Ratings for Dr. Irene Vanek

Words cannot begin to express my gratitude and admiration for Dr. Vanek. Her swift, professional diagnosis of my condition and the need for emergency surgery saved my eyesight. She is a brilliant, compassionate doctor. Her rapid intervention on my behalf, prevented me from going blind!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr Vanek is an amazing doctor! She is very knowledgeable and spends significant amount of time with the patient to explain what is going on. She is also very personable and passionate about her job!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Dr. Vanek treated me with kindness and respect, saw the urgency in my diagnosis and treatment and personally handled time-sensitive referrals when my own family doctor fell far behind. She gave me good advice, put my mind at ease, took time to connect with me on a personal level and explained the tests and results in ways in which I could understand. She is a fantastic doctor and I count myself very lucky to have her on my team!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

A wonderful no-nonsense doctor. Knowledgeable, with a great sense of humour. She's tops in her field.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I suffer from severe facial neuropathic pain. I met Dr. Vanek yesterday for the first time. Five minutes into my appointment she got up and asked if she could give me a hug. She let me cry in her arms, openly sobbing. Thankfully, after a thorough examination, my optic nerve is not damaged. I will never see her again as my eyes are healthy (just severe pain) but I'll never forget her. She is simply wonderful.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Poor patient treatment, she is very very unfriendly,

Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr Vanek is the best doctor I have ever met before. Very knowledgeable, caring and humorous. Thank you so much for your sincere care and examination for my mom, Dr Vanek. I wish all the best for you.😍

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Amazing, caring, knowledgeable, passionate about her work and her patients, wants the best for her patients as if they are her family. Blessed to have her as my ophthalmologist 😍

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Vanek is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain her concerns and findings. She is wonderful with a sense of humour, very dedicated to her profession. We are fortunate to have her in Toronto.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

My son and I met Dr Vanek yesterday I don't think iv ever met a Dr quite like her , she made what started out to be a morning full of anxiety and fear turn into a beautiful day for us she really know her stuff taking the time to explain everything we were so impressed by her what a huge asset she is to the hospital our experience was so awesome Thank you Dr Vanek we look forward to seeing you again Ryan and Linda Colley

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016