Ratings for Dr. Ali Shickh

The staff are just wonderful. I hope that he pays them well because they deserve it after having to put up with this miserable human being. I saw Dr. Shickh and was diagnosed with a condition that takes anywhere from 3 months and more to heal. I saw him after 3 months and was told to go back to work. He didn't examine me, nor did he ask how I was feeling. I saw another Dr. who told me that in fact the condition that I had hadn't healed and to return to work would cause even more damage to my body. Dr. Shickh is quite dismissive of women for some reason. You would think that he would make some sort of effort to improve his patient/Doctor communication.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

After reading some of the reviews I was a bit unsure about going to Dr. Schick, however I found the technician and Dr. Schick to be friendly and he gave me my results within a short waiting time and he listened to what I was telling him.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I was in pain for two years, in the end - barely able to walk. I had seen 3 other specialists and was on a wait list (6-8 months) to get into St. Mike's. Dr. Shickh diagnosed my lupus on the first visit - clearly pointing out markers that other Dr.'s had ignored or overlooked. Forever grateful.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Called and left a message asking what to do with my moms knee pain and no one bothered to call me back. Dr. Shickh's himself was quite rude, felt like we were wasting his time.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Dr. Shickh apparently works with Dr. David Shrives at their office in Bowmanville. Also called Bowmanville Cardiology Services. I see here he is listed as an Internist and a Geriatrician. Hmm...not long ago he was listed as a Rheumatologist. Why is he intrepreting Holter monitors? He interpreted mine. Incorrectly. Didn't find out about it until Dr. Shrives was reported to the CPSO for poor cardiac skills. Turns out this Dr. Shickh who isn't even mentioned in the office is reading Holter and no one seems to care that he can't do it correctly, even the CPSO. Anyway, if you need a cardiac workup, please stay clear of either of these doctors, their cardiology service or a echo tech with the initials KM.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

I was sick for 7 months saw 3 other specialists. Dr Schick figured it out on my first visit.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I must agree with most of the reviews of Dr. Shickh, he doesn't take the time to even listen to what problems you are experiencing or even seem to care whatsoever. All he does is try to push extreme drugs such as Enbrel or TNF blockers and keeps mentioning they can run upwards of $25,000 - $30,000. I have seen him two times and just as everyone else is saying he needs his staff (whom are good) to use as a buffer for his non caring attitude and at times rudeness. Both times he did a quick measure to see my flexibility ordered more tests and then left me with his nurse, so I would say he was in the room for maybe 10 minutes both visits. I have a really rare disease that has gotten so bad that I can barely walk now so that's why I looked to him for help and I'm afraid to take the TNF blockers (Enbrel) as I also have a very low immune system and even more so now after reading the review of the 61 year old mother dying after being put on these meds. I realize that my disease is going to kill me non the less but am hoping for what help I can get to make my life less painful.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Great Doctor would recommend him to anybody with needs in his field great staff working with him.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I'm a little in shock reading these reviews after my experience with this doctor. He sent me for xrays and bloodwork. When I returned for the results, I sat there in uncomfortable silence while he read through a stack of reports. He then said there was nothing wrong, he couldn't treat me, and go back to my GP to be treated for pain. This, after three years of acute pain and stiffness in hands, wrists, hips and knees, to the point where I walk with a cane and cannot lift a cup of coffee. But there is nothing wrong with me. I felt completely despondant leaving his office, to the point of suicide, but I will keep trying to find a doctor who actually listens.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Dr. Shickh made me feel completely at ease while examining me. I was so nervous before my appointment. He has a sense of humour, was very helpful, kind and easy to discuss my problem with. I will gladly return to him if I need to in the future. :)

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014