Ratings for Dr. Suzanne Montemuro

Dr. Montemuro listens carefully, asks questions to make sure she has a thorough understanding of the problem, and is resourceful in finding solutions to complex medical issues. Over the many years I have seen her, I have found her to be extremely knowledgable, thorough, very caring and compassionate. Thank you Dr. Montemuro! (Punctuality can't really be rated since she works at a walk-in clinic… but how lucky we are to have her here!)

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Insensitive and unkind without knowing it. Had her as a doctor in West Vancouver many years ago so shocked to find her here in Victoria. She stands out as a cold person, dismissive and lacking empathy.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

Dr. Montemuro is fantastic. She is professional, thorough, and really listened to me. Some might find her manner a bit brisk but that clinic is very busy so I think it's warranted. Brisk, but not at all dismissive or careless. It's clear she is busy but she never rushed me out, and she always answers any questions I have.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

She is an amazing doctor and I wish my daughter and I could have her as our regular doctor. But she only takes drop-in clients unfortunately. She is able diagnose things that others have missed and she explained how ear infections are caused to me which has helped me understand and prevent them in my young child. So nice and so knowledgable. Love her!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

Dr. Montemuro was not only very rushed but also condescending. She was unclear with her directions and just walked out of the room as quickly as she could saying "I'm off now, I'm so glad to get out of here". Doesn't really make one want to go back.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

I have seen her twice and found the experience very rushed, unthorough and unhelpful. I gave her the benefit of the doubt after the first time but after my second experience I was disappointed again. The first thing she said to me was "are you going to be quick?" so I already felt like I was an inconvenience. I left feeling completely unsatisfied. Sher might be a knowledgeable doctor but she has absolutely no time.... which shows.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Hot and cold. Sometimes dr. M is fantastic....compassionate, direct and through...and other times (seems to relate to how busy the clinic is that day)....abrupt, vague and less then helpful...I wish they had two doctors and she would be less rushed!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2011

Dr. Montemuro was our family doctor from 1980 until she moved to Victoria. She delivered our 4 children and saw us through many minor and some serious health concerns. She was always kind and honest. She wasted no time quessing and sent us to specialists when necessary. I found her very compassionate as she passed through life stages about 6 months ahead of me! She was very helpful at a time when menopause was starting to be a concern for many women. We missed her when she left but she left her practice to another amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

OK. To be fair, I will submit another rating for Dr. Montemuro as I went back to see her for a follow up and had a much better experience. She is a very direct, to the point woman which is probably what I felt came across as her being abrupt and insensitive during my first visit. But this time, she had more time, was less stressed and I had a good, honest and open conversation with her about my health concern. So while I can't say she is the best doctor I've ever been to, I have to say that first impressions are not always right.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011