Ratings for Dr. Elyse Lackie

When the secretary tells you that the dr deemed your referral not of any particular urgency and you are given an apt 8 months down the line.... I work in the medical field and there is a tactful way to speak to people.. this office doesn't have any. And no my case may not have been urgent but I still needed surgery that I had 4 months earlier then my initial consult would have been, elsewhere. But not only that ... I had forgotten to cancel my apt and when I found it in my phone two days before my consult would have been I called to cancel out of respect.. A. No one even called to remind me of the apt booked from 8 Months prior! B. I got an interrogation into why I was cancelling it! If i wouldn't have called would it have been better?

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

I had a really positive experience with Dr Lackie. She was very friendly, informative, and empathetic. She did an IUD insertion which was a very painful procedure, but she was very supportive and encouraging throughout the process. I had read the negative reviews about her prior to my appointment, but I did not experience anything negative whatsoever. She was wonderful and I'm very happy with the treatment that I received from her as well as her staff.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I would not recommend Dr. Lackie. I told her about the pain I was experiencing and made it clear about how concerned I was. She completely dismissed it and focused on the primary reason I was there. I ended up going to a different doctor for an unrelated reason, and as soon as I told her about the pain, the doctor did a simple test that took 2 minutes and gave me a diagnosis. I lived with pain that was unnecessary to have for years because Dr. Lackie had dismissed it. She was rushed and not very friendly. What concerns me the most is how she dismissed my symptom and failed to give me a diagnosis - didn't even attempt to assess. I would not be surprised if this doctor dismissed more important symptoms for other patients.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I had a terrible experience with this doctor. Suffered loss but felt treated like a dog, clinic in North York Hospital run like factory. Rushed, even by nurse , terrible bruising from routine bloodwork that took almost two weeks to heal (I have never had this before in my life). Dr Lackie prescribed medication without discussing risks. I ended up with a life-threatening complication calling 911 requiring emergency resuscitation. The ER doctor was stunned that this medication was even prescribed in the first place because it is well known that the risks are too high for my specific condition. Thankfully I survived but the whole experience was very sad. Would never recommend.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr. Lackie was my OB during my pregnancy. She made me feel comfortable, well- informed and presented test results in a client friendly manner. I loved her as my OB and I would highly recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Amazing doctor and team. I needed a d&c, the list was already full. They were amazing in accommodating me n fitting me in. Highly recommended surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Dr. Lackie was my OBGYN for both my pregnancies. Amazing! Always made me feel comfortable and never rushed the appointments, no matter how busy she was.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I had an ectopic pregnancy. Dr Lackie and her team treated me with the most care, respect and compassion I have ever experienced before. I have never seen such a amazing team of professionals with genuine care to help. All my worries, woes were brought to rest with attention to care and detail.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr. Lackie performed my D & C yesterday at North York General. She and her team were exceptional. After the surgery, Dr. Lackie provided me with an update. Compassionate, knowledgeable, and patient-focused.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

I just had a great first experience with Dr Lackie today. The receptionist was kind and I didn't have to wait long at all. I had a polyp around my cervix removed. Dr Lackie was quick, efficient, informative and extremely professional. I'm going back in November for another issue.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016