Ratings for Dr. Alex Pyper

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Great doctor staff are awesome ... He. Is busy but he knows his stuff

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

ruined my life..... and didnt bat an eye... posterior hip replacement sucks....why don't they do anterior!!! why cut the muscle when you don't have too.... Cocky, Rude and does not care about the patient.... how could you doing 300+ surgeries a year!!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

2 knee scopes for meniscus tears that were eventually followed by replacements a few years later due to osteoarthritis. I am in my 50s and thankful for a doctor with skill, knowledge and prompt treatment. I needed a MUA due to scarring and he performed it the day I called his office to schedule the procedure.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Dr Pyper may be a bit short on pleasantries, but he knows what he is doing. That is what matters most to me. Although I am waiting for foot surgery - he can't do anything about the two-year waiting time - he has been very forthcoming with information and injected cortisone into my foot with great skill.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

This man gave me back my life. His skill in doing my knee replacements - yes, two of them - has allowed me to walk again virtually pain free. Follow up visits are thorough. He always always has time to answer my questions and is always polite and kind if sweet. I recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

supposed to be be a great doctor, complained about my leg being longer right after hip replacement surgery he said oh don't worry its fine. NOW just went for xrays a year + later.... my whole pelvis is twisted easily over 1.5 inches higher from one side to the other...he is all confident that he does 300 hips a year but unfortunately quality is actually more important that quantity. i specifically asked before the surgery how do you make sure the legs are the same length when you do the surgery, because when i look online they always have a large measuring machine they use. he said i don't need that. TRUST ME that didn't work out for me.... do not trust this unsympathetic drone. he just pumps out the surgeries and doesn't care about the quality!! no wonder he makes it hard to get a hold of him.... hes avoiding all the callbacks :( avoid this guy like the plaige!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

I found this doctor and his staff to be rude and arrogant. Dr. Pyper did a bunion surgery that resulted in more pain & discomfort than I was originally dealing with. He did not answer my questions in a direct manner and was fairly sarcastic. I did not find him as amusing as finds himself. I sought advice from another surgeon who recommended I have the surgery redone. I don't think Dr. Pyper is a talented surgeon. My first follow up appointment was very difficult to book, his staff felt it was not necessary (regardless of the discomfort I felt even 1.5 yrs post surgery.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

Dr. Alex Pyper's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He completed my total knee replacement professionally and total follow up. He is approachable, helpful and professional. I would recommend him highly. "

November 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor staff are awesome ... He. Is busy but he knows his stuff"

November 2, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "ruined my life..... and didnt bat an eye... posterior hip replacement sucks....why don't they do anterior!!! why cut the muscle when you don't have too.... Coc..."

October 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "2 knee scopes for meniscus tears that were eventually followed by replacements a few years later due to osteoarthritis. I am in my 50s and thankful for a docto..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pyper is the most awesome orthopedic surgeon in Canada. I wouldn't go to anyone else but him."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is the best . He fixes you then it's up to you to do as he says. If you don't it's your fault"

May 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Pyper may be a bit short on pleasantries, but he knows what he is doing. That is what matters most to me. Although I am waiting for foot surgery - he can't d..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "This man gave me back my life. His skill in doing my knee replacements - yes, two of them - has allowed me to walk again virtually pain free. Follow up visits..."

September 15, 2014