Ratings for Dr. Robert B. Balbis

A 4-5 star Dr. BALBIS is an excellent Dr. great bed side manners takes good amount of time with you very through and specific in explaining questions and diagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Best Dr. I have had in a long time. I like a doctor who is not an alarmist and who looks at the "whole" person. Dr. Balbis does this. He is low-key but attentive.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

Dr. Balbis was very friendly and knowledgable. Took a great deal of time helping me and my family decide what treatment methods would be best for us. I was extremely nervous regarding my 1st initial visit with Dr. Balbis, but I can't imagine seeing another physician to care for me and my family.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2013

Very dismissive about patients needs and/or concerns, seems more worried about being on time for lunch than about patient. Not a Doctor that I would send anyone I liked or cared about to.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

Gainesville/Southeastern Primary Care. Balbis seemed receptive and caring at first, but then became dismissive and condescending when I tried to discuss issues relating to chronic illnesses (longterm fluctuating thyroid problems and a 10-year history of chronic fatigue syndrome, diagnosed by well respected Drs at a major hospital). Though I went to him specifically to address the thyroid issue and asked for a specialist referral, he dismissed me by saying he prefers to treat his patient's thyroid issues himself and dismissed me when I told him that the generic thyroid doesn't work for me, implying I was imagining the differences between the two. He ordered some blood tests, but I was surprised and disappointed to learn those tests didn't even include thyroid function. I switched to another Dr. in this practice (Duncanson) and was disgusted to hear the exact same responses and phrases that Balbis used - as if they discussed -and dismissed me- before the 2nd doctor even met me.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Dr. Robert B. Balbis's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal