Ratings for Dr. Richard Russek

Why did you have to retire? I think that Dr. Russek is still working part time. If you manage to get an appointment with him, consider it your lucky day. I doubt that I will every find a doctor as knowledgeable, and caring and a doctor who really listens to you and considers your input. He was our family doctor for almost 25 years and we threw all kinds of weird problems at him. If he didn't know the answer, I always knew with complete confidence that he would find it. I was never disappointed. Dr. Russek was definitely one of a kind and our family misses him dearly.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr. Russek has been my family doctor for as long as I can remember. He has always been very quick to send me to the proper specialists when I've seen him for my various sports injuries. He always keeps wait times for tests in mind and seems to always be able to balance test quality and wait times. For example, he picked a CT over MRI for my back. The CT isn't quiet as good, but I got in within a week and we had a diagnosis. His office is always very busy, but if I really need to see a doctor, they have always been able to accommodation me.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

Dr. Russek was my 87 year old Mum's doctor for many, many years. She recently became ill and passed away and he was so helpful and so kind and so attentive that we simply cannot express how wonderful he was to her and to the whole family. We are all extremely grateful to Dr. Russek.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

I've had some tough times in the last couple of years, and I couldn't ask for a more attentive and thorough Doctor. This community is a better place because of Doctor Russek, and my dealings with other doctors there have been excellent as well. Mike Seaton

flag | Submitted September 26, 2010

I am so thankful to have Dr. Russek as our family doctor. We are not a typical family and have had a wide variety of problems. Doctor Russek has always addressed these problems with knowledge, understanding and patience. He listens to what we have to say and will look into our concerns. If he doesn't have the answer, he will find it. We have been dealing with doctor Russek for almost 20 years now. He has see my children grow up and my one daughter, who has moved away, drives 3 hours to see him. When she was 2, I credit him to saving her life with what appeared to me as typical ear infection symptons. Although he couldn't find anything specific, his intuition told him to look further, and sent me to the hospital, where she spent a week with an aggressive infection. Thank you Doctor Russek for your wonderful contribution to the medical profession. Your exceptional dedication and concern is greatly appreciated.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2009

Dr.Russek has been my family doctor for 18 years. I find he is not very attentive when you are describing your symptoms. Whenever I call to make an appointment to see him, the secretaries are always very rude and Dr.Russek always seems to be "away" or on "vacation". I am really considering changing my family doctor. :(

flag | Submitted August 30, 2009

I have had Dr Russek for over 25 years and he is the best. He does not hesitate to refer you to a specialist for a confirmation of his diagnosis. He does not liberally prescribe prescriptions and suggests alternative options where possible. He does not rush a visit and always spends additional time with his patients if they should need it. He is sensitive and caring and I consider myself very lucky to have him as my family physician.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008

great doctor, very patient! forgets my mothers name every time though, but wonderful otherwise.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2008

Dr.Russek has been my doctor since he started at Grandview Medical. I hope I die before he retires, otherwise I'll have a real problem finding anyone as good to take his place. I'm only 67 years old, so I hope he's planing to work for a long time yet. He is the best.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

I moved from Cambridge to Kitchener, and I still go to Dr. Russek. He has always been very patient and respectful. He is great with my son. I love it when he looks in his ears to see if there are any "bunnies". Such a lovely man!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008