Ratings for Dr. Mark Lin

I've been having some problems with an implant done by another dentist many years ago. Dr. Lin was able to fix the problem quickly and painlessly. Most important to me was that he was honest and didn't recommend starting treatment again which will be more money and treatment required. Other dentists might jump in with more treatment and expenses for me. Dr. Lin is a true professional and his only concern is the well being of his patients. Honesty, integrity, skill, compassion and overall nice man. Isn't this what you want for your own dentist or specialist? I'm so happy that my dentist has referred me to Dr. Lin dental specialist. My old implant tooth is feeling great because all of his great clinical work. Bravo to Dr. Lin and his team

flag | Submitted August 25, 2019

I was referred to Dr. Lin approximately 7 years ago after having a horrific experience with orthodontic treatment at an orthodontic office in Vaughan, which left me with debilitating TMJ issues. Since then, Dr. Lin has helped me get back to comfort. He referred me to another orthodontic and between Dr. Lin and the new orthodontic they have been working together to resolve my issues. Every visit with Dr. Lin, he has been extremely professional. Dr. Lin is extremely knowledgeable in his profession and his bed side manner is exceptional. Dr. Lin always takes the time to listen to me very thoroughly at every visit. Some Doctors are in the profession for the wrong reason. Dr. Lin is in the profession because he truly cares about his patience. Having compassion in this profession is very important. Dr. Lin is compassionate, professional and knowledgeable. The entire staff at 88 Finch dental makes you feel comfortable and Welcome. After my bad experiences at other dentist offices, I will only go to Dr. Lin from now on. I have also moved my entire family to Dr. Lin's office. Honestly...he is the cream of the crop! I am referring all my family & friends to go to him. I'm about 70% done my treatment and I'm confident that not only will he bring me back to complete comfort but my teeth will look phenomenal. The office has recently been renovated and it looks fantastic! Dr. Lin and his staff are extremely meticulous about cleanliness and everything being sterile. If you're looking for a Dentist, Prosthodontics Specialist, I would recommend 88 Finch Centre 100%. Rest assured...you're in great hands!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2019

I initially had an anterior implant done by another doctor and was very unhappy with it, the colour match and shape was not to my liking. Along with it noticeably being an implant due to the dark grey colour, I was getting frequent gum infections due to bone loss at the front of the implant and a painful bubble would develop there every few months. I would have to take antibiotics , which I didn’t like taking so frequently. After trying to fix this issue and hitting a dead end, I was strongly recommended by my family dentist to go to Dr. Lin as he specialized in anterior implants and was given a glowing review to be one of the best Prosthodontists Canada has. I am so glad that I took a leap of faith because to be honest, at that point I felt extremely fed up with seeing dentists/doctors. During the entire process I felt like I could place my trust in Dr. Lin and his team. From the very first meeting he was straight forward, genuine and honest and always took time to explain things clearly and answer my questions in depth (and I had a lot of questions). After coming in for a few appointments, I just stopped asking questions because I knew Dr. Lin would always make the best call. At the beginning we had an appointment just so he could explained to me in depth about the options that I had, as he knew I had been through the entire process from beginning to end already and spent a lot of time, money, and went through the painful process of having an extraction, an implant and even gum grafting by other dentists. Even with all that, and given that the most successful procedure would involve the longest healing time and pain, I still decided on the best option for my health which happened to be the longest/most painful process. I ended up having the entire implant removed, having a bone graft to restore bone to the area where I was experiencing infections due to bone loss, wearing a flipper for several months and then finally having a crown made and a master ceramicist match the colour of the implant to my natural teeth. It was a risky time to be choosing to do this (end of October 2018) as my wedding was 7.5 - 8 months away but I was determined to do this properly and was anxious to deal with this implant. Dr. Lin did give full disclosure of the run down and possible scenarios and before that recommended that I waited until after the wedding just in case. I was definitely over confident that due to my age, I would heal rather quickly. Dr. Lin was also confident that because I am young and if I follow the aftercare to the T , it was a high chance of it working out. It is now 8 months later and we are in June 2019. It is 1 week away from my wedding and things have wrapped up beautifully, and the entire process has been complete. I am so happy with my new smile and I couldn’t thank Dr. Lin and his staff enough. I could write pages about Dr. Lin’s skill and talent as a prosthodontist but his work and very popular implant courses really speak volumes. Because of Dr. Lin’s expertise, I was able to actually avoid one surgery (it was combined into one other procedure), saving me the time and most importantly - the pain of the healing process. He ended up being able to place my implant during the first surgery when doing the bone graft rather than a few months before my wedding. This definitely shaved off some months of healing and the pain of doing another surgery ! I don’t believe I would trust anyone else without his level of expertise to be making this executive decision and doing a surgery like this one, but it really worked out well. Before this review becomes a 30 page essay, I would just like to thank Dr. Lin and his staff. I’ve seen them so much this last 8 months and they’ve become like a family to me. I’ve always been treated well and greeted with a smile when I come into the office. Knowing what I know now about this entire process, I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to recommend Dr. Lin and his staff to anyone I know that is in need of prosthodontics services. They’ll definitely go above and behind to take care of you!! Thank you again from a very happy bride to be ! :)

flag | Submitted June 5, 2019

I had pain around my implant that was done by a different dentist. I went to Dr. Lin and he immediately asked me to make another appointment to remove and restore a new implant because the old one had bone loss. He was very patient and explained what has happened and showed me the x-ray. On the surgery day, I was very comfortable and he was really quick. I would recommend him to anyone! Best dentist I have gone to.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2019

I had a tooth extracted and and implant placed, I was very nervous about the the whole procedure. Dr Lin took very good care of me. My tooth was infected so Dr Lin had to give me a lot of anesthesia. His patience and skills are excellent. He was able to extract my tooth and place my implant with expertise. My post operative recovery was excellent having no pain or discomfort. Dr Mark Lin is very compassionate and his knowledge exceptional. He is the best dentist I have every been to. Friendly staff very kind and warm. Dr Mark Lin's office provides the most advanced technology for the different procedures he performs. I highly recommend Dr Mark Lins' office . Excectional !

flag | Submitted November 24, 2018

Dr Lin has done extractions, oral surgery, implants, taking impressions, and many other follow up appointments with me over the years. All I can say is he is without a doubt THE BEST! Since Dr. Mark Lin began taking care of me, I actually look forward to my visits to his practice. His office reflects his concern for patient comfort. And the receptionist’s Make the "checking-in and checking-out" process quick and easy. The other dentists and hygienist’s in his office are top-shelf, both in procedural technique and ability to put me and my children at ease right away. Dr Lin exemplifies the very best qualities: extensive medical knowledge and expertise, flawless technique, a warm and friendly bedside manner, and commitment to maintaining a successful relationship with his patients. I'm grateful to everyone at Dr Mark Lin’s office for taking such good care of me and my family. I highly recommend Dr Lin. 6 out of 5 stars! :)

flag | Submitted August 13, 2018

Having lost almost all my teeth, I never thought I would be able to eat proper food again. Thanks to the tremendous treatment by Dr. Mark Lin and his team, I now have a complete set of upper and lower implants and prosthesis. From the very first meeting with Dr. Lin, he answered all my questions and made me feel completely comfortable every step of the way. His clinic is top-notch and has state-of-the-art equipment needed for such a procedure. Dr. Lin is an experienced professional and I could not be happier with the results. I can now smile without embarrassment and am able to enjoy the foods I love again! I highly recommend him to anyone needing implants or dental work. You will not regret it!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

I have read some of the past ratings from the previous postings. I couldn't agree more that Dr. Lin and his team are very professional, compassionate and understanding of the patients' needs. The dental treatment was the best I've ever experienced and I've seen numerous dentists in my life thus far. No pain during any stage of treatment, predictable results and I can chew again. I can eat all kinds of food I desire, smile and speak with confidence with my new implanted teeth. What a miracle as they feel almost like my natural teeth. I highly recommend Dr. Lin and his professional team to anybody interested in the best dentistry in town. It's no wonder that Dr. Lin get invitations to present his work and teach other dentists at the University and around the world.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

