Ratings for Dr. Edward Cattan

I have been a patient of Dr Cattan for almost 20 years. His expertise in pharma-psychological meds is extensive and always up-to-date. He is open to discussion and listens to me. I have complete faith in him and his treatment of my mental health.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

This has to be the most qualified doctor in Psychiatry. He treated my illness for over 20 years and as I moved away I think of him and look back over years spent together. Thank you Dr. Cattan.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

He is a very caring and helpful doctor I have been seeing him for over 15 years and I wouldn't be functioning without him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr. Cattan gave my mind back. I can now function normally, in fact I often surpass the standards set for me at work. I have been ill since I was 17 years old but no longer. I started seeing him in 2003 following a horrible bout with the wrong prescriptions provided by an incompetent psychiatrist and 2 others who did not know how to diagnose my condition. I walked out of Dr, Cattan's office with a few more prescriptions than I had before but they worked in an excellent manner and the supervision continues. He has also given me advice about the other key items in our lives which provides for holistic treatment. His staff is courteous, professional and prompt. i think I am extremely fortunate to have this man supervising me and my health and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

Dr Cattan has saved my life. He is knowledgeable, attacks the problem swiftly, and is very professional. His experience and knowlege is above par. He came highly recommended by a trusted professional and I consider myself lucky to have his caring nature in my recovery.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

quack...quack....quack quack quack..... this guy is in it for the insurance companies and giving them what they want to hear. Has no integrity whatsoever. Stay away from this quack......

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Dr. Cattan came highly recommended by my Doctors. I was not disappointed and in fact feel privileged. He is an exceptional, kind, caring professional. I am in a difficult place right now, scared and vulnerable. Dr. Cattan made me feel safe and immediately took charge of my file, defining the word ACTION. He gathered all relevant information, sent me for numerous tests immediately, shared and explained information with me patiently, changed medication that was not effective, and respectfully brought me back on track when I went off on a tangent and rambled as I am clearly not thinking logically but quite emotionally right now. I think Dr. Cattan is an excellent Doctor for those who have the privilege to see him as he is very busy. I don't believe sees new patients and there is a good reason for that... Thanks to Doctor Cattan and his team.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Dr Cattan has heavy accents in both French and English which dialogue difficult. By the number of times he made me repeat myself, I concluded that he also has difficulty understanding Canadian accents. This weakness in communication manifested itself in his misinterpretation of several key events that had affected my mental health in the last year. After spending two and a half hours in his office, Dr Cattan recommended a complete overhaul of the medication I had been taking for 10 years. The first drug he suggested in respiratory distress in the middle of the night. When I finally got over this condition, more than 12 hours later, I did some research and found that this drug is extremely hard on the lungs, the heart and other organs. Dr Cattan knew very well from our discussion that I had not done any physical activity in the last 10 years and that at age 52, I had been a smoker since the age of 14. He should have never prescribed this medication for a man in my condition. This wasn’t the only mistake he made in my medication. My doctor was impressed by his report but when I got to read it, I pointed out that 99% of its content was simply what I had told him. There was very little from him in this report. Even the section of changes in medication was sadly incomplete. There was a number of recommendation for weaning off some drugs and introducing others but nothing as to a time table. For example, before introducing drug a, do we need to wait till drug C and D are weaned off? When I got to Dr Cattan’s clinic, I was surprised to see a number of signs posted on the door and windows before you enter the lobby. The signs all mentioned the inappropriateness of screaming, violence will not be tolerated etc. Looking back on my own experience, I now understand that this man must have a fair number of unhappy costumers. I cannot recommend him in any way. Mental Health is too important and too fragile to entrust to this man.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr. C is a no BS kind of guy, some of you(myself included) perhaps need that kind of attitude. He switched my meds when I mentioned that the initial drugs were affecting me in a bad way, now I'm more stable and happy! His schedule is so full that he can't even accept new patients, perhaps those who aren't happy in his care should make room for those who need it and want it.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Dr. Cattan has demonstrated unprofessional manner in his clinical assessments, assumed a demeaning and confrontational clinical presentation which is contradictory to the oath which he would have taken to be a practising physician. He is in the pocket of insurance companies and does not even both to read clinical assessment reports from psychiatrist at the Royal Ottawa Hospital and instead battles clients who are forced to attend his assessments by their insurance companies. He should have his license removed and should be investigated for his unprofessional clinical interviews and assessments and should have his assessments videotaped so that the College can view this quack

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016