Ratings for Dr. Ronald L. Buckman

Does not seemigly care about the well being of his patients especially those w/ insurance he does nor like such as state ins. It get you in and out asap. Gives you something that does not help the issue at hand, and says that's it if you have any help or questions give a call, but never gets back to.the best thing was dr deb and dan huber they genuinley care,but since there departure its more like a jiffy lube. Oh and he my mother ended up in er in bad shape cause he mis diagnosed didn't listen to patient what issues she was having, he told her to take meds he wrote which had nothing to do with what was wrong. So she has since left that practice for the lack of concern of patience well being. He didn't even apologize he made excuses that her must have come in tthe day she walked out of his office. If you want a dr who cares don't go there, they all left his practice. Be well all and godspeed.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

awesome doc and staff. came in to see me on his off day in a snowstorm saving me time and $$$ instead of the emergency room. always there to help.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

awesome doc, great at listening and making a thoughtful derermination of what the problem may be and how to approach it without just ordering lots of tests. I would reccomend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

I, and my family, have been seeing this doctor and coming to this practice for over 20 years. The staff is good at getting me in to the room when my appointment is scheduled for and the doctor is in shortly after as long as thee have been no emegencies. Even when a litle behind he gives me the time I need. The Dr. is a great listener, and is able to sort out the problem and give helpful advice. My whole family thinks the world of him. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Have been seeing Dr. Buckman for years. Very knowledgable, good manner. Recently caught a condition I didn't know I had; could have been serious. He was able to pinpoint the cause and resolve the condition quickly. Strongly recommend.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007

Don't like this doctor for the following reasons: a.) did not admit my husband for severe pneumonia (I'm a nurse and Buckman knows it) and decided that treating my husband with 3 different antibiotics by mouth, because each of them was not clearing the pneumonia, after repeat chest xrays, rather than admitting him was more cost-effective. Truth is Buckman was capitated for my insurance plan and didn't want to be dinged by Cigna. My husband was laid up in bed for 2 weeks - he couldn't even walk from the kitchen to bathroom without getting out of breath!, b.) Buckman decided to play surgeon rather than referring my husband to a plastic surgeon and decided to extract a fatty tumor from my husband's forehead on his own! My husband's forehead was leaking clear fluid and was more than what Buckman expected! DEFINITELY NOT APPROPRIATE!!!, c.) bad bedside manner - not good with female patients; this guy is a Man's Man type of doctor.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2007

Let's just put it this way. I went in for an allergy test. I had to call them to get my results, and then they told me I was allergic to shrimp. I told them that was crazy because I practically eat shrimp everyday, but they didn't think anything of it. I went to a specialist and I found out I was allergic to dustmits and rag weed. He put me on the right prescription and my quality of life increased drastically. I don't know if Dr. Buckman's office just read the wrong result or what, but I'm not going back that's for sure.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2006

Dr. Ronald L. Buckman's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1979)

Horizon Bcbs