Ratings for Dr. Ken Skeith

Thank you for helping me cope with this medical issue.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

I have seen Dr skeith since 2003 in the past few years I've been extremely disappointed with his lack of concern and compassion and care. When I saw him this July he walked in the room and said " what is it your knee again " I cryed until I almost had a stroke! RETIRE Dr skeith please

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Staff- nurse was awesome but his intern was as bad as Skeith I go to the Rheumatologist regarding my second flare up of SEVERE, immobilizing joint pain and the intern spends half an hour with me, clearly baffled that my symptoms don't fit nicely into a medical category. Dr. Skeith comes in and my symptoms are summed up in a 7 second speech. Dr skeith then diagnoses me and sends me out in tears and empty handed within a matter of 3 minutes. He says I have reactive arthritis and tells me to take Advil when I get another flare up. Reactive arthritis is joint inflammation that develops as a "reaction" to an infection. It was brought on by my daughter birth. shes not an infection. Reactive arthritis symptoms... -redness -swelling -pain and warmth -effects large joints of LOWER limbs -UTIs -conjunctivitis (GOT MY EYES CHECKED 2 weeks ago to cover all my bases) -fever -weight loss (opposite of course) -heel pain I DO NOT have ANY (not one) of these symptoms! I am so angry that he brushed me off. I'm 30 & shouldn't have days where I can't pick up my baby. Oh and there's a genetic marker for reactive arthritis that he DID not even look into. He wasted my time. I'm so frustrated with ppl who clearly work in professions that they aren't passionate about. RANT NOT OVER but I have noodles cooking for my kids because being a mother is full time, even if I have days where I can't get out of bed.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Quite disappointing to go through all the questions and exam with a resident, who gives her opinion about a condition and then he quickly dismisses her and says she's wrong and it's nothing. Right in front of me. Just wear and tear he says and chronic inflammation from genetics , however I am still young and deal with pain and fatigue daily. He basically just dismissed me and did not take my issues seriously.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Went to him for years desperately needing help with pain and chronic fatigue. I couldn't take narcs as it causes secondary adrenal insufficiency. I tried so many meds, nothing helped, horrible side effects. So we ran out of treatment options. He basically said chronic fatigue and Fibromyalgia is just your life now, nothing to cure it. So Ive learned I have to pace myself and rest a lot.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Been seeing Dr Skeith for 3 years now. Always pleasant, easy to talk to and always willing to answer my questions. Asks how your doing and goes from there. I like him. We could do slot worse. He's only human people,

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Not up to date on AS. Made poor comment about another Dr. Saw resident -he made same mistake 3 times in a row, I gave up thinking the appointment would result in help after that-if the Dr/resident doesn't want to listen to a patient's response, why am I there? Didn't find appointment any help at all-never went back again.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I am an enigma. I've been diagnosed with RA 12 years AFTERWARD I had a liver transplant. I'm immunosuppressed to stop rejection of my organ, now I'm dealing with RA??!! Dr. Skeith has been wonderful to me. Put me on the BEST medication I can take due to my organ transplant, and is constantly monitoring me. I found him to be kind, interested in what I had to say, explained what I have, and told me what he and I can do to make my life less painful!! I find his Allin Clinic staff to be awesome, not so much at the Grandview Medical Clinic.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

I'm just going to give my 2 cents This doctor wants you to be willing to follow his advice to the letter and take action immediately regarding your own health I had to Lose weight and prove that I was willing to beat this illness Anyhow This doctor fully supports my recovery from my illness that has been plaguing me for the past few years My advice to anyone who reads this Come prepared Show him what life changes and how committed you are to the process For me Exercise .... keep moving ! Medication Pain dairy Photos of inflammation Be accountable to a very strict diet Come prepared to show you are doing your part and this specialist will be willing to meet you more then half way Shout out to his support staff Lovely Friendly Empathic

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

This dr kept changing my diagnosis, was very unhelpful, did not clearly or fully answer some of my questions without being pushed. My MD did a better job of helping me to get symptoms investigated further. Horrible bedside manner. I got a referral to a different rheumatologist, am much happier with the new dr. I will say that his receptionist was very pleasant and helpful, and appointments were reasonably on time.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017