You may also like

Ratings for Dr. James Wang

Not at all pleased with this doctor - waited a long time, had to walk up 5 flights of stairs -when I was seen he did not have my CT scan results which I had spoken to his secretary and told her she had to phone hospital to get them which she obviously did not. Was very curt with me, told me I was very angry and went through the questions very quickly. I have had CT scans on my lungs, bones and abdomen, was told by technician that I basically had cancer after lung scan. He suggested that I was very anxious which I agreed I was but I have been told so many different things that I was confused and agitated. I also had my daughter with me and he proceeded to put me down in front of her, not knowing that she is part of my problem - she was given $1,300 from me to supposedly help me through this and all she has done is driven me to 4 appointments and then leaves me on my own. I will not go back to this man and will find someone a little more caring - I am 78 years old and he put me down in front of someone who has taken my money over the years and is a liar and an alcoholic and the only family that I have so I had to have her drive me. Very bad experience and not what someone needed while going through all these tests.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I found Dr Wang as a very professional, knowledgeable physician . He spent much time with you and never felt rushed. The only negative comment about his practice is his receptionist. She never, never returns calls. Any time I have been there I seldom hear the phone ring and wonder how hard it can be to return patient's calls. She spends so much time gossiping which is very annoying as it is an open area and easily heard by anyone is the waiting room. It truly a shame that Dr Wang's practice is receiving negative comments for a fantastic physician by such an incompetent receptionist.

Submitted February 3, 2016

Have had only good experience with the office and doctor. Pleasant, prompt, helpful, efficient. Was set up for a procedure very quickly, and received a good explanation afterwards. He communicated with my primary care physician quickly and thoroughly. No idea what other writers experienced. I'm not looking for a friend - just a smooth, efficient, professional, pleasant experience and I absolutely received it in this office.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I found Dr. Wang to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful in explaining my Celiac Disease. I came to him after many years of suffering from the disease and he was the one who diagnosed it. He explained very clearly the gluten-free diet I have been following and which I need to continue for my lifetime. I would highly recommend him. He was a lifesaver.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

i am quite surprises to seethe negative reviews regarding Dr. Wang and his receptionist. I have been seeing Dr. Wang for over fifteen years now. I find him very pleasant and thorough with professional bedside manners. His receptionist is always cheerful and very accommodating. Each time I visit I look forward to seeing and chit chatting with her. I would highly recommend Dr,. Wang and after you get to know his receptionist you will love her!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

The comment made by the person dated July 28, 2015 were exactly what I experienced so no doubt I had to cancel my procedure. The doctor isknowledgable but not comfortable going further. Had an awful experience dealing with his receptionist, trying hard to be nice but one can still feel her insincerity and rudeness.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I had a recent appointment with Dr. Wang and I wish I read this comments prior. As someone in the medical profession myself, I was not impressed. His receptionist had by far one of the poorest people / interpersonal skills I have ever encountered. Her willingness to be considerate to patients questions and concerns were awful. I left feeling like I was bothering/ annoying her. She needs to realized that ANY medical procedure needs to be dealt with some compassion for the situation that clients are dealing with. As for Dr. Wang, his knowledge of his speciality is great and I am sure he is good at what he does. However, I also felt rushed during the appointment. His discussions was very curt and blunt. Based on just the consultation, I did Not feel comfortable going further with them. I cancelled my surgery and found a new specialist. I encourage all patients to do their research for doctors. And to the health professionals --- your interpersonal skills Matter to your clients, please be considerate, read your reviews and adjust accordingly.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

His one and only staff member isn't what you would hope for with kindness. U received no phone call from them for the date for my scope. No adress and office times on there machine. As well no one returned my calls. I find the lack of business management at this Dr's office. James Wang seems nice and willing to help.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Incompetent and uncaring. Rushes through appointment and cannot seem to properly diagnose problem. Asked GP for referral to another gastroenterologist...problems solved.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Dr. James Wang's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Not at all pleased with this doctor - waited a long time, had to walk up 5 flights of stairs -when I was seen he did not have my CT scan results which I had spo..."

May 18, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr Wang as a very professional, knowledgeable physician . He spent much time with you and never felt rushed. The only negative comment about his pract..."

February 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Have had only good experience with the office and doctor. Pleasant, prompt, helpful, efficient. Was set up for a procedure very quickly, and received a good e..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Wang to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful in explaining my Celiac Disease. I came to him after many years of suffering from the disease and he ..."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "i am quite surprises to seethe negative reviews regarding Dr. Wang and his receptionist. I have been seeing Dr. Wang for over fifteen years now. I find him ve..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "The worst receptionist I have meet in years. She is extremely rude over the phone for appointments."

October 27, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "The comment made by the person dated July 28, 2015 were exactly what I experienced so no doubt I had to cancel my procedure. The doctor isknowledgable but no..."

October 6, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a recent appointment with Dr. Wang and I wish I read this comments prior. As someone in the medical profession myself, I was not impressed. His receptio..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "His one and only staff member isn't what you would hope for with kindness. U received no phone call from them for the date for my scope. No adress and office ti..."

June 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Incompetent and uncaring. Rushes through appointment and cannot seem to properly diagnose problem. Asked GP for referral to another gastroenterologist...probl..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience at Dr. Wang's office was much different compared to what others have reported. I recently visited his office experiencing all sorts of lower sto..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Secretary is the rudest person I have ever dealt with in my life. His secretary is supposed to represent him but she is not what I would want representing me. S..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "So many earlier comments mention how rude the receptionist is. My experience was the same. She is very rude and unhelpful to the patients. Why has he not fir..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Just had a call from Dr. Wang's receptionist who is without a doubt the rudest person I have ever had to listen to. My son was referred to Dr Wang by Ajax hospi..."

January 8, 2015
  • City changed from "Pickering" to "Ajax"

July 26, 2012