You may also like

Ratings for Dr. James Wang

I found Dr Wang as a very professional, knowledgeable physician . He spent much time with you and never felt rushed. The only negative comment about his practice is his receptionist. She never, never returns calls. Any time I have been there I seldom hear the phone ring and wonder how hard it can be to return patient's calls. She spends so much time gossiping which is very annoying as it is an open area and easily heard by anyone is the waiting room. It truly a shame that Dr Wang's practice is receiving negative comments for a fantastic physician by such an incompetent receptionist.

Submitted February 3, 2016

Have had only good experience with the office and doctor. Pleasant, prompt, helpful, efficient. Was set up for a procedure very quickly, and received a good explanation afterwards. He communicated with my primary care physician quickly and thoroughly. No idea what other writers experienced. I'm not looking for a friend - just a smooth, efficient, professional, pleasant experience and I absolutely received it in this office.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I found Dr. Wang to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful in explaining my Celiac Disease. I came to him after many years of suffering from the disease and he was the one who diagnosed it. He explained very clearly the gluten-free diet I have been following and which I need to continue for my lifetime. I would highly recommend him. He was a lifesaver.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

i am quite surprises to seethe negative reviews regarding Dr. Wang and his receptionist. I have been seeing Dr. Wang for over fifteen years now. I find him very pleasant and thorough with professional bedside manners. His receptionist is always cheerful and very accommodating. Each time I visit I look forward to seeing and chit chatting with her. I would highly recommend Dr,. Wang and after you get to know his receptionist you will love her!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

The comment made by the person dated July 28, 2015 were exactly what I experienced so no doubt I had to cancel my procedure. The doctor isknowledgable but not comfortable going further. Had an awful experience dealing with his receptionist, trying hard to be nice but one can still feel her insincerity and rudeness.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I had a recent appointment with Dr. Wang and I wish I read this comments prior. As someone in the medical profession myself, I was not impressed. His receptionist had by far one of the poorest people / interpersonal skills I have ever encountered. Her willingness to be considerate to patients questions and concerns were awful. I left feeling like I was bothering/ annoying her. She needs to realized that ANY medical procedure needs to be dealt with some compassion for the situation that clients are dealing with. As for Dr. Wang, his knowledge of his speciality is great and I am sure he is good at what he does. However, I also felt rushed during the appointment. His discussions was very curt and blunt. Based on just the consultation, I did Not feel comfortable going further with them. I cancelled my surgery and found a new specialist. I encourage all patients to do their research for doctors. And to the health professionals --- your interpersonal skills Matter to your clients, please be considerate, read your reviews and adjust accordingly.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

His one and only staff member isn't what you would hope for with kindness. U received no phone call from them for the date for my scope. No adress and office times on there machine. As well no one returned my calls. I find the lack of business management at this Dr's office. James Wang seems nice and willing to help.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Incompetent and uncaring. Rushes through appointment and cannot seem to properly diagnose problem. Asked GP for referral to another gastroenterologist...problems solved.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

My experience at Dr. Wang's office was much different compared to what others have reported. I recently visited his office experiencing all sorts of lower stomach discomfort. Dr. Wang was very thorough in his line of questioning about my symptoms, and I didn't feel rushed to answer. I was fully able to express myself, while he listened. He quickly booked a blood test and scopes, and was thorough in his explanation on what my symptoms could mean. My blood test showed that I has possible celiac disease, and he was very quick to phone me to inform me of this. All the while, I find his demeanour to be considerate, careful and kind. Excellent bedside manner.... As far as punctuality goes, I hardly had to wait 15 minutes before seeing the doctor. So I have no complains on this topic. As far as the receptionist goes, I didn't observe the rudeness that everyone else had reported. I found the receptionist to be quite friendly and helpful. Even while I was waiting to see the Doctor, she was quite talkative and kept me entertained during my short wait. Overall this was a great visit. I would recommend Dr. Wang to anyone in need to see a Gastroenterologist.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Dr. James Wang's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr Wang as a very professional, knowledgeable physician . He spent much time with you and never felt rushed. The only negative comment about his pract..."

February 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Have had only good experience with the office and doctor. Pleasant, prompt, helpful, efficient. Was set up for a procedure very quickly, and received a good e..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Wang to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful in explaining my Celiac Disease. I came to him after many years of suffering from the disease and he ..."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "i am quite surprises to seethe negative reviews regarding Dr. Wang and his receptionist. I have been seeing Dr. Wang for over fifteen years now. I find him ve..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "The worst receptionist I have meet in years. She is extremely rude over the phone for appointments."

October 27, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "The comment made by the person dated July 28, 2015 were exactly what I experienced so no doubt I had to cancel my procedure. The doctor isknowledgable but no..."

October 6, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a recent appointment with Dr. Wang and I wish I read this comments prior. As someone in the medical profession myself, I was not impressed. His receptio..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "His one and only staff member isn't what you would hope for with kindness. U received no phone call from them for the date for my scope. No adress and office ti..."

June 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Incompetent and uncaring. Rushes through appointment and cannot seem to properly diagnose problem. Asked GP for referral to another gastroenterologist...probl..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience at Dr. Wang's office was much different compared to what others have reported. I recently visited his office experiencing all sorts of lower sto..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Secretary is the rudest person I have ever dealt with in my life. His secretary is supposed to represent him but she is not what I would want representing me. S..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "So many earlier comments mention how rude the receptionist is. My experience was the same. She is very rude and unhelpful to the patients. Why has he not fir..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Just had a call from Dr. Wang's receptionist who is without a doubt the rudest person I have ever had to listen to. My son was referred to Dr Wang by Ajax hospi..."

January 8, 2015
  • City changed from "Pickering" to "Ajax"

July 26, 2012