Ratings for Dr. James Wang

Very disappointing. He will make you feel you have psychological problem more than gastric.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

The person working at the front desk is extremely unprofessional.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr Wang needs a new receptionist!!!!! Every time I call she is very cold and rude. She has messed up my appointments more than once and I have the appointment cards as proof. I have asked multiple times for a reminder call about my appointments because there has been so many issues and still no reminder, even when i ask directly and then I am talked down to by the receptionist when I call to reschedule after an appointment has been missed. VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. Dr Wang on the other hand is very kind but rushes. he has lots of knowledge about what he does which is good but he goes through his process way too fast, but i guess i understand because his waiting room is always super packed which is very frustrating because they overbook and have multiple people for the same appointment time, which i understand happens but its a ridiculous amount. I think I am going to switch doctors because its stressful dealing with the receptionist and being rushed. I have enough to deal with.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I waited for quite awhile. His receptionist and the other one for Dr. Shawesh would talk about everyone's business while sitting at the desk. Other times, they would walk to the window and gab away. She was alright with me, but Dr. Wang stood up and became angry, when I told him that I am afraid of needles and of been put to sleep. He has no patience for the too many patients that he sees, and I told him so.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Receptionist is useless , leaves messages to a number that the patient hasn't used in six years. Blames you for her errors. I had left a voice message with a call back number over three weeks ago and NO response! She needs to be terminated!!!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

In his office as we speak and he's already an hour behind, with a packed waiting room, while he had no problem seeing a salesperson and has been talking to another doctor in the office for the last half hour about a vacation....absolutely horrible!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

He was 15-20 minutes late to my appointment which is acceptable compared to other doctors that have made me wait hours at a time. He was knowledgable during my appointment but made me doubt how I was feeling and rushed through our appointment. It's after the appointment where I had problems. He prescribed me a medicine that was too weak for my Crohn's. It was causing me to bleed heavily and I knew I would need to go to the emergency room. I called him multiple times to renew the prescription for my stronger meds but HE DID NOT ANSWER. I was forced to go to the hospital and get a transfusion. He is completely unreliable in times of actual emergency. If you need a 24/7 doctor do not go to him. He is only useful for appointments maybe once or twice a year.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I have had experience with Dr. Wang and in fact found him so personable, knowledgeable and empathetic that I had my son request him for his referral. I found Dr. Wang to be understanding on the day of my procedure, and he is flexible. He added a procedure to my initial procedure the morning of to save me time of having to come back a second time. I found his receptionist to be clear and direct , she is more personable in person and perhaps seems curt on the phone however, she is just giving the information and trying to get on with her day. She has a lot of work to do and I have seen her have to deal repetitively with rude patients who insist on using their phones in the office despite the large sign on the door. Unfortunately receptionists don't get the best of people...the doctor does and I'm sure she gets tired of it. Her office may seem quiet but she is also dealing with all Dr. Wang's regular/cancer patients as well. I was especially impressed with my follow up information as well as Dr. Wangs willingness to see me again in a year.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Not at all pleased with this doctor - waited a long time, had to walk up 5 flights of stairs -when I was seen he did not have my CT scan results which I had spoken to his secretary and told her she had to phone hospital to get them which she obviously did not. Was very curt with me, told me I was very angry and went through the questions very quickly. I have had CT scans on my lungs, bones and abdomen, was told by technician that I basically had cancer after lung scan. He suggested that I was very anxious which I agreed I was but I have been told so many different things that I was confused and agitated. I also had my daughter with me and he proceeded to put me down in front of her, not knowing that she is part of my problem - she was given $1,300 from me to supposedly help me through this and all she has done is driven me to 4 appointments and then leaves me on my own. I will not go back to this man and will find someone a little more caring - I am 78 years old and he put me down in front of someone who has taken my money over the years and is a liar and an alcoholic and the only family that I have so I had to have her drive me. Very bad experience and not what someone needed while going through all these tests.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I found Dr Wang as a very professional, knowledgeable physician . He spent much time with you and never felt rushed. The only negative comment about his practice is his receptionist. She never, never returns calls. Any time I have been there I seldom hear the phone ring and wonder how hard it can be to return patient's calls. She spends so much time gossiping which is very annoying as it is an open area and easily heard by anyone is the waiting room. It truly a shame that Dr Wang's practice is receiving negative comments for a fantastic physician by such an incompetent receptionist.

Submitted February 3, 2016