Ratings for Dr. Robert B. Balbis

Best Dr. I have had in a long time. I like a doctor who is not an alarmist and who looks at the "whole" person. Dr. Balbis does this. He is low-key but attentive.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

Dr. Balbis was very friendly and knowledgable. Took a great deal of time helping me and my family decide what treatment methods would be best for us. I was extremely nervous regarding my 1st initial visit with Dr. Balbis, but I can't imagine seeing another physician to care for me and my family.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2013

Very dismissive about patients needs and/or concerns, seems more worried about being on time for lunch than about patient. Not a Doctor that I would send anyone I liked or cared about to.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

PARENTS BEWARE! IF YOUR CHILD IS ON THE PETITE SIDE DO NOT GO TO THIS PHYSICIAN. This physician might be good with Adults but he's not very experienced with small children and panicked; completely overreacting at the 1st site of a child who was Petite & slightly underweight-by Reporting Mom to DCF & Child Protective Services; INSTEAD of Referring the Child Out to an Experienced Pediatrician who can Follow Up with the Patient; since he's not experienced with small children. It's a Physician's Job (AN OATH WAS TAKEN) to provide care to patients and if Unable to do so, Refer patient out to someone (specialist) who does know how to care for them. NOT Panic and Report the Child and Parent to Department of Children & Families AND Child Protective Services with Speculations & Exaggerations. If your child is slightly under weight (‘Skinny’) or Petite for his or her age, Instead of taking proper course of treatment. HE WILL REPORT to DCF & CPS which is a VERY SERIOUS ACTION!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

Gainesville/Southeastern Primary Care. Balbis seemed receptive and caring at first, but then became dismissive and condescending when I tried to discuss issues relating to chronic illnesses (longterm fluctuating thyroid problems and a 10-year history of chronic fatigue syndrome, diagnosed by well respected Drs at a major hospital). Though I went to him specifically to address the thyroid issue and asked for a specialist referral, he dismissed me by saying he prefers to treat his patient's thyroid issues himself and dismissed me when I told him that the generic thyroid doesn't work for me, implying I was imagining the differences between the two. He ordered some blood tests, but I was surprised and disappointed to learn those tests didn't even include thyroid function. I switched to another Dr. in this practice (Duncanson) and was disgusted to hear the exact same responses and phrases that Balbis used - as if they discussed -and dismissed me- before the 2nd doctor even met me.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Dr. Robert B. Balbis's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2001)