Ratings for Dr. Drew J. Edwards

I've been a patient of Dr. Edwards for about 7 years. I am a healthy individual(57yo) who has had to see Dr. Edwards on a few occasions for minor issues. I don't have any complaint with him but his office staff leave a lot to be desired. They can be a little "snippy" and incompetent. I have been taking a medication(controlled)for about 8 years, low dose, almost non-therapeutic, but it has been working for me. A God send actually for anxiety. Anyway I called the pharmacy to get a refill, like I've done a thousand times and the recording said my prescription would be submitted for refill. When I picked it up and got it home I realized it was the wrong dose and different orders!(?) I hadn't seen him or talked to him about changing the dose but some how it was higher. I paid cash for this prescription. I called his office and reported the mistake and they told me to bring the pills right up to them. I did and was told a correct script was called in. I ask if they were going to reimburse me for what I spent on the medication and they looked at me as if I was an alien! So not only did I have to pay for those pills(which they kept)I would have to pay for the correct script that was just ordered. I left there angry. I called the next morning an asked to talk to Dr.Edwards and Judy said she would tell him and she told me he makes all his calls at the end of the day. Well, needless to say he never called. So they call in the wrong refill , ask for the pills and I have to pay for their mistake!! Time for a new doctor. Thats stealing. I paid for those pills , that was my property and they confiscated it. I could have give n them to my wife because she takes that dose. Stay away from this office.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Thank you Dr. Edwards for for taking the time to listen to my health problems and concerns. He is very careful about what medications are appropriate and his his staff is always friendly expect for one person sometimes at the window, but every office has to have one lady that hates her life. Very clean and professional and the nurses are great. Everyone has bad reviews every once in a while, and some patients will always take advantage of the system, but I'm greatful that he took me at as a patient without insurance and gave me discount because of that

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

To make an appt you have to leave a message but they usually can get you in the same day. Once there you can wait at the office window for a half hour before being noticed,Once they notice you and they've made sure you dont owe them anything you sit for an average of 20 minutes based on my last 3 visits, then they call you in and weight you and take bp and pulse and ask what the problem is then another wait of 10 - 15 minutes and the doctor sees you .Once seen it is mostly all explaining what is wrong or what could be wrong on one of my visits I had extreme back and leg pain and my reflexes werent even checked it was just all advisement and sent me to another doctor (my choice).I had prescriptions that were totally forgotten and had to call back to remind them or check their system .

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

It's possible that Dr. Edawrds is a good doctor. However, after an hour wait I left the offfice.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

This doc is only interested in working a 9:00-4:00 shift and getting home in time. Doesn't care at all about patients and neither does his staff. I finally found a great doctor, and only wish I'd done it sooner.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

my brother steve tells me he gets 90 oxycotins a month and he is not hurt at all. has 1 year old child, hasnt worked, more than 6 months, in last 5 years. an addict to the core. thanks doc. for making sure my little bro is being taken care of.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Staff was horrible. My girlfriend had ovarian cysts and was in horrible pain, couldn't move. So we went to see them. The receptionists yelled at her repetitively because we had no insurance and needed to pay cash. They threatened me that they would sue me to the full extent possible if my check didn't clear. What a horrible embarrassing experience don't go to these lowlifes it's very obvious the money is the only reason they are there and they make it clear. We have never been treated this awful before and will never go back to them again. I had been going to Dr. Edwards for close to 5 years before this happened. Oh, and Dr Edwards claimed there was nothing wrong with her. The cysts burst 2 days later and she was in the ER for a week

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

Dr. Edwards lacks knowledge and interest in the elderly. I am not impressed with his diagnostic skills or lack thereof. Didn't do enough to get to the bottom of signs and symptoms that pointed to a later diagnosis of Multiple Myeloma.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

I have to say the staff is rude and Dr Edwards doesn't seem very knowledgeable in my opinion. I have a new doctor now and very happy.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

the staff was incredibly rude and judgmental i did not feel comfortable in that office with the assistants, the staff barked orders at me and i'm only 19 they should not treat someone like that but the doctor was very nice and helpful compared to the staff.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2009

Dr. Drew J. Edwards's Credentials

• Oral Roberts Univ Sch Of Med, Tulsa Ok 74137 (Grad. 1990)