Ratings for Dr. Ronald Z. Surowitz

I left a PCP of 12 years to come to Dr. S. He came highly recommended by several people. Since I had issues with the staff from the last dr, I was apprehensive, but EVERY person in this office has been terrific...getting my referrals done, RX's called in and ALWAYS polite and sympathetic to everyone. I have been so thrilled that I changed abd and the Dr. has always listened to what health issues I am having and has diagnosed correctly a problem that has plagued me for years, but wasn't addressed to the point of eradicating the problem with correct RX and dietary choices! I am SO thrilled wi h every one at this office. ...they have become 'family' to me.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

The medical staff (doctors & nurse practitioners) are excellent at this practice but the front office staff are rude, nasty, incompetent, & self indulging. My medication went from4.00 to 128.00 so called the surgery. I asked if they could talk to Erin (told them I would pay for phone consult) & see what else I could take as I could not go to the doctors due to work and would not be able to get there for about three months due to work. They stated that they could not do this & I would have to make An appt so I made one for 4/16, the first time I could get off work i would have been out of Lipitor for 3 months & the receptionist stated she could not do anything about that. So I called x3, faxed x 2 & emailed them thru their website. 2 weeks after, Walmart called & said they had a script for me but no one from the office, called me told me what the medication was & did not call me re the blood work I asked about. I called the day of appt & they did not make it, or cancelled it

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Dr. Surowitz is an excellent physician but his nursing and office staff are very poor. I don't understand why individuals would chose to work in the medical field and show such a disrespectful and uncaring attitude to patients.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2011

Medical services are OK and I am comfortable with the medical providers here. Back-office staff can leave a bit to be desired and can be very rude. The billing here is the worst that I have EVER experienced (really). It has not been unusual for me to get a bill several months after the service was provided. When you request an explanation, I've had the experience of the staff either dismissing you, acting hostile, and sometimes refusing to provide back-up documentation for the claim. I requested a discussion with the principle over poor treatment by staff. They set up appointment, they broke it; leaving me to believe that they couldn't be bothered. This is not to say that ALL the staff is customer-hostile, but overall I’m not sure whether the service is worth the back-end aggravation.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

I felt that the nursing staff lacked in their communication skills when discussing prescription medication and the necessity of getting the prescription filled immediately. The doctor’s office sent my prescription to the wrong pharmacy. Prior to me figuring this out I called the office and instead of the office helping me figure out what happened they proceeded to be very defensive and non-empathetic. They even called me at work the next day to tell me I was inappropriate. I rarely felt that the nurses were interested in my visit or concerned for my ailments. Although I have had no issues with Dr. Surowitz, his staff has forced me to seek another primary physician.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2009

Dr. Ronald Z. Surowitz's Credentials

• College Of Osteopathic Physicians And Surgeons Of Los Angeles (Grad. 1971)

MSP/BC Med