I cannot express the depth of my gratitude for Dr. Lin and his entire team. I was referred to Dr. Lin when a nutritional deficit led to tooth breakage to the point at which none could be saved. (Note: I have always been terrified of dentists) From the moment I walked into Dr Lin's office I was greeted with kindness and compassion. I never once felt judged. Quite the opposite was true. From the front reception staff, the lab staff, dental assistants students and of course Dr. Lin I was treated with the utmost kindness and professionalism. Having been stared at and called homeless due to my broken teeth their reassurances were a welcome reprieve. This understanding team set me at ease with clear step by step explanations of the planned procedure, what they were doing as it was happening and what to expect in the end. I received my new "screwed in denture in a day" in a caring and professional environment. Dr Lin s knowledge and professionalism is second to none. It is clear he expects nothing but the best from both himself and his staff. I watched him mentor his staff and students of advanced dental procedures, challenging them to strive for excellence. Their professionalism and expertise was evident from start to finish. Dr Lin earned my utmost respect and appreciation and I would highly recommend him to anyone needing any dental procedure from the very minor to the cutting edge procedures. I am now the proud owner of a new set of teeth! I can't stop smiling now. A far cry from having to tell my son i couldn't smile in the picture and us ending up posing with our hands on our chins (mouths closed). Can't wait to take that photo with a big smile now! Dr Lin didn't just give me teeth again.... He gave me back my confidence and dignity. This is a gift i will never be able to return. I hope my unending gratitude is a small return for the gift you have given me Dr Lin.... Thank-you 1000x over to the entire team! If you believe in Karma you all have a lot of great things to look forward to in your lives!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr. Mark Lin for over 25 years, and I'm truly pleased to comment on the exceptional level of care and service I have received over the years. I've seen Dr. Lin grow from a new Dentist, fresh out of Dental school. To an established professional who has become a knowledgeable and well-respected expert in his field. Additionally, I've had the pleasure of interacting with his diverse staff who are also professional individuals in their area of expertise. Moreover, I can truly say that my long-standing relationship at Dr. Mark Lin's office comes as a result of being treated with genuine respect and great care with each visit. Recently, I made a decision that cost me a tremendous amount of pain and emotional distress. For the last 11 years, I've been traveling approximately 45 minutes to an hour to meet my appointments at Dr. Lin's office. During the Summer to Fall months, the trip is doable as I do not have to worry about inclement winter weather. So to avoid any further winter hardships, I decided to relocate to a Dental office closer to home. Once relocated, I did my routine checkups and cleaning and was beginning to enjoy the fact that I only had to drive 10 minutes for my dental care. After a couple of months of my new experience, I started to have a sharp and intense pain in my mouth. When I went to the new office, the Dentist told me my wisdom tooth needed to be extracted immediately. With the pain being unbearable I booked an immediate appointment to remove it. On the day of the appointment, I arrived happy to know I was just a few minutes away from being pain-free. But, after sitting in the dentist chair for about 45 minutes, being in pain and under frequent anesthetic. I was told the tooth was deeply embedded in my mouth, and it was difficult to pull it from the root, but it's finally out. I was given pain medication to treat an infection I had developed. Two days later in the middle of the night, the pain returned with a vengeance that I thought I was going to lose my mind. The following morning, I contacted the Dentist and explained the concern; he had me come into the office immediately. Only to tell me he couldn't do anything for me as it is just a part of the healing process. I reluctantly waited another 2 days while on excessive pain-killers. I called the office again, but this time he refused to return my calls. Finally, after a long back and forth, I humbled myself and called Dr. Lin's office and explained my situation, I was immediately booked an emergency appointment to see Dr. Lin. When I arrived at the office, Dr. Lin examined my mouth only to find the tooth was not extracted but, only had a small piece broken off; much to my surprise. After sitting in Dr. Lin's chair, he pulled my wisdom tooth out in 5 minutes without stress or pain, but only with a local anesthetic to freeze the area. As a professional, I'm not one to maliciously discredit another professional, but I do believe to give credit where it should be given. Dr. Lin not only did a fantastic job of removing my tooth. But, stopped the process of an infection that was heading into a more serious problem.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017