Ratings for Dr. Edward Cattan

He is having a ball prescribing drugs, experimenting with various drugs on your health. Doesn't really care much, just part of an assembly line that gets drugs to patients and supports the big pharma s. Bottom of the barrel help.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Dr. Cattan should have retired ten years ago when I was treated by him. For weeks after weeks he kept changing my medication, with the result that I was hospitalized for 6 weeks. As somebody said: he feel those insurance report so it favors the Insurance Company and probably get paid big time for it. If your Insurance Company send you to see him for evaluation I would strongly ask for another specialist. I wish I had done an official complaint about his poor judgment and assessment at that time.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Dr Cattan's office is indicative of his work... old fashioned and in poor condition. The 1980's sofa chair that I was made to sit in was so uncomfortable the the 2.5 hours I spent there seemed even longer. I kept slipping out of it because is was so crooked. The first thing he did was to recommend changing all my medications, something that , judging from previous reviews, he seems to do with everyone. Be forewarned, meds will only get you so far... you still need to deal with the underlying problems. His accent was also an issue and I had to make him repeat himself in both french and english, but he also spoke so softly that I could barely hear him. I also haven't read anyone else mention the constant nose picking that he did throughout the time I was there! Was I the only one who experienced this? Talk about unprofessional. I was then given a form to rate my experience in his office. Since the point of my visit was an evaluation requested by my insurance company, I certainly had no intention of giving him a bad review which he would read before submitting his assessment!! If he or anyone says that they can make recommendations based on a 2.5 hours assessment, run away as fast as you can. There are a lot of good reputable Psychiatrists in Ottawa, and I bet most don't pick their nose!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Cattan for almost 20 years. His expertise in pharma-psychological meds is extensive and always up-to-date. He is open to discussion and listens to me. I have complete faith in him and his treatment of my mental health.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

This has to be the most qualified doctor in Psychiatry. He treated my illness for over 20 years and as I moved away I think of him and look back over years spent together. Thank you Dr. Cattan.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

He is a very caring and helpful doctor I have been seeing him for over 15 years and I wouldn't be functioning without him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr. Cattan gave my mind back. I can now function normally, in fact I often surpass the standards set for me at work. I have been ill since I was 17 years old but no longer. I started seeing him in 2003 following a horrible bout with the wrong prescriptions provided by an incompetent psychiatrist and 2 others who did not know how to diagnose my condition. I walked out of Dr, Cattan's office with a few more prescriptions than I had before but they worked in an excellent manner and the supervision continues. He has also given me advice about the other key items in our lives which provides for holistic treatment. His staff is courteous, professional and prompt. i think I am extremely fortunate to have this man supervising me and my health and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

Dr Cattan has saved my life. He is knowledgeable, attacks the problem swiftly, and is very professional. His experience and knowlege is above par. He came highly recommended by a trusted professional and I consider myself lucky to have his caring nature in my recovery.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

quack...quack....quack quack quack..... this guy is in it for the insurance companies and giving them what they want to hear. Has no integrity whatsoever. Stay away from this quack......

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Dr. Cattan came highly recommended by my Doctors. I was not disappointed and in fact feel privileged. He is an exceptional, kind, caring professional. I am in a difficult place right now, scared and vulnerable. Dr. Cattan made me feel safe and immediately took charge of my file, defining the word ACTION. He gathered all relevant information, sent me for numerous tests immediately, shared and explained information with me patiently, changed medication that was not effective, and respectfully brought me back on track when I went off on a tangent and rambled as I am clearly not thinking logically but quite emotionally right now. I think Dr. Cattan is an excellent Doctor for those who have the privilege to see him as he is very busy. I don't believe sees new patients and there is a good reason for that... Thanks to Doctor Cattan and his team.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016