Ratings for Dr. David C. Ridsdale

We've been going to Dr Ridsdale for 15 years now. I grew up terrified of dentists - our children are fortunate that we found him and have no fear whatsoever of going. We've found him to be gentle, soft spoken and mild-mannered. He doesn't fix what doesn't need to be fixed. Our only fear is what we'll do if/when he retires - hopefully he won't!!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

I have never had a dentist like Dr. Ridsdale. He is awesome. Before receiving care from Dr. Ridsdale, I was terrified of going to the dentist - previous dentists were rough and tumble - terrible chair side manner. They were more interested in making money than patient care. Dr. Ridsdale is a true professional and the care of his patients is his #1 priority. My family and I hope he's around for a long long time!!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012

15 years ago when I was 5 years old I was a patient of Dr. Ridsdale. I needed a tooth extracted and was scared. Dr. Ridsdale had my mother leave the room and 4 hygienists/assisants come in and physically hold me to the chair. An experience that, to as recently as last night, still gives me nightmares. Even now with a completely different dentist whom I've had only good experiences with, I still find myself needing to take Ativan (an anti-anxiety medication)just to sit in the chair. I can't help but wonder if Dr. Ridsdale had taken more time to ease my fears as a child whether my fear of the dentist would be such a large problem today. In my opinion, his knowledge of dentistry may be considered acceptable, however if his methods of patient treatment haven't improved significantly Dr. Ridsdale shouldn't even be allowed to practice dentistry let alone work with children.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009

Dr. Ridsdale is very professional and his fillings are long lasting. He capped a front tooth for me 35 years ago. He was the 3rd dentist to do so in 13 years. His cap was a great colour match and is still in place. Thanks

flag | Submitted June 15, 2007

What a truly wonderful dentist, and person for that matter. I worked briefly for Dr. Ridsdale and all I have to say is wow! Very encouraging, laidback, to-the-point, couldn't ask for a better dentist. I'm sure he'll be greatly missed when he retires!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2007

I've been going to Dr Ridsdale since I was a child. I now have 3 children of my own who go to him as well. We love him! My kids arent afraid of going to the dentist because they trust him. He's very good with kids and has a great sense of humour. His hours suit my family and his staff are wonderful! Its a very friendly environment and Dr Ridsdale is very professional. He's been in practice for many years...at least 30 years? When he retires, we'll be devastated. I highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2007