Ratings for Dr. Swarna Tammana

I agree with the other patient. I Found her to be rude, not computer literate. Not giving the right diagnosis. Had to go to urgent care to be better treated and get antibiotics. Don't like her bedside manner. Would not recommend to anybody!!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Wonderful doctor, my husband was prescribed a medicine he was allergic to by another doctor. The pharmacist even missed it. She was the one who noticed it because it was in her records, she called the pharmacist and doctor. My husband was in the ER with a near deadly rare allergic reaction and she was the only one who knew what was wrong. When other doctors prescribed meds and surgery for a long term issue, she was the one who took the time to figure out and try different solutions rather than jump to meds and surgery, and it was solved without either. We had suffered with an issue for years and was told surgery was the only way to fix it, and Dr Tammana took the time to find another solution. I have recommended her many times and had people thank me for the recommendation. She has been my favorite doctor and I have seen a lot of doctors!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Even though Dr Tammana came with a poor recommendation from a neighbor, she was local so I tried her anyhow. I came to her with a myriad of health concerns and the first visit she was very thorough, but declined after that. Her office is rarely busy and its nice that I never waited, but I was not happy that she still always rushed through my appointments. Why rush when there is noone in the waiting room? She does not seem computer literate, and Everything goes in her laptop. She entered the wrong medication for me, when I pointed it out, she said I was mistaken. So my next visit I brought myprescription bottle to show her error. Rather than admit she was wrong, she said my pharmacy messed up! I took the same dose for Years! Me and the pharmacy were not wrong, She was! I also disliked how she cuts off my conversation and interrupted me. She seemed to have the attitude that Shes always right, and I was just another dumb patient... My new Dr. doesnt think so!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Dr Swarna Tammana is BEST among the rest of the doctors you can find in Silver Spring, MD area. She is very professional and at the same time very easy to go about. She listens very well and understand your problem. Very helpfull and for her - patient's intrest comes first. She does followup on a timely base and make sure you have enough medications. she is well educated and smart. I was her patient for the past 3 years and almost cried when she moved on from her medial practice at Montgomery Family Medicine to other office. I am determined to find her and will be her patient forever. I have no choice as she is the BEST. I wish all other doctors atleast try to be like her!!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

With the Carefirst Ins. you don't get much to choose from in their list os physicians, but they struck gold with Dr. T. Dr. Tamanna is sincere, while providing excellent care, (for my entire family). I greatly appreciate how she handled a very difficult situaiton involving my husbands health. She is knowledgible and thorough. Her follow-up is consistant and genuine. Even her spiritual support is beyond explanation. I highly recommend Dr. T. for partnership in healthcare.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2007

She is very sincere and helpful and listens well. I really appreciate how she has always followed up with a phone call to verify the treatment had worked. She was able to prescribe the correct medicine and clear up a problem I had been struggling with for months.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007

One of the best in patient interest and manner. Easy to talk to and very helpful when others aren't. Smart and easy to trust. All physicians should be like Dr Tammana.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2007

Dr. Swarna Tammana's Credentials

• Umdnj New Jersey School Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1995)

GHI