was all agreed upon and scheduled by my team of midwives, as well as the OB on call the following day. Enter Dr. Chang. Dr. Chang did not agree with what had been scheduled, and absolutely refused to start the dilation process. Additionally, she did not even check me to determine whether or not I was already dilated. As I was waiting to be seen by Dr. Chang, I had my blood pressure measured which was extremely high. This was not even brought up by Dr. Chang, even though 2 readings of a blood pressure over 140/90 can potentially be a life-threatening condition, preeclampsia. This was also a reason that I was being induced, as my blood pressure had been steadily increasing in the past several weeks and my midwife was concerned. Dr. Chang continually told us that our baby was measuring in the 30th percentile, and pulled up a graph which she insisted showed a “trend” of being in the 30th percentile, even though it only had one point of measurement. A trend by definition is a general direction in which something is developing or changing…which you CANNOT see with one point of measurement. My husband pointed this out and she frustratingly pulled out previous points of measurements to show us this supposed trend. We attempted to explain over and over again that his overall weight had not been the concern, but the disparity between his head and abdomen, and her focus continued to stay on his weight. I had an ultrasound 9 days previous and she (wrongly) told me that even if I came back the following day, they wouldn’t give me a follow up measurement ultrasound because they needed a minimum of 14 days between measurements (13 days for ‘special circumstances’ she said). We left feeling confused, frustrated, and angry that one doctor that doesn’t agree with what has already been scheduled by other doctors and midwives that had been watching the growth restriction closely can completely prevent the safest option from moving forward. In follow up to her horrible decision and lack of understanding, the next day we went in (while the ultrasound was open), and had another ultrasound 10 DAYS LATER, not 14 as she insisted was the only option. It was discovered that baby had actually lost weight in utero from the previous measurement. When they took my blood pressure and got the same high readings, I immediately had bloodwork done to determine if there was a concern. I was then moved over to a labor and delivery room where they checked me (I was dilated to 3), and then had my water broken. Baby was born UNDER THE 10th PERCENTILE, and needed to have glucose and temperature monitoring every 3 hours for the first 36 hours of his life. Due to this, I would not trust Dr. Chang with anything having to do with future pregnancies. This could all have been avoided had she checked me the previous evening. Had I been dilated at all (which I’m suspecting I was), she would have sent me home and it wouldn’t have even been her decision to make. Instead, she made a very difficult situation even more difficult by going against what several other specialists had decided was the best option.

Submitted November 6, 2017

Amazing is all I have to say. Dr. Chang didnt end up delivering my baby but she did come to the hospital to check on me the day I had him. She was friendly and knowledgeable during all my visits. Her nurse Megan was also very friendly. I just had my follow up visit with her and she answered all my questions and was great in checking in on how I have been doing. Would definitely recommend her and would use her again

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017