Ratings for Dr. Cara L. Jakob

Dr. Jakob is an amazing listener. She is knowledgable, and will take time with you. She is also good with a nervous patient, such as myself. The staff there has always been wonderful and compassionate.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2014

I was a patient of Dr Jakob until very recently. I will say she takes time with her patients (sometimes as much as an hour or more). My big problem is she is very fast to diagnose, often incorrectly. She put my wife on a Gluten-free diet for no reason (turned out she had an infection) and she put me on a diabetic med that it turns out causes an increased risk in heart attack and is considered an 'old school' approach used by Drs who are not up on the new treatments. Lastly, Dr Jakob is OBSESSED with antidepressants. At one point she put everyone in my family on them. Am I depressed? NO. She put me on them because they 'helped with sleep' because I failed a sleep study (my O2 levels fall to unsafe ranges). Overall she is nice, spends time with you, but her ideas and methods seem outdated and she seems to have a 'one size fits all' mentality towards treatments. She also tries to sell vitamins and skincare products in her office which I find to be a conflict of interest.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

I love dr. Jakob!! She is a very compassionate and understanding doctor. I went to see her and she was able to figure out I had anxiety and fixed it. I have never had such a positive experience with a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO THAT PLACE!!!!!! WOULD RATHER GO O MY DOGS VET!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

All she wants is more money. Go in for sinus infection, she wants you to take all kinds of test for bone scan, talks about skin products. Would never recommend.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

We have had Dr. Jakob for 4-5 years now. She has seen our family through cancer, weight-loss and various other illnesses. She has been wonderful, personal and very informative. I have always felt that she has had my family's best interest at heart. She is a great doctor and I have recommended her to many that have the same opinion. Thank you Dr. Jakob.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2011

I love Dr Jakob and her staff, they are awesome! They are all very caring, and very sweet to deal with. Dr Jakobs is the the Dr for you if you want one who cares, and takes time to listen.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

Takes time with patient! Geniunely cares about your well being.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Dr. Cara L. Jakob's Credentials

• Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19102 (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Clermont, FL