Ratings for Dr. Ruth MacSween

First and foremost I have never read a bunch of more uneducated, vitral in quite a while and I'll break it down point-by-point I've been a client at this office for many years never had any issues given, sometimes your appointment gets cancelled on the doctors part but we all have personal issues and unfortunately the secretary is always the one clients vent on. Ive seen clients show up late. Show up on the wrong date or show with no appointment at all and trying to get "squeezed in ". Those who keep putting reviews on here with absolutely no knowledge about what nonsense and comparisons they use. Having worked in the federal prison system system thus far for 17 years, a comparison in treatment to offenders in the prion setting is Ludacris when you don't have prior knowledge so don't share comments about information you don't have. One secretary at the front desk in a small waiting room with many people that stare down at you within close proximity. She ends having to look up at the clients which clearly looks like it would become uncomfortable every day 5 days a week so keep that in mind that it may not be comfortable for the secretary as well. Seems like from my experience potentially unsafe environment given the reactions of some clients up glaring over top of her so I'm not sure what a attire you're talking about but I have never seen the secretary dress inappropriate or unprofessional. So if you don't like what you're seeing stop being a pervert and staring down at her or down her top. Respect the fact that she's talking to clients on the phone about personal information in which you have no business hearing so stay back at arms length until the person's off the phone. Most clinics or doctors office will have more than one secretary so clearly if there's only one person and a waiting room that can hold 12 people be patient as you are not the only client but of course most of us in life are self-centered and only are concerned about our problems but not the concerns of others. The reality is we aren't always going to be happy with the service we get and things come up and there are disruptions in our lives. That's life we all go through it and unfortunately this is one specialty only has one doctor for hundreds of patients that is not her fault that it's something we should be viewing about in the system of specialty overall and a lack of thereof. So one last point very brave of leaving Anonymous comments, very vague information demonstrates that these are probably clients who are probably the ones that cancelled appointments or just nasty to deal with. If you aren't happy as a client then seek assistance else were, there other dermatologist in Kingston or outside of the Kingston.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

It's so funny...I thought all the stories about the receptionist must have been blown out of proportion but wow...I was wrong. She was so rude to the elderly people in front of me! And just generally unhelpful toward me as well. She absolutely should not be in a role where she's dealing with the public. I found he Dr to be fine though.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Pretty good doctor with a terrible receptionist. So rude, doesn't follow doctors instructions for appointment bookings, makes the whole experience miserable. Have literally never seen the receptionist with anything close to a friendly expression.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Dr McSween has always been kind and courteous along with her nurses....that receptionist on the other hand??? She truly needs to ditch that snot and get someone with a personality. I have never seen the witch smile, her attire is horrible and her attitude is totally unacceptable in that line of work. If you don't like your job sweetheart just move on. Maybe in a federal prison where you can treat patients like dirt and get away with it....or maybe not!!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Dr. MacSween R. spent an average of 4 to 5 minutes per biannual appointment I have had for the last six years. She does not bother explaining to the patient the side effects of medication prescribed by herself nor does she bother asking to the patient whether she can proceed with a biopsy nor does she mind that the findings of the biopsy be communicated over the phone by her secretary.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

She was professional, confident and competent and I appreciated her sense of humour.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Dr. MacSween diagnosed and treated me for three skin conditions, all of which were incorrectly diagnosed by other physicians AND dermatologists, both within and beyond the province of Ontario. Furthermore, wait times are bad for ALL specialists in Canada. This should not be a factor in rating a Canadian doctor (blame the government; not the Dr). I would wait for a long time for Dr. MacSween's opinions on my skin problems; all of my skin disorders were disfiguring (i.e., at the FACE level) and she immediately was able to identify and/or treat them. I am thankful she is "the only dermatologist in town." She fixed me.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

I'll start with the positive - Dr MacSween was fairly punctual and her staff (nurse and secretary) were both quite kind & helpful. The negative - in terms of knowledge and helpfulness, I have truly never had such an awful experience in my life. Understandably she is a busy woman, but this was beyond - she took one look at me, gave the most minimal assessment possible and gave me her diagnosis -brushing off my questions and speaking in such a condescending manner that I was at a loss for words (Perhaps that was her intention). I left feeling extremely defeated and upset, but still thanked her & was willing to give her treatment a try, as she is the only derm available. The treatment didn't help in the least, it made things worse for me and now I have permenant scarring. Needless to say I sought card from a derm outside the city (whom was able to properly diagnose me and actually had compassion). Do NOT believe you are stuck with Dr.MacSween, there are MANY derms outside the city, and trust me, it is VERY worth it!!! Dr.MacSween would probably prefer you seek care elsewhere as she clearly is not interested in helping the majority of her patients.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

always professional and courteous, I have seen her over the last 6 years for treatment of basal cell cancer on my face. I alway feel confident that she will give me a diagnosis quickly and schedule follow-up as soon as she has an appointment available. She will also refer you on if she feels a specialist, for example, plastic surgeon is needed for the procedure.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

i recently got referred to DR. Macsween threw my doctors office. It took 2 weeks to get an appointment for a biopsy on a mole and then i waited a week for my results. She then booked me in for 3 weeks later to get my skin fully removed. I would not say wait times are long as this was a very swift and fast acting for me. She is a sweet heart to, doesn't have a bad attitude, she is a very well put together doctor. She is not rushed, her and i had an appointment and it was ten minutes behind time but she was with a older man who needed the extra time and care and he was very happy she spent the time to care about him. You don't know who she is working with or what she is doing so don't complain. I will recommend everyone to her as i had a GREAT experience and will go to see her for all my problems.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015