Ratings for Dr. Patrick R. Herrick

awesome doctor.... he has been our family doctor ever since i can remember

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

Our entire family goes to Dr. Herrick for our PCP (myself, husband, and two children). I could write a book on how much Dr. Herrick has meant to our family. He is incredibly smart, and very careful and vigilant in his care. He does not take risks, and that is what I like about him. We have had two children with him, both of which were at risk of miscarriage due to low progesterone, but all went smoothly under Dr. Herrick's care. When we lost our 3rd and 4th children to miscarriage, he was caring and gentle with us, acknowledging the life of our children and the loss. He tested for many things until we got to the bottom of why we were losing babies, and we are currently pregnant with our 5th child, and it looks good so far, I believe do to his care and recommendations. He has many times called me after hours, and always calls personally if there is any concern or bad news. He has always listened to my concerns and never seems to prideful to consider other options or ideas. I really feel that we work together in my care and the care of my two children. He is more reserved, and I think thinks in his head a lot. Sometimes he is running a decent amount behind, but I also know that he always takes patients if they truly need to see him that day, so I don't mind the wait for the care I receive. I would always recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr. Herrick has been an amazing Doctor for my wife and two children. He is extremely responsive to concerns and if he doesn't know the answer to an obscure question he admits it and then changes the fact. We had minor concerns about one of our children and he contacted on a Saturday evening after completing his research on the topic. He was not on-call, he was not required to do so, and all the news was good news. Dr. Herrick has been mildly late on a couple of occassions but at least a couple of those times we know he was in the hospital delivering babies of our friends when our appointment was scheduled and we appreciate that he puts urgent issues such as child birth ahead of keeping his clinic running perfectly. Dr. Herrick has a great, but subtle, sense of humor and to all those that don't understand his humor and feel he is being stiff or rude, I hope you learn to enjoy life more. I would recommend Dr. Herrick to anyone I know!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

3 People! Myself, wife and my mother refuse to go to Dr Patrick Herrick because of his horrible bedside manner. Terribly jaded and judgmental. He blows through as many appointments as he can. Rarely does he take the time to listen to what you're saying. He just talks and types on his laptop during your visit and might occasionally look up at you. He doesn't really care or act like he does. Just wants you out of there as fast as he can. If you're going to use this clinic just use a different doctor within it.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

Dr Herrick did not take my symptoms seriously. He ran some bloodwork but I had to call to get the results - I was not called by him or anyone else in the office. Even though my immune system is compomised and I had an elevated white count he did not want to prescribe an antibiotic for me, but merely a sleeping pill calling what I had chronic fatigue. After seeing another doctor in a different office I found that not only did I have an infection (treated successfully with antibiotics), but also a vitamin D level that was in the low 8s - something Dr. Herrick did not even test for.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Dr. Herrick has been my family doctor for 2 yrs and I chose him as he comes highly recommended. I am searching for a new doctor. He is never on time, when he finally gets to you it is rush, rush, rush. He seems to be way overbooked. He has not taken the time to know me or my four children. My experience is he is quick to prescribe medication and does not like being asked questions concerning your care. I think he is a good man and a decent doctor. Dr. Herrick and I just don't click.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

I think he can be a little pushy as if he is rushing to get out of the room. Overall, he seemed to be very knowledgeable, but being a physician involves more than just prescribing medication. Part of the treatment, i strongly believe, is the relationship to the patient and ability to relate. In my humble opinion, he lacked that.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

Dr. Herrick is fantastic. I switched over to him because I had a bad experience with my previous doctor and had also moved across town. Making this switch was the best choice I ever made. My previous doctor was not concerned at all after I miscarried my first pregnancy. She didn't want to look at my blood or run any tests or anything. After a few months it was time to try to get pregnant again. Dr. Herrick ordered up a ton of blood work to see if there were any problems. Soon after I was pregnant again and thanks to his vigilance I was diagnosed with low progesterone, put on meds and am currently in my third trimester. I will never see another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2010

I've been going to Dr. Herrick for almost 14 years now. He has always been a wonderful doctor and he really listens to his patients. He doesn't just assume that you're in for one thing, prescribe medication and send you on your way; he takes time to ask you questions to ensure that he's treating you for the appropriate thing. For awhile, he did tend to get backed up on appointments. There were times when I waited for over an hour before I saw him! However, that has all changed. He's much more punctual and he still delivers the service he always has. He has always taken care of my problems right away and I never need to return because the medication he prescribed didn't work. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

He has delivered all 4 of our kids, plus another on the way. Very cautious, offering options of induction, stripping membranes in-office, sonograms, etc., but doesn't balk when told no or act like you are a crazy hippie! A great NFP doctor who prays for his patients!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2009

Dr. Patrick R. Herrick's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Workers Comp