Ratings for Dr. Lydia O. Crane

I am not a friend of Dr. Crane, I am a patient and have been one since 2001. Dr. Crane takes the time to talk with me, runs EVERY test imaginable and if not diagnosis is found, she then refers her to a specialist. I recently went to the ER for heart issues and had to follow up with both her and my Cardio Dr. My blood work showed that my liver enzymes were elevated. Dr. Crane had my blood drawn again, put in for an ultra, and is had to be fitted for a 24hr heart monitor. My cardio Dr. was thrilled that Dr. Crane took this inititve for her patients. I had one of the MOST respected GI Dr.'s, Dr. Koretski, state that he knows that when our her patients is referred to him, there is cause for concern. I have never and will never go to another Dr. insurance or not. I only wish that she was accepting new patients becasue I have referred many people to her and would like to refer more

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Our family doctor retired and Dr.Crane took over his practice. The positive reviews, on this website, must be from her staff and friends. Since she has taken over the practice, the quality of care has steadily declined. Her bedside manner is horrble. She does not communicate proper information to her nurses. She does not listen well and does not like her patients asking questions. She always seems to be in a hurry and acts like the patient is inconveniencing her. I have been taking my family to this same practice for over 15 years. Dr. Crane has ruined , what use to be, a very good practice.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

Dr. Crane was average on 1st visit but quality of care preceding 2 visits were poor. A MIMA walk-in-clinic dr advised her of abnormal blood test & need for ultra sound; Crane dragged her feet ordering the test which delayed my diagnosis. After 3 ph calls to her office I finally had to ask for emergency appt. She never bothered to read nurses notes and was clueless as to why I was there. I had severe abdominal pain, explained I need a diagnosis so we know what the protocol of tx should be. She told me to take a TYLENOL until she could find time to order a test! I TOLD HER "NOT TO WORRY, I already made my own appt for test." Her excuse to her poor quality of care? "It's a process!" Whats a process? If her staff contacted my ins company like I asked 3x, the ONLY "process" would have been her ineptness at faxing an ultrasound script & making a diagnosis. Its pathetic when a patient has to GOOGLE pancreatitis and follow its tx protocol! FYI...it worked.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012

Dr. Crane has been my primary care physician for over 10 years. She is also my parents primary care physician. We all love her and she is also fantastic. I have had several medical problems in the past and she has always taken great care of me, including going above and beyond. I highly recommend Dr. Crane to everyone looking for a caring, knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

Dr. Crane is an excellent doctor. She is my primary care physician and has great bed side manner! She has been very helpful and warm hearted to me and my family.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Dr. Crane is not only brilliant but she has an excellent bedside manner and is always punctual.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

My wife and I recently switched to Dr. Crane and she has been very helpful and willing to work with you based on any questions or concerns. Very professional, and we both have found that she will even work to bill the way you wish. We both recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

My husband and I have both been seeing Dr Crane since we moved here in 2000. We have always felt very comfortable with her and she has always had the best bedside manner. SHe is friendly and professional and I have and will continue to recommend her to anyone. I also want to point out that we have never had to wait more then 10 mins to see her.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2009

Dr. Crane should find another profession. Her bedside manner is nonexistent.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2008

Dr. Lydia O. Crane's Credentials

• Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med, Gainesville Fl 32610 (Grad. 1996)