Ratings for Dr. James Wang

He was 15-20 minutes late to my appointment which is acceptable compared to other doctors that have made me wait hours at a time. He was knowledgable during my appointment but made me doubt how I was feeling and rushed through our appointment. It's after the appointment where I had problems. He prescribed me a medicine that was too weak for my Crohn's. It was causing me to bleed heavily and I knew I would need to go to the emergency room. I called him multiple times to renew the prescription for my stronger meds but HE DID NOT ANSWER. I was forced to go to the hospital and get a transfusion. He is completely unreliable in times of actual emergency. If you need a 24/7 doctor do not go to him. He is only useful for appointments maybe once or twice a year.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I have had experience with Dr. Wang and in fact found him so personable, knowledgeable and empathetic that I had my son request him for his referral. I found Dr. Wang to be understanding on the day of my procedure, and he is flexible. He added a procedure to my initial procedure the morning of to save me time of having to come back a second time. I found his receptionist to be clear and direct , she is more personable in person and perhaps seems curt on the phone however, she is just giving the information and trying to get on with her day. She has a lot of work to do and I have seen her have to deal repetitively with rude patients who insist on using their phones in the office despite the large sign on the door. Unfortunately receptionists don't get the best of people...the doctor does and I'm sure she gets tired of it. Her office may seem quiet but she is also dealing with all Dr. Wang's regular/cancer patients as well. I was especially impressed with my follow up information as well as Dr. Wangs willingness to see me again in a year.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Not at all pleased with this doctor - waited a long time, had to walk up 5 flights of stairs -when I was seen he did not have my CT scan results which I had spoken to his secretary and told her she had to phone hospital to get them which she obviously did not. Was very curt with me, told me I was very angry and went through the questions very quickly. I have had CT scans on my lungs, bones and abdomen, was told by technician that I basically had cancer after lung scan. He suggested that I was very anxious which I agreed I was but I have been told so many different things that I was confused and agitated. I also had my daughter with me and he proceeded to put me down in front of her, not knowing that she is part of my problem - she was given $1,300 from me to supposedly help me through this and all she has done is driven me to 4 appointments and then leaves me on my own. I will not go back to this man and will find someone a little more caring - I am 78 years old and he put me down in front of someone who has taken my money over the years and is a liar and an alcoholic and the only family that I have so I had to have her drive me. Very bad experience and not what someone needed while going through all these tests.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I found Dr Wang as a very professional, knowledgeable physician . He spent much time with you and never felt rushed. The only negative comment about his practice is his receptionist. She never, never returns calls. Any time I have been there I seldom hear the phone ring and wonder how hard it can be to return patient's calls. She spends so much time gossiping which is very annoying as it is an open area and easily heard by anyone is the waiting room. It truly a shame that Dr Wang's practice is receiving negative comments for a fantastic physician by such an incompetent receptionist.

Submitted February 3, 2016

Have had only good experience with the office and doctor. Pleasant, prompt, helpful, efficient. Was set up for a procedure very quickly, and received a good explanation afterwards. He communicated with my primary care physician quickly and thoroughly. No idea what other writers experienced. I'm not looking for a friend - just a smooth, efficient, professional, pleasant experience and I absolutely received it in this office.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I found Dr. Wang to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful in explaining my Celiac Disease. I came to him after many years of suffering from the disease and he was the one who diagnosed it. He explained very clearly the gluten-free diet I have been following and which I need to continue for my lifetime. I would highly recommend him. He was a lifesaver.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

i am quite surprises to seethe negative reviews regarding Dr. Wang and his receptionist. I have been seeing Dr. Wang for over fifteen years now. I find him very pleasant and thorough with professional bedside manners. His receptionist is always cheerful and very accommodating. Each time I visit I look forward to seeing and chit chatting with her. I would highly recommend Dr,. Wang and after you get to know his receptionist you will love her!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

The worst receptionist I have meet in years. She is extremely rude over the phone for appointments.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

The comment made by the person dated July 28, 2015 were exactly what I experienced so no doubt I had to cancel my procedure. The doctor isknowledgable but not comfortable going further. Had an awful experience dealing with his receptionist, trying hard to be nice but one can still feel her insincerity and rudeness.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I had a recent appointment with Dr. Wang and I wish I read this comments prior. As someone in the medical profession myself, I was not impressed. His receptionist had by far one of the poorest people / interpersonal skills I have ever encountered. Her willingness to be considerate to patients questions and concerns were awful. I left feeling like I was bothering/ annoying her. She needs to realized that ANY medical procedure needs to be dealt with some compassion for the situation that clients are dealing with. As for Dr. Wang, his knowledge of his speciality is great and I am sure he is good at what he does. However, I also felt rushed during the appointment. His discussions was very curt and blunt. Based on just the consultation, I did Not feel comfortable going further with them. I cancelled my surgery and found a new specialist. I encourage all patients to do their research for doctors. And to the health professionals --- your interpersonal skills Matter to your clients, please be considerate, read your reviews and adjust accordingly.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015