Ratings for Dr. Janet M. Tobin

Had Dr Tobin for a long time. Ran into a mix up with a payment. My insurance company checked it out and found that her biiiing department was at fault (ie they didn’t file properly or in the time allowed) . She very strongly “said “ that her billing department didn’t make a mistake and she couldn’t afford not to be paid for her services. A couple days after that appointment we get a letter from her stating she could no longer be my doctor. Nice lady, caring doctor. Well Dr Tobin I am 78 yrs old and I have always paid my bills and I didn’t appreciate you insinuating that I didn’t. Nice visit doc you saw nothing to be concerned about my weight dropping from 159 to 145

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

she is confusing and does forget from the last visit. she has sent me to have tests I did not need and knew it; but I complied. she even forgot she had ordered the tests. i.e. she asked me if I had a kidney doctor two weeks after she talked to him personally while I waited. I am looking for another pcp.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Dr. Tobin saved my friend's dad's life. After 5 days in the hospital and no diagnosis, he went to see her and she diagnosed him in one visit. He was booked for surgery immediately. She saved his life! Our heartfelt thanks to an incredible Doctor!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Excellent service, very quick getting me in, Dr. Tobin listened to my problem and did not rush me at all. Office staff is great also.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

Been seeing Dr Tobin since coming to Punta Gorda at her Sandhill office, she is great, always listens and does not rush you. Also Cindy her nurse is awesome too, returns phone calls and works you in when needed. Cannot say enough how great Dr. Tobin is.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

You are the best Dr Tobin, Thank you! She is friendly, lots of knowledge about my case. I had a probleme with skin and she found the right medicine for it and never had problem since.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

After my wife told her we were planning on getting pregnant after just getting married (wife is 22 and I 25) that it's a "stupid idea" and she was sending my wife to get an IUD. She also told her she has gained wait from eating junk,when she was told she has a major thyroid issue.This lady should not be practicing medicine she is very rude and very uneducated. I would never recommend her to anyone, beware!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

My goodness - Was this office and this Doctor TERRIBLE. Whether it was Dr Tobin forgetting everything she said practically right after she said it, or the fact that the office feels as though it is being run by a group of gossiping teenagers, this was the most unprofessional Doctor's office I've been to. I went a few times (I figured everyone has a bad day), and every single time they (INCLUDING THE DOCTOR) were gossiping about patients (and their medical conditions!) right in the hallway by the exam rooms and waiting room! I swear, if I was so inclined I would file a HIPPA complaint.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Totally absent minded. Forgets everything she prescribed 2 wks prior. Just wants to make as much money as possible in the 3 days she's there. Very unprofessional. Not very bright.

Submitted July 2, 2015

I've been seeing Dr tobin for years since she was on Sandhill. She takes great care of me and my husband. My husband got very ill and needed to see a specialist we could not afford. Her nurse scheduled an appointment with a specialist that would give us a discount. We recommend her to all of our friends.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Janet M. Tobin's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1988)