Ratings for Dr. Declan Rowan

Dr Rowan is an outstanding doctor. We are fortunate to be under is medical care. Thank you for all you do for us.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2018

I appreciate the fact I have a doctor but I am growing more frustrated in dealing with Dr Rowan. It's almost impossible to get an appointment when you absolutely need to see him. I don't waste my going to a doctor for every little thing but I expect to be able to see my doctor when I'm unwell and in pain. What's the point of seeing my doctor another day when I may be feeling better, that's taking up an appointment that someone else needs. I've been told time and again call and I will fit you in. This has never happened. When I finally get an appointment I usually wait at least a half hour in waiting room then up to twenty minutes in a tiny cold room before I see him. Generally he apologizes but quickly and definitely not heart felt. I totally understand that our doctors today are busy but I believe it should be about the patient not the billable hours and dollar signs. I long for the days when I was a child into early adulthood when your doctor actually cared and would come to your home to see you if you weren't able to get out. Those doctors treated you like family and genuinely cared.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. Rowan saw me through a very difficult time of trying to get pregnant with my first child. He wasted no time in referring me to the fertility clinic. Sadly my first pregnancy ended in my son stillborn Dr. Rowan was there through my whole grieving process he asked to see me and continually ensured that not only my physical but mental health was being looked after. With much joy I gave birth to my very healthy son in 2014. Dr. Rowan took my son on as a patient as well and we both received excellent care. I cannot say enough good about this Doctor he always takes so much time with you at each appointment to ensure that all of your needs are met. Excellent knowledgeable care.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

At my last visit he gave me his card with his cellphone number and email on it. He tries hard to accommodate me and my family but also all his other patients. He even visited my mother in her house when she was very sick and couldn't get out of her house . I am so glad to be on his patient list.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

He is an excellent doctor. They often overburden him with patients but it does not take away from his expertise. Admin side of the clinic needs to be worked on.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Dr Rowan has been doctor for the past several years. Before that I had no family doctor and was forced to make frequent trips to walk in clinics, constantly exposing my medical hx and concerns to different doctors. I feel I really lucked out in finding DR Rowan. My health has been precarious over the past few years and he has been supportive, knowledgeable, and understanding. This is a doctor whom genuinely cares for his patients and clearly does this job with no consideration for the paycheck that comes along with it. A truly kind and caring man.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Excellent care! He really takes the time to listen !

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Happy he is my doctor. Listens well and very knowledgable .

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

This doctor has been great in helping me cope with my illnesses. Although he is very busy and often late, he spends as much time as you need to understand what is going on. He really listens. He alo will answer emails should there be any concerns. I relaly appreciate all the hard work he does and hope he stays in Petawawa for avery long time.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

Dr. Rowan is a thorough and highly knowledgeable physician. On several occasions he let me "pick his brain" on possible causes of symptoms I was having. He valued my education and my insights and worked collaboratively with me on the problem When I came down with a serious bout of depression, he saw it as a temporary bump in the road of a very promising future health professional, and treated me with dignity and respect. I often thought of Dr. Rowan as a support and an ally on my journey back to health and prosperity.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010